Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

PrivacyMaxx Bulletin: Data security in the news

Posted 2 months ago

This thread is for discussion of this SFI News announcement: https://news.sfimg.com/2017/09/11/privacymaxx-bulletin-data-security-in-the-news-2/ Note: If you haven't done so already, be sure you are subscribed to news.sfimg.com (just click the "Follow" link found in the right sidebar). Once subscribed, you'll automatically receive an email each time news is posted so you'll never miss an important SFI announcement.
This thread is for discussion of this SFI News announcement:

news.sfimg.com/2017/09/11/privacymaxx-bulletin-data-security-in-the-news-2/

Note: If you haven't done so already, be sure you are subscribed to news.sfimg.com (just click the "Follow" link found in the right sidebar). Once subscribed, you'll automatically receive an email each time news is posted so you'll never miss an important SFI announcement.
Lori

United States

Posted 2 months ago

I knew I was on to something the other day! ;)
I knew I was on to something the other day! ;)
44x SUPPORT
Michael A.

United States

Liked by Jeannette G.

Posted 2 months ago More by Randy I.

I suggest thoroughly checking Privacy Maxx out. There are both pro's and con's (as with anything).
I suggest thoroughly checking Privacy Maxx out. There are both pro's and con's (as with anything).
216x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago More by Gregorio G.

If anyone has doubts about the legitimacy of Privacy Maxx, they should know that [url=https://www.bbb.org/phoenix/business-reviews/identity-theft-protection-and-prevention-services/privacymaxx-in-phoenix-az-1000034005]BBB.org[/url] shows PrivacyMaxx has received 4.34 out of 5 stars based on 4 Customer Reviws and a BBB Rating of [b][u]A+[/u][/b]. Also, there are just two noted complaints with the BBB that involved a trial membership claim and a cancellation request issue. There are no noted complaints with the BBB regarding the legitimacy of Privacy Maxx and their proprietary monitoring system. The positive rating noted on BBB.org claims the following: "[i]PrivacyMaxx saved me with their outstanding service and actions. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking to cover themselves for Identity Theft. They fixed my credit quickly after I was a victim of a Data Breach and Identity Theft. Thank you, **** *****[/i]" dated 12/16/2015. When compared to similar monitoring services, Privacy Maxx offers a much more cost effective program. Take, for example, Fair Isaac's monitoring service. At a rate of $29.95 per month, for similar monitoring, that's an expense of $359.40 per year... versus $69 through Triple Clicks. A real no-brainer. :smile:
If anyone has doubts about the legitimacy of Privacy Maxx, they should know that BBB.org shows PrivacyMaxx has received 4.34 out of 5 stars based on 4 Customer Reviws and a BBB Rating of A+. Also, there are just two noted complaints with the BBB that involved a trial membership claim and a cancellation request issue. There are no noted complaints with the BBB regarding the legitimacy of Privacy Maxx and their proprietary monitoring system.

The positive rating noted on BBB.org claims the following:
"PrivacyMaxx saved me with their outstanding service and actions. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking to cover themselves for Identity Theft. They fixed my credit quickly after I was a victim of a Data Breach and Identity Theft. Thank you, **** *****" dated 12/16/2015.

When compared to similar monitoring services, Privacy Maxx offers a much more cost effective program. Take, for example, Fair Isaac's monitoring service. At a rate of $29.95 per month, for similar monitoring, that's an expense of $359.40 per year... versus $69 through Triple Clicks. A real no-brainer.
7x SUPPORT
Gregorio G.

United States

Liked by CHUKWUKASI O.

