Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

52x SUPPORT
Michael A.

United States

10 posts

Net neutrality is ending and is affectin published sites in Marketing #Marketing #Sales

8 days ago

"In the latter week, my published sites no longer instantly loads; shows in BING search engine; however is re-directed …"

That has nothing to do with net neutrality. Sounds like your hosting is the issue and you have possibly been hacked. I would contact your web host and see if they can provide some assistance.

Hope this helps.

10 posts

Help in finding affiliates :) in Marketing #Marketing #Sales

17 days ago

No. SFI is an affiliate program in its own right. In fact, recruiting affiliates from SFI into other program is expressly forbidden in the affiliate agreement:

18. Affiliate is strictly prohibited from soliciting SFI affiliates for other business opportunities. Although SFI takes no issue with affiliates being involved with other business opportunities outside of SFI, affiliates may not use any SFI resource or tool (i.e. TeamMail, TeamTalk, PSA Mailer, CSA Mailer, My Best Tips, etc.) to promote these other business opportunities or for-profit endeavors to other affiliates.

Source: www.sfimg.com/Reference/AffiliateAgreement

22 posts

I want to apologize for all to see. in Team Building #Marketing #Team Building

18 days ago

I did not read your post yesterday, but I wanted to give you kudos for owning up to what you felt was a mistake and giving credit to your upline where credit is due. It takes someone special to admit it when they've made a mistake, and even more so publicly.

As far as weeding out inactive people, I don't even try. You've been in network marketing a while, so you may have heard about this process. I just try to throw enough mud against the wall long enough for something to stick, lol. My numbers were running between 1 and 3% active PSAs before Smart Start. I'm not saying that killed it, because I also went through some "down time" with my SFI business, and that's never good. Remember, our downline is watching us, even when we think they may not be. Someone is, or will be. So, consistency is the key - one key I'm still developing.

Hope this was helpful.

Aim HIGHER, Dream BIGGER in 2018!

16 posts

Yes or No? in Miscellaneous #Localvantia #Rewardical #Team Building

18 days ago

Hi Phill,

I think it would be great to document your story here along the way! Let us know how it goes with the angel investors, how your website development takes place, and how the Localvantia / Rewardicals program looks from the inside - from the viewpoint of the merchant!

I look forward to the next update.

371 posts

New Comp Plan Improvements in SFI News #Compensation #CSA

19 days ago

For BTL, STL, GTL, and PTL, yes, the only change is the reduction from 5 PSAs to 3 PSAs.

The change for DTLs is MUCH bigger though. Before, you needed 5 PTLs. Now you only need 3. This makes becoming a DTL immensely easier.

Hi, Gery,
It seems the bar on leadership qualifications is lowered yet again, especially for DTL. The change is certainly MUCH BIGGER!

Not complaining because I'm sure this will result in a lot more hardworking team leaders to qualify easily with just 3 PSAs and corresponding VP requirement for each rank.

But I have always wondered why the VP requirement for DTL is only 1500 VP?

Another question...are you thinking of adding a highest rank of Crown Team Leader? Someone is always mentioning this rank, and I wonder whether the lowering of the bar is a step towards introducing CTL. You seem to be leaving the door open! After all, SFI's logo is: AIM HIGH, DREAM BIG!

And one last question, what happens to THE PLAN of 5 x 5?
I hope my questions don't annoy you LOL!

I wanted to try and add some clarity...

1) A lower central or personal requirement for the highest rank reachable is actually now standard in compensation plan design. This is instead of an actual retirement option which has now been abandoned by our industry for various legal reasons.

2) The prior requirement for DTL was 5 PTLs at ANY level (any generation). The new requirement is 3 PSAs who are PTLs (first generation). This is not lowering the bar. It's a LOT harder to develop 3 PTLs than it is to have 5 PTLs at ANY level.

