SFI 20th Anniversary Special: $.89 PSAs! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

32x SUPPORT
Earl W.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

9 posts

Are you challenging yourself? in Marketing #Marketing #Sales #Team Building

2 days ago

When I was playing high school football, my coach did not like the association we belonged to. The problem was that we kept winning first place every year because there was no real competition. It looked good on paper, but it did not help us become a better team. For this reason, our coach found a tougher association, and we got blown out when we played our first game. That was a wake up call for us because we never faced a challenge like that in our old association.

The rest of the season was spent trying to step up our game and by the end of the year, we made the playoffs although we lost in the first round. The following year, we lost 1 game during the season and that was to the team who beat us again in the championship game at the end of the year. So we went all season beating every team except one, and we lost to them twice and ended as the 2nd best team in the association.

A couple of years later, we graduated high school and my coach retired. The new coach moved the team to another association and scheduled several games that were easy to win. The team went undefeated during the season but kept losing during the playoffs. Why did this happen? They did not challenge themselves to become better.

The problem is that we only play as hard as the competition, so if we are not challenged, we will never improve. That is why we need to constantly challenge ourselves to work harder and achieve something we never thought possible.

How can you challenge yourself to become better here at SFI?

Take a moment to find your weakest areas and make a point to work on them. Create a goal that is hard to reach and then work hard until you reach it. Remember that if you do not challenge yourself, you may never become better. Let's take some time to create challenges so we can improve in our businesses!

30 posts

"Should I stay or should I go"? in Team Building

3 days ago

Like Randy said, only you can decide what to do for your business.

Here are 2 questions that might be able to help:

1. Can you maintain BTL each month? I know you said one month, but take some time to evaluate your situation and check out the options available for gaining the VPs needed for BTL. For example, setting up an auto delivery for 1,500 VPs will give you an additional 100 VPs that can go towards your BTL rank. You may find that maintaining BTL is much easier than it looks if you take some time to research.

2. Do you want your PSAs to become BTL? This is probably the most important question to answer. You are the leader so it would be good to lead by example. If you want your team to see that BTL is a reachable goal, you will need to make the rank and then tell them how they can do it too.

I hope you decide to go for it and work at keeping BTL for the next month too! It is definitely worth the effort if you can work out the best way for you to keep it going.

11 posts

Member signing out in Miscellaneous

10 days ago

As long as you have the email address he used for SFI, they should be able to find it.

17 posts

Please Sir Gery in VersaPoints

11 days ago

I can relate to your situation and I am glad that you have not quit yet. I know that it is frustrating when changes create temporary pitfalls, but I can testify that those temporary pitfalls can turn into something good if we are patient enough to allow the changes time to show results. I have been here since 2003 and that would not happen if I did not believe in what we are doing here at SFI.

The way I see it, the changes are like trimming a rose bush. After the blooms have run their course, you have to trim the bush so that it can grow stronger and fuller during the next season. While SFI has been blooming in this season, we have to experience trimming (Changes) so we can grow stronger and fuller in the future seasons. Please hang in there and watch how we grow!

11 posts

Finding the Lodestone! in Compensation #Compensation #Sponsor #VersaPoints

12 days ago

I think a pre-approved version would be a great idea. If we feel like we want to change it, we could send in a request and support could respond to us. Along with making it pre-approved, we could also restrict it to team leaders so whoever is approving them is not faced with thousands of favorite tips from affiliates who have not been here long enough to know what works and what doesn't.

Taking it another step further, a contest could be created for people to vote on the favorite tips. This could encourage some real thought into what we write instead of just repeating something that we have seen in the Launchpad lessons. I remember seeing lots of copy and paste stuff that was not very impressive when it was available.

26 posts

Urgent Help!! in Getting Started

15 days ago

I agree. This will need to get settled by support. Unfortunately, he will need to wait for a response but the good news is that they can always backdate and fix the issues so he does not lose momentum. My advice would be to create the ticket soon to get in line for help.

