Grab up to 13,000 free, business-boosting CSAs when you advance your rank this month! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Place a demo video at SFI's homepage/Login.

Posted 3 months ago

Hello Gery, Good day!! For new Joiners , Can't we place a demo video at SFI website homepage or after the login screen to understand more about the SFI concept clearly ? It gives more idea how they have to proceed. In my view, [b]visuals will give more impact[/b] rather than text. Consider it as my request. Any typos please ignore. Regards, Raja Madhu
Hello Gery,

Good day!!

For new Joiners , Can't we place a demo video at SFI website homepage or after the login screen to understand more about the SFI concept clearly ? It gives more idea how they have to proceed.

In my view, visuals will give more impact rather than text.

Consider it as my request.

Any typos please ignore.

Regards,
Raja Madhu
Raja M.

India

Posted 3 months ago

I do agree that many of us prefer to watch a video instead of reading. I have no video skills so I don't have any clue of what resources that would require of SFI to keep it current. Definitely a great suggestion you made worthy of consideration by SFI.
I do agree that many of us prefer to watch a video instead of reading. I have no video skills so I don't have any clue of what resources that would require of SFI to keep it current. Definitely a great suggestion you made worthy of consideration by SFI.
5x SUPPORT
Dennis S.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago 1 Reply

The video was there earlier but has been removed now because of constant changes taking place. In such circumstances the video tutorial becomes redundant. If you search on the internet, it may be available still.
The video was there earlier but has been removed now because of constant changes taking place. In such circumstances the video tutorial becomes redundant.

If you search on the internet, it may be available still.
42x SUPPORT
Gyanendra P.

India

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

[quote=1460596]The video was there earlier but has been removed now because of constant changes taking place. In such circumstances the video tutorial becomes redundant. If you search on the internet, it may be available still. [/quote] I support this suggestion and I would dearly love to see a professionally produced [b]official SFI video[/b] that Admin can keep updating as necessary. I know almost nothing about video production so if this is not possible, so be it. Yes you can find many videos about how to start and what to do with your business at SFI. Sadly, I find that many of them are out-of-date, inaccurate and poorly presented. Some of them are so out-of-date and yet those who uploaded them have not bothered to remove them. Its a real shame as they do not reflect well on SFI. I dont know if anything can be done about these.
Gyanendra P. posted:
The video was there earlier but has been removed now because of constant changes taking place. In such circumstances the video tutorial becomes redundant.

If you search on the internet, it may be available still.

I support this suggestion and I would dearly love to see a professionally produced official SFI video that Admin can keep updating as necessary. I know almost nothing about video production so if this is not possible, so be it.

Yes you can find many videos about how to start and what to do with your business at SFI.
Sadly, I find that many of them are out-of-date, inaccurate and poorly presented. Some of them are so out-of-date and yet those who uploaded them have not bothered to remove them. Its a real shame as they do not reflect well on SFI. I dont know if anything can be done about these.

16x SUPPORT
Nimo P.

New Zealand

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

Here is a video that explain Affiliate Marketing in general. https://youtu.be/4ZrSmfo16sk
Here is a video that explain Affiliate Marketing in general.

youtu.be/4ZrSmfo16sk
75x SUPPORT
Tall Ship Pirate Cruise .

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

I don't exactly remember how it looked like when I first signed up here, but according to the recent updates, there's a Smart Start page for beginners. Although it is rendered in maybe text or some infographics, it is easy to understand like you're watching a demo video. Also, linked to Launch Pad which also explains how SFI works. Maybe this link can help: https://news.sfimg.com/2018/05/03/smart-start-update/
I don't exactly remember how it looked like when I first signed up here, but according to the recent updates, there's a Smart Start page for beginners. Although it is rendered in maybe text or some infographics, it is easy to understand like you're watching a demo video. Also, linked to Launch Pad which also explains how SFI works.

Maybe this link can help:

news.sfimg.com/2018/05/03/smart-start-update/
Gomer M.

Philippines

Posted 3 months ago More by Tanja K.

The only kind of video they could make is something explaining what is SFI all about GENERALLY. Some introducing to the internet marketing. With all these changes...and there are more in work...it's not possible to make a video with specific topics...like Daily Actions or something like this... That's the main role of our Launchpad... to explain everything more specifically.
The only kind of video they could make is something explaining what is SFI all
about GENERALLY. Some introducing to the internet marketing.

