Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Time to take a good look

must-read post

Posted 9 months ago More by Kay B.

I was looking at some profile photos in growth and a2a. And I was shocked at what I was seeing. With so many sign-ups never even posting a profile photo, there were also many who posted non-professional profile photos. Yes, we have the great freedom to wear what we want when we do the computer part of this business, but our public part should be very professional. Remember, our prospects know nothing about SFI. It is what they think about you that determines if they will sign-up. Let's look at some of those photos. Yes, casual is nice at times, but it may convey that you are too relaxed. T-shirts with other advertising or messages are not wise choices. What message do you want to send out to prospects. Spouses and babies or pets send messages to specific groups of people, but can signal that you have pre-occupations. Ones with spouses can be particularly confusing because you can not tell who is the sponsor just by looking. Selfies are rarely good professional photos. The angles are wrong, the background often cluttered, and the lighting all wrong. Watch where the shadows fall. Especially for those with darker skin, it is important to find the right placement of the light to the face so facial features will show, How about the eyes? Where are they looking? They should be open and looking at the camera. The eyes are the gateway to the soul, so they say. People like a direct look, otherwise they think you are hiding something. Your facial expression does much. There are some photos with scowls that can be frightening. Lighten up smile so wide it reaches your eyes. Look like you are pleasant to be around. If you zoom in and have your face extend to the edges it looks like you are coming out of the photo, getting in my face. Back off. But not so much that you show your whole body, your face is too small then. Show some of your body in your photo. Not a lot, but shoulders. It helps position your face in the area provided. Show your current identity, your current age. We had a recent Forum thread started by someone who looked fresh out of school. The posts answered to a young person. It was revealed that the poster was decades older. Our answers for her question would have been different. If we want an honest relationship with our downline, we must honestly reveal our self. You will have opportunities to show off our family and pets later. But the profile pic for your business should reflect your capability and seriousness you give to the business and your affiliates. Your media profiles can be more relaxed.
I was looking at some profile photos in growth and a2a. And I was shocked at what I was seeing.

With so many sign-ups never even posting a profile photo, there were also many who posted non-professional profile photos.

Yes, we have the great freedom to wear what we want when we do the computer part of this business, but our public part should be very professional. Remember, our prospects know nothing about SFI. It is what they think about you that determines if they will sign-up.

Let's look at some of those photos. Yes, casual is nice at times, but it may convey that you are too relaxed. T-shirts with other advertising or messages are not wise choices. What message do you want to send out to prospects.

Spouses and babies or pets send messages to specific groups of people, but can signal that you have pre-occupations. Ones with spouses can be particularly confusing because you can not tell who is the sponsor just by looking.

Selfies are rarely good professional photos. The angles are wrong, the background often cluttered, and the lighting all wrong. Watch where the shadows fall. Especially for those with darker skin, it is important to find the right placement of the light to the face so facial features will show,

How about the eyes? Where are they looking? They should be open and looking at the camera. The eyes are the gateway to the soul, so they say. People like a direct look, otherwise they think you are hiding something.

Your facial expression does much. There are some photos with scowls that can be frightening. Lighten up smile so wide it reaches your eyes. Look like you are pleasant to be around. If you zoom in and have your face extend to the edges it looks like you are coming out of the photo, getting in my face. Back off.

But not so much that you show your whole body, your face is too small then. Show some of your body in your photo. Not a lot, but shoulders. It helps position your face in the area provided.

Show your current identity, your current age. We had a recent Forum thread started by someone who looked fresh out of school. The posts answered to a young person. It was revealed that the poster was decades older. Our answers for her question would have been different. If we want an honest relationship with our downline, we must honestly reveal our self.

You will have opportunities to show off our family and pets later. But the profile pic for your business should reflect your capability and seriousness you give to the business and your affiliates. Your media profiles can be more relaxed.
33x SUPPORT
Kay B.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 months ago

Image really does matter, it is the first impression that can either [b]gain attention or be ignored[/b] ...
Image really does matter, it is the first impression that can either gain attention or be ignored ...
7x SUPPORT
Jan G.

United States

Posted 9 months ago

Hello Kay, you are right - we cannot do this business without a professional look. Even when we are sitting in front of our computer. Once we are logged in to our SFI homepage, we should act like a business man or a business woman. If we parctise this every day it becomes the normal situation. It's our image we sell. Best regards Friedrich Fritz
Hello Kay,
you are right - we cannot do this business without a professional look.
Even when we are sitting in front of our computer. Once we are
logged in to our SFI homepage, we should act like a business man or
a business woman.

If we parctise this every day it becomes the normal situation.
It's our image we sell.

Best regards
Friedrich Fritz
9x SUPPORT
Friedrich F.

