Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

8x SUPPORT
Max J.

Canada

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

367 posts

New Comp Plan Improvements in SFI News #Compensation #CSA

17 days ago

Fantastic!
It never ceases to amaze me how Gery and his staff continue to make great improvements to the SFI system. Clearly, Gery's focus is on growing SFI into the best of the best platforms for online home businesses. I commend and thank him for those unbelievable improvements!
I am especially looking forward to more easily adding EAs to my downline and retaining them as productive members. I put in an amazing amount of time trying to motivate my downline and these new changes will, I believe, help me to see solid growth and development.
Thanks and my sincere gratitude to Gery and his team!

Max

19 posts

Captcha on each PTP pick. Seriously? in Eager Zebra #Eager Zebra

about 1 month ago

I agree with the Captcha. I have experience devastating security problems and any sign that SFI is attempting to deal with the unprincipled is fine with me. I can live with the annoyance. Believe me it beats dealing with the fallout from inadequate security protection. I`m not so naive to think that a Captcha is going to solve all such problems, but it is certainly encouraging to know that SFI is alert. Surely Gery would not institute such a feature unless there are problems.

25 posts

Happy Mother's Day in Miscellaneous

about 1 month ago

To all the mothers in SFI throughout the world...

234 posts

Goodbye Class Cash, Hello Smart Start! in SFI News #Getting Started #Marketing #Team Building

about 1 month ago

WOW! I'm truly impressed.

Without reservation, I believe this Smart Start program beats the previous Class Cash drawing.

Smart Start targets multiple factors that tend to motivate many of us. After the initial reward for joining, action is required by the new member to acquire further rewards. And increasing tardiness in performing these actions leads to diminishing return. Brilliant!

I believe this new program will quickly show positive returns.

Kudos to Gery and his team!

Regards,
Max

19 posts

Whats new pussy cat? in Miscellaneous

about 1 month ago

Yes, Phill, living in ignorance can sometimes be bliss but there's nothing as exciting for me than to know and anticipate.
The waiting just kills me, but the anticipation just elevates the excitement! When it is finally revealed we can revel in the euphoria or cry over the let-down. Isn't that the best?

117 posts

My First Mate is now in peace in Miscellaneous

about 1 month ago

Sincere Condolences, Tall Ship. Our prayers are with you. May your first mate rest in peace and, as we say in Newfoundland, "Long may your big jib draw!"

156 posts

Please pray for my husband in Miscellaneous

2 months ago

Dear Caroline,
Both you and David are in our thoughts and prayers. We pray for a speedy recovery for David and relief from the burdens and stresses caused by your circumstances. May God bless you both.
Sincerely,
Max

63 posts

Biz-Quiz in Suggestion Box #Contests

2 months ago

My sincere apologies.
The above sentence in my previous post is incorrect.
You will indeed get VP for spending TCredits to play extra Eager Zebra Games (including Card King) on a daily basis. That is indeed good. I learned this by testing - spending TCredits on the Card King game. However, I'm having trouble finding anything in the website copy to clearly indicate this.

63 posts

Biz-Quiz in Suggestion Box #Contests

2 months ago

Good day, Fellow Zingers!

First let me say, I agree with William R. I. However, I think Svend is correct in saying the answer to the question is incorrect. AND furthermore, it is not related to any bug in the system.

Here`s my explanation:

You get the 1 VP that everyone is talking about not because you played Card King (necessarily) but because you played an Eager Zebra game and Card Kind happens to be one of the Zebra Games.

Guess what? If you had played any other Zebra Game for which you paid 1 TCredit, you would have gotten the same 1 VersaPoint. No mystery. No bug. Simple rules.

After you have gotten that 1 VP for playing ANY Zebra Game, any number of TCredits spent that same day on Card King will NOT produce further VersaPoints.

16 posts

Why strong teams can lose value and sometimes disappear forever? in Team Building #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

3 months ago

Thanks Jacques!

Nice to meet you here.

I regret that I didn't discover SFI years ago... ...Mais, mieux vaut tard que jamais! (Isn't translate.google.com wonderful! LOL!!)

All the best from a fellow Canadian!
Max

16 posts

Why strong teams can lose value and sometimes disappear forever? in Team Building #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

3 months ago

Hi Hafsah,
I like your spirit.
I hope you hang unto that attitude
If you persist, you can go far.
I wish you the very best.
Max

16 posts

3 months ago

I am embarassed to admit this has happened to me!

I have been in Network Marketing for a long time, starting with Amway in the late-sixties. I have had good teams and not-so-good teams. I have had success and I have had failure. However, after those many years, I can say one thing about my experiences with absolute certainty: I alone sowed the seeds of destruction for those teams that did not grow and flourish.

Whew—I'm sure glad I got that off my chest!

Well, actually I got it off my chest a long time ago when I realized why it happened, but it is still a relief today admitting it here on the Forum.

After a lot of analysis, contemplation and introspection, I have concluded the one mistake (maybe among many) that I made was to think that all I had to do was plant the seed, give it some initial nourishment and then it will blossom on its own without my involvement.