With all these changes...and there are more in work...it's not possible to make
a video with specific topics...like Daily Actions or something like this...

That's the main role of our Launchpad... to explain everything more specifically.

141x SUPPORT
Tanja K.

Montenegro

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posts: 7,827 | Followers: 1,142 | Joined SFI: May 25, 2015

Posted 3 months ago

While some prefer videos, I prefer reading. Most videos I've found on the net tend to go ON and On AND ON....without ever telling you anything. But that's me. There is quite a bit of information simply displayed in the Smart Start phase for new affiliates. I'm not sure there is an advantage to putting it in video there... HOWEVER... What you're talking about is marketing...which is what WE can and should do. Just because an affiliate signs up doesn't mean that our marketing efforts should stop...most affiliates still need to have the benefits and features of SFI promoted to them--so offer them such resources as their sponsor or upline team leader. --Hal
While some prefer videos, I prefer reading. Most videos I've found on the net tend to go ON and On AND ON....without ever telling you anything. But that's me.
There is quite a bit of information simply displayed in the Smart Start phase for new affiliates. I'm not sure there is an advantage to putting it in video there...
HOWEVER...
What you're talking about is marketing...which is what WE can and should do. Just because an affiliate signs up doesn't mean that our marketing efforts should stop...most affiliates still need to have the benefits and features of SFI promoted to them--so offer them such resources as their sponsor or upline team leader.

--Hal

15x SUPPORT
Harold G.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago, edited 3 months ago More by Bruce D. 1 Reply

Here are some estimates found from a search for professional videos: The typical animated promo video costs anywhere from $3K to $10K a minute. An industry rule of thumb estimates about $1,000 per finished minute of video for a quality presentation, but we find that we usually come in closer to $800 per minute for the typical 5-8 minute corporate video involving a script, voice talent, and illustrating footage. :small_blue_diamond: Semi-Pro: Best Uses – Video blog posts, capturing educational events, internal training. Cost for 1-2 Minute Video – $1,500 – $3,000 :small_blue_diamond: Professional: Best Uses – Service or process descriptions, recruiting video. Cost for 1-2 Minute Video – $5,000 – $20,000 Benefits – Predictable quality that conveys basic credibility. No apologies needed. :small_blue_diamond: Premium: Best Uses – Signature pieces such as overview videos, credibility-building case studies, recruiting videos or service introductions. Cost for 1-2 Minute Video – $25,000 – $50,000 So ... With new videos required at least monthly, how much of your commission are you willing to sacrifice? These costs reflect having to add staff to make the videos or outsource the production.
Here are some estimates found from a search for professional videos:

The typical animated promo video costs anywhere from $3K to $10K a minute.

An industry rule of thumb estimates about $1,000 per finished minute of video for a quality presentation, but we find that we usually come in closer to $800 per minute for the typical 5-8 minute corporate video involving a script, voice talent, and illustrating footage.

Semi-Pro:
Best Uses – Video blog posts, capturing educational events, internal training.
Cost for 1-2 Minute Video – $1,500 – $3,000
Professional:
Best Uses – Service or process descriptions, recruiting video.
Cost for 1-2 Minute Video – $5,000 – $20,000
Benefits – Predictable quality that conveys basic credibility. No apologies needed.
Premium:
Best Uses – Signature pieces such as overview videos, credibility-building case studies, recruiting videos or service introductions.
Cost for 1-2 Minute Video – $25,000 – $50,000

So ...
With new videos required at least monthly, how much of your commission are you willing to sacrifice?
These costs reflect having to add staff to make the videos or outsource the production.

5x SUPPORT
Bruce D.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago

I think it is a great idea and have already asked.....too! and as you have mentioned..."In my view, visuals will give more impact rather than text." and as we know...."The true value of [b]visual content[/b] marketing lies in its ability to tell a story quickly, sharing information in a way that is easily remembered. [b]Visual[/b] objects are emotional, and they can reach viewers in a way that is difficult with the written word." and....."A[b] visual[/b] is something such as a [u]picture[/u], [u]diagram[/u], or[u] piece of film[/u] that is used to show or explain something." so ,we may also can be use .... [u]pictures[/u], [u]diagrams[/u], etc ...in our LaunchPad Lessons!
I think it is a great idea and have already asked.....too!
and as you have mentioned..."In my view, visuals will give more impact rather than text."

and as we know...."The true value of visual content marketing lies in its ability to tell a story quickly, sharing information in a way that is easily remembered. Visual objects are emotional, and they can reach viewers in a way that is difficult with the written word."

and....."A visual is something such as a picture, diagram, or piece of film that is used to show or explain something."

so ,we may also can be use .... pictures, diagrams, etc ...in our LaunchPad Lessons!

