The SFI Forum connects you with affiliates of all experience levels from around the world. You can join in-depth discussions of SFI products and programs, brainstorm and share tips and ideas, start new threads and polls, get your questions answered 24/7, and more!
To get the most from this valuable resource, you'll want to take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the forum's basic functions and discussion board etiquette.
You can access the forum from a list on the Hot Spots tab on your SFI homepage, as well as from the list of destination links on the left side of the Affiliate Center. Once you click the SFI Forum link, SFI's system automatically logs you in, and you can begin to explore topics and posts immediately.
On the main index, you'll notice these individual forums:
- Hi, my name is...(for new Forum members to introduce themselves)
- Getting Started
- Sponsoring SFI Affiliates
- SFI News Discussions
- Ask Gery
- ECA (E-Commerce Associates)
- PPA (Pay-Per-Action) Program
Above this list are links for: User Control Panel, View Your Posts, FAQ, Members, and Logout, which is followed by your SFI ID number and username.
FORUM CUSTOMIZING & PREFERENCES
From the Profile tab of the User Control Panel, can edit your profile and account settings as well as add your signature and/or an avatar that will appear at the bottom of your forum posts. Note: To make the SFI Forum a more personal, friendly place, we strongly recommend you add an avator (preferably your smiling face).
To enter personal contact information, click the Edit Profile link. Here, you can enter your instant messenger address (es), your Website URL, and other personal information.
To add a signature block to your posts, click the Edit Signature option from the Profile tab. There is a 255-character limit for your signature block. Just enter the text you want and click Submit.
An avatar is a small picture that can add some pizzazz to your forum posts. To add your own avatar, click Edit Avatar from the Profile tab. Avatars are, by definition, small. The maximum dimensions allowed are 90 x 90 pixels and 6KB. Just follow the directions to upload a photo from your computer or a Website. TIP: http://www.resizr.com provides a quick, easy, free way to reduce the size of a photo or graphic to fit within forum specifications.
STARTING A NEW TOPIC/POLL
To start a new topic, enter the specific forum in which you want to post your thread and click the New Topic button at the top of the page.
- Input your subject header into the appropriate field. Tip: remember to keep it short and as succinct as possible to quickly convey your topic.
- Next, enter your question or comment in the text field. You can insert emoticons or special formatting using the options provided on the page.
- To upload an attachment to your topic, click the Upload Attachment tab below the text field and follow the upload instructions.
- To create a poll with your new topic, click the "Poll Creation" tab below the text field. Enter a title and at least two possible poll answers in the appropriate fields, making sure each option is on a separate line in the text area.
- Once you're satisfied with your topic, click either the Preview button to see how it will appear or select Submit to post the topic to the specific forum. You should be automatically redirected to your new topic.
POSTING TO AN EXISTING TOPIC
To post your own reply or input to a topic, just click the Post Reply button at the top or the bottom of the topic's page.
- You can change the subject header if you wish to set your post apart a bit. Just remember to keep it short and as succinct as possible to quickly convey your topic.
- Next, enter your reply in the text field. You can add emoticons or use special formatting with the options provided on the page.
- To upload an attachment to your post, click the Upload Attachment tab below the text field and follow the upload instructions.
- Once you're satisfied with your post, click either the Preview button to check your post as it will appear or select Submit to finalize your post to the topic. The forum should automatically redirect you to your new post.
You can edit your posts at any time by clicking the Edit button at the top of your entry.
TRACKING & FINDING FORUM INFO
You can subscribe to a topic and receive e-mail updates each time someone posts to that topic. Just scroll down to the bottom of the topic of your choice and click the Subscribe Topic link. The link will then appear as "Unsubscribe Topic," which you can click to end your subscription. You can also easily view and manage all your subscribed topics via the Overview tab in the User Control Panel. Just click the Manage Subscriptions link there.
If you'd simply like an easy reference to a specific topic, you can just bookmark it by clicking the Bookmark Topic link at the bottom of the topic's page. You aren’t alerted when there’s an update, but the link will appear in your browser's bookmark list. You can also easily view and manage all your bookmarked topics via the Overview tab in the User Control Panel. Just click the Manage Bookmarks link there.
To search a forum or forums, enter a search term in the search box located at the top of forum or topic pages and click Search. Advanced searches can be accessed by clicking the “Advance Search” link below the search box.
FORUM RULES & ETIQUETTE
See this thread for SFI Forum rules of behavior.