Grab up to 13,000 free, business-boosting CSAs when you advance your rank this month! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Forum Feature Request

Posted 3 months ago, edited 3 months ago

[u]One of the [b]standard features[/b], of an internet forum, that's we're missing is the @ tag feature.[/u] My request is that we be able to tag forum member(s) when a thread, post or response requires their attention (just a request for them to participate and not a requirement). An example would be: @Leon M. When added to a thread, post or response the above tag would notify me, for example, that my attention is requested. The notification could be on the alerts page, TeamMail or standard email or all three. Maybe the alerts page is enough? This would allow, for example, a quote based reply while also notifying another forum member(s) that their attention is requested. This also allows multiple forum members to be notified about a thread, post or response. However, I would recommend that SFI Admin and forum Moderator accounts not be included in this feature. That would be overwhelming for corporate and the mods I believe. Thanks :thumbsup: Leon McKee
One of the standard features, of an internet forum, that's we're missing is the @ tag feature. My request is that we be able to tag forum member(s) when a thread, post or response requires their attention (just a request for them to participate and not a requirement). An example would be:

@Leon M.

When added to a thread, post or response the above tag would notify me, for example, that my attention is requested. The notification could be on the alerts page, TeamMail or standard email or all three. Maybe the alerts page is enough?

This would allow, for example, a quote based reply while also notifying another forum member(s) that their attention is requested. This also allows multiple forum members to be notified about a thread, post or response.

However, I would recommend that SFI Admin and forum Moderator accounts not be included in this feature. That would be overwhelming for corporate and the mods I believe. Thanks

Leon McKee
56x SUPPORT
Leon M.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

Very nice.I agree with you.Regards
Very nice.I agree with you.Regards
6x SUPPORT
Zeljko S.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

Posted 3 months ago 2 Replies

Hi Leon, I am just trying to figure out why we would need this. We already get a notice when there's something in the forum that needs our attention.
Hi Leon,

I am just trying to figure out why we would need this. We already get a notice
when there's something in the forum that needs our attention.
17x SUPPORT
Hartense S.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

[quote=1458499]One of the standard features, of an internet forum, that's we're missing is the @ tag feature. My request is that we be able to tag forum member(s) when a thread, post or response requires their attention (just a request for them to participate and not a requirement). An example would be: @Leon M. When added to a thread, post or response the above tag would notify me, for example, that my attention is requested. The notification could be on the alerts page, TeamMail or standard email or all three. Maybe the alerts page is enough? This would allow, for example, a quote based reply while also notifying another forum member(s) that their attention is requested. This also allows multiple forum members to be notified about a thread, post or response. However, I would recommend that SFI Admin and forum Moderator accounts not be included in this feature. That would be overwhelming for corporate and the mods I believe. Thanks :thumbsup: Leon McKee[/quote] Hello Leon- We already have that feature in two ways we can be identified by any replies by checking the box at the bottom of the screen. Also, if anyone refers to us by using the quote area a reply automatically comes to us. I assume it is set up for everyone as I get replies in my email box all of the time, as well as the alerts tab, tells me I have unread notifications which I click under me and everything opens up. It isn't the @ sign like many uses but it is there. Robert
Leon M. posted:
One of the standard features, of an internet forum, that's we're missing is the @ tag feature. My request is that we be able to tag forum member(s) when a thread, post or response requires their attention (just a request for them to participate and not a requirement). An example would be:

@Leon M.

When added to a thread, post or response the above tag would notify me, for example, that my attention is requested. The notification could be on the alerts page, TeamMail or standard email or all three. Maybe the alerts page is enough?

This would allow, for example, a quote based reply while also notifying another forum member(s) that their attention is requested. This also allows multiple forum members to be notified about a thread, post or response.

However, I would recommend that SFI Admin and forum Moderator accounts not be included in this feature. That would be overwhelming for corporate and the mods I believe. Thanks

Leon McKee

Hello Leon-

We already have that feature in two ways we can be identified by any replies by checking the box at the bottom of the screen. Also, if anyone refers to us by using the quote area a reply automatically comes to us. I assume it is set up for everyone as I get replies in my email box all of the time, as well as the alerts tab, tells me I have unread notifications which I click under me and everything opens up.

It isn't the @ sign like many uses but it is there.

Robert
6x SUPPORT
Robert T.

