Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

SUPPORT
Richard M.

United States

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

17 posts

Marketing on my blog. in Miscellaneous #Marketing #Sales #TripleClicks

2 days ago

John,

most likely you will need to contact your blog hosting company and ask them what you need to do add a security certificate to your blog.

Each host provider does it a little different. You may be able to find information about this in your hosting dashboard.

Keep in mind, if you are using free hosting on a subdomain, i.e. johnw.worpress.com, then the only way I know of is to upgrade to a paid hosting package.

Either way, contact your host and see what they say.

Richard

33 posts

Plastic bottle in Miscellaneous

4 days ago

Thank you Gery.

I have learned a lot (about marketing etc.) since joining SFI, and I see side hustle and business opportunities all over the place... some days I am overwhelmed with ideas both in my local physical life and my online presence.

Thanks for innovating constantly and working with all of us to make SFI great.

Richard

18 posts

Creating a store!! in Marketing #Getting Started #Localvantia

6 days ago

Nouta,

I believe this is the link you are looking for: www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?catid=26444&id=232035

On this page it explains about ECAs and a link to the Gateway list. On the gateway page, scroll down and look for the ECA gateway link, click it and you should be able to sign up your online store.

Hope this helps.

Richard

P.S. You would have been able to find this information by clicking the looking-glass/magnifier icon at the top of any SFI Affiliate Center page and searching for ECA.

33 posts

Plastic bottle in Miscellaneous

6 days ago

So,

where everyone here is seeing a problem, and it is a REAL problem, I see a business opportunity!

For those of you living in a country that has many active affiliates, maybe one of you could get sub-contract work with SFI.

I bet many countries like Italy, can order plastic bottles with customized logo from ANY EU country complying with EU restrictions that Italy or any other country has.

So, maybe someone in the EU, or if more restricted in your country, can find a vendor in their country that can produce something similar to the auction product.

Then, once a small inventory has been purchased, say a box of 25 or 50 or 100, create an online store, list in in Localvantia, make the products available to your country, or EU, or other region, and then contact SFI/Gery and offer this similar product as an AA auction item alternative, then SFI can buy it from the Localvantia store for direct delivery to the affiliate that wins.

I'm sure there are some regulations to deal with, and a lot of technical details to work out, but I don't see why it would not be possible to accomplish this?

Gery, SFI Support, any thoughts on this?

Richard

10 posts

What is your daily minimum? in Getting Started #Getting Started

9 days ago

Damien,

on my weekends, this is exactly what I do... my family is usually still asleep while I have my coffee, and most weekend days I get all my tabs green plus check my Team Mail and some email.

On week days, I try to get part of this work incorporated into my breaks at work. I tend to be able to take 15 mnute breaks, which means I can usually get 1/3rd to half of my daily minimums done, however, some days I am out and about taking care of work, if so, then I try to spend my lunch at my desk (saves money from not going out to eat), usually having something to eat I brought from home or a can of soup maybe, and I usually get all of SFI work done in that one hour.

So, for any new affiliates reading this, you can see that really, working SFI is not much more time consuming - working this business instead of wasting time on social media could allow you to build a lucrative second income stream!

Richard

18 posts

Please can you explain to me how to post free ads in Getting Started #Getting Started #Marketing #Team Building

10 days ago

I use a smartphone for work but I do not use it for SFI except to turn a few tabs green when I am on the road, however, I have used it to create text only posts on my blog... so... if I were you, I would start working on putting a simple text-only ad at the end of my signature for my email, then find places where you can add a text only ad.

Next I would find an Internet Café and use a computer to pull any relevant banners (or the pre-built code for them) from SFI and TripleClicks and put them into a format for easy posting using your phone... such as creating the code or copying the pre-built code and adding your own additional things you want to say, and saving this into an email and sending it to yourself. You get to proof-read your own ad and then you can copy-past from your received email into whatever traffic exchange or website you want to use.

Or you can this exact thing in the Internet Café, or even using your friend's computer. Only performing the SFI affiliate center functions are dependent on being on only your own device, working with traffic exchanges is free to do on ANY device that is suitable.

