Grab up to 13,000 free, business-boosting CSAs when you advance your rank this month! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

So What Does Pre-launch have to do with Internet Marketing?

Posted 9 days ago

Well, according to tried and proven InterNet Marketing (IM) principles... absolutely nothing. The concept of the '[i]pre-launch[/i]' has more to do with '[i]Get IN Quick[/i]' AND '[i]Get RICH Quick[/i]'. It has nothing to do with building a [b]stable and profitable business[/b] for people like you and me. No wonder established internet companies are tearing their hair out. They watch in horror as newbie internet companies launch themselves down cables into your living room and into your wallet. What they see is a lot of damage being done. Damage to people and damage to the this Industry. It's not so much [i]what[/i] is being sold in these programs, it's [i]how[/i] it's being sold that is of most concern. Thousands of people are being lured into programs by visions of luxury cars, holiday homes and unlimited income. Nothing wrong with this picture except... To make your business [b]stable and profitable[/b], you need a lot of people in your business selling [i]product[/i]; dreams of owning cars, houses, bagfuls of money and incredible lifestyles! What happens when you get a whole lot of people in your business chasing such a dream? If you haven't already guessed or been through the experience, let me tell you... You get a whole lot of people in your business dreaming! If there is one concept about this thread that I want you to take away with you after reading this, it's this... [b]"There are few sellers in the land of dreams."[/b] If you were sold a dream, guess what you're going to have to sell to the next person? When the [i]hype[/i] dies, so will your business. Unfortunately, so will your dream and the dreams of many others. This, of course, raises questions about responsibility and accountability... So, how do you build a stable and profitable business using the internet? Well, the first step is to [b]get your thinking right[/b]. Internet Marketing is a people business so you first need people to join with you. Then be successful you need to stop thinking "[i]What can I get?[/i]" and start thinking "[i]What can I give?[/i]". This is sometimes referred to as moving from a mind-set of [i]survival[/i] to a mind-set of [i]contribution[/i] . A definition of [b]survival[/b] thinking is focusing on what you need to say and do to make a living. This is evidenced by playing life safe, rarely stepping outside your comfort zone, working a 9 to 5 and focusing on retirement. People who are in survival mode need constant re-assurance. This is, for example, why people rush home from work to catch the 6.00 news and avidly thumb their way through daily newspapers. Here they find constant re-assurance in the stories of all those poor people who [i]didn't[/i] survive. Surprise! [b]One of the most watched television programs of all times was called 'Survivor' where 99% of people didn't survive! [/b] As long as you think survival you will stay there. In fact, you'll be trapped! This thinking will limit your success in all that you do including, what you learn, your relationships, your work, and life itself. One thing is for certain... [i]If you go into Business thinking [b]survival[/b], you will fail. [/i] For your business to be successful through Internet Marketing, you need a whole lot of people in your business [b]SELLING product.[/b] By offering a [i]fantastic lifestyle[/i] and not much else, you will attract a measure of BUYERS. [b]Your success, however, relies on SELLERS.[/b] The BUYERS you attracted are mostly [i]survivors[/i]. These are [i]not[/i] the people you want in your business. These are [i]not[/i] the people who will step outside their comfort zone and sell product. I'll say it again... [b]"There are few sellers in the land of dreams".[/b] Now, here is what I call a [b]Blinding Flash of the Obvious... [/b] [b]Your success in Internet Marketing depends on your ability to turn BUYERS into SELLERS.[/b] The only way you can do this is to start from [b]"What can [i]I[/i] do that will help [i]this[/i] person in [i]my[/i] business succeed"[/b]. You've got to take an interest in people. You've got to teach them all you know; give them all you've got. Contribute until it hurts! AND when you do, teach them to do the same. Can anyone do this? [b]Yes[/b]. Is it hard work? [b]Yes[/b]. Will you have ups and downs? [b]Yes[/b]. Can it change your life? [b]Yes![/b] Network Marketing is the most efficient means of marketing any product or service. It can be as exhilarating as it is exciting. It can bring you all the financial rewards it promises. The difference between those that [i]win[/i] and those that [i]lose[/i] is how you play the game. [list] Believe in yourself and your product [/list] [list] Invest in your product [/list] [list] Set personal goals [/list] [list] Invest in tools to promote your business [/list] [list] Systemize everything [/list] [list] Contribute - be willing to coach others [/list] [list] Work hard at the start [/list] [list] Enjoy the ride! [/list] There is more to come so please stay tuned and use this if you think it will help those who join you in your business and need guidance.
Well, according to tried and proven InterNet Marketing (IM) principles... absolutely nothing. The concept of the 'pre-launch' has more to do with 'Get IN Quick' AND 'Get RICH Quick'. It has nothing to do with building a stable and profitable business for people like you and me.

