Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

KOT Myth Buster

Posted 5 days ago More by Randy I.

KOT Myth Buster Some of our friends think there is a bias towards the USA in the KOT game. Allow me to share some ongoing statistics. I developed categories as the following: (A) Neutral (B) USA based question answered successfully by people of other Countries (C) USA based Question knockig out all people from other Countries. (D) Questions based on non-USA Countries (E) Questions that had nothing to do with the USA Questions to this point: 105 (A) - 74% (B) - 6.7% (C) - 0.0% (D) - 19% (E) - 93.3% So, as a USA citizen, there is a 93.3% chance that I will NOT get a question that favors me, and so far a 0% chance of getting a question that only USA citizens have answered correctly. There is a 19% chance I will get a question about a non-USA Country, more than 3 times the questions I will see that are USA based. The bias myth is just that, a myth! Questions so far have been mostly neutral, but also leaned towards England, Italy, France, Australia, the Balklands, Philippines, Turkey, Israel, Japan, Africa, Korea, Egypt, India, Germany, and Russia.
KOT Myth Buster

Some of our friends think there is a bias towards the USA in the KOT game. Allow me to share some ongoing statistics.

I developed categories as the following:
(A) Neutral
(B) USA based question answered successfully by people of other Countries
(C) USA based Question knockig out all people from other Countries.
(D) Questions based on non-USA Countries
(E) Questions that had nothing to do with the USA

Questions to this point: 105
(A) - 74%
(B) - 6.7%
(C) - 0.0%
(D) - 19%
(E) - 93.3%

So, as a USA citizen, there is a 93.3% chance that I will NOT get a question that favors me, and so far a 0% chance of getting a question that only USA citizens have answered correctly. There is a 19% chance I will get a question about a non-USA Country, more than 3 times the questions I will see that are USA based.

The bias myth is just that, a myth! Questions so far have been mostly neutral, but also leaned towards England, Italy, France, Australia, the Balklands, Philippines, Turkey, Israel, Japan, Africa, Korea, Egypt, India, Germany, and Russia.
225x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 5 days ago 1 Reply

Hi Randy ! Thanks for the survey ! Now I'm ready to win the KOT as I am not US citizen ! Ha-ha! Just kidding my friend! I know you're right! I played let's say , about 400 times so far, and I won 140 times, I was Runner up most probably 200 times, and I was knocked out before the last round maybe 50-60 times... And I repeat : I'm not an American as far as I know... Thanks for sharing ! Best regards ! [img]https://i.imgur.com/NYkpvGn.jpg[/img]
Hi Randy !

Thanks for the survey ! Now I'm ready to win the KOT as I am not US citizen ! Ha-ha!

Just kidding my friend! I know you're right! I played let's say , about 400 times so far, and I won 140 times, I was Runner up most probably 200 times, and I was knocked out before the last round maybe 50-60 times... And I repeat : I'm not an American as far as I know...

Thanks for sharing !

Best regards !
210x SUPPORT
Sead Š.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

E365 Champion

Posted 5 days ago More by Randy I.

[quote=1286765]Hi Randy ! Thanks for the survey ! Now I'm ready to win the KOT as I am not US citizen ! Ha-ha! Just kidding my friend! I know you're right! I played let's say , about 400 times so far, and I won 140 times, I was Runner up most probably 200 times, and I was knocked out before the last round maybe 50-60 times... And I repeat : I'm not an American as far as I know... Thanks for sharing ! Best regards ! [img]https://i.imgur.com/NYkpvGn.jpg[/img][/quote] Congratulations! That is my main message here! You can be from anywhere in the world and win. It would be correct to say that it is almost a must that you speak or read some English at least.
Sead Š. posted:
Hi Randy !

Thanks for the survey ! Now I'm ready to win the KOT as I am not US citizen ! Ha-ha!

Just kidding my friend! I know you're right! I played let's say , about 400 times so far, and I won 140 times, I was Runner up most probably 200 times, and I was knocked out before the last round maybe 50-60 times... And I repeat : I'm not an American as far as I know...

Thanks for sharing !

Best regards !

