Grab up to 13,000 free, business-boosting CSAs when you advance your rank this month! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Forum post and Etiquette- What we have forgotten

Posted 6 months ago, edited 6 months ago More by Robert T.

Hello everyone in SFI Land- I have laid low over my forum post and replies. Part of it was a compounded computer issue which is now fixed. The other part is the lack of courtesy and in responses to individuals post. The forum is intended for everyone to use, to learn and pick up pointers. So when a person comes here and post they may not be up to speed and commenting on an outdated topic. Could be new and trying to catch up or just plain lost. So what are these post met with sarcasm. Or can you not read we covered this topic everyday for the last week. Or we get a hateful reply from someone set in their ways accusing them of begging. All three are in poor taste and as an old saying if you don't have anything nice to say then rephrased from my mouth to yours don't say anything at all! Some need to look to the later and keep . Instead the first post I look at is is on Double auctions yes we used to have them the topic went from a question to a suggestion to down right hateful. It is called bullying and anymore it is not just for kids, I have gone through it before on here and many people will not come to a forum for having such a bad experience. Then someone makes a post about something else and get told in replies they are cross posting but I see remarks were people do this in daily life which they get away with. It too is cross posting! The comments are sarcastic and sometimes rude as well. Bad thing is these people doing this are high ranking in the forums. So I I stated in my previous reply don't argue with them. They make a comment log it or copy it submit a ticket to support. If this is done enough instead of one person doing it a pattern develops and it forces a change. Good or bad. Attitudes have to change or the people quit coming in fear of the hateful replies they get. Then no one wins. My piece for the day! Robert
Hello everyone in SFI Land-

I have laid low over my forum post and replies. Part of it was a compounded computer issue which is now fixed. The other part is the lack of courtesy and in responses to individuals post.

The forum is intended for everyone to use, to learn and pick up pointers. So when a person comes here and post they may not be up to speed and commenting on an outdated topic. Could be new and trying to catch up or just plain lost. So what are these post met with sarcasm. Or can you not read we covered this topic everyday for the last week. Or we get a hateful reply from someone set in their ways accusing them of begging.

All three are in poor taste and as an old saying if you don't have anything nice to say then rephrased from my mouth to yours don't say anything at all! Some need to look to the later and keep .

Instead the first post I look at is is on Double auctions yes we used to have them the topic went from a question to a suggestion to down right hateful. It is called bullying and anymore it is not just for kids, I have gone through it before on here and many people will not come to a forum for having such a bad experience.

Then someone makes a post about something else and get told in replies they are cross posting but I see remarks were people do this in daily life which they get away with. It too is cross posting! The comments are sarcastic and sometimes rude as well.

Bad thing is these people doing this are high ranking in the forums. So I I stated in my previous reply don't argue with them. They make a comment log it or copy it submit a ticket to support. If this is done enough instead of one person doing it a pattern develops and it forces a change. Good or bad. Attitudes have to change or the people quit coming in fear of the hateful replies they get. Then no one wins.

My piece for the day!

Robert
6x SUPPORT
Robert T.

United States

Posted 6 months ago

Thank You Robert, I Hope They Will Admit That And Restructure Their Replies And Comments To Suite The Posts Need Or Better Still Reserve Their Commentsh
Thank You Robert, I Hope They Will Admit That And Restructure Their Replies And Comments To Suite The Posts Need Or Better Still Reserve Their Commentsh
Kenneth N.

Nigeria

Posted 6 months ago More by Robert T.

Thank you for the comment! It has to start somewhere and as a group it sounds better than one person leading a charge. We are all adults here there should be no need for forum police but sadly to say it is not so. Maybe some god stern warnings will change some thinking or at least count to three and ask themselves how does this sound on the other end of a conversation. Robert
Thank you for the comment!

It has to start somewhere and as a group it sounds better than one person leading a charge. We are all adults here there should be no need for forum police but sadly to say it is not so. Maybe some god stern warnings will change some thinking or at least count to three and ask themselves how does this sound on the other end of a conversation.

Robert
6x SUPPORT
Robert T.

