Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Negativity Breeds Contempt.

Posted 8 days ago, edited 8 days ago More by kevin d.

Just let me start this post of by saying this is just my opinion, and like everyone I am allowed to have one. I have been reading at the forum the last few days all these posts complaining about one thing or another. I also saw Gerry mention numerous times that certain things were not meant for the forum. SFI has under gone major changes in the last few months, maybe the biggest change is the new comp plan. Right away people ran to the forum and began complaining about loss of income, rather than put into action the plans laid out for us. I also saw somewhere how now SFI is set up for the Big Gurus but not the little people. I highly doubt that was the intention of Gerry and the rest of the SFI team. Also understand that when some of those Big Gurus started with SFI many years ago they had a very limited program compared to all of the great stuff we have now. Did they complain? NO they went out and worked harder to make it work, now look at the Big Gurus. Team building takes time and patience. I for one wouldn't want to come to the forum and see my upline being so negative in a public arena. If I have any issues I go to my sponsor in a private setting to chat with her, and we work through things. Also for the ones of you thinking about jumping ship and joining other online programs be warned many have outdated programs and splash pages bad comp plans, or a 7 day free trial then BAM you have to pay upfront. I think for everything we get here at SFI there is no reason we all cannot succeed. Stop looking at the tree and see the whole forest. SFI has made changes to benefit all of us, and if we follow the plans laid out I do not see why we all cannot be succesful. But at the end of the day what do you want? Once again this is just all my opinion. I wish you all continued success. Kevin Deaney
Just let me start this post of by saying this is just my opinion, and like everyone I am allowed to have one.
I have been reading at the forum the last few days all these posts complaining about one thing or another. I also saw Gerry mention numerous times that certain things were not meant for the forum.

SFI has under gone major changes in the last few months, maybe the biggest change is the new comp plan. Right away people ran to the forum and began complaining about loss of income, rather than put into action the plans laid out for us.

I also saw somewhere how now SFI is set up for the Big Gurus but not the little people. I highly doubt that was the intention of Gerry and the rest of the SFI team. Also understand that when some of those Big Gurus started with SFI many years ago they had a very limited program compared to all of the great stuff we have now.

Did they complain?

NO they went out and worked harder to make it work, now look at the Big Gurus. Team building takes time and patience.

I for one wouldn't want to come to the forum and see my upline being so negative in a public arena.

If I have any issues I go to my sponsor in a private setting to chat with her, and we work through things.

Also for the ones of you thinking about jumping ship and joining other online programs be warned many have outdated programs and splash pages bad comp plans, or a 7 day free trial then BAM you have to pay upfront. I think for everything we get here at SFI there is no reason we all cannot succeed.

Stop looking at the tree and see the whole forest. SFI has made changes to benefit all of us, and if we follow the plans laid out I do not see why we all cannot be succesful.

But at the end of the day what do you want?

Once again this is just all my opinion.

I wish you all continued success.

Kevin Deaney
kevin d.

United States

Posted 8 days ago, edited 8 days ago 1 Reply

[quote=1464696]Stop looking at the tree and see the whole forest. SFI has made changes to benefit all of us, and if we follow the plans laid out I do not see why we all cannot be succesful. But at the end of the day what do you want? Once again this is just all my opinion.[/quote] Kevin, very well said! I personally feel that we have the most solid foundation in place we've had in 20 years. The negativity is a normal part of the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_condition]human condition[/url] and [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_too_shall_pass]this too shall pass[/url]. Thanks :thumbsup: Leon McKee
kevin d. posted:
Stop looking at the tree and see the whole forest. SFI has made changes to benefit all of us, and if we follow the plans laid out I do not see why we all cannot be succesful.

