Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

55x SUPPORT
Leon M.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

40 posts

Why have I lost my upline co-sponsor in Ask Gery #Leadership

7 hours ago

You're correct as the CSA reassign feature has been removed. I stand corrected!

Leon McKee

93 posts

My Earnings Now Showing in Compensation #Compensation

2 days ago

Hi Robert,

We're still discussing the best way to present that information which is of course very dynamic in nature (i.e. constantly changing depending on one's rank and the ranks of many other people in the chain). We're not sure if presenting amounts here (which could show lower/higher than it will actually be later) is more helpful than harmful.

P.S. Look for a new addition to the Scoreboard tab shortly (hopefully tomorrow) that will help everyone gauge overall activity all month long for their PSAs, NSAs, and CSAs.

Gery,
could you, please, clear this for me/us :

When it comes to the Team Overrides...
if someone in my 7th generation (I am a BTL) buys something...and having some
generations WITHOUT any EA, that 7th generation should enter in the compressed
generations for my BTL rank...
but...if I am NOT a BTL at the moment THAT purchase has been made, do I get
TO for it...or NOT?

I understood that TOs can be calculated only at the end of the month when you can
see what rank we have achieved for the CURRENT month and how deep down we
can go with compressed generations...

So, please,.. could you make this clear?

Thank you!

Minimum rank is EA to earn a Team Override (qualifies you for Team Overrides on 3 compressed generations). So if Joe on your 7th generation generated CV (via either a purchase or sale)...and there were less than three persons between you and Joe at the rank of EA, you'd earn a Team Override on the CV due to the dynamic compression we now utilize.

The line of sponsorship might look like this:

YOU (EA)
Tom
Mary
Bob (EA)
John
Lori
Sara (EA)
Joe

Of course, if you're a BTL, it could look like this and you'd still earn the Team Override on the CV on your 27th generation! Yes, dynamic compression is a HUGE upgrade to our comp plan!

YOU (BTL)
Tom
Mary
Bob (EA)
John
Lori
Sara (EA)
Frank
Burt
Phil
Jarred
Molly
Justin
Allen
Tamra
Garret
Willie
Pete
Stan
Sherry (EA)
Alex (BTL)
Chelsea
Lonnie
Larry (EA)
Trixie
Josh
Gabe
Joe

Thank you...I understand that...
What I want to understand BETTER is...the TIMING of the purchase...

If I am not re-qualified as BTL at the moment a purchase has been made in my
7th generation, do I have right for the TO on that purchase...or NOT?

Got it! Commissions will be qualified for based on your rank (and pending CV) at the time commissions are processed. This is why it's quite dicey to post "real time" Team Override amounts in the My Earnings panel...because they could change drastically.

I see...
So, to answer my question above...NO...I am not qualified for that Team override
if I am not a BTL AT THE MOMENT THE PURCHASE IS MADE. Right?

For BTLs it might not be that big problem...but, for all the above ranks...yes, that
might mean losing a lot of money during the month...

Your title at the time commissions are processed (on or about the 10th of the NEXT month) determines your commissions for the PRIOR month. Example: If a purchase is made in your team on the 1st of the month, but you don't qualify until the 30th you are still going to receive a commission from that purchase. Nothing has changed in this regard!

Leon McKee

40 posts

Negative associates in Suggestion Box

2 days ago

Thank goodness!

Leon McKee

9 posts

Double Binds and Authority Figures in Getting Started #Getting Started #Leadership #Team Building

4 days ago

Obviously I need to really rethink how I'm presenting the information

One of my favorites sayings at a time like this is "Newman". I really loved the TV show Seinfield!

Leon McKee

9 posts

Double Binds and Authority Figures in Getting Started #Getting Started #Leadership #Team Building

5 days ago

Thanks Maree! You're one hard working business person and you have a great team. I simply love your attitude!

Leon McKee

9 posts

5 days ago

Full Disclosure about Double Binds before I proceed...

I use them! However, I try VERY hard to do good with this communication strategy. I try

The concept of a double bind actually has several definitions. The version I'm referring to in this thread involves authority figures positioning themselves in a way that leaves us with little choice but to believe exactly what they communicate.

My late Father was a very authoritative individual and he ruled our household with absolute certainty! I remember hearing comments like "I'm the adult and..." and "You're just a kid and..." all the while feeling very frustrated. Of course, when we're kids we know it all and our parents seem to know very little. We all know how that story goes! My Father was an important authority figure in my life and he used double binds almost daily to try and keep me on the straight and narrow. How does this relate to our business?