[quote=1108798]If anyone has doubts about the legitimacy of Privacy Maxx, they should know that [url=https://www.bbb.org/phoenix/business-reviews/identity-theft-protection-and-prevention-services/privacymaxx-in-phoenix-az-1000034005]BBB.org[/url] shows PrivacyMaxx has received 4.34 out of 5 stars based on 4 Customer Reviws and a BBB Rating of [b][u]A+[/u][/b]. Also, there are just two noted complaints with the BBB that involved a trial membership claim and a cancellation request issue. There are no noted complaints with the BBB regarding the legitimacy of Privacy Maxx and their proprietary monitoring system. The positive rating noted on BBB.org claims the following: "[i]PrivacyMaxx saved me with their outstanding service and actions. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking to cover themselves for Identity Theft. They fixed my credit quickly after I was a victim of a Data Breach and Identity Theft. Thank you, **** *****[/i]" dated 12/16/2015. When compared to similar monitoring services, Privacy Maxx offers a much more cost effective program. Take, for example, Fair Isaac's monitoring service. At a rate of $29.95 per month, for similar monitoring, that's an expense of $359.40 per year... versus $69 through Triple Clicks. A real no-brainer. :smile: [/quote] Using your own link we see these words:[b] THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED[/b] [2] Positive Reviews [0] Neutral Reviews [2] Negative Reviews
Gregorio G. posted:
If anyone has doubts about the legitimacy of Privacy Maxx, they should know that BBB.org shows PrivacyMaxx has received 4.34 out of 5 stars based on 4 Customer Reviws and a BBB Rating of A+. Also, there are just two noted complaints with the BBB that involved a trial membership claim and a cancellation request issue. There are no noted complaints with the BBB regarding the legitimacy of Privacy Maxx and their proprietary monitoring system.

"PrivacyMaxx saved me with their outstanding service and actions. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking to cover themselves for Identity Theft. They fixed my credit quickly after I was a victim of a Data Breach and Identity Theft. Thank you, **** *****" dated 12/16/2015.

When compared to similar monitoring services, Privacy Maxx offers a much more cost effective program. Take, for example, Fair Isaac's monitoring service. At a rate of $29.95 per month, for similar monitoring, that's an expense of $359.40 per year... versus $69 through Triple Clicks. A real no-brainer.

Using your own link we see these words: THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED

[2] Positive Reviews
[0] Neutral Reviews
[2] Negative Reviews
216x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago More by Gregorio G.

[quote=1108806][quote=1108798]If anyone has doubts about the legitimacy of Privacy Maxx, they should know that [url=https://www.bbb.org/phoenix/business-reviews/identity-theft-protection-and-prevention-services/privacymaxx-in-phoenix-az-1000034005]BBB.org[/url] shows PrivacyMaxx has received 4.34 out of 5 stars based on 4 Customer Reviws and a BBB Rating of [b][u]A+[/u][/b]. Also, there are just two noted complaints with the BBB that involved a trial membership claim and a cancellation request issue. There are no noted complaints with the BBB regarding the legitimacy of Privacy Maxx and their proprietary monitoring system. The positive rating noted on BBB.org claims the following: "[i]PrivacyMaxx saved me with their outstanding service and actions. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking to cover themselves for Identity Theft. They fixed my credit quickly after I was a victim of a Data Breach and Identity Theft. Thank you, **** *****[/i]" dated 12/16/2015. When compared to similar monitoring services, Privacy Maxx offers a much more cost effective program. Take, for example, Fair Isaac's monitoring service. At a rate of $29.95 per month, for similar monitoring, that's an expense of $359.40 per year... versus $69 through Triple Clicks. A real no-brainer. :smile: [/quote] Using your own link we see these words:[b] THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED[/b][/quote] While this is true, Randy, there are plenty of businesses that are rated and not accredited by the BBB. The reason for lack of accreditation is that many businesses opt out of paying a fee for accreditation. Many businesses prefer to rely on their "best practices" to achieve a good rating with the BBB. Although, accreditation [i]does[/i] offer greater benefits for the business.
Randy I. posted:
Gregorio G. posted:

While this is true, Randy, there are plenty of businesses that are rated and not accredited by the BBB. The reason for lack of accreditation is that many businesses opt out of paying a fee for accreditation. Many businesses prefer to rely on their "best practices" to achieve a good rating with the BBB. Although, accreditation does offer greater benefits for the business.
7x SUPPORT
Gregorio G.

United States

Liked by Stephen D.

Posted 2 months ago More by Stephen D.

This Business Is Not BBB Accredited [b]Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.[/b] To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
This Business Is Not BBB Accredited

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.

