Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Icebreaker Scheduled Chat

Posted 6 months ago More by Robert T.

Hello everyone- I am sure this is a really common thing that happens but it really irks me as well. In the icebreakers the new PSA has options and I had a new one schedule a chat for noon today on a Saturday. Then I get SFI reminders about being a good sponsor it is my duty to be there if I cannot make it to let that person know. Well to date it is past noon I went an hour either way like I would not have been online anyway but this is a two way street. That affiliate scheduled this chat and should have been here as well if she knew she was not she could have sent a message or click maybe later. This to me is the equivalent of scheduling a job interview and not show up. How am I supposed to take them seriously in a business if they cannot keep their appointments? Nice effective tools as many say but need to be used correctly not click on something to make it go off the screen and not reading it as you go. Robert
Hello everyone-

I am sure this is a really common thing that happens but it really irks me as well.

In the icebreakers the new PSA has options and I had a new one schedule a chat for noon today on a Saturday. Then I get SFI reminders about being a good sponsor it is my duty to be there if I cannot make it to let that person know. Well to date it is past noon I went an hour either way like I would not have been online anyway but this is a two way street. That affiliate scheduled this chat and should have been here as well if she knew she was not she could have sent a message or click maybe later. This to me is the equivalent of scheduling a job interview and not show up. How am I supposed to take them seriously in a business if they cannot keep their appointments?

Nice effective tools as many say but need to be used correctly not click on something to make it go off the screen and not reading it as you go.

Robert
5x SUPPORT
Robert T.

United States

Posted 6 months ago 1 Reply

Robert, I can understand your being upset. But! before you bring judgement on that person, send them a pleasant email saying you are sorry the two of you did not make contact and you are just concerned about her status. Remember sweet words catch many more flies than the bitter ever will. Good luck in bringing around a very productive affiliate team member. You have a great day!
Robert, I can understand your being upset. But! before you bring judgement on that person, send them a pleasant email saying you are sorry the two of you did not make contact and you are just concerned about her status. Remember sweet words catch many more flies than the bitter ever will. Good luck in bringing around a very productive affiliate team member. You have a great day!
3x SUPPORT
Agnes C.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 6 months ago

I have had 2 scheduled chat sessions and the affiliates have been a no show. Yes it is frustrating.
I have had 2 scheduled chat sessions and the affiliates have been a no show. Yes it is frustrating.
Kathy E.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 6 months ago

Hi Robert! Maybe she couldn't make it at noon, and will show up later. Try to send her an e-mail and encourage her to communicate .. However, as you said, it really happens! Stay awesome ! Best regards !
Hi Robert!

Maybe she couldn't make it at noon, and will show up later. Try to send her an e-mail and encourage her to communicate ..

However, as you said, it really happens! Stay awesome !

Best regards !
276x SUPPORT
Sead Š.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

E365 Champion

Posted 6 months ago

Hi Robert! My advice, be persistent and maybe communication will start. All the best!
Hi Robert!
My advice, be persistent and maybe communication will start. All the best!
37x SUPPORT
Zoran T.

Serbia

Posted 6 months ago

I've experienced the same thing. I did what was suggested by another post, I sent an email stating I was sorry we couldn't connect and offered a couple of different times to get together. One I was able to connect with eventually, but the others never responded to my email. Most of the time people ask me to communicate via email, which if there is a difference in time zones, is probably the best way. I have also experienced people responding to the IceBreaker more than once. Has any one else had that happen?
I've experienced the same thing. I did what was suggested by another post, I sent an email stating I was sorry we couldn't connect and offered a couple of different times to get together. One I was able to connect with eventually, but the others never responded to my email.

Most of the time people ask me to communicate via email, which if there is a difference in time zones, is probably the best way.

I have also experienced people responding to the IceBreaker more than once. Has any one else had that happen?
2x SUPPORT
Karen S.

Canada

Posted 6 months ago

Robert: I have had the same thing happen to me and it is really frustrating when you work your schedule around this one person's chat time that they set up and then they do not show up at all. In fact, they never logged on again and even though I tried to get in touch with him, he never responded back to my emails or ecards, so am not sure what happened at all. I would just go ahead and take it as it is, someone who thinks they want something, but then does not do what they need to do in order to reach their goals, etc. and who is not going to probably end up doing what he needs to do to stay in SFI and become a leader. I have asked many affiliates to set up appointments through chat, etc., but have never had one beyond the one who made the appointment himself and then never did show up. I think that setting up these appointments are a wonderful thing because then you have set the time aside to actually chat with the person and are not busy at the time that they wish to chat. Most of the time when I get someone online who wants to chat, I am busy doing so many other times that it is kind of frustrating to give up what you are doing to chat, but I go ahead and do it anyway and do it willingly, because you really need to be available for them when they need you. Some will do and some won't as they say here in the forum and dream big, aim high. Take care, Robert. Shelley Leepper
Robert:
I have had the same thing happen to me and it is really frustrating when you work your schedule around this one person's chat time that they set up and then they do not show up at all. In fact, they never logged on again and even though I tried to get in touch with him, he never responded back to my emails or ecards, so am not sure what happened at all.

