Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

3x SUPPORT
Al M.

United States

2 posts

A problem with AA and Constellation prizes in Bug Reports #Astro Auctions

1 day ago

I just went to the Astro Auctions to check on how I did. There are no Constellation Prizes listed. I just want to let you know so you can correct it.

Al Martens

10 posts

Question about Affiliate Agreement? in Getting Started #Marketing #PSA

2 days ago

Hi Ronick:

My response is going to open a can of worms.

I am wondering if that rule should be eliminated.
What happens at colleges where some of the quads have 4 people living in them? The mail is delivered to xxx address and room yyy. Those 4 people all live in the same dorm room but are not related in most cases. The letter of the rule means that 3 of them can not belong to SFI. Is that any different than if I get 3 of my neighbors to sign up? And, so what if I have my wife joins(I wish I had one), or my children who are old enough? So, with this rule, they have to wait until they move out of my house? They could be starting a business while they are in school and before they go out in the world. Who knows, they may be successful and just make their career here with SFI.
I know that there is the possibility of collusion, but I could try to do the same with my neighbors just as easily as roommates can.
I think with the way things are changing with the internet that the rule should be looked at. I know there are those people who always will be around who cheat the system, and I am sure admin is doing their best to be one step ahead of them, but I do not see why we want to restrict people who could be valuable affiliates. I think that if the rule was changed, those people would be able to get valuable assistance from their roommates or household members. For one thing, the person who signed the others up would have their own PSA's already. And, they would be able to watch their PSA's to make sure they were working properly.

I hope that this will be looked at as an idea to better SFI and all of us as affiliates, and not in any way as being negative.

Al Martens

6 posts

Tracking which sources get you the most sign ups in Marketing #Marketing

4 days ago

Hi Sylvia:

Welcome to the Forum and SFI. I don't think anyone should be harsh. You are new and we were all new at some point. I agree that there really is no way of tracking our Xcards and postcards. I am not sure how it can be done, but hopefully there is someone out there who can help us.
Good luck and keep working and plugging away.

Al Martens

11 posts

My Team Mail message today in Team Building #Team Building

5 days ago

Thank you everyone who responded. You have my blessing to use any, all, or part of my message. There are also a couple of your responses that I will alter and use when I send out another team mail. Al Martens

16 posts

Points from Brain Sprint and EZ Top Players Leaderboard in Ask Gery #Contests #Eager Zebra

5 days ago

Hello Sead:

I agree with you on Brain Sprint. I also had a post 3 days ago asking for Badge Points for the Poker and Zackjack Daily and Weekly games. I think all should be addressed.

Al Martens

11 posts

My Team Mail message today in Team Building #Team Building

7 days ago

Hi everyone again:

The following message is part of what I sent to my team today. If any one wants to use it, you have my blessing. Some of what I sent was also taken from others who have posted suggestions. I just added some of my ideas.

For any of you who may be a little skeptical about SFI and think that there is too much to learn, I have a couple questions for you. First, did you go to college or a technical school to learn your profession? Or, did you and do you have "On the job training"? Have you been working for you current company and have they sent you to classes to enhance your knowledge and value to the company. If you answered yes to any of these, you have probably spent more time (and money) learning your current profession than you will if you learn the SFI system.

Yes, there is a lot to learn, but if you study and use what you have learned, you will see how you can succeed here. One big benefit is that you will not be working for a boss who does not appreciate you and the money you make for the business is money for your business, not theirs.

We all have the opportunity to do what we want in life, but not many of us have the good fortune to be able to control our destiny financially.

I hope this helps you make your decision easier whether you want to join SFI and build your own financial future or stay where you are. I do hope it is with SFI.

Al Martens

4 posts

Badge Quest points for the Poker and Zackjack Challenges in Suggestion Box

7 days ago

Hi everyone:

I am just wondering if there are ever going to be Badge quest Points added to the trim for the Poker and Zackjack Daily and Weekly Challenges.

