Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Captcha on each PTP pick. Seriously?

Posted 5 months ago More by Bogdan D.

Ok, so there is captcha check on each PTP pick now. That is so annoying. Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him. Even if that was the case, put a captcha check once in 6, 12 or 24 hours. That is enough. On each guess, come on, totally unnecessary. Not to mention [b]this captchas are full of bugs and required to be done more than once, more often than not.[/b] No one wants to sit there and make 30 guesses in half an hour. I'm sure all the players will agree.
Ok, so there is captcha check on each PTP pick now. That is so annoying.

Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him. Even if that was the case, put a captcha check once in 6, 12 or 24 hours. That is enough.

On each guess, come on, totally unnecessary. Not to mention this captchas are full of bugs and required to be done more than once, more often than not.

No one wants to sit there and make 30 guesses in half an hour. I'm sure all the players will agree.
6x SUPPORT
Bogdan D.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 5 months ago

Bogdan, I am in agreement with you, I don't feel the need for the "I am not a Robot" button at the Pick the Price Game. However, it could be possible that there was some attempts to gain wins by individuals who try to cheat the system in some way. I think before we assume that it is not needed, we should wait for a comment from corporate as to why it was initialized in the first place. Best Regards, and Much Success to You! Jim Leffew
Bogdan,

I am in agreement with you, I don't feel the need for the "I am not a Robot" button at the Pick the Price Game.

However, it could be possible that there was some attempts to gain wins by individuals who try to cheat the system in some way. I think before we assume that it is not needed, we should wait for a comment from corporate as to why it was initialized in the first place.

Best Regards, and Much Success to You!

Jim Leffew
5x SUPPORT
Jim L.

United States

Posted 5 months ago

I do agree with you Bogdan. The captcha security is not necessary because ptp is a guess which a bot cannot do. Its to cumbersome and annoying.
I do agree with you Bogdan. The captcha security is not necessary because ptp is a guess which a bot cannot do.
Its to cumbersome and annoying.
UVARAJ S.

India

E365 Champion

Posted 5 months ago

I agree with the Captcha. I have experience devastating security problems and any sign that SFI is attempting to deal with the unprincipled is fine with me. I can live with the annoyance. Believe me it beats dealing with the fallout from inadequate security protection. I`m not so naive to think that a Captcha is going to solve all such problems, but it is certainly encouraging to know that SFI is alert. Surely Gery would not institute such a feature unless there are problems.
I agree with the Captcha. I have experience devastating security problems and any sign that SFI is attempting to deal with the unprincipled is fine with me. I can live with the annoyance. Believe me it beats dealing with the fallout from inadequate security protection. I`m not so naive to think that a Captcha is going to solve all such problems, but it is certainly encouraging to know that SFI is alert. Surely Gery would not institute such a feature unless there are problems.
9x SUPPORT
Max J.

Canada

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 5 months ago

I don't concern myself with the "captcha check". I only concern myself with the number of PTP games l play because its 5TCredits per game. You get a double award for playing that game. You get alot of Rewardicals and the results of the Zackpot and how many TCredits l will receive on the following Monday. Those TCredits come in handy especially at the beginning of the week.
I don't concern myself with the "captcha check". I only concern myself with the number of PTP games l play because its 5TCredits per game. You get a double award for playing that game. You get alot of Rewardicals and the results of the Zackpot and how many TCredits l will receive on the following Monday. Those TCredits come in handy especially at the beginning of the week.
5x SUPPORT
Stephen B.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 5 months ago More by Gery 1 Reply

[quote=1421190]Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him.[/quote] You'd be wrong about that. Scammers have scripted bots to exploit PTP and we needed to put in protection for our honest players.
Bogdan D. posted:
Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him.

You'd be wrong about that. Scammers have scripted bots to exploit PTP and we needed to put in protection for our honest players.
Gery

United States

Posted 5 months ago More by Igor A.

Acute questions, which you would like to receive an answer directly from the administrator, it is better to put in the section [b]Ask Gery[/b]
Acute questions, which you would like to receive an answer directly from the administrator, it is better to put in the section Ask Gery
10x SUPPORT
Igor A.

Russian Federation

E365 Champion

Posted 5 months ago, edited 5 months ago More by Bogdan D. 1 Reply

[quote=1421214][quote=1421190]Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him.[/quote] You'd be wrong about that. Scammers have scripted bots to exploit PTP and we needed to put in protection for our honest players.[/quote] I get the point and I know people are programming bots for everything today. But, you can't exploit the game based on pure luck. Come on. My point, still unnecessary for each guess. Put a check once in 10 guesses at least. Super annoying and full of bugs, makes me not wanna play the game and I'm sure majority thinks the same.
Gery posted:
Bogdan D. posted:

You'd be wrong about that. Scammers have scripted bots to exploit PTP and we needed to put in protection for our honest players.

I get the point and I know people are programming bots for everything today.

But, you can't exploit the game based on pure luck. Come on.

My point, still unnecessary for each guess. Put a check once in 10 guesses at least.