Boy, was I ever wrong!

With the hardiest of plants and in the best of environments, that might have worked. However, without dedicated care, the likelihood of a plant dying is greater than its chances for success.

So, why did I cause my teams to fail?

In simple terms, I stopped working, stopped engaging and stopped sponsoring. I assumed the team had enough momentum to carry it forward forever.

Well, let me shout it loud and clear...

NEVER Stop Working and NEVER Stop Recruiting.

I know I am not the only MLM leader who has made this mistake—built a large downline and then sat back and left everything to the downline affiliates.

Guess what?

The downline affiliates decide since the leader is sitting back, they can too! (You see DUPLICATION does work... LOL!)

Then automatically the brakes go on. Forward momentum stops. The business withers like a plant with its leaves dying. The death is slow and insidious, but it is absolutely real.

Don't make the same mistake I did.

Keep sponsoring to make sure the team's momentum runs at full speed.

Don't ever think of changing this attitude until you reach Diamond.

AND even then you remain ACTIVE! (Witness Gery, an inspiration to all of us.)

12 posts

What to do after becoming an EA? in Getting Started

4 months ago

Hi Amila,

I will Congratulate you in advance!

You can be very proud if you make Executive Affiliate by the end of February. You were so late joining in January, you had little time to collect the 1500 VPs required for EA.

As for subsequent months, reaching the 1500 VP required to maintain the EA rank can be more challenging. However, it can also be much easier. All you need do is set up an Auto-Delivery that gives you the 1500 VP immediately (like, www.tripleclicks.com/detail.php?item=212474), or if this small investment is difficult, you could find a cheaper product for Auto-Delivery and together with the To-Do List VPs you acquire, you could get the 1500 total by the end of March. Obviously, this second option will require more planning.

There are other options and other colleagues will probably give you their suggestions.

All the best!

Max

2 posts

Big Picture vs. "What freebie can I get today?" in Inspiration/Testimonials

4 months ago

Fellow Affiliates,

Please indulge me as I attempt to share my thoughts about focusing on the big picture rather than on minutiae, such as "What freebie can I get today?"

Gery and his team have carefully crafted a business model that enables and empowers many people who would not otherwise be able to start an online business. This is indeed admirable.

It is important, however, that all of us see the big picture instead of fixating on those aspects that give us immediate gratification - the "free" rewards. As Mitch Lasky says, "Free-to-play isn't a business model. Free-to-play is a marketing strategy."

SFI, like no other opportunity, employs this marketing strategy successfully and to the benefit of so many throughout the world. However, the free-to-play strategy carries a strong potential for creating myopic views of the very model its designed to promote. Many of us, myself included, are so lured by the free-to-play we develop tunnel-vision and have difficulties seeing the bigger picture.

For what they are worth, here are my thoughts on how, going forward, I can focus more on the overall business model (big view) and expand my vision for the future:

1. I will constantly remind myself that "Nothing is free!" Every time I get a reward from SFI, I will ask myself the question, "Who is paying for this wonderful reward I'm receiving? Although it is a direct result of my actions, the reward was made possible by someone and therefore it is costing someone."

2. I will endeavor to firmly implant the following into my thought processes: "I do not own SFI. I am not even a shareholder (in the traditional sense), nor am I any type of legal agent of SFI. All I own is MY business which has an Affiliate Agreement with SFI. This agreement connects my business to SFI (and its various business properties) thus giving me an incredible advantage - access to the SFI business model. Thus, I can create and grow my business within SFI's framework using its free tools and systems."

3. I will be grateful SFI has empowered me to own an online business. It is unlikely I will find anywhere else this kind of opportunity to grow a significant business of my own with such a small initial investment.

4. Since I own MY business, it is up to me how I decide to utilize the tools SFI provides as long as my use of these tools does not violate SFI's requirements (standards and guidelines).

5. Free systems and tools have limits. Even if they can carry me beyond those limits, at the very best, they severely constrain the rate of progress and growth. At some point, I must invest if more rapid growth is desired. Of course, if I'm happy with what a free-to-play strategy provides, then very little investment may be necessary.

6. As I start each work day by opening my SFI Afiliate Center, I will mentally remind myself:
"My goal today is to grow MY business. The decisions I make are MINE. I will be eternally grateful to Gery for providing me free systems and tools that would otherwise cost thousands of dollars to purchase or create. Furthermore, because I understand Gery has created incredible synergy through his various properties within a Network structure, I know one of his primary goals is to help me grow my business. I know this because by helping me he will grow his own business. This is the very essence of a TRUE Network Marketing model. It is a self-evident truth, if Gery makes a change that permanently hurts my business (and all other affiliates), he will also destroy his own business. Therefore, I have a positive attitude towards his leadership."

Bottom Line: We need to engage ourselves less with collecting freebies and making wild suggestions for more freebies, and more with effectively using the free systems and tools we already have. In other words, focus on growing our businesses.

