Grab up to 13,000 free, business-boosting CSAs when you advance your rank this month! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Auctions without Bid Assist or Bid Rescue

Posted 3 months ago

Just a suggestion... why don't you have occasional auctions where bid assist and bid rescue cannot be used? This would make it so bidders wouldn't be able to set their bid assist up with X number of T-Credits and then just walk away. Just have random auctions that force bidders to actually participate.
Just a suggestion... why don't you have occasional auctions where bid assist and bid rescue cannot be used? This would make it so bidders wouldn't be able to set their bid assist up with X number of T-Credits and then just walk away. Just have random auctions that force bidders to actually participate.
Dave E.

United States

Posted 3 months ago

[quote=1459285]Just a suggestion... why don't you have occasional auctions where bid assist and bid rescue cannot be used? This would make it so bidders wouldn't be able to set their bid assist up with X number of T-Credits and then just walk away. Just have random auctions that force bidders to actually participate. [/quote] Hi Dave, Agree with you, this would help some people to win some auctions that otherwise never make it. Regards.
Dave E. posted:

Hi Dave,

Agree with you, this would help some people to win some auctions that otherwise never make it.

Regards.
48x SUPPORT
Manuel V.

Portugal

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

Hi Dave, Nice suggestion. As a matter of fact, I really would like to see such auction. It is sometimes discouraging when you see one or two people on auto bid/bid assist trying to win a particular auction , the price of the auction will contibie to go higher and you without bid assist will have no portion but to give up. I am hoping your suggestion is considered. Best regards.
Hi Dave,
Nice suggestion. As a matter of fact, I really would like to see such auction.
It is sometimes discouraging when you see one or two people on auto bid/bid assist trying to win a particular auction , the price of the auction will contibie to go higher and you without bid assist will have no portion but to give up.

I am hoping your suggestion is considered.

Best regards.
9x SUPPORT
Olufunmilola O.

Nigeria

Posted 3 months ago

This is a good suggestion to me. We can try it with any of the under performing auction or junior auction to see how people physically monitor their auctions. Also on the physical products because those auction get to have use of bid assist a lot and most won by selected individuals. All the best to all in future wins Kolade Okuwa
This is a good suggestion to me. We can try it with any of the under performing auction or junior auction to see how people physically monitor their auctions. Also on the physical products because those auction get to have use of bid assist a lot and most won by selected individuals.

All the best to all in future wins
Kolade Okuwa
3x SUPPORT
Kolade Joseph O.

Nigeria

E365 Runner Up

Posted 3 months ago

Hi Dave: I really like your suggestion. So often I see the same person on two auctions at the same time with bid assist on both of them. As I watch the bids go up it seems like often they will run out of their bid and miss one but then they are back at it again after that. I would also like it if wins might be limited to 1 or 2 wins by a person per day. Al Martens
Hi Dave:

I really like your suggestion. So often I see the same person on two auctions at the same time with bid assist on both of them. As I watch the bids go up it seems like often they will run out of their bid and miss one but then they are back at it again after that. I would also like it if wins might be limited to 1 or 2 wins by a person per day.

Al Martens
4x SUPPORT
Al M.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 3 months ago

You are right, Dave. I have just been in an auction (3 months + 4500 VP) and each time I bid, it doesn't last 5 seconds. Then they're are won by the same affiliates. I will never win this, even is once every three months. I and every other affiliate can report this now, or on the monthly report of the 1st.
You are right, Dave.

I have just been in an auction (3 months + 4500 VP) and each time I bid, it doesn't last 5 seconds. Then they're are won by the same affiliates. I will never win this, even is once every three months. I and every other affiliate can report this now, or on the monthly report of the 1st.
Luis A A.

United States

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

Thank you Dave! This is a great suggestion! I hope your suggestion is taken! I know for myself, i have pretty much given up on auctions. - Every time i try one someone or 2 or 3 do just that - they set bid assist or bid rescue and wind up in a bidding war with others doing the same, and it seems to go on and on. Then when Those bidders are done another couple start and i never get a chance! And i often wonder how those bidders are able to set up for sooo many bids! I dont have that many t credits to waste them on bid sssist or bid rescue to make sure that i would be top bidder 20, 30 or 50 bids later! And I'm sure i'm not the only one! Thank you Dave for bringing this to everyones attention!
Thank you Dave! This is a great suggestion! I hope your suggestion is taken!
I know for myself, i have pretty much given up on auctions. - Every time i try one someone or 2 or 3 do just that - they set bid assist or bid rescue and wind up in a bidding war with others doing the same, and it seems to go on and on. Then when Those bidders are done another couple start and i never get a chance!
And i often wonder how those bidders are able to set up for sooo many bids! I dont have that many t credits to waste them on bid sssist or bid rescue to make sure that i would be top bidder 20, 30 or 50 bids later! And I'm sure i'm not the only one!
Thank you Dave for bringing this to everyones attention!
PAUL AND DANNAH F.