Germany

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 months ago

Hi Kay. Thank you for sharing your observations. I agree with you. That many people don't seem to realize how important it is to make a first good impression when it comes to their Business. I am really turned off by those who think their Babies, Pets,Birds etc will make us trust them to buy from them etc. And the ones who chose to wear a mask, use other images, but not of them selves. I hope this will be a "Wake Up Call" to many. I wish you continued Success in 2018. Monika T
Hi Kay.

Thank you for sharing your observations.

I agree with you.
That many people don't seem to realize how
important it is to make a first good impression
when it comes to their Business.

I am really turned off by those who think their
Babies, Pets,Birds etc will make us trust them
to buy from them etc.

And the ones who chose to wear a mask,
use other images, but not of them selves.

I hope this will be a "Wake Up Call" to many.

I wish you continued Success in 2018.

Monika T
16x SUPPORT
Monika T.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 9 months ago

You are really a great observant Ms. Kay! I too noticed all that you have mentioned. Including this. [b] There are some photos with scowls that can be frightening.[/b] You made me laugh on that, because sometimes, i saw a scary facial expressions here at the Forum! Lol With all due respect to them, and on the other side, i too understand, that maybe they have no other available photos yet. Best regards! Ria
You are really a great observant Ms. Kay!
I too noticed all that you have mentioned.
Including this. There are some photos with scowls that can be frightening.
You made me laugh on that, because sometimes, i saw a scary facial expressions here at the Forum! Lol
With all due respect to them, and on the other side, i too understand, that maybe they have no other available photos yet.

Best regards!

Ria
19x SUPPORT
Marilyn C.

Philippines

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #17

Posted 9 months ago

Hello Kay! Yes, it's true. Our photo is the first, sometimes and solely what our co-worker see. Our photo much speak about us. There, our photo must be business, simple and kind.
Hello Kay!
Yes, it's true. Our photo is the first, sometimes and solely what our co-worker see.
Our photo much speak about us.
There, our photo must be business, simple and kind.
SUPPORT
Zvezdana Z.

Croatia

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 9 months ago

Thank you for this training , it will be useful for me
Thank you for this training , it will be useful for me
Marlene Taboho A.

Cote D'ivoire

Posted 9 months ago

Kay this is a great post. Having a good profile picture of yourself can say a thousand words about you. Making sure the picture is clear and bright is important because you are branding yourself. Goofy photos should be a no-no. To me that shows the person is not serious about working and will probably not be around much. The photo that I use is the one that makes me happy and shows that I am happy. I am not dressed like a slob. Not looking serious. Showing that I enjoy life. And I'm enjoying life because I work from home on my own hours. Looking at some of the profile photos people are way to serious. Smiling doesn't hurt! A semi-casual look is alright. But people do not have to dress in business suits for men or women.
Kay this is a great post.
Having a good profile picture of yourself can say a thousand words about you.

Making sure the picture is clear and bright is important because you are branding yourself.
Goofy photos should be a no-no. To me that shows the person is not serious about working and will probably not be around much.

The photo that I use is the one that makes me happy and shows that I am happy. I am not dressed like a slob. Not looking serious. Showing that I enjoy life. And I'm enjoying life because I work from home on my own hours.

Looking at some of the profile photos people are way to serious. Smiling doesn't hurt! A semi-casual look is alright. But people do not have to dress in business suits for men or women.

Leslie R.

Canada

E365 Runner Up

Posted 9 months ago 1 Reply

Thank you, you have brought to mind a very important point. We are professional business people and that is what we should portray ourselves as. I have sent a message to my team and requested them to re-check their photo and see if they think it portrays the business image they want.
Thank you, you have brought to mind a very important point. We are professional business people and that is what we should portray ourselves as. I have sent a message to my team and requested them to re-check their photo and see if they think it portrays the business image they want.
8x SUPPORT
Norman T.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 months ago

Thank you for sharing. Your observations are well taken.
Thank you for sharing. Your observations are well taken.
17x SUPPORT
Gladys K.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 months ago

Hi Kay, I too have noticed all the photos that are very casual not business like at all. We should show the business side of us for our profile photo and not our playful side. It's not too late for all of those with our playful side showing to go back take another photo to show our business side and change the photo. We want our affiliates to know that we are Business Owners. Greaat post, best wishes for more sucess in 2018.
Hi Kay,

I too have noticed all the photos that are very casual not business like
at all. We should show the business side of us for our profile
photo and not our playful side. It's not too late for all of those
with our playful side showing to go back take another photo
to show our business side and change the photo. We want our affiliates
to know that we are Business Owners.

Greaat post, best wishes for more sucess in 2018.
17x SUPPORT
Hartense S.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 months ago

Really Kay what you posted is truly perfect. Theese Words reflect me too. Thanks for reminding.
Really Kay what you posted is truly perfect. Theese Words reflect me too. Thanks for reminding.
2x SUPPORT
yogesh d.

India

E365 Runner Up

| Edit settings