Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Wrong Correct Answer in KOT

Posted 6 months ago, edited 6 months ago

I know that there are Wrong Correct Answers in KOT. Below is one such example: [b]What is the opening that spews out lava called?[/b] I answered [b]“Crater”[/b] and got it wrong. It said the correct answer was [b]“Volcano”[/b] which is wrong. Please see image below: [img]https://i.imgur.com/9G9aeGe.png[/img] Here is the definition of [b][url=https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/american_english/crater]crater[/url][/b] [i](noun[/i]) from the[b] Oxford Advanced American Dictionary[/b]: [b]“a large hole in the top of a volcano.”[/b] Cross Section Image of a Volcano: [img]https://i.imgur.com/m80Syx5.png[/img]
I know that there are Wrong Correct Answers in KOT.
Below is one such example: What is the opening that spews out lava called?
I answered “Crater” and got it wrong. It said the correct answer was “Volcano” which is wrong.
Please see image below:

Here is the definition of crater (noun) from the Oxford Advanced American Dictionary: “a large hole in the top of a volcano.”

Cross Section Image of a Volcano:

25x SUPPORT
Aung B.

Myanmar

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 6 months ago

Hello Aung, Whenever there are answers, regarding to our opion, are different then the correct answer EZ games shows, we need to send a message to Support. This is specially for KOT game, Gold Streak and Brain Sprint. SFI will check this and whenever make the correction of the answers if need so.
Hello Aung,

Whenever there are answers, regarding to our opion, are different then the correct answer EZ games shows, we need to send a message to Support.
This is specially for KOT game, Gold Streak and Brain Sprint.

SFI will check this and whenever make the correction of the answers if need so.
344x SUPPORT
Johan V.

Turkey

E365 Country Champion

Posted 6 months ago

Hi Mr. Aung Here is Google search and Volcano is the correct answer! "A volcano is a hole in Earth's surface through which magma (called lava when it reaches Earth's surface), hot gases, ash, and rock fragments escape from deep inside the planet. The word volcano also is used to describe the cone of erupted material (lava and ash) that builds up around the opening. Hope this helps All the Best Zhumagul A.
Hi Mr. Aung

Here is Google search and Volcano is the correct answer!
"A volcano is a hole in Earth's surface through which magma (called lava when it reaches Earth's surface), hot gases, ash, and rock fragments escape from deep inside the planet. The word volcano also is used to describe the cone of erupted material (lava and ash) that builds up around the opening.

Hope this helps
All the Best
Zhumagul A.
33x SUPPORT
Zhumagul A.

United States

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #3

Posted 6 months ago More by Yusuf O. 2 Replies

Hello Aung, I think this is not strange anymore. Wrong/ correct answers have been coming up in Brain Sprint, KOT and Gold Streak and it seems to be endless. SFI Corporate has observed that what may be right somewhere could be wrong elsewhere because there are different sources of information nowadays on the internet. What matters more to me personally is knowing the truth and holding on to it. Best wishes!
Hello Aung,

I think this is not strange anymore. Wrong/ correct answers have been coming up in Brain Sprint, KOT and Gold Streak and it seems to be endless.

SFI Corporate has observed that what may be right somewhere could be wrong elsewhere because there are different sources of information nowadays on the internet.

What matters more to me personally is knowing the truth and holding on to it.

Best wishes!
6x SUPPORT
Yusuf O.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion

Posted 6 months ago

I would agree that the answer is volcano, my logic would tell me that a crater can refer to any hole / indentation on the earths surface or elsewhere, it's not only found in volcano's therefore doesn't necessarily erupt with lava. A volcano is however, almost always associated with lava. Once againit depends on the perception and interpretation of the individual.
I would agree that the answer is volcano, my logic would tell me that a crater can refer to any hole / indentation on the earths surface or elsewhere, it's not only found in volcano's therefore doesn't necessarily erupt with lava. A volcano is however, almost always associated with lava. Once againit depends on the perception and interpretation of the individual.
Ayesha E.

South Africa

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 6 months ago 1 Reply

Please bear in mind that it is still a game. Yes there are many answers that we consider must be wrong. But it's nothing else in daily life. How many times have we been right but yet been disappointed? The real question is how to deal with such disappointments. Do we complain how unfair life is or do we shake it off, raise our heads and continue to pursue our goals, no matter what? Take wrong answers in the games, as well as every disappointment in life, as just another opportunity to practice, learn and grow. I wish you many correct answers, though, in Eager Zebra and in your life!
Please bear in mind that it is still a game.