When someone says "I've been doing this or that for X number of years and it does not work etc..." to an affiliate who is just getting started the message is something like "I'm the authority and you're not so listen to me" (X could be any number of years). I recommend being very cautious when someone puts you into a double bind. Sometimes the authority figure has been doing the same exact daily activities for X number of years straight with little variation. This makes them a "1 day" expert and not a "X year" expert.

What's the best indicator, in this business, to use when working through double binds? Look for positive results that mimic what YOU want to achieve with YOUR business. Our business model goes up and it goes down and that's just the way businesses work. However, we're always moving forward! The internet has changed everything and businesses now move at light speed. Nothing stays the same and SFI must adapt and that's just the way it is! Now more than ever we all need trusted advisers who pass on actionable information and answer our most basic questions. We need leaders!

Understanding the positive and negative of double binds has helped me tremendously in my personal and business life. If you've never heard of the double bind concept you might have alarms go off the next time you experience a double bind (just take a deep breath). Make double binds work for you in a positive way!

Thanks

Leon McKee

P.S. Anything Gery Carson puts into writing is a positive example of leadership that can be trusted. When Gery nicely puts me into a double bind I listen very carefully!

31 posts

Earning report coming soon in Suggestion Box #Compensation #Sales

5 days ago

I've seen the duplication concept questioned a lot lately. My impression is that the concept of duplication is misunderstood to be honest. I must admit that back in the 80's this was a serious concern that I shared. I'll start a thread over the next week and address duplication from the standpoint of what I've witnessed since the early 80's along with what I've experienced since going full-time in the early 90's. I hope I can help!

Leon McKee

31 posts

5 days ago

Here's what Wikipedia states:

Affiliate Marketing

"Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate's own marketing efforts"

Generating leads, at least weekly, is the bare minimum to test any marketing system!

Leon McKee

31 posts

5 days ago

Stephen, after reading the content of your very public post I thought I would take a look at your team in the genealogy. With all due respect you really need to focus on systematically building a team with your own advertising and marketing. Honestly, it's not fair to make these kind of "very public" comments in a business forum with the bare minimal test results on which to base a conclusion. Our public comments affect the livelihood of other affiliates. Many of those folks, from all over the world, pay bills with their online business income. We have a serious responsibility here to be leaders!

Leon McKee

55 posts

Like joke! Like joke! I made it. in Inspiration/Testimonials #Contests #E365 #Getting Started

5 days ago

Nkechi , a BIG congratulations on your achievements. Excellent work!

Thanks for your efforts

Leon McKee

P.S. You're on my 18th level representing 9 different countries. WOW! Not bragging, but wanted to point out how cool this business truly can be! You can literally have a network that spans the entire world. The sun will never set on your business

371 posts

New Comp Plan Improvements in SFI News #Compensation #CSA

5 days ago

Manuel, no one knows at this point. Programming at this level is NOT easy and takes a lot of testing. We need to let the IT team do their job in a timely manner to avoid mistakes. We have all month to get it right!

Leon McKee

Posted on the SFI Corporate stream this morning...

Leon McKee

31 posts

5 days ago

Found it! Good news!

Leon McKee

40 posts

5 days ago

Mirjana, please understand that this is a U.S. based business so there's a process for everything and things take time! SFI has a process they follow to deal with violations of the Affiliate Agreement. SFI puts themselves, and our businesses, at risk if they act quickly or harshly. We need to report threads and posts that violate the rules and then let SFI take action. However, there's no way every situation can be dealt with immediately.

Leon McKee

I understand you now. Thank you for your time and understanding.

Mirjana, have you flagged the offending post(s) for the mods? Just to be clear these are current posts right?

Leon McKee

40 posts

6 days ago

Mirjana, please understand that this is a U.S. based business so there's a process for everything and things take time! SFI has a process they follow to deal with violations of the Affiliate Agreement. SFI puts themselves, and our businesses, at risk if they act quickly or harshly. We need to report threads and posts that violate the rules and then let SFI take action. However, there's no way every situation can be dealt with immediately.