United States

Posted 3 months ago More by Kimmy G. 2 Replies

I agree! Also, I wish we can add #hashtags too. It's not really that important, but the more features we have, the more members we would attract too. Forum-wise, it is also great if we get to earn more badges other than the Forum Guru Badge. They don't have to give VPs or extra points, but rather just an incentive to participate in the forum and become an active participant of the business. Wouldn't that be great? I think it will also attract the younger population --- like me XD. :ok_hand: I am a participant of a lot of forums and what drives me to stay as a member are the badges I get for participating and other incentives too. When people are given recognition, the more they would push to work hard and support a community. :v:
I agree! Also, I wish we can add #hashtags too. It's not really that important, but the more features we have, the more members we would attract too.

Forum-wise, it is also great if we get to earn more badges other than the Forum Guru Badge. They don't have to give VPs or extra points, but rather just an incentive to participate in the forum and become an active participant of the business. Wouldn't that be great? I think it will also attract the younger population --- like me XD.

I am a participant of a lot of forums and what drives me to stay as a member are the badges I get for participating and other incentives too. When people are given recognition, the more they would push to work hard and support a community.
Kimmy G.

United States

Posted 3 months ago

Hello Leon, lm not sure l understand what you're saying but Hartense gave you the best response regarding your issue.
Hello Leon, lm not sure l understand what you're saying but Hartense gave you the best response regarding your issue.
5x SUPPORT
Stephen B.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 3 months ago

Hello Leon, Well I understand your view as to the @ in the forum, which is the trending stuff. If am correct, you are actually trying to suggest this feature in order to make most SFIers active participant in the forum. But in another view,so many may see it as a requirement(that is trying to force them on a Topic they are not willing ) because that @ feature have such characteristics.. Thanks.
Hello Leon,
Well I understand your view as to the @ in the forum, which is the trending stuff. If am correct, you are actually trying to suggest this feature in order to make most SFIers active participant in the forum.
But in another view,so many may see it as a requirement(that is trying to force them on a Topic they are not willing ) because that @ feature have such characteristics..

Thanks.
SUPPORT
Michael E.

Nigeria

Posted 3 months ago

Hi Leon Thanks for this suggestion. I totally agree with you! This is very important and there are many companies in internet business use this tag This is different from notification as some friends mentioned in their post
Hi Leon
Thanks for this suggestion. I totally agree with you!
This is very important and there are many companies in internet business use this tag
This is different from notification as some friends mentioned in their post
33x SUPPORT
Rania M.

Jordan

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

Dear Leon M , For me a very good suggestion. All the Best ! Zoran Vukovic
Dear Leon M ,
For me a very good suggestion.
All the Best !
Zoran Vukovic
289x SUPPORT
Zoran V.

Serbia

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago More by Bruce H.

Leon M - In essence this is already being done, agree with Jessie. Forum readers want/need prompt replies. Under your suggestion answers would be much slower. The Forum is, and should remain to give varied replies & thoughts. Bless you and yours. Bye for now. Bruce Harper
Leon M - In essence this is already being done, agree with Jessie. Forum readers want/need prompt replies. Under your
suggestion answers would be much slower. The Forum is, and should remain to give varied replies & thoughts. Bless you
and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper
13x SUPPORT
Bruce H.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

Hi Leon, I totally agree with you .it make sense to have a @ Tag, so we can get the attention of our team member that their attention is needed.to get quick responses on the agenda.. Best regards.
Hi Leon,

I totally agree with you .it make sense to have a @ Tag, so we can get the attention of our team member that their attention is needed.to get quick responses on the agenda..

Best regards.
Stephanie .

Belize

Posted 3 months ago More by Christine D.

Hi Leon, Though I understand your point, I agree with Michael E . Especially Newbies or Forum shy people , like I used to be, if I would have received an @ I would freak out lol. I would be thinking , if I don't reply they might think I am not interested and if I reply, I might not really know what to say. It might be ok for those used to the forum and used to posting but I think it might have an adverse effect on others. It might feel like an extra pressure on us that we don't need, especially at the moment with all the new changes. Just my honest opinion. regards
Hi Leon,
Though I understand your point, I agree with Michael E .

Especially Newbies or Forum shy people , like I used to be, if I would have received an @ I would freak out lol.
I would be thinking , if I don't reply they might think I am not interested and if I reply, I might not really know what to say.

It might be ok for those used to the forum and used to posting but I think it might have an adverse effect on others.
It might feel like an extra pressure on us that we don't need, especially at the moment with all the new changes.

Just my honest opinion.

regards
10x SUPPORT
Christine D.

Gibraltar

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

| Edit settings