Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

How to approach local merchants to opt-in for Localvantia?

Posted 5 months ago

As we have already seen, Localvantia is a great programe but slow progress of finally approved Localvantia Merchants is a hindrance for millions of affiliates and PRMs in Zing Network to buy products and services directly in their own currency locally and get thousands of Rewardicals to qualify as EA every month without spending any extra money. Ideally we would love to see hundreds of thousands of Localvantia Merchants on Zing Network. My question here is what should be our approach as an affiliate or as a Team Leader so that more and more local merchants are pre-registered and finally registered and approved? Your inputs will be highly valued and will go a long way to get more and more local merchants get on board and become Localvantia Merchants. Thanks in advance.
As we have already seen, Localvantia is a great programe but slow progress of finally approved Localvantia Merchants is a hindrance for millions of affiliates and PRMs in Zing Network to buy products and services directly in their own currency locally and get thousands of Rewardicals to qualify as EA every month without spending any extra money. Ideally we would love to see hundreds of thousands of Localvantia Merchants on Zing Network.

My question here is what should be our approach as an affiliate or as a Team Leader so that more and more local merchants are pre-registered and finally registered and approved?

Your inputs will be highly valued and will go a long way to get more and more local merchants get on board and become Localvantia Merchants. Thanks in advance.
42x SUPPORT
Gyanendra P.

India

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #13

Posted 5 months ago

On the letters we are referred to local merchants as: Localvantia Savings and Rewards Local Account Manager So I guess that's how we gotta approach to our pre-registered local merchants. For more information please see here: LOCAVANTIA TRAINING: How to approach prospective Localvantia merchants https://www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?id=232158&referrer=search Hope this helps All the Best Zhumagul A.
On the letters we are referred to local merchants as:
Localvantia
Savings and Rewards
Local Account Manager

So I guess that's how we gotta approach to our pre-registered local merchants.
For more information please see here:
LOCAVANTIA TRAINING: How to approach prospective Localvantia merchants
www.sfimg.com/Support/Solution?id=232158&referrer=search

Hope this helps
All the Best
Zhumagul A.
33x SUPPORT
Zhumagul A.

United States

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #2

Posted 5 months ago

Hello Gyanendra, l don't have the experience of dealing with Localvantia Merchants right now. Have you spoken to your sponsor regarding this manner. Im sure a man with your experience having been a E365 runner-up, can find someone that can help more than l can right now.
Hello Gyanendra, l don't have the experience of dealing with Localvantia Merchants right now. Have you spoken to your sponsor regarding this manner. Im sure a man with your experience having been a E365 runner-up, can find someone that can help more than l can right now.
5x SUPPORT
Stephen B.

United States

E365 Champion

Liked by Phayom P.

Posted 5 months ago

My understanding is that we take a store front photo of any merchant in your area or a short distance (driving distance for a quick purchase), get their proper address (get a street number so they can be located on Google map, and then pre-register the merchant. SFI then contacts the merchant to assess their interest and if it is a go, then the merchant is approved and we start with our end of the deal with a letter, visit, etc. whatever is required. You can pre-register any and every merchant in your area that someone else hasn't already pre-registered.
My understanding is that we take a store front photo of any merchant in your area or a short distance (driving distance for a quick purchase), get their proper address (get a street number so they can be located on Google map, and then pre-register the merchant. SFI then contacts the merchant to assess their interest and if it is a go, then the merchant is approved and we start with our end of the deal with a letter, visit, etc. whatever is required.

You can pre-register any and every merchant in your area that someone else hasn't already pre-registered.
118x SUPPORT
Jessie M.

Canada

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #16

Posted 5 months ago

Hi Gyanendra, Let me contribute from my personal experience. Don't approach any prospective Localvantia because the response will be out rightly, NO. Unless of course you are very known by the owner or you are a regular customer. You can not take the picture of the front store without their consent. And if you ask them to take the picture, the answer would be NO! So, my own approach/method is, whenever you want to visit the store, before you get down from your car, sit back in you car and take picture of several angles of the store front from your car. No one can approach you of doing that. Besides they might not even be aware you are taking the picture of the store front. They don't need to know. After all, it is for their own good. Then, choose the best picture according to terms of Pre-registering Localvantia with the correct address of the store to give you the exact Coordinates to use to pre-register the store. After done pre-registering, wait for SFI response to know whether it is approved or not. But am very sure, if the address and Coordinates of the store is correct with good picture, then it will be approved. If not, do the necessary correction as to why it is not approved. You can then print out your letter with the brochure if you get one, sign it and deliver the letter and Localvantia brochure by YOURSELF. This time, they will not have choice than to be curious to know what is in the letter. Be sure to follow it up and assist all the way to get them on board. Hope this help. Best regards. Olufunmilola
Hi Gyanendra,

Let me contribute from my personal experience.

Don't approach any prospective Localvantia because the response will be out rightly, NO. Unless of course you are very known by the owner or you are a regular customer.

You can not take the picture of the front store without their consent. And if you ask them to take the picture, the answer would be NO!

So, my own approach/method is, whenever you want to visit the store, before you get down from your car, sit back in you car and take picture of several angles of the store front from your car. No one can approach you of doing that. Besides they might not even be aware you are taking the picture of the store front.
They don't need to know. After all, it is for their own good.

Then, choose the best picture according to terms of Pre-registering Localvantia with the correct address of the store to give you the exact Coordinates to use to pre-register the store.

After done pre-registering, wait for SFI response to know whether it is approved or not. But am very sure, if the address and Coordinates of the store is correct with good picture, then it will be approved. If not, do the necessary correction as to why it is not approved.