Kevin, very well said! I personally feel that we have the most solid foundation in place we've had in 20 years. The negativity is a normal part of the human condition and this too shall pass. Thanks

Leon McKee
55x SUPPORT
Leon M.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 8 days ago, edited 8 days ago

[quote=1464701][quote=1464696]Stop looking at the tree and see the whole forest. SFI has made changes to benefit all of us, and if we follow the plans laid out I do not see why we all cannot be succesful. But at the end of the day what do you want? Once again this is just all my opinion.[/quote] Kevin, very well said! I personally feel that we have the most solid foundation in place we've had in 20 years. The negativity is a normal part of the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_condition]human condition[/url] and [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_too_shall_pass]this too shall pass[/url]. Thanks :thumbsup: Leon McKee[/quote] ================== I fully agree with you Leon and Kevin,. Allow me to mention that I fully believed that SFI will go BIG in our industry, - ever since SFI survived a period of almost 2 weeks where SFI had NO internet service in December 1998. No doubt that today is the best time to join SFI to prosper in [b]The Diamond Plan[/b], in the fastest time possible
Leon M. posted:
kevin d. posted:

Kevin, very well said! I personally feel that we have the most solid foundation in place we've had in 20 years. The negativity is a normal part of the human condition and this too shall pass. Thanks

Leon McKee

==================
I fully agree with you Leon and Kevin,.

Allow me to mention that I fully believed that SFI will go BIG in our industry, - ever since SFI survived a period of almost 2 weeks where SFI had NO internet service in December 1998.

No doubt that today is the best time to join SFI to prosper in The Diamond Plan, in the fastest time possible
2x SUPPORT
Bing O.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 8 days ago

I have to agree change can be difficult and usually is, but I must say that this is the most transparent company I have ever seen! If one feels that they must jump ship good luck but I am now here for the long haul and believe that with proper attitude and dedication we will succeed!
I have to agree change can be difficult and usually is, but I must say that this is the most transparent company I have ever seen!
If one feels that they must jump ship good luck but I am now here for the long haul and believe that with proper attitude and dedication we will succeed!

Mark L.

United States

Posted 8 days ago More by kevin d.

[quote=1464748]Kevin I don't agree with you. You are voicing your opinion which you have the right. All post are not in the pumping variety. Some people have legitimate concerns a sponsor cannot resolve for them. Many people saw a large reduction in their commissions which they worked hard to achieve. Especially after so many changes have been made over the last few years as one member stated. So please don't try to convince people to be happy about something if they are not. There is a thin line between being positive and being blind to a situation. Just my opinion.[/quote] I respect your opinion totally. I wasn't asking people to be happy about something if they are not. What I was trying to convey is that maybe the forum isn't necessarily the place to voice those concerns right away. Sometimes we say stuff in the heat of the moment and it can come out wrong or maybe we regret it later. I am not taking anything away from those people who have worked extremely hard like I have and have lost commissions, I myself didn't see an increase this month. I was encouraging people to see the bigger picture and plan for the up coming months. I think somewhere Gery said that many that had a decrease in income had a wide but not so deep team, I took that to mean that many of us me included need to restructure somewhat. I also am not blind to the situation as I have had many days when I have thought about giving up but I haven't so far. I wish you all the best. Kevin Deaney
Kevin

I don't agree with you. You are voicing your opinion which you have the right. All post are not in the pumping variety. Some people have legitimate concerns a sponsor cannot resolve for them. Many people saw a large reduction in their commissions which they worked hard to achieve. Especially after so many changes have been made over the last few years as one member stated. So please don't try to convince people to be happy about something if they are not. There is a thin line between being positive and being blind to a situation. Just my opinion.

I respect your opinion totally. I wasn't asking people to be happy about something if they are not. What I was trying to convey is that maybe the forum isn't necessarily the place to voice those concerns right away. Sometimes we say stuff in the heat of the moment and it can come out wrong or maybe we regret it later. I am not taking anything away from those people who have worked extremely hard like I have and have lost commissions, I myself didn't see an increase this month. I was encouraging people to see the bigger picture and plan for the up coming months.
I think somewhere Gery said that many that had a decrease in income had a wide but not so deep team, I took that to mean that many of us me included need to restructure somewhat.
I also am not blind to the situation as I have had many days when I have thought about giving up but I haven't so far.
I wish you all the best.
Kevin Deaney
kevin d.

United States

Liked by Zhumagul A.

Posted 8 days ago

hello Kevin very good reflection. Every platform needs management whenever it is necessary and everyone will suffer some small inconveniences but it is the tax to pay for the platform remains in motion.
hello Kevin
very good reflection. Every platform needs management whenever it is necessary and everyone will suffer some small inconveniences but it is the tax to pay for the platform remains in motion.
Mohammed H.