United States

Posted 6 months ago

Very well said Robert, Thank you.
Very well said Robert, Thank you.
2x SUPPORT
Gerald and Darla P.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 6 months ago, edited 6 months ago 1 Reply

Hi Robert: I wholeheartedly agree with you. I have had 2 affiliates who told me they would never go on the Forum again because of the mean remarks they received from other affiliates on the Forum. I have emailed and e-carded them trying to get them to understand that some people just are not nice, and that is by far the minority of people on the Forum. The people who are probably the most guilty probably will not see themselves doing this. I hope that everyone will think, how would I take this if I were receiving this, before they post something negative. Think back to when you were a new affiliate. Were all of your posts as knowledgeable and intelligent as the ones you are posting now? Also, when a new affiliate posts something that has been on before, why not kindly tell them where to find the information. I am sure many have heard the same question a lot, but to the person asking it, it may be something that they are having a problem understanding. They do not know that it may have been asked many times before. I doubt if any of us had all the answers when we started here. To all of us, our time is important to us and when you do not know where to look to find an answer it is very frustrating. So, if they can ask here and find out where to look, it saves them time and frustration. I see many answers, Ask your sponsors. Maybe you are their sponsor and they are afraid to contact you because these are the answers you give them. Some people may not have good sponsors that they can get info from. So, where do they look? I hope the people who are not the kindest or most helpful will look in the mirror and realize that they may be causing that person to shy away from SFI. Al Martens
Hi Robert:

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I have had 2 affiliates who told me they would never go on the Forum again because of the mean remarks they received from other affiliates on the Forum.

I have emailed and e-carded them trying to get them to understand that some people just are not nice, and that is by far the minority of people on the Forum.

The people who are probably the most guilty probably will not see themselves doing this. I hope that everyone will think, how would I take this if I were receiving this, before they post something negative.

Think back to when you were a new affiliate. Were all of your posts as knowledgeable and intelligent as the ones you are posting now? Also, when a new affiliate posts something that has been on before, why not kindly tell them where to find the information.

I am sure many have heard the same question a lot, but to the person asking it, it may be something that they are having a problem understanding. They do not know that it may have been asked many times before. I doubt if any of us had all the answers when we started here.

To all of us, our time is important to us and when you do not know where to look to find an answer it is very frustrating. So, if they can ask here and find out where to look, it saves them time and frustration. I see many answers, Ask your sponsors. Maybe you are their sponsor and they are afraid to contact you because these are the answers you give them.

Some people may not have good sponsors that they can get info from. So, where do they look?

I hope the people who are not the kindest or most helpful will look in the mirror and realize that they may be causing that person to shy away from SFI.

Al Martens
4x SUPPORT
Al M.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 6 months ago More by William R. I. 1 Reply

There are Moderators to take care of anything unacceptable. A sanitized forum is just as bad as an unmoderated forum. I've been here almost 5 years and really it's not as bad as you portray. Sure, every now and then it get's a little passionate. It may get a little "blunt" or sarcastic. Maybe your family is perfect, but in my family, once in a while, it gets REAL. You are posting something YOU think is needed, and I'm sure some will agree with you. That's fine. Some will disagree, and that is fine too. Bottom line is that if a forum rule is not broken, there should not be an issue. Nobody should take comments personally unless it is personal. There is a big difference in challenging ideas and attacking people directly.
There are Moderators to take care of anything unacceptable. A sanitized forum is just as bad as an unmoderated forum. I've been here almost 5 years and really it's not as bad as you portray.

Sure, every now and then it get's a little passionate. It may get a little "blunt" or sarcastic. Maybe your family is perfect, but in my family, once in a while, it gets REAL.

You are posting something YOU think is needed, and I'm sure some will agree with you. That's fine. Some will disagree, and that is fine too.

Bottom line is that if a forum rule is not broken, there should not be an issue. Nobody should take comments personally unless it is personal. There is a big difference in challenging ideas and attacking people directly.
246x SUPPORT
William R. I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

[quote=1364381]Hi Robert: I wholeheartedly agree with you. I have had 2 affiliates who told me they would never go on the Forum again because of the mean remarks they received from other affiliates on the Forum. I have emailed and ecarded them trying to get them to understand that some people just are not nice, and that is by far the minority of people on the Forum. The people who are probably the most guilty probably will not see themselves doing this. I hope that everyone will think, how would I take this if I were receiving this, before they post something negative. Think back to when you were a new affiliate. Were all of your posts as knowledgeable and intelligent as the ones you are posting now? Also, when a new affiliate posts something that has been on before, why not kindly tell them where to find the information. I am sure many have heard the same question a lot, but to the person asking it, it may be something that they are having a problem understanding. They do not know that it may have been asked many times before. I doubt if any of us had all the answers when we started here. To all of us, our time is important to us and when you do not know where to look to find an answer it is very frustrating. So, if they can ask here and find out where to look, it saves them time and frustration. I see many answers, Ask your sponsors. Maybe you are their sponsor and they are afraid to contact you because these are the answers you give them. Some people may not have good sponsors that they can get info from. So, where do they look? I hope the people who are not the kindest or most helpful will look in the mirror and realize that they may be causing that person to shy away from SFI. Al Martens[/quote] Hello Al- Urge them to come back I have to beg and plead for mine to use it they don't want to get ripped for asking a dumb question when in fact the only dumb question is one not asked. If they find an attitude unacceptable report it. Click the flag button here or submit a ticket. If they don't know how it is another great opportunity. That in itself is an experience until you get used to it. Good Luck Robert
Al M. posted:
Hi Robert:

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I have had 2 affiliates who told me they would never go on the Forum again because of the mean remarks they received from other affiliates on the Forum. I have emailed and ecarded them trying to get them to understand that some people just are not nice, and that is by far the minority of people on the Forum. The people who are probably the most guilty probably will not see themselves doing this. I hope that everyone will think, how would I take this if I were receiving this, before they post something negative.
Think back to when you were a new affiliate. Were all of your posts as knowledgeable and intelligent as the ones you are posting now? Also, when a new affiliate posts something that has been on before, why not kindly tell them where to find the information.
I am sure many have heard the same question a lot, but to the person asking it, it may be something that they are having a problem understanding. They do not know that it may have been asked many times before. I doubt if any of us had all the answers when we started here.
To all of us, our time is important to us and when you do not know where to look to find an answer it is very frustrating. So, if they can ask here and find out where to look, it saves them time and frustration. I see many answers, Ask your sponsors. Maybe you are their sponsor and they are afraid to contact you because these are the answers you give them.
Some people may not have good sponsors that they can get info from. So, where do they look?
I hope the people who are not the kindest or most helpful will look in the mirror and realize that they may be causing that person to shy away from SFI.

Al Martens

Hello Al-

Urge them to come back I have to beg and plead for mine to use it they don't want to get ripped for asking a dumb question when in fact the only dumb question is one not asked. If they find an attitude unacceptable report it. Click the flag button here or submit a ticket. If they don't know how it is another great opportunity. That in itself is an experience until you get used to it.

Good Luck
Robert
6x SUPPORT
Robert T.

United States

Posted 6 months ago

Hi, Robert! You are absolutely right, we should not forget the first day we came here, and seek for help. Some are very kind to share their knowledge. And some are sarcastic, even if we have an option to just shut our mouth. New or old Affiliates should be welcome to ask for help here, because not all Affiliates are manage to log in everyday. There are many reasons why, they are not updated. I'm sure, not only financial problem, internet, time, etc are the reasons. Some have another business to take care of. That's why, instead of answering them with criticism, why not think twice or trice or just turn around and look for other things to do that make sense. We are all started from step 1, with zero knowledge with this business. But because of the help of people around here, we had learned from them, and it's our turn to pass this knowledge too newbies, with politeness and explain with patient. No matter, how high we had reached, we should keep our feet on the ground. Be a good example for others! One of my personal moto... "It's not you will be remembered, but what you did! " ' wish you all the best, Robert! And welcome back here, in the Forum! [b]Ria[/b]
Hi, Robert!

You are absolutely right, we should not forget the first day we came here, and seek for help.

Some are very kind to share their knowledge. And some are sarcastic, even if we have an option to just shut our mouth.

New or old Affiliates should be welcome to ask for help here, because not all Affiliates are manage to log in everyday. There are many reasons why, they are not updated.

I'm sure, not only financial problem, internet, time, etc are the reasons. Some have another business to take care of.

That's why, instead of answering them with criticism, why not think twice or trice or just turn around and look for other things to do that make sense.

We are all started from step 1, with zero knowledge with this business. But because of the help of people around here, we had learned from them, and it's our turn to pass this knowledge too newbies, with politeness and explain with patient.

No matter, how high we had reached, we should keep our feet on the ground.
Be a good example for others!

One of my personal moto...
"It's not you will be remembered, but what you did! "

' wish you all the best, Robert!
And welcome back here, in the Forum!

Ria
19x SUPPORT
Marilyn C.

Philippines

E365 Champion

[quote=1364383]There are Moderators to take care of anything unacceptable. A sanitized forum is just as bad as an unmoderated forum. I've been here almost 5 years and really it's not as bad as you portray. Sure, every now and then it get's a little passionate. It may get a little "blunt" or sarcastic. Maybe your family is perfect, but in my family, once in a while, it gets REAL. You are posting something YOU think is needed, and I'm sure some will agree with you. That's fine. Some will disagree, and that is fine too. Bottom line is that if a forum rule is not broken, there should not be an issue. Nobody should take comments personally unless it is personal. There is a big difference in challenging ideas and attacking people directly.[/quote] Hello Randy- Quite frankly Randy I find your remark to having a perfect family unacceptable and an example of some of the attitude on here and I did not even finish reading your post. Now I go back and read it when you say that type of remark why don't you beat them over the head with a frying pan or baseball bat as well. It is the appearance of an attitude we all bleed the same color and have the same feelings. Some are a little courser than others I guess I will be watching and waiting now as I very rarely see forum mods. in here. Robert
William R. I. posted:
There are Moderators to take care of anything unacceptable. A sanitized forum is just as bad as an unmoderated forum. I've been here almost 5 years and really it's not as bad as you portray.