26 posts

16 days ago

There should be a "Payment Method" part of the order. It will contain a transaction ID number which is what you will need to verify that the payment has been made.

5 posts

How coachable are you? in Team Building #Leadership #Sponsor #Team Building

16 days ago

I was watching a film about the former Green Bay Packers head coach Mike Holmgren. He was also the head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, but since I am a Packers' fan, I know him from that period of his coaching career.

The film was interesting and presented some stuff I did not know before. He began as a quarterback in high school and college, but an injury kept him from making it to the next level. Although he was devastated because he could not play in the NFL, he decided to coach football and pass along the knowledge he gained from his experience. After coaching a few years with high school and college, he got the job as the Quarterbacks coach for the San Francisco 49ers.

When he arrived in San Francisco, he was nervous because Joe Montana already won a couple of Super Bowls so he was not sure about how Joe would react having an inexperienced coach. When they met, Joe told Mike that he expected Mike to coach him hard and let him know if he needed to change anything. That put Mike at ease and they formed a relationship that resulted in more championships.

Joe Montana had the option to ignore Mike Holmgren, and nobody would have questioned him because he was the Super Bowl Quarterback, but he did not have that type of attitude. One of the reasons why Joe Montana was part of the elite was because he was coachable. No matter how successful he was, he was still able to take coaching and improve his game.

When I look at the latest announcement from Gery about researching and changing the approach for new affiliates, I can see that Gery is still coachable, and that is why SFI remains at the top of the online business world. Ever since 2003 when I joined, I have seen him change with the times and admit when something was not working. He was coachable when the company needed a new approach and he listened to the online world when the trends began changing.

This is a great example for all of us. No matter how successful we may be, we can always improve so it is better to be coachable and learn instead of being stubborn and go down fighting. I am excited about the next month and 2019 as we see the changes from the research they are working on!

26 posts

16 days ago

Yes, the order was not completed. It has happened to me a few times before. He should either process it again or try another form of payment. The good news is that we have the grace period in the new month so if it is not resolved within the next 2 hours, he can still make the rank by backdating the purchase.

23 posts

Opinion Please in Team Building #Getting Started #PSA #Sponsor

16 days ago

Looks good! It is generic enough to be used in all settings and yet you are getting the point across that you are available for help. I think this is what Gery had in mind when he wrote the announcement.

32 posts

Questions are the Answers ! in Miscellaneous #Getting Started

about 1 month ago

Hello Ana!

The forum already has a great place for posting ideas, and that is the suggestion box category. We have had many changes made as a result of suggestions that came from affiliates discussing ideas and brainstorming in that category.

11 posts

Can you tell us the results of Amazon Ads in AA? in Ask Gery

about 1 month ago

Here is the explanation from Gery on another thread:

We are testing sponsorship of Astro Auction flights (Amazon Ads provided an easy way to get started testing). This advertising revenue allows us to offer even richer prizes for Astro. And it's also the first step to allowing our ECAs to sponsor flights (our ECAs have been begging us to provide a way for them to get more exposure to our base). So all of this is a very good thing.

P.S. If we have enough ECAs willing to sponsor flights, all you'll see is our ECA's offering.

Here is the link to that thread:

www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=132486

4 posts

Astro Auction in Astro Auctions

about 1 month ago

(Thread was removed due to forum protocol violations, toxicity, or obsolescence)

12 posts

Had anyone noticed??? in Eager Zebra #Contests #Eager Zebra #TripleClicks

about 1 month ago

Here is the breakdown of Daily Crown from the support page:

What is the Daily Crown drawing? How can I participate?
08/22/2015
The Daily Crown drawing awards over 35,000 Rewardicals to 285 lucky winners each day. All Rewardicals won can be instantly redeemed at Rewardical.com at the Exchange at: www.Rewardical.com/Exchange