Hope this helps.

Richard

10 posts

Can the Astro Auctions Flight Log be put in numerical order? in Suggestion Box

12 days ago

I will second that!

Or the ability to sort by flight number or flight date/time.

Either would be great.

Richard

14 posts

BUILD MY TEAM in Team Building #CSA #PSA

16 days ago

One thing no one has mentioned, is how to track who signed up through a gateway or in-person referral...

The technique is the same, the trick is with the key codes... search the knowledge base and the forum for help with key codes, but if you give your referral link to someone in person, especially family and friends then use key code 9999 - this is very important, because you can guarantee up to three PSAs to be assigned to you personally ignoring all assignment rules SFI has for determining who gets the PSAs (read about Opti-Build to learn more).

Hope this helps a little.

Richard

44 posts

At 49 Wins Now In AA, What Shall I Start Doing? in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions #Marketing

17 days ago

I forgot to mentions, I only purchase 100 TCredit a month (previously 125) because I have the Builder Bundle as my auto-delivery now. If I need TCredits towards the end of the month, I trade in the plethora of Rewardicals I win for TCredits, just enough to get through the month and have the 2 TCredits I need every day to turn my tabs green.

If I still do not get enough TCredits, I consult my budget, and remove a fancy coffee from my diets or purchase a simpler meal that costs less. I use the saving to invest into this business.

There is ALWAYS a way to pay to improve yourself and your business!

Richard

44 posts

At 49 Wins Now In AA, What Shall I Start Doing? in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions #Marketing

17 days ago

Bing,

first of all, congrats to achieving your 50 wins, 51 by the time I write this to be exact.

I am in your Gen2 layer, and I have to say I very quickly adopted a similar AA play strategy as you have... with a twist.

All Affiliates,

following you will find some of my strategy for maintaining rank and status in SFI as well as potentially win AA:

I am trying to compensate for the old 2xMRP auctions which allowed me to maintain rank --- by using the same 1 TCredit per AA Bing uses.

I achieve my minimum goal of 20VP a day by doing my daily green tabs, at least one AA and one EZ Game, plus winning at least one AA a day that contained 10VP or more. This consumes up to 62 TCredits a month (in a 31 day month, less in shorter months).

My goal is 20 VP a day to get all the bonus entries in the Daily Grand Sweepstakes to maximize my chances of winning Rewardicals.

Should one of the Astro Auctions I bid in not provide any VP, I will enter another AA sometime that day, but I ususally have at least one TCredit in 2-5 auctions a day.

For some auctions, I will bid up to 75 TCredits, and commit 2 TCredits to the tie breaker - why? Check the flight logs for that type of auctions you would like to win, and you will learn why! Readers are leaders, and if you can learn this little tip on your own, you will be better off by learning it for your self. I gave you all the hints you need. t is SIMPLE to figure out if you read the AA rules.

Now, for auctions you would LOVE to win, once again I go the flight logs and I look at EVERY auction for the same type of auction I WANT the winning prize - let's pick on 50 CSAs. Look at all the statistics provided to us (see my hints above) and determine how much you are willing to invest into your SFI business... this is what Bing is referring to in part previously in this forum thread - you must invest into your business to be in similar position like him - you can invest little over long periods of time or large amounts in short amount of time to reach similar goals.

Once you determine how much you can invest, use that to bid in your choice of auction, bid high enough that you think you will win, and set your tie breaker commitment to something more than ONE TCredit!!!

You may still not win this auction, but unlike the old Penny Auctions where all those TCredits are gone, if you don't win THIS auction, you get all your TCredits back minus the 1 TCredit to pay for the auction entry and the tie breaker commitment TCredits.

If you commit 575 TCredits in one auction with a tie breaker commitment of 24 TCredits, you get 550 Tcredits back if you don't win!!! How awesome is that?

Seriously!

Enough said.

Be a leader (for yourself, your family, and your team), become a reader, use your reasoning abilities, and learn, learn, learn. Education doesn't stop after exiting school - your personal development depends on never-ending self-education!

