Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Edit Post in forum

Posted 6 months ago

Can I edit my post after I post it to the forum or reply to a thread? If so how can I?
Can I edit my post after I post it to the forum or reply to a thread? If so how can I?
Romane T.

Jamaica

Posted 6 months ago More by SHELLEY L.

Romane: Yes, you can edit a post. After you post it, there will be an edit button at the bottom of the post, just push on this and it will come back up so that you can edit it. If you want to remove it entirely, there is also a button to do that and it will completely delete your post from the forum. In regard to replying to a thread, push the green button at the top of the forum page that says Reply to a Post and it will bring up a box that you can write your post in. Hope this helps. Shelley Leepper
Romane:
Yes, you can edit a post. After you post it, there will be an edit button at the bottom of the post, just push on this and it will come back up so that you can edit it. If you want to remove it entirely, there is also a button to do that and it will completely delete your post from the forum.

In regard to replying to a thread, push the green button at the top of the forum page that says Reply to a Post and it will bring up a box that you can write your post in.

Hope this helps.

Shelley Leepper
48x SUPPORT
SHELLEY L.

United States

Posted 6 months ago

Romane yes you can edit from the below button shown at your post.
Romane yes you can edit from the below button shown at your post.
4x SUPPORT
Sangoh T.

Malaysia

E365 Runner Up

Posted 6 months ago More by Tanja K. 1 Reply

Yes, we can edit our posts... but, we have only a few minutes to do that. After that, both EDIT and REMOVE buttons disappear.
Yes, we can edit our posts...
but, we have only a few minutes to do that.
After that, both EDIT and REMOVE buttons disappear.
106x SUPPORT
Tanja K.

Montenegro

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posts: 6,951 | Followers: 1,470 | Joined SFI: May 25, 2015

Posted 6 months ago

Of course yes. I have done it severally and it works as long as you do it immediately before the edit button disappear.
Of course yes. I have done it severally and it works as long as you do it immediately before the edit button disappear.
Samson m.

Kenya

Posted 6 months ago More by SHELLEY L. 2 Replies

[quote=1278379]Yes, we can edit our posts... but, we have only a few minutes to do that. After that, both EDIT and REMOVE buttons disappear. [/quote] Tanja: Thanks for telling me this as I did not know it. Today I went to post something and I have been having problems with my chat for quite some time now but did not want to bother support anymore since I know they are busy what with the move and everything, and all of my chat messages from everyone I have ever chatted with appeared in the post that I posted to the forum. I had to delete that, of course, pretty quick, so am glad that you mentioned that. Thanks again. Your forum guru badge is posted below your rank badge on the forum now, maybe it is just on my page or something, looks strange. I was beginning to think you were not a forum guru anymore until I saw it under your rank badge. Crazy things happen in the forum. Shelley Leepper
Tanja K. posted:

Tanja:
Thanks for telling me this as I did not know it. Today I went to post something and I have been having problems with my chat for quite some time now but did not want to bother support anymore since I know they are busy what with the move and everything, and all of my chat messages from everyone I have ever chatted with appeared in the post that I posted to the forum. I had to delete that, of course, pretty quick, so am glad that you mentioned that.

Thanks again. Your forum guru badge is posted below your rank badge on the forum now, maybe it is just on my page or something, looks strange. I was beginning to think you were not a forum guru anymore until I saw it under your rank badge.

Crazy things happen in the forum.

Shelley Leepper
48x SUPPORT
SHELLEY L.

United States

Posted 6 months ago More by Tanja K.

[quote=1278388][quote=1278379]Yes, we can edit our posts... but, we have only a few minutes to do that. After that, both EDIT and REMOVE buttons disappear. [/quote] Tanja: Thanks for telling me this as I did not know it. Today I went to post something and I have been having problems with my chat for quite some time now but did not want to bother support anymore since I know they are busy what with the move and everything, and all of my chat messages from everyone I have ever chatted with appeared in the post that I posted to the forum. I had to delete that, of course, pretty quick, so am glad that you mentioned that. Thanks again. Your forum guru badge is posted below your rank badge on the forum now, maybe it is just on my page or something, looks strange. I was beginning to think you were not a forum guru anymore until I saw it under your rank badge. Crazy things happen in the forum. Shelley Leepper[/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/xiolCyp.jpg[/img] All normal here, Shelley... But, yes that sometimes happens to me too...to see the Forumu Guru badge UNDER the rank badge... Don't know the reason for that, really...
SHELLEY L. posted:
Tanja K. posted:

Tanja:
Thanks for telling me this as I did not know it. Today I went to post something and I have been having problems with my chat for quite some time now but did not want to bother support anymore since I know they are busy what with the move and everything, and all of my chat messages from everyone I have ever chatted with appeared in the post that I posted to the forum. I had to delete that, of course, pretty quick, so am glad that you mentioned that.