No wonder established internet companies are tearing their hair out. They watch in horror as newbie internet companies launch themselves down cables into your living room and into your wallet. What they see is a lot of damage being done. Damage to people and damage to the this Industry.

It's not so much what is being sold in these programs, it's how it's being sold that is of most concern. Thousands of people are being lured into programs by visions of luxury cars, holiday homes and unlimited income. Nothing wrong with this picture except...

To make your business stable and profitable, you need a lot of people in your business selling product; dreams of owning cars, houses, bagfuls of money and incredible lifestyles!

What happens when you get a whole lot of people in your business chasing such a dream? If you haven't already guessed or been through the experience, let me tell you... You get a whole lot of people in your business dreaming!

If there is one concept about this thread that I want you to take away with you after reading this, it's this... "There are few sellers in the land of dreams."

If you were sold a dream, guess what you're going to have to sell to the next person? When the hype dies, so will your business. Unfortunately, so will your dream and the dreams of many others. This, of course, raises questions about responsibility and accountability... So, how do you build a stable and profitable business using the internet?

Well, the first step is to get your thinking right. Internet Marketing is a people business so you first need people to join with you. Then be successful you need to stop thinking "What can I get?" and start thinking "What can I give?".

This is sometimes referred to as moving from a mind-set of survival to a mind-set of contribution .

A definition of survival thinking is focusing on what you need to say and do to make a living. This is evidenced by playing life safe, rarely stepping outside your comfort zone, working a 9 to 5 and focusing on retirement. People who are in survival mode need constant re-assurance. This is, for example, why people rush home from work to catch the 6.00 news and avidly thumb their way through daily newspapers. Here they find constant re-assurance in the stories of all those poor people who didn't survive. Surprise! One of the most watched television programs of all times was called 'Survivor' where 99% of people didn't survive!

As long as you think survival you will stay there. In fact, you'll be trapped! This thinking will limit your success in all that you do including, what you learn, your relationships, your work, and life itself. One thing is for certain... If you go into Business thinking survival, you will fail.

For your business to be successful through Internet Marketing, you need a whole lot of people in your business SELLING product. By offering a fantastic lifestyle and not much else, you will attract a measure of BUYERS. Your success, however, relies on SELLERS.

The BUYERS you attracted are mostly survivors. These are not the people you want in your business. These are not the people who will step outside their comfort zone and sell product. I'll say it again... "There are few sellers in the land of dreams".

Now, here is what I call a Blinding Flash of the Obvious...
Your success in Internet Marketing depends on your ability to turn BUYERS into SELLERS.

The only way you can do this is to start from "What can I do that will help this person in my business succeed". You've got to take an interest in people. You've got to teach them all you know; give them all you've got. Contribute until it hurts! AND when you do, teach them to do the same. Can anyone do this? Yes. Is it hard work? Yes. Will you have ups and downs? Yes. Can it change your life? Yes!

Network Marketing is the most efficient means of marketing any product or service. It can be as exhilarating as it is exciting. It can bring you all the financial rewards it promises. The difference between those that win and those that lose is how you play the game.

Believe in yourself and your product

Invest in your product

Set personal goals

Invest in tools to promote your business

Systemize everything

Contribute - be willing to coach others

Work hard at the start

Enjoy the ride!