Richard

19 posts

Readers are leaders - read about leaders that read daily! in Team Building #Leadership #Team Building

18 days ago

Kevin,

I understand, I have many family members, friends and acquaintances that are the same way.

The trick is to start small... here is something people like myself that are pressed for time do... I don't have time to read EVERY article and blog post I see that interests me.

So - if a headline grabs my attention, I open the page, read the first two paragraphs, and if I am still hooked, I bookmark the page to Google Keep (sticky note app), and go on with whatever primary task I am working on. Then when I get a break or lunch, or I get home from work or whatever I am doing, I go back and read one or two articles, and take notes in Google Keep for any material I want to research further.

If the article doesn't keep my attention, by the second paragraph, I skip to the bottom and see if there is a summary or conclusion paragraph, and read that. If there is something intriguing in this last paragraph, then I also bookmark the page for further reading, otherwise I let that article go.

This allows you to cover a lot of topics in a short amount of time and you don't get bored or frustrated, and you don't fill your brain with useless information that appeared to be important at first.

Hope this helps.

Richard

19 posts

Readers are leaders - read about leaders that read daily! in Team Building #Leadership #Team Building

18 days ago

James,

I agree with you that there is a lot of repeat of this, but it also shows that many people only glance over material and run with what they skimmed from the information... that is why we must repeat, and repeat, and repeat our efforts to make sure that every affiliate at any time gets their fair chance to get the point we're making.

So, and good team leader is not only a reader, he is also someone that shares/writes information over, and over, and over, but repackaged, re-written, re-organized to fit the current scheme of things.

This translates to a good leader is NOT ONLY and reader, he is a writer and disseminator of information that is relevant at the current time.

That is why I posted the article, and that is why I mentioned the phrase Gery keeps repeating over, and over, and over... because it need to be repeated for all the new affiliates to be seen.

Richard

11 posts

I won an auction - WOOHOO in Recognition #Astro Auctions #Eager Zebra

18 days ago

Naturally
Hopefully many more!

Richard

19 posts

19 days ago

Hello all,

as we all know, SFI, Gery, keeps drumming this fact into our heads - readers are leaders.

On this not, there is an excellent article at Entrepreneur Magazine that confirms this and some strategies to employ.

Check it out

Richard

27 posts

Role of sponser in Team Building #Sponsor

21 days ago

Bratislav,

I agree to a point. SFI is THE sponsor and provider of training materials etc.

However, as can be seen these this forum, WE, the affiliates have much to contribute to making new affiliates successful. Sponsors and Co-Sponsors are an important aspect of this business model because Gery and the support team can only answer so many questions a day...!

With that said, every affiliate has their destiny in THEIR OWN hands.
YOU and your business will only be as successful as you make it.
YOU as the business owner are in control.
YOU make it happen!

Richard

34 posts

A new leader of the diamond team in Recognition #Leadership #Team Building

21 days ago

I also saw Gery on the Growth TAB today!

Congrats Gery!

Richard

11 posts

24 days ago

I believe it cost me 130 TCredits to get the 50 CSAs, and yes, I go t them assigned very quickly.

I don't in any way believe I LOST anything on this auction. The only thing I hope for is that as many of the CSAs as possible remain active affiliates.

As for any of the other items I got back, you can see from my post how many Rewardicals I got... if I don't win an auction, I get 10-100 Rewardicals and about a 3rd of the time I get 10VP, and maybe 1 times out of 10 I get more than 10VP per auction, so regardless, I am only losing a fraction of the value of a TCredit just to participate in the auction(s).

Astro Auctions are a Win-Win-PossibleWin situation. That's why I enter at least ONE auction a day (to turn my tab green) and usually 3 to 4 more to get some VP...

Richard

36 posts

Redeeming Versa Points to go BTL in VersaPoints #Team Building #VersaPoints

24 days ago

Andrea,

when I lack 50-100VP to make BTL, I buy a single TCredit for US$1.99.
If I lack more, on day 27 say, I buy one single TCredit every day until I am BTL.

A single TCredit gives you 102VP, and we all can always use a TCredit for an auction or to turn the EZ tab green.