United States

Posted 3 months ago

I can see the benefit to the Bid Assist, as I have used it a few times, but, you're right, quite often, I believe, the same folks win. I can't afford unlimited TCredits and won't buy them just to win an auction, and I'm probably not the only one. When I do bid without Bid Assist, I find it very frustrating when there's someone using Bid Assist. So, I see its pros and cons and, quite possibly, TripleClicks would lose members and money if they were to eliminate Bid Assist and Bid Rescue altogether. To place some auctions up that don't offer them and have some that do doesn't seem as though it would hurt TC's profits. Just my two cents! Johnna Ingram
I can see the benefit to the Bid Assist, as I have used it a few times, but, you're right, quite often, I believe, the same folks win. I can't afford unlimited TCredits and won't buy them just to win an auction, and I'm probably not the only one. When I do bid without Bid Assist, I find it very frustrating when there's someone using Bid Assist. So, I see its pros and cons and, quite possibly, TripleClicks would lose members and money if they were to eliminate Bid Assist and Bid Rescue altogether. To place some auctions up that don't offer them and have some that do doesn't seem as though it would hurt TC's profits.
Just my two cents!
Johnna Ingram
5x SUPPORT
Johnna I.

United States

Posted 3 months ago, edited 3 months ago

It is a very good suggestion BUT it probably will NEVER be changed. WHY? Put yourself in SFI's place and consider the following .... 1) YOU make money when people buy TCredits. The more TCRedits they buy the bigger YOUR profits. 2) People use TCredits to bid on Auctions. 3) IF people are using Bid Assist or bid rescue they are using MORE TCredits at a time. You can spend 1000 TCredits in 5 minutes if the auctions is popular and there are several people using Bid Assist. 4) That means people will be buying MORE TCredits every 5 minutes (or so). 5) The object of the Auctions ultimately is to produce income for SFI. Being fair and providing an equal playing field is not required. If you were SFI would it not make sense for YOU to allow Bid Assist? Of course it does .Not trying to be negative nor do i have anything against the auctions. It is just a business strategy that works very well. There used to have a page where you could see exactly who was bidding but i guess it is gone now as i have not seen it for a long time. At that time you could actually see who was bidding and how often they would bid and when they slowed down you could bid and possibly win the auction but now it seems you are bidding blind. Another great strategy for SFI. Wish you lots of luck and may you win a lot of auctions. [img]https://i.imgur.com/gERI3xY.png[/img]
It is a very good suggestion BUT it probably will NEVER be changed.

WHY? Put yourself in SFI's place and consider the following ....

1) YOU make money when people buy TCredits. The more TCRedits they buy the bigger YOUR profits.
2) People use TCredits to bid on Auctions.
3) IF people are using Bid Assist or bid rescue they are using MORE TCredits at a time. You can spend 1000 TCredits in 5 minutes if the auctions is popular and there are several people using Bid Assist.
4) That means people will be buying MORE TCredits every 5 minutes (or so).
5) The object of the Auctions ultimately is to produce income for SFI. Being fair and providing an equal playing field is not required.

If you were SFI would it not make sense for YOU to allow Bid Assist? Of course it does

.Not trying to be negative nor do i have anything against the auctions. It is just a business strategy that works very well. There used to have a page where you could see exactly who was bidding but i guess it is gone now as i have not seen it for a long time. At that time you could actually see who was bidding and how often they would bid and when they slowed down you could bid and possibly win the auction but now it seems you are bidding blind. Another great strategy for SFI.

Wish you lots of luck and may you win a lot of auctions.

10x SUPPORT
Ray G.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 3 months ago

Hello Dave, l don't understand the terms "bid assist and bid rescue". All l know about is winning the bid whether l win the auction or not. The Rewardicals that come from the exchange for VersaPoints. I like to try to keep things simple.
Hello Dave, l don't understand the terms "bid assist and bid rescue". All l know about is winning the bid whether l win the auction or not. The Rewardicals that come from the exchange for VersaPoints. I like to try to keep things simple.

5x SUPPORT
Stephen B.

United States

E365 Champion

Liked by Snezana M. James K.

Posted 3 months ago

Perhaps the solution is to limit the gain of 1 daily or a product or PSA, PRM ... 1 month as a growing auction. I think that all auctions or most should be as rising, I think about gain, 1 in 45 days.
Perhaps the solution is to limit the gain of 1 daily or a product or PSA, PRM ... 1 month as a growing auction. I think that all auctions or most should be as rising, I think about gain, 1 in 45 days.
Dana L.

Serbia

Posted 3 months ago

Hi Dave, As a Business, the more TCredits spent the better. There are limits on the amount of wins, in some auctions. I don't use bid assist, but have won quite a few auctions most with just one or two TCredits, to my surprise when others have been using bid assist. You can sometimes get in at the right time, if you watch carefully how the auctions is going. There is also different types of auctions like micro, junior etc. I spend very little in the actual auctions, I wait for those with loads of TCredits to use them first lol. Keep trying, you never know when you will win.. regards.
Hi Dave,

As a Business, the more TCredits spent the better.

There are limits on the amount of wins, in some auctions.

I don't use bid assist, but have won quite a few auctions most with just one or two TCredits, to my surprise when others have been using bid assist.
You can sometimes get in at the right time, if you watch carefully how the auctions is going.

There is also different types of auctions like micro, junior etc.
I spend very little in the actual auctions, I wait for those with loads of TCredits to use them first lol.

Keep trying, you never know when you will win..
regards.
10x SUPPORT
Christine D.

Gibraltar

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

| Edit settings