Al Martens

16 posts

What happened with the #1177 auction (Sunday August 12th 2018) in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions

8 days ago

Hi Amila:

It probably has not filled up with enough bidders yet. I have had some that were 2 - 3 days old before they were launched. Just keep checking. You will get an email when it is ready to launch. Sometimes we just have to be patient.

Al Martens

10 posts

Can the Astro Auctions Flight Log be put in numerical order? in Suggestion Box

11 days ago

OK Thanks Tanja. I didn't think of that.

Al

10 posts

11 days ago

I went back on the last 12 auctions and this is the order they are in:
1123, 1129, 1069, 1128, 1075, 1022, 1121, 1092, 879, 1113, 1074, and 1100. I think it would be easier to go thru them if they were in descending order like they were when we started.
I know I can go to the "Lookup Auction" button, but it was nice to just scroll down.

Al Martens

10 posts

11 days ago

Can the Astro Auctions Flight Logs be put back into numerical order with the latest auctions first and going to the oldest ones last? It will save us time as we go thru the auctions to find out how we did on them. In the beginning they were set up that way, but yesterday I noticed they are just in mixed up order.

Thank you

Al Martens

17 posts

A problem purchasing T credits in Pricebenders

12 days ago

I just got an email from the moderator that it is fixed at 8:20 PM Central Time which is also SFI Time. I checked and the "Buy " sign is up and we can return to normal.

Thanks everyone. I was afraid I got Opted Out or something bad like that. Or my computer didn't like me anymore.

Al Martens

17 posts

A problem purchasing T credits in Pricebenders

12 days ago

I am trying to purchase T credits, but the system is not allowing it. I have gone to TC and clicked on T credits. When the screen comes up, everything is there except the possibility to purchase. I also went to the auction and clicked on "Buy Tcredits here". I get the same response.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Al Martens

12 posts

Higher bidding than MSP in AA. in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions #TCredits

15 days ago

Hello Phanibhusan and Aung:

Phanibhusan, I think many of the people bidding over the true value are doing so to get the badges, but they also are banking on the other items they will win. If they win a bid by being 25 over the true value, and they win matches, moves, VP's or the guaranteed RT's, they consider that part of the value of winning. The exchange rate of 3 RT's equals 1 VP and 77 RT's equals 1 Tcredit makes sense if they have a lot of Tcredits to spend. The most I have ever spent was 3 Tcredits on an auction. I realize I will not win the auction, but I come out by what I win in the other items. I have been able to keep my lead u=in the E365 chase to champion because I have been able to redeem my RT's for VP's.

Aung, I think you are incorrect. It is not the total number of Tcredits that were bid on that auction by everyone. The winning bidder did bid the amount that it shows that won the auction. The possible change will be if for example the winning bid was 250 and the second closest bid was 225, then as I understand, the winning bid would be 226 and the winner would get 24 Tcredits redeemed to them. Personally, I think if the winning bidder bid 250 that is what it should cost them. At any auction that you are at and you bid an amount and win, that is what you pay.

I hope this is helpful and if I am wrong on any of this, someone please correct me so I don't give any more false info.

Al Martens

25 posts

Quantum prize at Astro Auction in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions #Contests

17 days ago

I have a question about winning the Quantum Drawing. If you win, do you pay the same as the winning bid pays, or is it free to you? I have not found an answer in the rules.

Al Martens

7 posts

How do I market SFI product online in Getting Started #Getting Started #Marketing #Sales

18 days ago

Hi Akins:

What Romina said is one option. Another is to write a ticket to admin and explain what and why you did not use your real Facebook account. Ask them to change your account to the correct one.

Good luck with everything

Al Martens

29 posts

I Think This Will Increase Our Conversion in Suggestion Box #Getting Started #Marketing #PSA

21 days ago

Hi Gomer:

I think you are on to something there. I was showing my daughter the Gateways and her initial reaction was "It looks complicated". She knows I am not very good at maneuvering the internet and she asked me, "How do you understand how to do this?" I wonder (and I am not smart enough to figure out a good method) if there is a way to make it a little easier for new affiliates to work their way through this. If there is a way that would help the retention rate, it would be a great benefit for everyone. Not only us as Team Leaders, but also SFI Corporate, and our new Affiliates, who would be more successful and want to get more new affiliates.