3) 5 does allow for a growth focus beyond the 3. The idea being that we should never stop growing while active in the business. The 3 number really plays into industry statistics relating to the average number of active individuals per active sponsor. With a 12 generation plan the find 3 focus works very well through the Team Leader growth process (BTL to DTL)

Leon McKee

The Diamond Plan has always stated it was 5 PTLs on your first level, for as long as I've been involved with SFI.

news.sfimg.com/2017/03/06/introducing-opti-build/

"Q: I can’t wait to become a DTL, but what if one of my five PTLs quits or becomes inactive after all I and my upline team members have invested to get them to Platinum?
We’re making a policy change to address this. That is, your goal should absolutely be to develop five FIRST-level PTLs. However, we will allow the PTLs to be in any of your legs (minimum of one PTL in five different legs). Put another way, if there is a PTL within 12 generations, below one of your PSAs, we’ll count your PSA as a PTL as it pertains to your DTL qualifications."

Leon McKee

Thank you for confirming that I was correct. Your number two point above, as stated, us incorrect.

371 posts

New Comp Plan Improvements in SFI News #Compensation #CSA

19 days ago

For BTL, STL, GTL, and PTL, yes, the only change is the reduction from 5 PSAs to 3 PSAs.

The change for DTLs is MUCH bigger though. Before, you needed 5 PTLs. Now you only need 3. This makes becoming a DTL immensely easier.

Hi, Gery,
It seems the bar on leadership qualifications is lowered yet again, especially for DTL. The change is certainly MUCH BIGGER!

Not complaining because I'm sure this will result in a lot more hardworking team leaders to qualify easily with just 3 PSAs and corresponding VP requirement for each rank.

But I have always wondered why the VP requirement for DTL is only 1500 VP?

Another question...are you thinking of adding a highest rank of Crown Team Leader? Someone is always mentioning this rank, and I wonder whether the lowering of the bar is a step towards introducing CTL. You seem to be leaving the door open! After all, SFI's logo is: AIM HIGH, DREAM BIG!

And one last question, what happens to THE PLAN of 5 x 5?
I hope my questions don't annoy you LOL!

I wanted to try and add some clarity...

1) A lower central or personal requirement for the highest rank reachable is actually now standard in compensation plan design. This is instead of an actual retirement option which has now been abandoned by our industry for various legal reasons.

2) The prior requirement for DTL was 5 PTLs at ANY level (any generation). The new requirement is 3 PSAs who are PTLs (first generation). This is not lowering the bar. It's a LOT harder to develop 3 PTLs than it is to have 5 PTLs at ANY level.

3) 5 does allow for a growth focus beyond the 3. The idea being that we should never stop growing while active in the business. The 3 number really plays into industry statistics relating to the average number of active individuals per active sponsor. With a 12 generation plan the find 3 focus works very well through the Team Leader growth process (BTL to DTL)

Leon McKee

The Diamond Plan has always stated it was 5 PTLs on your first level, for as long as I've been involved with SFI.

19 posts

Captcha on each PTP pick. Seriously? in Eager Zebra #Eager Zebra

about 1 month ago

I play PTP every single day and have not had to do anything more than a check-box captcha on any given day. I certainly don't have to do that more than once.

I agree with the captcha, to prevent fraud, abuse, and the degradation of the entire SFI program. I applaud Gery and the IT team for taking this step!

34 posts

Inactive PSA's in Team Building #Marketing #PSA #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Collins,

There's an old saying in network marketing that goes something like this ... "It's easier to give birth than to raise the dead." The simple meaning is that it's easier to sponsor new people than to try and re-engage those who are no longer (or never were) working the business.

That being said, I think we should always maintain contact and include them on our regular mailing schedule. For me, I focus my weekly mailing that goes to my entire organization on the features and benefits of SFI, how they can earn money working from home, etc.. Almost like advertising. In this way there is a small chance that you could re-engage an old affiliate and get them back to working in the program.