Leon McKee

40 posts

6 days ago

This does complicate the process! The best we (you) can do is report a thread or post and ask that the offending text be translated. This could really complicate having sub-forums in so many lauguages

Leon McKee

7 posts

How sfi members get commission in Getting Started #Compensation #Sales #Team Building

6 days ago

You've had some excellent replies especially Tanjas' post. I would strongly encourage you to seek total understanding of the residual income concept. Residual income is not a commonly used phrase outside of a few dozen countries in the world. However, the biggest benefit to a business like SFI is actually Residual Income. If you learn the power of residual income then you'll connect your reason for being in this business with the concept and find yourself motivated on a daily basis.

Residual Income

What’s the best plan for building a full-time residual income I can retire on?

Leon McKee

24 posts

That's it I am done! in Marketing #Marketing #PSA #Team Building

6 days ago

Yes!

Good headline writing practice

I sometimes wonder if the average person that opts out of SFI is quitting online marketing all together or was SFI their only test. Online marketing should be a lifestyle choice and consist of many different income streams. So why quit? Anyway...

However, your thread is about sticking with systematically placing free ads. Good headline! Great thread!

Thanks

Leon McKee

10 posts

Net neutrality is ending and is affectin published sites in Marketing #Marketing #Sales

6 days ago

Michael makes a good point! You need to determine what is redirecting your URL. That's not good!

Leon McKee

10 posts

Net neutrality is ending and is affectin published sites in Marketing #Marketing #Sales

6 days ago

Put a lot of focus on keeping your web properties lean and fast! Two free-to-use sites I recommend to assist in this process are:

Google's PageSpeed Insights

GTmetrix

For example, be very selective about the graphics you use!

Also, make sure your web host is as close to the internet backbone as possible. If a web host wants to stay competitive they'll get you the fastest access. Any host that slows you down in favor of another site should be dumped immediately!

We can't control the end users ISP experience and that's a challenge. However, if we keep our sites lean and fast we're doing as much as we can on our end.

Leon McKee

40 posts

Why have I lost my upline co-sponsor in Ask Gery #Leadership

7 days ago

Most of us will have up to 3 co-sponsors. The reason why is the new compensation plan provides for 4 total co-sponsors. However, established CSAs will count as double to keep current incomes intact. This means that anyone new coming into the business will have 4 co-sponsors, but you and I will have up to 3 co-sponsors.

Leon McKee
I have had an upline co-sponsor who has been very helpful and has become a very good friend. I just checked my upline and I am no longer listed as her CSA. I did not see anything where we would lose them if they were still EA or above. She is still a STL and listed on some leaderboards. I do not think that the new comp plan said anything about changing CSA's. She is the one that is mostly responsible for me staying with SFI. Has anyone else had this happen?

This entire thread is about the issue to be honest. It's being worked on by SFI.

Leon McKee

7 posts

Super rich Internet Income course in Marketing

7 days ago

Hint: Most of my top leaders used the "FREE Internet Income Course" strategy to build their businesses! Although it's been many years since this was a focus what we did was advertise the free internet income course and directed the prospect to the /free gateway page. I can't even begin to tell you how many affiliates in SFI came from that strategy, but it was a lot! The word free does not work as well today, but you get the idea. Maybe some creative thought is overdue on this idea?

Leon McKee

25 posts

How To Earn Maximum Income As A Basic Affiliate Only in Marketing #Marketing #Sales #TripleClicks

7 days ago

Tim, as always your responses are simple to understand and pretty direct. You are a true forum guru!

Leon McKee

25 posts

How To Earn Maximum Income As A Basic Affiliate Only in Marketing #Marketing #Sales #TripleClicks

7 days ago

Yes, you did an excellent job. No worries!

My response was just to reinforce what you said otherwise someone might post something that gets the entire thread removed. This has happened many times over the years. Just trying to help.

Leon McKee

25 posts

7 days ago

Just wanted to point out that if one was using traditional affiliate marketing strategies to sell products and/or services it would actually be impossible to not also build a team. There's no way to simply stay a basic affiliate as this is an eco-system with connected parts. If you drive prospect traffic to SFI, for any reason, then you WILL move through the title levels over time. The whole system is a process just like climbing a set of stairs.

Leon McKee

25 posts

7 days ago

Caution! Without legal income disclaimers we can't discuss specific amounts...

However, here's what I will say:

1) If you're serious then a four figure monthly income is possible!

2) If you're really serious and apply leverage then a five figure monthly income is possible!

3) The income opportunity actually has no limits, but physics do come into play. Meaning there's only so many hours in the day, week, month etc...

Hint: Learn from those that have achieved what you want to achieve!

Ask actionable questions and then take action

Leon McKee

P.S. I did not differentiate between the title levels because we're all simply Affiliates.