I am sure Gery and admin are continually looking at ways to get a larger percentage of signups to continue with SFI. Maybe by simplifying the signup procedures and making it easier to understand, will help retain new affiliates. I think our retention rate of between 5 and 10% is too low. I know a lot depends on the Team Leader and our efforts to get people involved, but are they turned off before we get much of a chance to help them get started. If we can get the percentages up even 5%, just think what that would do for everyone.

I would like to recommend that there be a trial Gateway designed that is very simple to understand and will make it easy for new affiliates to sign up on. It could be set to last 3 - 6 months and then a decision could be made as to it's value. If it works, then it could be made permanent. If it does not work, then it can be scrapped, or better yet altered so it can be better. I come up with a lot of ideas, but I am also confident that once many heads are involved, that the initial idea will be revised and a better idea or plan will become reality.

Al Martens

36 posts

Redeeming Versa Points to go BTL in VersaPoints #Team Building #VersaPoints

23 days ago

Hi Andrea:

I think I would use however many RT's you need to redeem and get the "monkey off of your back and get that BTL. Then you don't have to worry or stress about making it or not.

Good luck and welcome to BTL life

Al Martens

24 posts

Very difficult to win t-time nowadays in Miscellaneous

23 days ago

Hi Che:

I have won twice in the last 3 days. I usually play about 12 times a day. But then in early July I went about 14 days without winning. As others have said, it may just be your lucky or unlucky hour.

Al Martens

8 posts

Astro action in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions

25 days ago

Hello ponkoj:

I had 9 of them cancelled today and there was no explanation. The only thing I can think of for cancelling them is that there were not enough people signed up for them. I think admin will have to decide what or if there is a problem with so many being cancelled.

Al Martens

18 posts

ASTRO Auctions - fine-tuning the amount of TCs for winning Prizes in Suggestion Box #Astro Auctions

25 days ago

Hi Kirsten:

I think it would just be easier if they put in a box where we could put in the number we want to receive prizes on. When you decide how many Tcredits you want to bid, you can either enter the number or use the slider bar. Personally I like the put the number in myself.

Al Martens

11 posts

I want to share this to you…. in Getting Started #Getting Started #PSA #Sponsor

28 days ago

Hello Ma Leticia Rael:

Congratulations for your PSA becoming active again. I think all of us are happy when we hear that an inactive affiliate has become active, no matter whose team they are on. Although it is a small percentage, it does let us know that our persistence does pay off.

Good luck with that PSA.

Al Martens

37 posts

ASTRO Will Not Allow Me To Play! in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions #Contests

about 1 month ago

Hello Bing:

Congratulations on winning 17 of 23 auctions you entered. But, I think that is proof that win limits need to be imposed for the fairness of all participants. I get the feeling that this is your way of proving that there needs to be limits. If that is your intention, THANK YOU from all of us.

Al Martens

18 posts

You ve reached your win limit for this auction already in Astro Auctions #Astro Auctions #Pricebenders #Rewardical

about 1 month ago

Hi Snezana:

I have not seen the message you are getting, but I agree with Ratan. It seems like one person is winning many of the auctions. I hope that win limits are imposed soon.
Good luck to all who are participating. This is really a great auction. I like it much more than the Pricebender auctions.
Once win limits are imposed I think it will be better for all of us.

Al Martens

19 posts

New PSAs funneling in Ask Gery #Getting Started #PSA

about 1 month ago

Hi Nimo:

I agree with you. If as Mary said, these are company secrets, then why are new affiliates getting the information and we as their sponsors or co-sponsors are not allowed that same information. I also want to be looked at as someone they can come to and help them. If they know more than I do about a particular item that they received and I know nothing about it, I do not think they will think I am aware and can really help them. It would be difficult for them to believe I can help them. I think we as their upline should know what they are receiving so we really can help them.

Al Martens