Yes there are many answers that we consider must be wrong. But it's nothing else in daily life. How many times have we been right but yet been disappointed?

The real question is how to deal with such disappointments. Do we complain how unfair life is or do we shake it off, raise our heads and continue to pursue our goals, no matter what?

Take wrong answers in the games, as well as every disappointment in life, as just another opportunity to practice, learn and grow.

I wish you many correct answers, though, in Eager Zebra and in your life!
2x SUPPORT
Frank R.

Switzerland

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 6 months ago

Hello Aung, A crater, apart from being the opening of a Volcano, is also a very large hole in the ground, which has been caused by something hitting it or by an explosion. Synonyms include hollow, hole, depression. So, the answer being given as volcano, is technically right. I hope this helps.
Hello Aung,
A crater, apart from being the opening of a Volcano, is also a very large hole in the ground, which has been caused by something hitting it or by an explosion. Synonyms include hollow, hole, depression.
So, the answer being given as volcano, is technically right.
I hope this helps.
Udochi A.

Nigeria

Posted 6 months ago More by William R. I. 1 Reply

A good example of a bad question. It is a volcano that spews lava. The crater is at the top, or opening of the volcano. I can see where I would have chosen "Crater" as the correct answer because of the word "OPENING" in the question. The question is worded badly. You should submit a ticket to support to have it removed.
A good example of a bad question. It is a volcano that spews lava. The crater is at the top, or opening of the volcano. I can see where I would have chosen "Crater" as the correct answer because of the word "OPENING" in the question.

The question is worded badly. You should submit a ticket to support to have it removed.
246x SUPPORT
William R. I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #16

Posted 6 months ago More by William R. I.

[quote=1410484]Hello Aung, I think this is not strange anymore. Wrong/ correct answers have been coming up in Brain Sprint, KOT and Gold Streak and it seems to be endless. SFI Corporate has observed that what may be right somewhere could be wrong elsewhere because there are different sources of information nowadays on the internet. What matters more to me personally is knowing the truth and holding on to it. Best wishes![/quote] There are NO wrong answers in Gold Streak because it is survey-based and not fact-based.
Yusuf O. posted:
Hello Aung,

I think this is not strange anymore. Wrong/ correct answers have been coming up in Brain Sprint, KOT and Gold Streak and it seems to be endless.

SFI Corporate has observed that what may be right somewhere could be wrong elsewhere because there are different sources of information nowadays on the internet.

What matters more to me personally is knowing the truth and holding on to it.

Best wishes!

There are NO wrong answers in Gold Streak because it is survey-based and not fact-based.
246x SUPPORT
William R. I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #16

Posted 6 months ago

Mr. Aung, Thank you for your shared forum post which is an additional information. I may say that i have also experienced disappointments in some of Eager Zebra Games' questions, and answers but it must not be taken personally, and seriously. Others' opinions matter most. Let us just enjoy, and have fun to ease stress in SFI business :smile: My best wishes for you in next games. :pray:
Mr. Aung,
Thank you for your shared forum post which is an additional information.

I may say that i have also experienced disappointments in some of Eager Zebra Games' questions, and answers but it must not be taken personally, and seriously. Others' opinions matter most. Let us just enjoy, and have fun to ease stress in SFI business

My best wishes for you in next games.
12x SUPPORT
Elsie S.

Saudi Arabia

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 6 months ago

This has happened to me several times. Only once in KOT. But it has three times in Brain Games. I informed support about it. People are not perfect it's how they deal with their errors. They corrected the problem and on one of the Brain Games, they gave me credit because the question was number 12 and I would have lost all the points.
This has happened to me several times. Only once in KOT. But it has three times in Brain Games. I informed support about it. People are not perfect it's how they deal with their errors. They corrected the problem and on one of the Brain Games, they gave me credit because the question was number 12 and I would have lost all the points.
SUPPORT
Stephen S.

Brazil

Posted 6 months ago More by Delmage T. 1 Reply

In relation to volcanoes, aren't those craters the result of a dead, extinct volcano? There is a very large crater in Arizona, called the Meteor Crater. It was caused by a huge meteor striking the Earth. To my knowledge, it has never spewed any lava, ash, etc., but still resembles the craters of some dead volcanoes.
In relation to volcanoes, aren't those craters the result of a dead, extinct volcano? There is a very large crater in Arizona, called the Meteor Crater. It was caused by a huge meteor striking the Earth. To my knowledge, it has never spewed any lava, ash, etc., but still resembles the craters of some dead volcanoes.
11x SUPPORT
Delmage T.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

| Edit settings