I ALWAYS make BTL by the end of the month if possible, to show my team it is possible with a limited budget, and also so I get more CV from more compressed generations.

GO BTL!!!

Richard

11 posts

27 days ago

Astro Auction #662 | MSRP: $90.00

I wont my first Auction - WOOHOO!!!

Auction won by Riccccardo with bid of 130
Riccccardo saved up to 58% off the MSRP!

The 1,000 RT Rocket Box was won by nyerj32
The 11000 RT Supernova rolled over
The 500 RT Pick The Bid was won by akit2012

You won: 15 Moves, 1,325 Rewardicals

This auction awarded 5,411 total Rewardicals!

Just wanted to share

Richard

7 posts

Astro Auction verses Double MRP Auction. in Miscellaneous #Astro Auctions #VersaPoints

28 days ago

I agree with both of you above!

In addition, the 2xMRP auctions were maybe one out of 10 auctions, with Astro, EVERY auction is better than 2xMRP.

Way to go SFI Dev Team - you have done it again in bringing us another awesome product in the auction experience.

Thank you!!!

Richard

27 posts

about 1 month ago

Ramon,

right-on!

We here at SFI are in a B2B (business to business) relationship.

Just like a services company office like say a Legal Office (Lawyers) needs office office supplies, the Legal Office doesn't tell the Office Supply store how to run their business or how to help their customers... the Office Supply store provides a product they have advertised (in SFI this would mean welcome letters and followup Team Mails etc,) and the Legal Office has responded via their preferred means of communications (say, Team Mail or the shopping cart of the Office Supply store) to those initial communications - (I wrote this not for you Ramon, but for the analogy benefit to newbies).

In many ways we are also like a franchise business... Look at McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut... they have franchises all over the world... are they all the same? NO!!!

They ARE the same in SOME ways - they all use the same logo (just like we use the SFI logo), they use similar looking interiors in their stores (with a little local or regional additions/changes) but where they significantly are DIFFERENT is their menus - in Japan they serve seafood items not available in the USA or Europe, go next door to Korea, some of the same Japanese menu items will be there but not others.

However, what all of these restaurants have in common is the managers - they are the business owners, and their store success is in THEIR hands - they are in control of THEIR destiny!!!

So, I totally agree with you, we are the managers of our own (franchise or affiliate) business here at SFI. And I think this is what Gery is trying to instill in all of us - business leadership for ourselves - because if WE become successful personally, we all gain from that... you gain, your business gains (and grows hopefully), SFI gains a successful partner, and the world gains by have a productive person contributing to the success of the human species.

Richard.

27 posts

about 1 month ago

Mustafa,

I already explained that I too have at times no responded to my own team in a timely manner.

Yes, until June 2018, many affiliated would only send Team Mails to get the VP. Since there is no more VP to be gained from sending Team Mail anymore, no doubt there will be less communications from some Team Leaders.

I used to sent out enough Team Mail to get the VP, however, I would send more Team Mail if I considered that there was relevant information to share that I thought might be important. At this point in time, I send my welcome letter, a few eCards, and that is all.

I DO respond to my team members when I can, when time permits.

Many times I will only send them to the LaunchPad, Forum, or other resources because I can tell they have not read the welcome letter from SFI or from myself. Sometime I tell them to find the welcome letters. Sometimes I will guide them to the right resource. If I feel they understand, I tell them they need to be or learn to be readers to become leaders.

If there is a language barrier, I send them to the translator and the country forum for their country. There s always a way to provide the relevant needed information to a team member.

Somewhere above part of your up-line has responded already... use them as your resource. Elizabeta is very active here on the Forums, so I know she cares about her team... talk to her.

Hope the above and my previous post show that if YOU have the initiative (and you have based on your two previous posts) to lead yourself and any team you build, your up-line in part will help you along if they can.