Then, on a different schedule, I mail out tips, tricks, and specific guidance to my team of movers (from the Movers tab). These are my active workers, so I'm not advertising to them, but rather giving hem help to build and grow their business further. They've already shown initiative and are participating at least in some small way, so I want to help them as much as possible!

Hope this helps!

25 posts

Six Ways to Make People Like You in Team Building #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Thanks for posting... I read this book many yrs ago and it literally changed my like in a good way. Back in the late 90's thru 2008 or 9 [when I was much more active online, and at the top of my game] I was interviewed by a few high profile business websites, including SFI... and this was always the book I recommended. I've also given copies to all six of my grown kids.

Erich,

Thank you for your comment and visiting my thread! I first read the book when I was trying to build a network marketing business with the big A (I'm sure you know the one). I know you're one of the ones who have been here virtually since the beginning, and your feedback is invaluable to me. I've got both of the Greatest Entrepreneurs books with the compilation of interviews, but would love to read more about your story. Is it still here on the site? In the forums?

Thanks again for your feedback on my thread!

7 posts

Incentive in United States #Sponsor #TCredits #VersaPoints

about 1 month ago

No apologies necessary. There are no bad questions here!

25 posts

Six Ways to Make People Like You in Team Building #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Tanja,

That's it, exactly! One of the things that has stuck with me from the very first time I read Carnegie's book is that a person's name is one of the most important things to them. It's unique to them. It belongs to them. It's important to them. Never have I been more embarrassed than when calling someone by the wrong name, or misspelling someone's name in written correspondence! Remembering people's names (in person) is so important, I've learned a few tricks along the way that help.

It's definitely a journey. I don't think anyone is born with all the tools they need to build a business like this, but I do believe that anyone can learn them. :)

25 posts

about 1 month ago

Zhumagul,

I have not read that one. I will have to see if my local library has it and check it out!

25 posts

about 1 month ago

Make no mistake about it. If you're trying to build a team, then you're in the people business. And if you're not a people person, then this can present some unique challenges when it comes to dealing with people. Last week we discussed some basic techniques in dealing with others. But if you are really wanting to build a great team, you need to be like-able. Here are a few good ways that you can help people to like you.

1. Become genuinely interested in other people. "You can make more friends in two months by being interested in them, than in two years by making them interested in you." The only way to make quality, lasting friendships is to learn to be genuinely interested in them and their interests.

2. Smile. Happiness does not depend on outside circumstances, but rather on inward attitudes. Smiles are free to give and have an amazing ability to make others feel wonderful. Smile in everything that you do.

3. Remember that a person's name is, to that person, the sweetest and most important sound in any language. "The average person is more interested in their own name than in all the other names in the world put together." People love their names so much that they will often donate large amounts of money just to have a building named after themselves. We can make people feel extremely valued and important by remembering their name.

4. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves. The easiest way to become a good conversationalist is to become a good listener. To be a good listener, we must actually care about what people have to say. Many times people don't want an entertaining conversation partner; they just want someone who will listen to them.

5. Talk in terms of the other person's interest. The royal road to a person's heart is to talk about the things he or she treasures most. If we talk to people about what they are interested in, they will feel valued and value us in return.

6. Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely. The golden rule is to treat other people how we would like to be treated. We love to feel important and so does everyone else. People will talk to us for hours if we allow them to talk about themselves. If we can make people feel important in a sincere and appreciative way, then we will win all the friends we could ever dream of.

I hope this has provided some food for thought to anyone who wants to build a big team and be a great leader. Next time we'll take a look at how to win people to your way of thinking.

(Note: This material is adapted from concepts presented in Dale Carnegie's book, "How To Win Friends and Influence People." Highly recommended if you have never read it!)

22 posts

Reassign psa in Team Building #PSA #Sponsor #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Have you contacted them? It can't hurt to ask. You never know what their response will be until you try.