Morocco

Posted 8 days ago

Here's the question everyone needs to ask themselves: Would you rather hit a small speed bump in the road now...but be able to make 10x as much money in two years? Or would prefer to have no (temporary) disruption today and be earning only 10% of what you could have two years from now? Could the choice be any clearer?! The upgrades to the compensation plan are all about enabling everyone to earn MUCH more money. Is that not the reason why you joined SFI?
Here's the question everyone needs to ask themselves:

Would you rather hit a small speed bump in the road now...but be able to make 10x as much money in two years?

Or would prefer to have no (temporary) disruption today and be earning only 10% of what you could have two years from now?

Could the choice be any clearer?!

The upgrades to the compensation plan are all about enabling everyone to earn MUCH more money. Is that not the reason why you joined SFI?
Gery

United States

Posted 8 days ago

Thank you Kevin for the post. I agree that any issues should be resolved more internally and not publicly as to possibly discourage any one new or on the edge of giving up . I am fairly new to SFI as I joined in May. I can say this is the best online platform I have been involved with as long as you want to work and build. I have tried many other programs and while they were a learning experience I spent more of an investment with no return. I see the big picture here and am already earning a little bit and I am so encouraged that I have finally found my home!
Thank you Kevin for the post. I agree that any issues should be resolved more internally and not publicly as to possibly discourage any one new or on the edge of giving up . I am fairly new to SFI as I joined in May. I can say this is the best online platform I have been involved with as long as you want to work and build. I have tried many other programs and while they were a learning experience I spent more of an investment with no return. I see the big picture here and am already earning a little bit and I am so encouraged that I have finally found my home!
Teresa S.

United States

Posted 8 days ago

Totally concur with your viewpoint, Kevin. However, we should also be cognizant of the fact that we only can do so much to change (or convince otherwise) people or someone who doesn't see anything amiss in their actions. After all, remember as cliche as it may sound if you bring nothing but drama to the table, do not be surprised if everyone else gets up and leaves.
Totally concur with your viewpoint, Kevin.
However, we should also be cognizant of the fact that we only can do so much to change (or convince otherwise) people or someone who doesn't see anything amiss in their actions.
After all, remember as cliche as it may sound if you bring nothing but drama to the table, do not be surprised if everyone else gets up and leaves.
4x SUPPORT
MARTIN M.

Kenya

E365 Country Champion

Liked by kevin d. Dušica M.

Posted 8 days ago

Kelvin you just nailed it
Kelvin you just nailed it
Oghenevware E.

Nigeria

Posted 4 days ago

Hi, Dear Kevin! You mentioned it exactly! While agreeing with you, Leon & Bing, I wish to state & add further: We have been handed over the sweetest fruit in a Plater for all of us along with sharp knife, to cut it & eat it while relishing its Sweetness! Still if some wants to say that the fruit is over ripe &/or the Knife is too sharp, we can not but pity such souls. As Leon had put it that is a part of human tendency & it too shall pass! If we just look back, we can transparently see how much the Chief & his staff have struggled very much to bring the SFI in its current shape! I am sure people will realize the truth that SFI is the Best On Line business & the Compensation Plan is the most wonderful thing we have ever had!! Let us THINK BIG & AIM HIGH!! Thanks for your nice post! R.S. Sastry.
Hi, Dear Kevin!

You mentioned it exactly! While agreeing with you, Leon & Bing, I wish to state & add further:

We have been handed over the sweetest fruit in a Plater for all of us along with sharp knife, to cut it & eat it while relishing its Sweetness! Still if some wants to say that the fruit is over ripe &/or the Knife is too sharp, we can not but pity such souls. As Leon had put it that is a part of human tendency & it too shall pass!

If we just look back, we can transparently see how much the Chief & his staff have struggled very much to bring the SFI in its current shape! I am sure people will realize the truth that SFI is the Best On Line business & the Compensation Plan is the most wonderful thing we have ever had!! Let us THINK BIG & AIM HIGH!! Thanks for your nice post!

R.S. Sastry.
9x SUPPORT
Rallabandi S. S.

India

E365 Champion

| Edit settings