Congratulations! That is my main message here! You can be from anywhere in the world and win. It would be correct to say that it is almost a must that you speak or read some English at least.
225x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 5 days ago

Thanks Randy, Nice breakdown. I agree that the real bias, if any, is due to the fact that the questions are in English, with all the little subtleties that entails. I can see how one whose first language isn't English would have more difficulty with KOT than I do. I play multiple times everyday and the truth is, I think my success has nothing to do with my language and more to do with the fact that I've spent more of my life reading than I have on Facebook. I always look forward to your posts. I either laugh my butt off or sit here shaking my head saying "Go Randy" everytime I read one. Keep up the great work. Rich Richardson
Thanks Randy,

Nice breakdown. I agree that the real bias, if any, is due to the fact that the questions are in English, with all the little subtleties that entails. I can see how one whose first language isn't English would have more difficulty with KOT than I do. I play multiple times everyday and the truth is, I think my success has nothing to do with my language and more to do with the fact that I've spent more of my life reading than I have on Facebook.

I always look forward to your posts. I either laugh my butt off or sit here shaking my head saying "Go Randy" everytime I read one.

Keep up the great work.
Rich Richardson
3x SUPPORT
Richard R.

United States

Posted 5 days ago

The KOT requires knowledge of geography, history,culture,medical,plants,biodiversity etc .....means holistic view of the world.So nobody can master it! if somebody stuck in some questions , it is better to escape those by using TCredit! So no bias at all! I have won many times with free play and without spending any Tcredit.I think I belong to this world:sunglasses:
The KOT requires knowledge of geography, history,culture,medical,plants,biodiversity etc .....means holistic view of the world.So nobody can master it! if somebody stuck in some questions , it is better to escape those by using TCredit!
So no bias at all! I have won many times with free play and without spending any Tcredit.I think I belong to this world
2x SUPPORT
ashok m.

India

Posted 5 days ago

Dear Randy I , Dera All , Statistics is an incredible branch of science . Everything can be , looking at statistics . What I know is that for me everything is 100% , whether good or bad when it happens. The game is always good, and the result is another story. Thank you for your time and experience. Have a nice day !
Dear Randy I ,
Dera All ,
Statistics is an incredible branch of science .
Everything can be , looking at statistics .
What I know is that for me everything is 100% , whether good or bad when it happens.
The game is always good, and the result is another story.
Thank you for your time and experience.
Have a nice day !
184x SUPPORT
Zoran V.

Serbia

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 5 days ago

Hi Randy, Thank you for the survey. The questions are based on different regions, otherwise neutral. Rarely I feel the questions are easy, and the time limit is very less.
Hi Randy,
Thank you for the survey. The questions are based on different regions, otherwise neutral. Rarely I feel the questions are easy, and the time limit is very less.
SUPPORT
Ambili T.

India

Posted 5 days ago 1 Reply

And leaned toward Harry Potter, lol. Someone there really love Harry Potter.
22x SUPPORT
Marija B.

Serbia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 5 days ago More by Randy I. 1 Reply

[quote=1287037]And leaned toward Harry Potter, lol. Someone there really love Harry Potter.[/quote] It used to be worse! Harry Potter and Twilight series use to be terrible amount, LOL. I agree with you, Marija!
Marija B. posted:

It used to be worse! Harry Potter and Twilight series use to be terrible amount, LOL. I agree with you, Marija!
225x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 5 days ago

[quote=1287058][quote=1287037]And leaned toward Harry Potter, lol. Someone there really love Harry Potter.[/quote] It used to be worse! Harry Potter and Twilight series use to be terrible amount, LOL. I agree with you, Marija![/quote] LOL Those usually sent me "home" immediately! Thanks, Randy! I know many people from here that DO NOT speak English but, they were able to win the KOT.
Randy I. posted:
Marija B. posted:

It used to be worse! Harry Potter and Twilight series use to be terrible amount, LOL. I agree with you, Marija!

LOL
Those usually sent me "home" immediately!

Thanks, Randy!
I know many people from here that DO NOT speak English but, they were
able to win the KOT.

77x SUPPORT
Tanja K.

Montenegro

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posts: 5,534 | Followers: 1,178 | Joined SFI: May 25, 2015

| Edit settings