Super annoying and full of bugs, makes me not wanna play the game and I'm sure majority thinks the same.
6x SUPPORT
Bogdan D.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 5 months ago More by Gery 1 Reply

[quote=1421260][quote=1421214][quote=1421190]Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him.[/quote] You'd be wrong about that. Scammers have scripted bots to exploit PTP and we needed to put in protection for our honest players.[/quote] I get the point and I know people are programming bots for everything today. But, you can't exploit the game based on pure luck. Come on. My point, still unnecessary for each guess. Put a check once in 10 guesses at least. Super annoying and full of bugs, makes me not wanna play the game.[/quote] 1. We provide the average winning price, so it's pretty easy for a script to use that of course or even add a bit of A.I. to create an even smarter guess. 2. You mention it being "full of bugs." I'm not aware of any bugs. Please clarify so they can be eradicated asap. Thank you.
Bogdan D. posted:
Gery posted:
Bogdan D. posted:

My point, still unnecessary for each guess. Put a check once in 10 guesses at least.

Super annoying and full of bugs, makes me not wanna play the game.

1. We provide the average winning price, so it's pretty easy for a script to use that of course or even add a bit of A.I. to create an even smarter guess.

2. You mention it being "full of bugs." I'm not aware of any bugs. Please clarify so they can be eradicated asap. Thank you.
Gery

United States

Posted 5 months ago More by Bogdan D. 1 Reply

[quote=1421264][quote=1421260][quote=1421214][quote=1421190]Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him.[/quote] You'd be wrong about that. Scammers have scripted bots to exploit PTP and we needed to put in protection for our honest players.[/quote] I get the point and I know people are programming bots for everything today. But, you can't exploit the game based on pure luck. Come on. My point, still unnecessary for each guess. Put a check once in 10 guesses at least. Super annoying and full of bugs, makes me not wanna play the game.[/quote] 1. We provide the average winning price, so it's pretty easy for a script to use that of course or even add a bit of A.I. to create an even smarter guess. 2. You mention it being "full of bugs." I'm not aware of any bugs. Please clarify so they can be eradicated asap. Thank you.[/quote] 1. Script can do that without entering guess as a robot, people can do it manually. Still no valid point for captcha. Irrelevant and unnecessary for a game of pure luck where average prices change each day because not each particular auction is held at the same time, not to mention the period of month which also has effect. 2. Players do correct check, captcha forces another check, for example. Happens a lot, annoying. At least put a simple captcha box check without selecting pictures.
Gery posted:
Bogdan D. posted:
Gery posted:
Bogdan D. posted:

Super annoying and full of bugs, makes me not wanna play the game.

1. We provide the average winning price, so it's pretty easy for a script to use that of course or even add a bit of A.I. to create an even smarter guess.

2. You mention it being "full of bugs." I'm not aware of any bugs. Please clarify so they can be eradicated asap. Thank you.

1. Script can do that without entering guess as a robot, people can do it manually. Still no valid point for captcha. Irrelevant and unnecessary for a game of pure luck where average prices change each day because not each particular auction is held at the same time, not to mention the period of month which also has effect.

2. Players do correct check, captcha forces another check, for example. Happens a lot, annoying. At least put a simple captcha box check without selecting pictures.
6x SUPPORT
Bogdan D.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 5 months ago

[quote=1421190]Not to mention [b]this captchas are full of bugs and required to be done more than once, more often than not.[/b] No one wants to sit there and make 30 guesses in half an hour. I'm sure all the players will agree.[/quote] I play PTP every single day and have not had to do anything more than a check-box captcha on any given day. I certainly don't have to do that more than once. I agree with the captcha, to prevent fraud, abuse, and the degradation of the entire SFI program. I applaud Gery and the IT team for taking this step! [b]Aim HIGHER, Dream BIGGER in 2018![/b]
Bogdan D. posted:
Not to mention this captchas are full of bugs and required to be done more than once, more often than not.

No one wants to sit there and make 30 guesses in half an hour. I'm sure all the players will agree.

I play PTP every single day and have not had to do anything more than a check-box captcha on any given day. I certainly don't have to do that more than once.

I agree with the captcha, to prevent fraud, abuse, and the degradation of the entire SFI program. I applaud Gery and the IT team for taking this step!

Aim HIGHER, Dream BIGGER in 2018!
54x SUPPORT
Michael A.

United States

Posted 5 months ago

Dear Bogdan, you can't write off the fact of what scammers can do. I have suggested this before to checkmate the possibility of robots or robotics playing games, bidding or even picking the price. To me this idea is highly welcomed in SFI as a business to avoid having robots as affiliates. Thank you sir Gery and members of the cooperates for such a wonderful innovation.
Dear Bogdan, you can't write off the fact of what scammers can do. I have suggested this before to checkmate the possibility of robots or robotics playing games, bidding or even picking the price.
To me this idea is highly welcomed in SFI as a business to avoid having robots as affiliates.
Thank you sir Gery and members of the cooperates for such a wonderful innovation.
20x SUPPORT
Nkechi N.

Nigeria

E365 Champion

| Edit settings