Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

"Mobile" Localvantia Merchants

Posted 2 months ago More by Gilbert M.

"Mobile" Localvantia Merchants I wish to find out, "push the boundaries" if you like, exactly how broadly can we spread our "Localvantia Net." So last week I submitted a "Mobile" Merchant - actually it was a coffee stand - for preregistration. There are a lot of "mobile" businesses out there now - ones that come to us rather than we going to them. So I wanted to know if these could also be a part of Localvantia. Support says they can - BUT THEY MUST HAVE A PROPER MAILING ADDRESS. Great, so I went back to my "mobile" merchant and asked them for their business card. (This is the first of 114 merchants that I have pregistered that I have had to speak to so far). The proprietor readily gave me her card. All good so far. But the card didn't have a business address on it, just her cellphone number. What should I do? Well, I sent her the following text message from my smartphone: - "Aimee, Hi! I'm Gilbert Mills. Thank you for giving me your business card this morning. Could I also ask that you give me a street address where mail could reach you? I'm putting together a database of local businesses which will provide free advertising. I want to include mobile businesses in this but even a mobile business needs a "home" base. Hence my request to you. I hope to hear from you soon." I also enclosed my address. (I thought that was only fair.) Well, I received a reply from her giving me her "home" address within a few minutes. I wish to share this with you because it may help you preregister more merchants and hence help ensure the success of Localvantia in your area. And I also wanted to let Gery know what I had done and seek his approval of the wording I had used in my text message to the merchant. I believe I was honest and I didn't give away any details about SFI or Localvantia. If Gery approves of my "text" I wish to offer it to other SFI affiliates to help them with their Localvantia preregistrations.
"Mobile" Localvantia Merchants

I wish to find out, "push the boundaries" if you like, exactly how broadly can we spread our "Localvantia Net." So last week I submitted a "Mobile" Merchant - actually it was a coffee stand - for preregistration. There are a lot of "mobile" businesses out there now - ones that come to us rather than we going to them. So I wanted to know if these could also be a part of Localvantia.

Support says they can - BUT THEY MUST HAVE A PROPER MAILING ADDRESS.

Great, so I went back to my "mobile" merchant and asked them for their business card. (This is the first of 114 merchants that I have pregistered that I have had to speak to so far). The proprietor readily gave me her card. All good so far. But the card didn't have a business address on it, just her cellphone number. What should I do?

Well, I sent her the following text message from my smartphone: -

"Aimee, Hi! I'm Gilbert Mills. Thank you for giving me your business card this morning. Could I also ask that you give me a street address where mail could reach you? I'm putting together a database of local businesses which will provide free advertising. I want to include mobile businesses in this but even a mobile business needs a "home" base. Hence my request to you. I hope to hear from you soon."

I also enclosed my address. (I thought that was only fair.)

Well, I received a reply from her giving me her "home" address within a few minutes.

I wish to share this with you because it may help you preregister more merchants and hence help ensure the success of Localvantia in your area.

And I also wanted to let Gery know what I had done and seek his approval of the wording I had used in my text message to the merchant. I believe I was honest and I didn't give away any details about SFI or Localvantia. If Gery approves of my "text" I wish to offer it to other SFI affiliates to help them with their Localvantia preregistrations.
2x SUPPORT
Gilbert M.

New Zealand

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago

All looks good to me, Gilbert. Nicely done! P.S. The Localvantia search engine is shaping up nicely. SFI affiliates, merchants, and customers are all going to LOVE Localvantia!
All looks good to me, Gilbert. Nicely done!

P.S. The Localvantia search engine is shaping up nicely. SFI affiliates, merchants, and customers are all going to LOVE Localvantia!
Gery

United States

Gery, Hi! Thank you. Yes, I think it will be huge. And I have so much to do.
Gery, Hi!

Thank you. Yes, I think it will be huge. And I have so much to do.
2x SUPPORT
Gilbert M.

New Zealand

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago

Hi, Gilbert M: Your post is awesome! If I were approached with that text my response would be to request more information and provide the addressed registered on my business license. The catcher? FREE ADVERTISING! :smile: Honestly, I don't see where your text will pose an issue as you did not specifically mention SFI of Localvantia. Your text is more of a "soft" introduction which may lead to a face-to-face follow-up should the merchant opt into hearing more about Localvantia. Here in my state of Florida, there is a movement that is growing in popularity and it involves Mobile Eateries...also known as "[i]Food Trucks[/i]". Most food truck operators are registered to a residential address as they primarily operate their businesses from their homes. If the text is approved, and we're allowed to register businesses that are registered to residential addresses...the opportunity is HUGE!!! Thanks again for sharing your idea :smile:
Hi, Gilbert M:

Your post is awesome!

If I were approached with that text my response would be to request more information and provide the addressed registered on my business license. The catcher? FREE ADVERTISING!
Honestly, I don't see where your text will pose an issue as you did not specifically mention SFI of Localvantia. Your text is more of a "soft" introduction which may lead to a face-to-face follow-up should the merchant opt into hearing more about Localvantia.

Here in my state of Florida, there is a movement that is growing in popularity and it involves Mobile Eateries...also known as "Food Trucks". Most food truck operators are registered to a residential address as they primarily operate their businesses from their homes. If the text is approved, and we're allowed to register businesses that are registered to residential addresses...the opportunity is HUGE!!! Thanks again for sharing your idea
7x SUPPORT
Gregorio G.

United States

Gregoria G, Hi! Pleased to me of assistance. We need to think "out of the box". Just "Go for it" Greg, Gery's given his approval. Kind regards and God bless.
Gregoria G, Hi!

Pleased to me of assistance. We need to think "out of the box".

Just "Go for it" Greg, Gery's given his approval.

Kind regards and God bless.
2x SUPPORT
Gilbert M.

New Zealand

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago

Thanks for the post. I was kind of wondering about that. We have alot of food trucks and things like that in my area. Very helpful. Thank You.
Thanks for the post. I was kind of wondering about that. We have alot of food trucks and things like that in my area. Very helpful. Thank You.
Ramonda R.

United States

Posted 2 months ago

Congratulations
Congratulations
Francis I.

Nigeria

Posted 2 months ago

Thanks Gery! I hope to be a part of localvantia soon
Thanks Gery! I hope to be a part of localvantia soon
Kate I.

Nigeria