Sure, every now and then it get's a little passionate. It may get a little "blunt" or sarcastic. Maybe your family is perfect, but in my family, once in a while, it gets REAL.

You are posting something YOU think is needed, and I'm sure some will agree with you. That's fine. Some will disagree, and that is fine too.

Bottom line is that if a forum rule is not broken, there should not be an issue. Nobody should take comments personally unless it is personal. There is a big difference in challenging ideas and attacking people directly.

Hello Randy-
Quite frankly Randy I find your remark to having a perfect family unacceptable and an example of some of the attitude on here and I did not even finish reading your post. Now I go back and read it when you say that type of remark why don't you beat them over the head with a frying pan or baseball bat as well. It is the appearance of an attitude we all bleed the same color and have the same feelings. Some are a little courser than others I guess I will be watching and waiting now as I very rarely see forum mods. in here.

Robert
6x SUPPORT
Robert T.

United States

Posted 6 months ago

Hi Robert, l thing you brought forward a very interesting Topic, I do hope this can make changes to more encouraging Topics espacialy for Affiliates who are trying to better their situation so Thanks and all the best to you and all of us. M. Brooks.
Hi Robert, l thing you brought forward a very interesting Topic, I do hope this can make changes to more encouraging Topics espacialy for Affiliates who are trying to better their situation so Thanks and all the best to you and all of us.
M. Brooks.
Madelline B.

Guadeloupe

E365 Champion

Posted 6 months ago

There was already a months before similar posting about people who do not feel comfortable on Forum. I'm sorry you feel that way or others ... I was sick 2-3 days and didn't read Forum, so I am not updated if it was something inappropriate lately. I really cannot say I've seen something particular rude from the time I was here. There were some discussions but moderators took their part and such postings were removed. And we have the right if we see some Forum rules were broken to report the post. I always appreciate different opinions on the Forum as they bring a constructive exchange of opinions. And for myself, I try to be polite to everyone and to give complete answers - not just to cut off people shortly. Every person can be responsible only for his own manner while dealing with other people. I really do not see the big issue .. but I appreciate how do you feel and your opinion. Regards :blush: [img]https://i.imgur.com/1SHB4WV.png[/img]
There was already a months before similar posting about people who do not feel comfortable on Forum.
I'm sorry you feel that way or others ... I was sick 2-3 days and didn't read Forum, so I am not updated if it was something inappropriate lately. I really cannot say I've seen something particular rude from the time I was here. There were some discussions but moderators took their part and such postings were removed.

And we have the right if we see some Forum rules were broken to report the post.
I always appreciate different opinions on the Forum as they bring a constructive exchange of opinions. And for myself, I try to be polite to everyone and to give complete answers - not just to cut off people shortly. Every person can be responsible only for his own manner while dealing with other people.
I really do not see the big issue .. but I appreciate how do you feel and your opinion. Regards

Tatjana G.

Croatia

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 6 months ago More by Phill R. 1 Reply

I know I get frustrated at seeing the same question over and over again and often think if you did what SFI suggests you do, you wouldn't need to ask. Things like their first post ever being "How do I make money with SFI" etc. Rather than tell them I have tended to ignore the question and leave it to someone with far more patience than me. If it is a repeat question that I have already answered for others I noticed that I was not putting everything I could into the answer as I did the first time I answered. To get around this shortfall in me I have recently started referring the questioner to my original (and generally my best) answer to the question asked. From my point of view I think this is a better way to do things for me, I don't have to repeat myself and the questioner gets my best version of the answer.
I know I get frustrated at seeing the same question over and over again and often think if you did what SFI suggests you do, you wouldn't need to ask. Things like their first post ever being "How do I make money with SFI" etc. Rather than tell them I have tended to ignore the question and leave it to someone with far more patience than me.

If it is a repeat question that I have already answered for others I noticed that I was not putting everything I could into the answer as I did the first time I answered. To get around this shortfall in me I have recently started referring the questioner to my original (and generally my best) answer to the question asked.

From my point of view I think this is a better way to do things for me, I don't have to repeat myself and the questioner gets my best version of the answer.
4x SUPPORT
Phill R.

United Kingdom

E365 Champion

| Edit settings