There is no purchase necessary to play. Just one play of an Eager Zebra game each day (including any free entry game) earns you a free entry in the TripleClicks Daily Crown. Additionally, each Knock Out Trivia (KOT) game winner gets an additional free entry (maximum 5 each day) to the Daily Crown. Also, contestants who score a Zackjack (three 21s in a game), receive one bonus entry in the following day’s TripleClicks Daily Crown drawing, provided the game has been designated by the player as a Prime game (maximum 10 per day). And contestants who score a Grand (1,000 points) in Poker, receive one bonus entry in the following day’s TripleClicks Daily Crown drawing, provided the game has been designated by the player as a Prime game (maximum 10 per day). Some restrictions may apply. New TC Members who purchase a New Member Pack within their first 10 days also receive 30 free entries (one a day for 30 days) in the TripleClicks Daily Crown drawing.

For ways to attain free TCredits for free game entries, click HERE.

Winners are chosen by random. Each day’s Daily Crown drawing winners will be published on the WINNERS page HERE after midnight CT each day. All Rewardicals are automatically awarded to the Member’s Rewardical account within 24 hours. Notifications will be sent to the Member’s registered account email address. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her email account for winning notification and receipt or other communications related to this drawing.

Maximum of ONE win per day, and a maximum of TEN wins in any 30-day period.

6 posts

Key Code for direct PSA in Team Building #PSA #Sponsor #Team Building

about 1 month ago

When using the 9999 code, it is critical to make sure your affiliate ID is part of the link so you can receive proper credit. In the example that is shown, the "21505" would be your ID number for your personal use.

If you still end up with your friend being placed under another sponsor, you can contact Support and they will work with you to change it, but you will need to act fast because the longer you wait, the harder it would be to make the change.

6 posts

Key Code for direct PSA in Team Building #PSA #Sponsor #Team Building

about 1 month ago

Hello Farjana A.

This is copied from the page titled: 5 important things you should know about the Opti-Build Program

4. Assign a special keycode for friends

If you want to sponsor a friend or family member and ensure they land on your first level, use the keycode 9999 to exclude up to three sign-ups a month from Opti-Build. That is, if you add “.9999” on the back of your SFI ID number on your SFI Gateway URL, Opti-Build will not apply the reassignment algorithm, and they’ll come into SFI with you as their direct sponsor.

Example: www.sfi4.com/21505.9999/free

But don’t forget that you can do this a maximum of only three times per month!

If you would like to see the rest of that page, here is the link:

www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?catid=26444&id=230243

I hope this helps!
Earl

7 posts

November is a great month to build our teams! in Sales #Localvantia #Rewardical #Sales

about 1 month ago

Sounds like a good approach to me! I'm sure you will see results soon!

12 posts

The dreaded rule #5 is not the enemy in Miscellaneous #Getting Started #Leadership

about 1 month ago

The forum is a great place to communicate with other affiliates and ask questions that may help us become more effective as leaders of our own teams. It is also a place to clear up misunderstandings and keep us from working against ourselves. The forum is a great place for dialogue, but it is still a place that needs moderation if we want to keep it a productive place for all who spend time in here.

The need for rules and moderators to enforce the rules is critical to keep this forum a great place to visit, but there are times when our experiences may not be as pleasant as we may want them to be. Sometimes, we end up getting a comment deleted or a thread removed because of a moderator's interpretation of the rules. When this happens, it is important to keep in mind that our original intent for the words we type may not be a violation to us, but they could be seen as a violation from the outside looking in.

That is why we have moderators who look at the threads and comments to make sure the words we use convey the message we intend.

There are moments when we may not be the best judge of our own words because we have a natural bias towards our own opinions. For this reason, it would be better to take a closer look at what we typed before assuming that the moderator was out of line for deleting our comment or thread. Pay careful attention to the reason stated and don't be afraid to ask support for clarification if you don't understand the reason stated.