All the best!
Max

17 posts

Don't judge! in Inspiration/Testimonials

4 months ago

Marilyn,
That is so touching!
Many of us are too quick to judge. If only we would stop for a moment and just think that we do not know the circumstances before we open our mouths, maybe this would be a better world.
Thank you so much for sharing this gem of wisdom.
Max

36 posts

What do you mean by a “qualified website?” in ECA Program #ECA

5 months ago

Hi Benjamin,

I don't exactly know the answer to your questions.

However, my educated guess is that the website must be actually owned by the Affiliate, (that is, the Affiliated purchased a domain name) and must have an actual online eCommerce storefront with products, shopping cart, check out, and all the support processes and procedures to qualify.

I say that because I have faith in Gery to not leave loopholes in his new model that will allow quality standards to quickly deteriorate. With the excellent changes Gery's made, it would be folly indeed to degrade required standards to a point where quality could be compromised.

I would hope I'm right on this and maybe Gery can enlighten us.

Regards,
Max

8 posts

Rewardical question - Great new opportunity in ECA Program

5 months ago

Hi Eugene,

It's good to know that you are planning an online store using an eCommerce platform like Shopify.

It is understandable you would have some doubts and hesitations, not knowing how the platform will deal with the many details. Let me tell you, I felt the same before I took the plunge but my fears were unfounded. After carefully reading their guides and listening to their short training videos, the process is rather painless. I investigated 2 other platform but settled for Shopify because they seemed to have a simpler, more logical process. I have not been disappointed.

As for getting products to sell, Shopify provides a variety of free apps that give you immediate access to a wide variety of products. You'll be amazed by the wide variety of choices you have.

Provided you do your research on what market niche you want to pursue, the kind of products you want to offer the market and have an appropriate brand logo, then It is easy to move forward.

Good luck!

Max

14 posts

My considered opinion about recent TC/ECA changes in ECA Program #ECA #Leadership #TripleClicks

5 months ago

Thanks Maree,
I would like to thank you for your inspirational messages. It was a post you made after Gery announced there would be changes coming that inspired me to start my Shopify store. You briefly stated you were making changes in your store in anticipation of the TC/ECA changes. That was very insightful of you and I am glad that I caught the implied message. It was a bit of an "Aah" moment for me. Thank you!
Your downline are indeed lucky to have you as their sponsor.
All the best,
Max

14 posts

My considered opinion about recent TC/ECA changes in ECA Program #ECA #Leadership #TripleClicks

5 months ago

Thank you, Tanja!
I understand that many Affiliates may not be able to make the investment required to get started. However, my total investment in my Shopify store has been $45.15 USD (including, $14.70 for my brand domain registration.) Shopify has a 14-day free trial which I took advantage of and after which I opted for the Basic Plan. Yes, with Shopify the minimum billing cycle is annual.

14 posts

5 months ago

When I saw the announcement about the TripleClicks and ECA changes, I was genuinely excited. For over 3 years now I have battled with my internal conflicts and antipathy towards using TripleClicks. I never seriously promoted TripleClicks. I even paid for an ECA license but could never bring myself to promote it. The store languished due to my paralysis and I eventually had it cancelled. Although Gery and his team had a wonderful dream for TripleClicks (in its original form), I was never comfortable with its inherent lack of quality. It was clear to me TripleClicks was open to abuse by so many who accepted mediocrity over substance, it would be difficult to maintain quality standards without making drastic changes. Gery has now made those changes (they're probably not the last) and I commend him.

I am also happy because I saw the writing on the wall and 3 weeks ago I opened a store on Shopify. In anticipation of the coming changes Gery warned us about, I took a leap of faith and thought I should make myself ready. That`s when, after much thought and planning, I decided to create my very own online store with my very own brand. (I have to say that I was inspired to do this by one of our colleagues I follow and admire, Maree W. of New Zealand.) In a relatively short time, I have completed and published my store and I now look forward to offering Rewardicals to my customers through Gery`s new model as soon as I can make the store ready. As my mining friends in Australia often said, "Mate, I am over the moon!"

Just one further comment. Even with my original misgivings about TripleClicks, I have steadfastly believed in SFI and Gery's overall business model. His recent changes have only deepened my respect and support for his leadership.

Than you, Gery! The future looks bright indeed.

Max
P.S. If any of you wish to discuss my experience with Shopify, I would be happy to help in any way that I can.

28 posts

Why I log in daily in Inspiration/Testimonials #Leadership #Team Building

5 months ago

Truly inspirational, Deborah!
You display the kind of dedication and commitment that show you not only have a dream but you truly believe it is possible. That's what success is made of.
Would that we all emulated your zeal and enthusiasm!
I commend you.
All the best,
Max

12 posts

BIZ Quiz in Miscellaneous #Rewardical #TCredits

5 months ago

(Thread was removed due to forum protocol violations, toxicity, or obsolescence)

18 posts

Happy New Year 2018 in Recognition

6 months ago

Here's wishing all SFI staff and their families, Gery and his family, and affiliates and their families all over the world, the most wonderful and prosperous New Year ever for 2018!