I suspect that I will see you again with EA, BTL or STL rank soon

Richard

27 posts

about 1 month ago

Mustafa,

first - congratulations for making the effort of proceeding with no help. This shows you have the mental attitude to drive your business - and it is YOUR business, SFI and your up-line members are only here to assist you, your business success is completely up to you.

second - on your non-responsive sponsors; I too have times when I cannot respond to my down-line team... my job and life get in the way. In most cases, I will reply to my team members within 48 hours if possible. But, seeing Elizabeta reply to this thread shows me that some of the team leaders above you do care. Always try to use your ENTIRE up-line as a resource!

Now, here is the thing, as you noticed, many of the replies mention this is YOUR business, and YOUR responsibility to make it what YOU want. If you want to stay at EA level, you will not have to commit much more than you do. However, I have seen too many people give up when becoming frustrated with the lack of up-line support to push them further.

There is a saying in English - you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make the horse drink... this fits SFI 100%... SFI and Team Leaders cannot make someone do anything... they have to do it of their own free will.

YOUR free will. YOUR willingness to understand (read lessons and forum) and them implement (work business and LEAD team) this knowledge to drive your portion of the business - SFI refers to people like you as Readers are/become Leaders.

With all this said, keep up the good work, but NEVER give up reading about this business, and then implementing what you learn to lead your future and your team down the road of success by example.

Richard

3 posts

Special ASTRO Auctions TCredit pack in Suggestion Box #Astro Auctions #Sales #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Question:
Could we possibly setup a special TCredits Pack for newbies and people that have limited budgets.

Details:
I have come to love Astro Auctions, and I diligently try to log in every day to turn all my tabs green.

These last few days something has been percolating in my subconscious.

I have had, and still do sometimes struggle with funding the purchase of TCredits to turn the PB and EZ tabs green. This requires 62 TCredits in 31 day months.

What I am suggesting here, is a 62 TCredit Pack that you can only purchase via auto delivery, or a TL could purchase as a gift for his PSAs...

This way, people with even a very modest means would be able to turn all of these tabs green, and TLs with a small disposable income could purchase an emergency TCredit pack for a PSA that has a bad month income wise and can't afford to purchase any TCredits.

We could even limit the gift purchase to one a year or one every 6 months per PSA to prevent abuse. The gift purchase would be in the PSA checklist and grayed out unless it's never been used or the time limit has been exceeded. An in light of the Smart Start program, it could also be grayed out if the PSA has never achieved EA, making that a prerequisite to allow TLs to purchase the gift pack.

This would be a way for us TLs to help out our PSAs early on if we ourselves do not have enough active PSAs to reassign down the line.

A different idea would be to provide a Auction & Game pack that would provide us with a mean of turning those two tabs green every day of the month. It could be valued at the same cost as what the TCredits cost, but could only be used for turning those tabs green, and we could bundle this same pack with additional TCredits for bidding in additional auctions or play more "pay" games, i.e. EZ&PB Green Tab Pack and EZ&PB Green Tab plus 25/40/65/100 TCredits Pack(s). The plus packs with 40/65 TCredits could be priced at a reduced cost like the 100 and 125 TCredits auto-delivery special packs.

If we had such an animal to purchase, I would add that to my auto delivery TODAY, since I would know my two tabs will be green because I can't mis-spend my TCredits!!! (provided I participate in an auction and game and elect to use my pre-purchased bid/turn)

Just an idea for the development team.

Richard

16 posts

A suggestion for Astro Auctions in Suggestion Box #Astro Auctions #Eager Zebra

about 1 month ago

Gery/Phill,

I am also not much of a game player, and some of the prizes I win in Astro Autions will probably go unused for the most part. It would be cool if we could have something similar to the CSA exchange, but for unused game items like matches or moves...

I am sure you have an internal value set onto these, and the exchange could be limited to maybe one exchange a day at the internal set value... when setting the exchange, we could specify what we would like to see in exchange for the unused items we have in inventory.

This would probably get me to play a few more games of ZackJack for example, if I could exchange my unused Poker moves for matches maybe...

Or, when we enter an auction, maybe we could "contribute" our unwanted winning items to the current auction for some sort of advantage, say a 1 point elevation above our TCredits committed to the auction.

Just a couple suggestions here

Richard