If we can pause long enough to look through a different lens, we could avoid some of the frustration and discouragement that may happen when we see our comments and threads get deleted.

Just to make sure we keep rule #5 in mind, I copied and pasted it below:

5. Do not post disparaging comments or allegations directed at SFI, TripleClicks, Localvantia, Rewardicals, etc. or your fellow affiliates; and under no circumstances should you name names. We expect all our forum members to be civil and respectful to each other at all times. We're all here to work and accomplish great things together. So KEEP IT POSITIVE!

7 posts

November is a great month to build our teams! in Sales #Localvantia #Rewardical #Sales

about 1 month ago

That is an excellent question! I'm not sure if somebody from Corporate can help us with this, but here is what I would do. When you find somebody interested in a product you share, have that person sign up as an affiliate under you and then share the link to the product. That should give you the credit so you can receive the Rewardicals from being the sponsor.

I don't think you are able to just share the product and get the credit since the seller is not part of TripleClicks. However, you can share the picture and then do what I mentioned above and you should be fine.

Again, if somebody from Corporate or somebody who has experience can give us a better way to handle this, I would love to hear about it!

Earl

6 posts

disappeared in Sales

about 1 month ago

If you go to your forum profile and click on the "Unapproved" tab, you should have the reason for the removal.

7 posts

about 1 month ago

November is a good month for retail because the Christmas shopping season is on the horizon. Here in the United States, we have what we call Black Friday the day after Thanksgiving when the stores offer huge discounts for those who take the time to show up before the sun rises. The Christmas shopping season is a time when the stores make up for the profit loss they may have experienced during the year. How can this help us with building our teams?

First of all, we can search the Rewardical and TripleClicks stores to see what products we can promote. I'm sure there is something for everyone so this is a great place to start. When you promote a product and it is purchased, the customer becomes part of your team so any future purchases will result in more commissions/Rewardicals for you.

Along with promoting products, you can offer the Localvantia opportunity to your favorite stores while you are shopping. Since the shopping season is going to be busy, you will need to work fast to get the store to sign up so they will be ready to offer their customers a great rewards program that can help you build a strong future for yourself too!

I hope you are able to take advantage of this great opportunity to make November the best month so far for SFI!

Let's have a great month!

22 posts

Forum likes in Miscellaneous

about 1 month ago

We already have a report button that alerts the moderators. You can click on it and explain why you did it.

16 posts

Team Leaders and Motivation in Suggestion Box #Leadership #Marketing #Team Building

about 1 month ago

If you are looking for signs that the company is doing well, you can check out the Leaders tab and see the many reports of our most successful affiliates. I know that the rank is not on there, but the VersaPoints report shows 300 of our top affiliates and #300 has over 5,000 VPs! If you want to know their rank, you can click on their name to pull up their profile and see there badges. I think this will help motivate people because they can see how hard work is paying off for so many of our affiliates.

5 posts

How is your marketing? in Marketing #Getting Started #Marketing #Team Building

about 1 month ago

I agree that other languages will be helpful. Here is a comment from an older forum post that offers a good solution:

www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=988812#post-988812

If you have a way of making a banner, you could contact your upline to see if they can help you submit it for approval.

5 posts

How is your marketing? in Marketing #Getting Started #Marketing #Team Building

about 1 month ago

I have been busy this morning working on marketing. It has been a while so I decided to change my banner ads to a new product. This time, I am advertising the Astro Auctions. I placed banner ads everywhere I have ads in order to "Freshen up" the space. Sometimes, you need to periodically change your ads in order to keep it from becoming white noise which means people no longer notice them. By changing the ad, your are catching their eyes with something new.

If you have not done so, please visit the marketing tab on your SFI home page for resources and tips so you can effectively advertise the many wonderful products here in SFI. Whether you find people who like networking, online sales, auctions, or games, we have something for everybody so be creative and use a variety of ads to get your name out there.

Let's get those ads moving!