Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Captcha on each PTP pick. Seriously?

Posted 3 months ago

I really don't know what this captcha could resolve...hypothetically, it doesn't matter, if the prediction is made with a bot or manually because every prediction has his own identity at the end, paid with 1 TCredit. Much more important things to save the PTP from cheaters I have suggested times ago already but were finished as "taking to know" only... so, there's probably no needs for this...and so, I'm not suggesting about this anymore. Just one of these for example: [b]Making auto - invalid every PTP prediction, if you are bidding "in the points" of your PTP prediction (but you can bid after and before).[/b] Why? I'm leaving to answer everyone for yourself...and, of course, I'm with Bogdan at this thread.
I really don't know what this captcha could resolve...hypothetically, it doesn't matter, if the prediction is made with a bot or manually because every prediction has his own identity at the end, paid with 1 TCredit.

Much more important things to save the PTP from cheaters I have suggested times ago already but were finished as "taking to know" only... so, there's probably no needs for this...and so, I'm not suggesting about this anymore.

Just one of these for example:
Making auto - invalid every PTP prediction, if you are bidding "in the points" of your PTP prediction (but you can bid after and before).

Why? I'm leaving to answer everyone for yourself...and, of course, I'm with Bogdan at this thread.

2x SUPPORT
Milan S.

Slovenia

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

OK. I have read all of the comments with regard to Pick the Price. I don’t usually play this game….I spend enough time on other areas however decided to play it a couple of times today to see what all the fuss was about. I totally agree that the capture addition is quite painful but I think it is necessary. We have a miserable lot of people who try to cheat the system and if the addition of a capture makes it difficult for them perhaps they will move elsewhere. Gery is continually trying to make SFI and TripleClicks a safe site for us and if he gives in to our whines, he is not doing his job.’ Just my opinion – for all those who are now going to shoot me down.
OK. I have read all of the comments with regard to Pick the Price. I don’t usually play this game….I spend enough time on other areas however decided to play it a couple of times today to see what all the fuss was about.

I totally agree that the capture addition is quite painful but I think it is necessary. We have a miserable lot of people who try to cheat the system and if the addition of a capture makes it difficult for them perhaps they will move elsewhere.

Gery is continually trying to make SFI and TripleClicks a safe site for us and if he gives in to our whines, he is not doing his job.’

Just my opinion – for all those who are now going to shoot me down.
7x SUPPORT
Janet S.

Australia

E365 Champion

Posted 3 months ago More by Marijana P. 1 Reply

[quote=1421269][quote=1421264][quote=1421260][quote=1421214][quote=1421190]Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him.[/quote] You'd be wrong about that. Scammers have scripted bots to exploit PTP and we needed to put in protection for our honest players.[/quote] I get the point and I know people are programming bots for everything today. But, you can't exploit the game based on pure luck. Come on. My point, still unnecessary for each guess. Put a check once in 10 guesses at least. Super annoying and full of bugs, makes me not wanna play the game.[/quote] 1. We provide the average winning price, so it's pretty easy for a script to use that of course or even add a bit of A.I. to create an even smarter guess. 2. You mention it being "full of bugs." I'm not aware of any bugs. Please clarify so they can be eradicated asap. Thank you.[/quote] 1. Script can do that without entering guess as a robot, people can do it manually. Still no valid point for captcha. Irrelevant and unnecessary for a game of pure luck where average prices change each day because not each particular auction is held at the same time, not to mention the period of month which also has effect. 2. Players do correct check, captcha forces another check, for example. Happens a lot, annoying. At least put a simple captcha box check without selecting pictures.[/quote] Yes, there is a bug. Yesterday I have to select pictures multiple times (again and again same captcha) and I selected them correct every time. I agree with Bogdan here - ok, leave that box but no pictures. Pictures are problem. It is annoying and that already shows, Zackpot is smaller already for 1000-1500 Tcredits than usual.
Bogdan D. posted:
Gery posted:
Bogdan D. posted:
Gery posted:
Bogdan D. posted:
Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him.