You can then print out your letter with the brochure if you get one, sign it and deliver the letter and Localvantia brochure by YOURSELF. This time, they will not have choice than to be curious to know what is in the letter.

Be sure to follow it up and assist all the way to get them on board.

Hope this help.

Best regards.

Olufunmilola
11x SUPPORT
Olufunmilola O.

Nigeria

E365 Runner Up

Posted 5 months ago

My 2 Cents. This is a question I have aswell, As Affiliates with many years of experience I would assume that you have done the training which is vital and you are also aware of the procedure... I think that in the technological world we live in now the human aspect of our business is needed now more than ever. i.e I think the best way to approach a local business would be to implement our natural human element to engage and connect with real people on a real level. Yes I imagine meeting the right person to talk to would be a challenge and thats good because it keeps us on edge and constantly developing and implementing new ideas and strategies but arranging to meet with a store manager for example and informing them of the opportunities that awaits them might just be a good way for that person to recommend you to someone who can make the decision to accept your proposal. I really I hope that proves to be true because that is the concept I will be applying even though I have never done anything like that before, it will be uncomfortable no doubt but to grow you need to be uncomfortable all the time, this is a [i]business[/i] after all. Good Luck
My 2 Cents.
This is a question I have aswell, As Affiliates with many years of experience I would assume that you have done the training which is vital and you are also aware of the procedure...

I think that in the technological world we live in now the human aspect of our business is needed now more than ever.

i.e I think the best way to approach a local business would be to implement our natural human element to engage and connect with real people on a real level.

Yes I imagine meeting the right person to talk to would be a challenge and thats good because it keeps us on edge and constantly developing and implementing new ideas and strategies but arranging to meet with a store manager for example and informing them of the opportunities that awaits them might just be a good way for that person to recommend you to someone who can make the decision to accept your proposal.

I really I hope that proves to be true because that is the concept I will be applying even though I have never done anything like that before, it will be uncomfortable no doubt but to grow you need to be uncomfortable all the time, this is a business after all.

Good Luck
Gareth K.

South Africa

Liked by Phayom P.

Posted 5 months ago

Hi, Gyanendra, Pre-registering local merchants is not a problem, just follow the simple procedures laid out for this and approval is a sure thing. However, following them up is another matter. I have done one follow-up and although the second time I met the owner was more promising, nothing has happened in terms of joining the program. A third, or fourth follow-up may be in order. To answer your question, as Team Leaders, we should be developing our own personal approaches to our local merchants and work to develop a friendly relationship with them so that they trust us enough to join our loyalty program. This is easier done with small businesses, but a big challenge for chain stores or franchises where a local manager has no authority to decide. However, (again!), the problem is how to explain the intricacies of our loyalty program and how it can work alongside the local merchants' own loyalty program. We know what a Localvantia Account Manager's responsibilities are, but there's been no further instructions or explanations about how our Localvantia loyalty program can work side by side with the owner's as most have their own fly-by or similar program to keep their customers. Still awaiting further developments about this...until then.... I wish you and everyone all the best in their work with local merchants.
Hi, Gyanendra,

Pre-registering local merchants is not a problem, just follow the simple procedures laid out for this and approval is a sure thing.

However, following them up is another matter. I have done one follow-up and although the second time I met the owner was more promising, nothing has happened in terms of joining the program. A third, or fourth follow-up may be in order.

To answer your question, as Team Leaders, we should be developing our own personal approaches to our local merchants and work to develop a friendly relationship with them so that they trust us enough to join our loyalty program. This is easier done with small businesses, but a big challenge for chain stores or franchises where a local manager has no authority to decide.

However, (again!), the problem is how to explain the intricacies of our loyalty program and how it can work alongside the local merchants' own loyalty program. We know what a Localvantia Account Manager's responsibilities are, but there's been no further instructions or explanations about how our Localvantia loyalty program can work side by side with the owner's as most have their own fly-by or similar program to keep their customers.

Still awaiting further developments about this...until then.... I wish you and everyone all the best in their work with local merchants.
38x SUPPORT
Gliceria P.

Australia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 5 months ago

Do this in order: Referring merchants is simple and easy. Just: Visit your favorite merchant(s). Take a good picture of their storefront. Go to https://www.sfimg.com/MyAccount/lv_prereg and fill out the short pre-registration form for the merchant and upload the photo you took. When you're ready, follow up (get instructions here). Special Note: You must be an Executive Affiliate to be an Account Manager for pre-registered merchants. Learn more here. My insert: After your picture is approved,send the 2 paper copies that SFI instructs you to send. You do not need to approach the merchant personally till the letters are received! SFI will do that.Do not get ahead of yourself. It helps to include a Rewardical Card with the 2 letters you send. I put my I.D. # on the card. Then if they do not want to Join Localvanita, they may join SFI!
Do this in order:
Referring merchants is simple and easy. Just:

Visit your favorite merchant(s).
Take a good picture of their storefront.
Go to www.sfimg.com/MyAccount/lv_prereg and fill out the short pre-registration form for the merchant and upload the photo you took.
When you're ready, follow up (get instructions here). Special Note: You must be an Executive Affiliate to be an Account Manager for pre-registered merchants. Learn more here.

My insert:
After your picture is approved,send the 2 paper copies that SFI instructs you to send.

You do not need to approach the merchant personally till the letters are received! SFI will do that.Do not get ahead of yourself.

It helps to include a Rewardical Card with the 2 letters you send.

I put my I.D. # on the card.

Then if they do not want to Join Localvanita, they may join SFI!
35x SUPPORT
mary b.

United States

E365 Champion

Liked by Ronald P. Phayom P.

| Edit settings