Thanks again. Your forum guru badge is posted below your rank badge on the forum now, maybe it is just on my page or something, looks strange. I was beginning to think you were not a forum guru anymore until I saw it under your rank badge.

Shelley Leepper

All normal here, Shelley...

But, yes that sometimes happens to me too...to see the Forumu Guru badge
UNDER the rank badge...
Don't know the reason for that, really...
106x SUPPORT
Tanja K.

Montenegro

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posts: 6,951 | Followers: 1,470 | Joined SFI: May 25, 2015

Posted 6 months ago More by William R. I. 1 Reply

For a VERY SHORT time. Too short, in my opinion.
For a VERY SHORT time. Too short, in my opinion.
243x SUPPORT
William R. I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 6 months ago

Hi Romane! Tanja is absolutely right, and I noticed that. Greetings!
Hi Romane!
Tanja is absolutely right, and I noticed that. Greetings!
37x SUPPORT
Zoran T.

Serbia

Posted 6 months ago More by William R. I. 2 Replies

[quote=1278388][quote=1278379]Yes, we can edit our posts... but, we have only a few minutes to do that. After that, both EDIT and REMOVE buttons disappear. [/quote] Tanja: Thanks for telling me this as I did not know it. Today I went to post something and I have been having problems with my chat for quite some time now but did not want to bother support anymore since I know they are busy what with the move and everything, and all of my chat messages from everyone I have ever chatted with appeared in the post that I posted to the forum. I had to delete that, of course, pretty quick, so am glad that you mentioned that. Thanks again. Your forum guru badge is posted below your rank badge on the forum now, maybe it is just on my page or something, looks strange. I was beginning to think you were not a forum guru anymore until I saw it under your rank badge. Crazy things happen in the forum. Shelley Leepper[/quote] Tanja is uniquely talented and creative. She probably discovered a way to move her badge LOL!!!:laughing:
SHELLEY L. posted:
Tanja K. posted:

Tanja:

Shelley Leepper

Tanja is uniquely talented and creative. She probably discovered a way to move her badge LOL!!!
243x SUPPORT
William R. I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 6 months ago More by SHELLEY L.

[quote=1278410][quote=1278388][quote=1278379]Yes, we can edit our posts... but, we have only a few minutes to do that. After that, both EDIT and REMOVE buttons disappear. [/quote] Tanja: Thanks for telling me this as I did not know it. Today I went to post something and I have been having problems with my chat for quite some time now but did not want to bother support anymore since I know they are busy what with the move and everything, and all of my chat messages from everyone I have ever chatted with appeared in the post that I posted to the forum. I had to delete that, of course, pretty quick, so am glad that you mentioned that. Thanks again. Your forum guru badge is posted below your rank badge on the forum now, maybe it is just on my page or something, looks strange. I was beginning to think you were not a forum guru anymore until I saw it under your rank badge. Crazy things happen in the forum. Shelley Leepper[/quote] Tanja is uniquely talented and creative. She probably discovered a way to move her badge LOL!!!:laughing:[/quote] Randy: Do you think Tanja is like Elizabeth Montgomery on the old Bewitched series and she twitches her nose and things move? lol Shelley Leepper
William R. I. posted:
SHELLEY L. posted:
Tanja K. posted:

Tanja:

Shelley Leepper

Tanja is uniquely talented and creative. She probably discovered a way to move her badge LOL!!!

Randy:
Do you think Tanja is like Elizabeth Montgomery on the old Bewitched series and she twitches her nose and things move? lol

Shelley Leepper
48x SUPPORT
SHELLEY L.

United States

Posted 6 months ago 1 Reply

You have five minutes to review your post, make edits or delete. We've tried to find a happy medium. Anything longer than that and people can already be replying, quoting your post, etc....so it needs to be kept relatively short. You can always quote your original post and clarify, etc. if needed after the five minutes.
You have five minutes to review your post, make edits or delete. We've tried to find a happy medium. Anything longer than that and people can already be replying, quoting your post, etc....so it needs to be kept relatively short. You can always quote your original post and clarify, etc. if needed after the five minutes.
Gery

United States

| Edit settings