You'd be wrong about that. Scammers have scripted bots to exploit PTP and we needed to put in protection for our honest players.

I get the point and I know people are programming bots for everything today.

But, you can't exploit the game based on pure luck. Come on.

My point, still unnecessary for each guess. Put a check once in 10 guesses at least.

Super annoying and full of bugs, makes me not wanna play the game.

1. We provide the average winning price, so it's pretty easy for a script to use that of course or even add a bit of A.I. to create an even smarter guess.

2. You mention it being "full of bugs." I'm not aware of any bugs. Please clarify so they can be eradicated asap. Thank you.

1. Script can do that without entering guess as a robot, people can do it manually. Still no valid point for captcha. Irrelevant and unnecessary for a game of pure luck where average prices change each day because not each particular auction is held at the same time, not to mention the period of month which also has effect.

2. Players do correct check, captcha forces another check, for example. Happens a lot, annoying. At least put a simple captcha box check without selecting pictures.

Yes, there is a bug. Yesterday I have to select pictures multiple times (again and again same captcha) and I selected them correct every time. I agree with Bogdan here - ok, leave that box but no pictures. Pictures are problem. It is annoying and that already shows, Zackpot is smaller already for 1000-1500 Tcredits than usual.
41x SUPPORT
Marijana P.

Serbia

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago 1 Reply

Affiliates whose devices have no Javascript will be left with no chance to play PTP but to leave. Captha is what should least be added to this game. Now SFI is segregating between PC, Smartphone or Non-smartphone users yet it says the site can be accessed on any kind of device with ease as long as it has an internet connection. Regards, Benson.
Affiliates whose devices have no Javascript will be left with no chance to play PTP but to leave. Captha is what should least be added to this game.
Now SFI is segregating between PC, Smartphone or Non-smartphone users yet it says the site can be accessed on any kind of device with ease as long as it has an internet connection.
Regards, Benson.
Benson B.

Uganda

Liked by Riccardo L.

Posted 3 months ago More by Marijana P.

[quote=1421707]Affiliates whose devices have no Javascript will be left with no chance to play PTP but to leave. Captha is what should least be added to this game. Now SFI is segregating between PC, Smartphone or Non-smartphone users yet it says the site can be accessed on any kind of device with ease as long as it has an internet connection. Regards, Benson.[/quote] Regards, captcha is gone. At the moment. I hope solutions for PTP issues will be found soon.
Benson B. posted:
Affiliates whose devices have no Javascript will be left with no chance to play PTP but to leave. Captha is what should least be added to this game.
Now SFI is segregating between PC, Smartphone or Non-smartphone users yet it says the site can be accessed on any kind of device with ease as long as it has an internet connection.
Regards, Benson.

Regards,
captcha is gone. At the moment.
I hope solutions for PTP issues will be found soon.
41x SUPPORT
Marijana P.

Serbia

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Liked by Riccardo L.

Posted 3 months ago

I think we should be careful about labelling interventions as unnecessary. Interventions are there to curb wrongs or abuse of systems. You can always suggest a better way an intervention can be made but not call it unnecessary or relevant because they are necessary.
I think we should be careful about labelling interventions as unnecessary. Interventions are there to curb wrongs or abuse of systems. You can always suggest a better way an intervention can be made but not call it unnecessary or relevant because they are necessary.
Sarah A.

Ghana

Posted 3 months ago More by Igor A.

[quote=1421570] Yes, there is a bug. Yesterday I have to select pictures multiple times (again and again same captcha) and I selected them correct every time [/quote] For all cases when you experience a problem with selecting images (ReCaptcha), this happens because you are logged into the Google account in your browser, just go out the account Google and the pictures will obey to you again.
Marijana P. posted:

Yes, there is a bug. Yesterday I have to select pictures multiple times (again and again same captcha) and I selected them correct every time

For all cases when you experience a problem with selecting images (ReCaptcha), this happens because you are logged into the Google account in your browser, just go out the account Google and the pictures will obey to you again.
10x SUPPORT
Igor A.

Russian Federation

E365 Champion

| Edit settings