Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Captcha on each PTP pick. Seriously? Posts by Bogdan Djomlija

Posted about 1 month ago More by Bogdan D.

Ok, so there is captcha check on each PTP pick now. That is so annoying. Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him. Even if that was the case, put a captcha check once in 6, 12 or 24 hours. That is enough. On each guess, come on, totally unnecessary. Not to mention [b]this captchas are full of bugs and required to be done more than once, more often than not.[/b] No one wants to sit there and make 30 guesses in half an hour. I'm sure all the players will agree.
Ok, so there is captcha check on each PTP pick now. That is so annoying.

Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him. Even if that was the case, put a captcha check once in 6, 12 or 24 hours. That is enough.

On each guess, come on, totally unnecessary. Not to mention this captchas are full of bugs and required to be done more than once, more often than not.

No one wants to sit there and make 30 guesses in half an hour. I'm sure all the players will agree.
6x SUPPORT
Bogdan D.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago, edited about 1 month ago More by Bogdan D. 1 Reply

[quote=1421214][quote=1421190]Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him.[/quote] You'd be wrong about that. Scammers have scripted bots to exploit PTP and we needed to put in protection for our honest players.[/quote] I get the point and I know people are programming bots for everything today. But, you can't exploit the game based on pure luck. Come on. My point, still unnecessary for each guess. Put a check once in 10 guesses at least. Super annoying and full of bugs, makes me not wanna play the game and I'm sure majority thinks the same.
Gery posted:
Bogdan D. posted:
Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him.

You'd be wrong about that. Scammers have scripted bots to exploit PTP and we needed to put in protection for our honest players.

I get the point and I know people are programming bots for everything today.

But, you can't exploit the game based on pure luck. Come on.

My point, still unnecessary for each guess. Put a check once in 10 guesses at least.

Super annoying and full of bugs, makes me not wanna play the game and I'm sure majority thinks the same.
6x SUPPORT
Bogdan D.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago More by Bogdan D. 1 Reply

[quote=1421264][quote=1421260][quote=1421214][quote=1421190]Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him.[/quote] You'd be wrong about that. Scammers have scripted bots to exploit PTP and we needed to put in protection for our honest players.[/quote] I get the point and I know people are programming bots for everything today. But, you can't exploit the game based on pure luck. Come on. My point, still unnecessary for each guess. Put a check once in 10 guesses at least. Super annoying and full of bugs, makes me not wanna play the game.[/quote] 1. We provide the average winning price, so it's pretty easy for a script to use that of course or even add a bit of A.I. to create an even smarter guess. 2. You mention it being "full of bugs." I'm not aware of any bugs. Please clarify so they can be eradicated asap. Thank you.[/quote] 1. Script can do that without entering guess as a robot, people can do it manually. Still no valid point for captcha. Irrelevant and unnecessary for a game of pure luck where average prices change each day because not each particular auction is held at the same time, not to mention the period of month which also has effect. 2. Players do correct check, captcha forces another check, for example. Happens a lot, annoying. At least put a simple captcha box check without selecting pictures.
Gery posted:
Bogdan D. posted:
Gery posted:
Bogdan D. posted:
Why do we need this? Not like someone programmed a bot to do guesses for him.

You'd be wrong about that. Scammers have scripted bots to exploit PTP and we needed to put in protection for our honest players.

I get the point and I know people are programming bots for everything today.

But, you can't exploit the game based on pure luck. Come on.

My point, still unnecessary for each guess. Put a check once in 10 guesses at least.

Super annoying and full of bugs, makes me not wanna play the game.

1. We provide the average winning price, so it's pretty easy for a script to use that of course or even add a bit of A.I. to create an even smarter guess.

2. You mention it being "full of bugs." I'm not aware of any bugs. Please clarify so they can be eradicated asap. Thank you.

1. Script can do that without entering guess as a robot, people can do it manually. Still no valid point for captcha. Irrelevant and unnecessary for a game of pure luck where average prices change each day because not each particular auction is held at the same time, not to mention the period of month which also has effect.

2. Players do correct check, captcha forces another check, for example. Happens a lot, annoying. At least put a simple captcha box check without selecting pictures.
6x SUPPORT
Bogdan D.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

| Edit settings