To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
4x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Liked by Gregorio G.

[quote=1108808][quote=1108806][quote=1108798]If anyone has doubts about the legitimacy of Privacy Maxx, they should know that [url=https://www.bbb.org/phoenix/business-reviews/identity-theft-protection-and-prevention-services/privacymaxx-in-phoenix-az-1000034005]BBB.org[/url] shows PrivacyMaxx has received 4.34 out of 5 stars based on 4 Customer Reviws and a BBB Rating of [b][u]A+[/u][/b]. Also, there are just two noted complaints with the BBB that involved a trial membership claim and a cancellation request issue. There are no noted complaints with the BBB regarding the legitimacy of Privacy Maxx and their proprietary monitoring system. The positive rating noted on BBB.org claims the following: "[i]PrivacyMaxx saved me with their outstanding service and actions. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking to cover themselves for Identity Theft. They fixed my credit quickly after I was a victim of a Data Breach and Identity Theft. Thank you, **** *****[/i]" dated 12/16/2015. When compared to similar monitoring services, Privacy Maxx offers a much more cost effective program. Take, for example, Fair Isaac's monitoring service. At a rate of $29.95 per month, for similar monitoring, that's an expense of $359.40 per year... versus $69 through Triple Clicks. A real no-brainer. :smile: [/quote] Using your own link we see these words:[b] THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED[/b][/quote] While this is true, Randy, there are plenty of businesses that are rated and not accredited by the BBB. The reason for lack of accreditation is that many businesses opt out of paying a fee for accreditation. Many businesses prefer to rely on their "best practices" to achieve a good rating with the BBB. Although, accreditation [i]does[/i] offer greater benefits for the business. [/quote] Right, and I was going to add something to that effect when the post timed out on me. I don't understand the harm of giving us an extra couple minutes to edit a post! I was going to say that I am not against Privacy Maxx. I have no beef with them. However, I don't endorse something just because they appear through SFI.
Gregorio G. posted:
Randy I. posted:
Gregorio G. posted:

While this is true, Randy, there are plenty of businesses that are rated and not accredited by the BBB. The reason for lack of accreditation is that many businesses opt out of paying a fee for accreditation. Many businesses prefer to rely on their "best practices" to achieve a good rating with the BBB. Although, accreditation does offer greater benefits for the business.

Right, and I was going to add something to that effect when the post timed out on me. I don't understand the harm of giving us an extra couple minutes to edit a post! I was going to say that I am not against Privacy Maxx. I have no beef with them. However, I don't endorse something just because they appear through SFI.
216x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

[quote=1108809]This Business Is Not BBB Accredited [b]Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.[/b] To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public. [/quote] Of course no business is obligated to be accredited by the BBB! A commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints says a lot though, don't you think? How many people have you seen tout SFI because they ARE accredited?!
Stephen D. posted:
This Business Is Not BBB Accredited

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.

To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.

Of course no business is obligated to be accredited by the BBB! A commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints says a lot though, don't you think? How many people have you seen tout SFI because they ARE accredited?!
216x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago More by Stephen D.

"IMPORTANT! The new PrivacyMaxx Family Identity Theft Protection plan is only available to residents of the United States only. But ANY SFI Affiliate anywhere in the world can offer the plan to U.S. residents!" Carefully target your promotions or prominently feature the disclaimer quoted above. Stephen
"IMPORTANT! The new PrivacyMaxx Family Identity Theft Protection plan is only available to residents of the United States only. But ANY SFI Affiliate anywhere in the world can offer the plan to U.S. residents!"

Carefully target your promotions or prominently feature the disclaimer quoted above.

Stephen
4x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago

I welcome this idea, I think it is a great one, will make sure to check it out.
I welcome this idea, I think it is a great one, will make sure to check it out.
Paulette W.

Jamaica

Posted 2 months ago

Thanks for the post Lori, This security data service may be of great help baring other defects which is applicable to other devices if given a trial...
Thanks for the post Lori,
This security data service may be of great help baring other defects
which is applicable to other devices if given a trial...
SUPPORT
Ofuonyebi '.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion

| Edit settings