18 posts

Creating a banner for sales in Marketing #Marketing #Sales #TCredits

about 1 month ago

I highly recommend going through the LaunchPad series of lessons. This lesson, in particular, pertains to your question today:

Referral Aids & Methods

Hope this helps!

19 posts

Whats the best way to redeem Rewardicals? in Miscellaneous #Compensation #Rewardical #Sales

about 1 month ago

Its really up to you. Since my personal emphasis is on team building, I have mine set up to automatically exchange for. PSAs whenever I get enough.

6 posts

Learning From Experience ( SFI Team Leaders) in Team Building #Marketing #Sponsor #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Hi Horace! I wanted to say first that you're absolutely right. Developing an active team takes a lot of work, and getting (and keeping) someone's attention is key. I like how you finish up with the SFI ROS on negativity!

Thanks also for the shout out. Here's my post on dealing with others, in case anyone missed it:

www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=123078

42 posts

Why Mobile Marketing is Important? in Marketing #Marketing

about 1 month ago

Regardless of what anyone may think, the fact is tha mobile search and usage has surpassed desktop use for two years now. But don't blink. Voice search is set to pass them both in the next few years. If you're advertising, optimize and look to where the people are. After all, everyone has an opinion. ;)

16 posts

rewardable in Eager Zebra #Eager Zebra #PSA #Rewardical

about 1 month ago

Here's all the ways you can earn Rewardicals:

www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?id=230938

Hope this helps!

5 posts

Interact With Your Prospect By Asking "Tag" Questions!!! in Marketing #Marketing

about 1 month ago

Thank you for this post. I totally agree. Get the prospect in the mood by asking yes questions! Here are a few examples of questions that should get them going. What other ones can we come up with?

"Wouldn't you be interested in making more money than you do now?"

"If I could show you a way to make extra income on the side, working only a few hours a week, would you be interested?"

"Wouldn't it be nice to have the time freedom to do what you wanted to do, when you want to do it?"

I hope this helps get someone's creative juices going!

Aim HIGHER, Dream BIGGER in 2108!

6 posts

Basic Techniques in Dealing With Others in Team Building #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Below are three simple, yet very effective, concepts that can help us as we build our SFI teams. Whether we realize it or not, if you're building a team of people then you need to learn the simple methods that can help us all to be better "people" persons.

1. Don't criticize, condemn, or complain. Human nature does not like to admit fault. When people are criticized or humiliated, they rarely respond well and will often become defensive and resent their critic. To handle people well, we must never criticize, condemn or complain because it will never result in the behavior we desire.

2. Give honest and sincere appreciation. Appreciation is one of the most powerful tools in the world. People will rarely work at their maximum potential under criticism, but honest appreciation brings out their best. Appreciation, though, is not simple flattery, it must be sincere, meaningful and with love.

3. Arouse in the other person an eager want. To get what we want from another person, we must forget our own perspective and begin to see things from the point of view of others. When we can combine our desires with their wants, they become eager to work with us and we can mutually achieve our objectives.

Next time we'll take a look at ways to make people like you.

(Note: This material is adapted from concepts presented in Dale Carnegie's book, "How To Win Friends and Influence People." Highly recommended if you have never read it!)

55 posts

5 PM T Time empty collection in Miscellaneous #TCredits #TripleClicks

about 1 month ago

I started a bug report thread. I thought it might get attention faster than a support ticket. Who knows.

1 post

T-Time Product Collection Not Loading in USA in Bug Reports #TripleClicks

about 1 month ago

The current T-time collection is not loading in the US.

10 posts

Value of Internet Income Course in Miscellaneous #Getting Started

about 1 month ago

Absolutely! I've used this ad from the marketing section to advertise the course:

FREE Internet Business Course—$295 Value!
Free Internet business, training, and support. Multiple income streams. Residual and leveraged income; 95% of the work is automated. Visit www.sfi4.com/XXXXXXXX/FREE for complete details today.

Personally I think it is worth much more than that, but the ad gets the point across that there is REAL VALUE here in SFI!