10x SUPPORT
Indrajith R.

Sri Lanka

E365 Country Champion

Posted 3 months ago

There are many videos on Youtube about all aspects of SFI, just take a bit of time to search, and look for latest videos, as there were many system improvements, especially in last couple of months.
There are many videos on Youtube about all aspects of SFI,
just take a bit of time to search,
and look for latest videos,
as there were many system improvements,
especially in last couple of months.

SUPPORT
Bratislav M.

Serbia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 3 months ago More by Tanja K.

[quote=1460707]Here are some estimates found from a search for professional videos: The typical animated promo video costs anywhere from $3K to $10K a minute. An industry rule of thumb estimates about $1,000 per finished minute of video for a quality presentation, but we find that we usually come in closer to $800 per minute for the typical 5-8 minute corporate video involving a script, voice talent, and illustrating footage. :small_blue_diamond: Semi-Pro: Best Uses – Video blog posts, capturing educational events, internal training. Cost for 1-2 Minute Video – $1,500 – $3,000 :small_blue_diamond: Professional: Best Uses – Service or process descriptions, recruiting video. Cost for 1-2 Minute Video – $5,000 – $20,000 Benefits – Predictable quality that conveys basic credibility. No apologies needed. :small_blue_diamond: Premium: Best Uses – Signature pieces such as overview videos, credibility-building case studies, recruiting videos or service introductions. Cost for 1-2 Minute Video – $25,000 – $50,000 So ... With new videos required at least monthly, how much of your commission are you willing to sacrifice? These costs reflect having to add staff to make the videos or outsource the production. [/quote] Bruce, we have made MANY, MANY tutorial videos in our Team...for free, of course... they are all on You Tube...but, sometimes they are limited to be seen only for some Support groups. You can't watch it if you are not a member of those groups. They might not be PROFESSIONAL as the official one from SFI should be...but, they are HELPFUL...USEFUL to the new members...and, that is what counts at the end . The problem is...with all these changes...we need to update them frequently... quite some work to do, really... as of now...we are waiting to see "the things a little bit stable" and THEN we will make new videos. We need to translate the Launchpad...AGAIN...but, we are waiting to see it complete to do that. So, yes,...quite a lot of work to do in front of us...
Bruce D. posted:
Here are some estimates found from a search for professional videos:

The typical animated promo video costs anywhere from $3K to $10K a minute.

An industry rule of thumb estimates about $1,000 per finished minute of video for a quality presentation, but we find that we usually come in closer to $800 per minute for the typical 5-8 minute corporate video involving a script, voice talent, and illustrating footage.

Semi-Pro:
Best Uses – Video blog posts, capturing educational events, internal training.
Cost for 1-2 Minute Video – $1,500 – $3,000
Professional:
Best Uses – Service or process descriptions, recruiting video.
Cost for 1-2 Minute Video – $5,000 – $20,000
Benefits – Predictable quality that conveys basic credibility. No apologies needed.
Premium:
Best Uses – Signature pieces such as overview videos, credibility-building case studies, recruiting videos or service introductions.
Cost for 1-2 Minute Video – $25,000 – $50,000

So ...
With new videos required at least monthly, how much of your commission are you willing to sacrifice?
These costs reflect having to add staff to make the videos or outsource the production.

Bruce,
we have made MANY, MANY tutorial videos in our Team...for free, of course...
they are all on You Tube...but, sometimes they are limited to be seen only for some
Support groups. You can't watch it if you are not a member of those groups.

They might not be PROFESSIONAL as the official one from SFI should be...but,
they are HELPFUL...USEFUL to the new members...and, that is what counts
at the end .

The problem is...with all these changes...we need to update them frequently...
quite some work to do, really... as of now...we are waiting to see "the things a little bit
stable" and THEN we will make new videos.

We need to translate the Launchpad...AGAIN...but, we are waiting to see it
complete to do that.

So, yes,...quite a lot of work to do in front of us...
141x SUPPORT
Tanja K.

Montenegro

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posts: 7,827 | Followers: 1,142 | Joined SFI: May 25, 2015

| Edit settings