I would just go ahead and take it as it is, someone who thinks they want something, but then does not do what they need to do in order to reach their goals, etc. and who is not going to probably end up doing what he needs to do to stay in SFI and become a leader.

I have asked many affiliates to set up appointments through chat, etc., but have never had one beyond the one who made the appointment himself and then never did show up. I think that setting up these appointments are a wonderful thing because then you have set the time aside to actually chat with the person and are not busy at the time that they wish to chat. Most of the time when I get someone online who wants to chat, I am busy doing so many other times that it is kind of frustrating to give up what you are doing to chat, but I go ahead and do it anyway and do it willingly, because you really need to be available for them when they need you.

Some will do and some won't as they say here in the forum and dream big, aim high. Take care, Robert.

Shelley Leepper
48x SUPPORT
SHELLEY L.

United States

Posted 6 months ago

Hi Robert: I have had the same thing happen to me. I then emailed them and apologized for not getting together. The two times it has occurred I did receive emails back. One has dropped out, but I still send him emails. The other apologized and said he had problems and has since been a little active. I have also had people schedule chats at 2:00 AM and 3:00 AM my time and in both cases I emailed them and asked if the time could be changed. I did not hear from either of them. Like so many before me had experienced, you get the good with the bad. It is disappointing when you know that they could succeed, but do not have the will power to even start. If somebody would decide to become an EA and then decide this is not what they want, I can understand that, but so very many quit before they even start. Keep your chin up and good luck. Al
Hi Robert:

I have had the same thing happen to me. I then emailed them and apologized for not getting together. The two times it has occurred I did receive emails back. One has dropped out, but I still send him emails. The other apologized and said he had problems and has since been a little active. I have also had people schedule chats at 2:00 AM and 3:00 AM my time and in both cases I emailed them and asked if the time could be changed. I did not hear from either of them.
Like so many before me had experienced, you get the good with the bad. It is disappointing when you know that they could succeed, but do not have the will power to even start. If somebody would decide to become an EA and then decide this is not what they want, I can understand that, but so very many quit before they even start.
Keep your chin up and good luck.

Al
2x SUPPORT
Al M.

United States

Posted 6 months ago

[quote=1288508]Robert, I can understand your being upset. But! before you bring judgement on that person, send them a pleasant email saying you are sorry the two of you did not make contact and you are just concerned about her status. Remember sweet words catch many more flies than the bitter ever will. Good luck in bringing around a very productive affiliate team member. You have a great day![/quote] Good answer, Agnes. Soft words will usually cause a reconsideration and in Most cases will have more effect on the recipient.
Agnes C. posted:

Good answer, Agnes. Soft words will usually cause a reconsideration and in Most cases will have more effect on the recipient.
SUPPORT
William H.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 6 months ago

Very good information you provided.Thanks
Very good information you provided.Thanks
santosh a.

India

Liked by Lilia G. Zlatko D.

Posted 6 months ago

Sometimes I get chat notification from new PSA's , but they never come back to follow up. Any tips/ideas from forum gurus to newbies on ways how to improve communication skills using chat option? Chat might be a new way of communication for some? What is best way to respond to the first chat notification? Thanks Gerda
Sometimes I get chat notification from new PSA's , but they never come back to follow up.
Any tips/ideas from forum gurus to newbies on ways how to improve communication skills using chat option?
Chat might be a new way of communication for some?
What is best way to respond to the first chat notification?
Thanks
Gerda

Gerda N.

South Africa

Posted 6 months ago 1 Reply

Hello Robert If the Affiliate is maybe in different time zone, then here is what I use, https://www.timeanddate.com/ , and I have booked marked it, First square is world clock, and in little box put Country of affiliate, or city if they have put their city also,, always use this to find out time for team members on team. Steven Smith STL Nanaimo BC Canada
Hello Robert
If the Affiliate is maybe in different time zone, then here is what I use,
www.timeanddate.com/ , and I have booked marked it, First square is world clock, and in little box put Country of affiliate, or city if they have put their city also,, always use this to find out time for team members on team.

Steven Smith
STL
Nanaimo BC Canada
2x SUPPORT
Steven S.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

| Edit settings