Grab up to 13,000 free, business-boosting CSAs when you advance your rank this month! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Astro auctions bidding

Posted 2 months ago

I was looking through some of the completed Astro auctions, and I see a lot of auctions for T-credits have higher winning bids than the number of T-credits in the auction item. For example, I saw an auction for 200 T-Credits that was won with a bid of 237 T-credits. My question is, what is the advantage of bidding more T-credits than you're going to win. If the prize is 100 T-credits, and one bidder bids 150, and another 151, then the winner has spent 151 T-credits and only gained 100. Do the extra prizes make it worth the difference? Just wondering what I'm missing here, to fully understand how I could be bidding.
I was looking through some of the completed Astro auctions, and I see a lot of auctions for T-credits have higher winning bids than the number of T-credits in the auction item.

For example, I saw an auction for 200 T-Credits that was won with a bid of 237 T-credits.

My question is, what is the advantage of bidding more T-credits than you're going to win. If the prize is 100 T-credits, and one bidder bids 150, and another 151, then the winner has spent 151 T-credits and only gained 100. Do the extra prizes make it worth the difference?

Just wondering what I'm missing here, to fully understand how I could be bidding.
5x SUPPORT
Robert B.

Canada

Posted 2 months ago

If you bid 237 TCredits using the constellation rewards option you will get at least 237x10 = 2370 Rewardicals = 790 VP, that's more than 21 VP for one TCredit. As you have won the auction you will get 200 T-credits. This means that you got 790 VP for 37 TCredts. The risk is that if you place let's say 237 Bids and someone else places 238 Bids, then you will get the 790 VP but you will end up using 237 T-Credits for that instead of 37 !
If you bid 237 TCredits using the constellation rewards option you will get at least 237x10 = 2370 Rewardicals = 790 VP, that's more than 21 VP for one TCredit. As you have won the auction you will get 200 T-credits. This means that you got 790 VP for 37 TCredts.

The risk is that if you place let's say 237 Bids and someone else places 238 Bids, then you will get the 790 VP but you will end up using 237 T-Credits for that instead of 37 !
7x SUPPORT
John S.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Liked by Michael Y.

Posted 2 months ago

[quote=1464834]I was looking through some of the completed Astro auctions, and I see a lot of auctions for T-credits have higher winning bids than the number of T-credits in the auction item. For example, I saw an auction for 200 T-Credits that was won with a bid of 237 T-credits. My question is, what is the advantage of bidding more T-credits than you're going to win. If the prize is 100 T-credits, and one bidder bids 150, and another 151, then the winner has spent 151 T-credits and only gained 100. Do the extra prizes make it worth the difference? Just wondering what I'm missing here, to fully understand how I could be bidding.[/quote] Hello Robert ! You can find the answer in a related thread posted yesterday by Michael A here https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1463887#post-1463887
Robert B. posted:
I was looking through some of the completed Astro auctions, and I see a lot of auctions for T-credits have higher winning bids than the number of T-credits in the auction item.

For example, I saw an auction for 200 T-Credits that was won with a bid of 237 T-credits.

My question is, what is the advantage of bidding more T-credits than you're going to win. If the prize is 100 T-credits, and one bidder bids 150, and another 151, then the winner has spent 151 T-credits and only gained 100. Do the extra prizes make it worth the difference?

Just wondering what I'm missing here, to fully understand how I could be bidding.

Hello Robert !

You can find the answer in a related thread posted yesterday by Michael A here

www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1463887#post-1463887
61x SUPPORT
Michael A.

Nigeria

E365 Champion

Liked by Michael Y.

Posted 2 months ago, edited 2 months ago

[quote=1464834]I was looking through some of the completed Astro auctions, and I see a lot of auctions for T-credits have higher winning bids than the number of T-credits in the auction item. For example, I saw an auction for 200 T-Credits that was won with a bid of 237 T-credits. My question is, what is the advantage of bidding more T-credits than you're going to win. If the prize is 100 T-credits, and one bidder bids 150, and another 151, then the winner has spent 151 T-credits and only gained 100. Do the extra prizes make it worth the difference? Just wondering what I'm missing here, to fully understand how I could be bidding.[/quote] Hello Robert B! :wave: I also started studying the Astro Auction Results of TCredits as well as the Amazon Gift Cards especially, in an attempt to form a bidding strategy. Like you, I'm also grappling with why bidders would place bids much higher than the actual prize value... :confused: Maybe they do so in an attempt to qualify for more Constellation Prizes...? As each bid guarantees a minimum of 10 Rewardicals, I suppose taking that into account PLUS all the added Constellation Prizes, for someone who has a lot of TCredits, it might be simply a strategic move to win the actual auction :trophy: It would be great if they can share why they do it so we can understand better. All the best with your bids in these auctions! :sparkles: Personally I'm replacing the PB Auctions with Astro Auctions as I not only earn the guaranteed minimum of 10 Rewardicals but also the Constellation Prizes! :clap: :clap: No more trying to win against seasoned bidders or those who are able to buy more TCredits to win what they desire. Astro Auctions really is more of a fair playing field, I think. :thumbsup: Kindest regards & God bless :pray: Jenny Julies
Robert B. posted:

Hello Robert B!

I also started studying the Astro Auction Results of TCredits as well as the Amazon Gift Cards especially, in an attempt to form a bidding strategy.

Like you, I'm also grappling with why bidders would place bids much higher than the actual prize value...

Maybe they do so in an attempt to qualify for more Constellation Prizes...?

As each bid guarantees a minimum of 10 Rewardicals, I suppose taking that into account PLUS all the added Constellation Prizes, for someone who has a lot of TCredits, it might be simply a strategic move to win the actual auction

It would be great if they can share why they do it so we can understand better.

All the best with your bids in these auctions!

Personally I'm replacing the PB Auctions with Astro Auctions as I not only earn the guaranteed minimum of 10 Rewardicals but also the Constellation Prizes!
No more trying to win against seasoned bidders or those who are able to buy more TCredits to win what they desire. Astro Auctions really is more of a fair playing field, I think.

Kindest regards & God bless

Jenny Julies
SUPPORT
JENNY J.

South Africa

E365 Champion

Liked by Michael Y.

Posted 2 months ago

isn't that number showing the total bids by all players?
isn't that number showing the total bids by all players?
75x SUPPORT
Tall Ship Pirate Cruise .

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago

Definitely, the highest bidders will win the astro auction. If you want to be the winner, put higher bet against your competitors even beyond the cost of the auction item? But when you put in your bet at fueling or boarding stage, you have terms to choose from. To cover up your loss, you need to win more rewardicals.
Definitely, the highest bidders will win the astro auction. If you want to be the winner, put higher bet against your competitors even beyond the cost of the auction item? But when you put in your bet at fueling or boarding stage, you have terms to choose from. To cover up your loss, you need to win more rewardicals.
6x SUPPORT
James N.

Malaysia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Liked by Ella T.

| Edit settings