There is more to come so please stay tuned and use this if you think it will help those who join you in your business and need guidance.
SUPPORT
Johnny and Christine ..

New Zealand

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Thank you for this very thoughtful thread! He should shake us all and at the same time sharpen our senses. Dreams are fundamentally important and have already brought humanity far. At some point, however, the recovery phase should begin and the actions be carried out with reason. If I'm just chasing a dream, I'm not smarter than a herd of sheep! I hope that many SFIer read and understand your thread. Then your intention has materialized! I wish you continued success and more such wise threads!
Thank you for this very thoughtful thread!
He should shake us all and at the same time sharpen our senses.
Dreams are fundamentally important and have already brought humanity far.
At some point, however, the recovery phase should begin and the actions be carried out with reason.
If I'm just chasing a dream, I'm not smarter than a herd of sheep!
I hope that many SFIer read and understand your thread.
Then your intention has materialized!
I wish you continued success and more such wise threads!
Hans-Peter S.

Germany

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Dear Johnny and Christine, Great exposition on online marketing you just put out here. For newbies online network marketers like me, it's such great help and blessing to learn from gurus such as you. Thank you so much.
Dear Johnny and Christine,

Great exposition on online marketing you just put out here.
For newbies online network marketers like me, it's such great
help and blessing to learn from gurus such as you.

Thank you so much.
5x SUPPORT
Gabriel E.

Nigeria

Posted 9 days ago

Thank you team Johnny and Christine. Very insightful learnings.
Thank you team Johnny and Christine. Very insightful learnings.
SUPPORT
njuguna K.

Kenya

E365 Champion

Posted 9 days ago

Thank you Johnny and Christine for a great post. Can't wait to read more. As you said, I have seen a lot of those companies selling the dream and have bought into some of them. However, Ihave learned to look past the shiny cars and fancy houses and look at what they are really selling and what it would take to be successful with their plan. I now know that if I want to be successful I have to find like minded people and show them how to become successful themselves. I will not tell them " All you have to do is point and click and you will get rich." Because there is more to it than that. We have to be ready to open ourselves up to disappointment and do what ever it takes to get the word out there about our business. Not everyone is suited for network marketing, but if we can find those who are willing to learn and to put in the effort, we will become successful. We must remember that there is no I in Team and that we all must work together for everyone's success. Good luck.
Thank you Johnny and Christine for a great post. Can't wait to read more.
As you said, I have seen a lot of those companies selling the dream and have bought into some of them. However, Ihave learned to look past the shiny cars and fancy houses and look at what they are really selling and what it would take to be successful with their plan.
I now know that if I want to be successful I have to find like minded people and show them how to become successful themselves. I will not tell them " All you have to do is point and click and you will get rich." Because there is more to it than that.
We have to be ready to open ourselves up to disappointment and do what ever it takes to get the word out there about our business.
Not everyone is suited for network marketing, but if we can find those who are willing to learn and to put in the effort, we will become successful.
We must remember that there is no I in Team and that we all must work together for everyone's success.

Good luck.
Sara F.

United States

Liked by Svetlana V.

Posted 9 days ago

Great thread Johnny an Christine. If everyone reads and digest this information you are on your way. No one but you can do this. This information is concise and should become your bible for Network Marketing. It is that valuable.
Great thread Johnny an Christine. If everyone reads and digest this information you are on your way. No one but you can do this. This information is concise and should become your bible for Network Marketing. It is that valuable.
Robert B.

United States

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Hi Johnny and Christine, I keep coming back to read your thread, it is very motivating. Just now as I was reading, this is what came to my mind: Through out my 67 years of life, I have been told about dreaming big. I have also been reminded that dreams are for those who are sleep. There are a lot of things in life that over whelm us and cause us to slumber. When we are young, our parents may be the ones to wake us and tell us to get up so we don't be late for school and tell us how school is necessary for our successful future. Later, it may be a spouse or a friend that reminds us to get to work on building our future - either on a job or a business venture. Your thread is one of those friendly reminders for me, that we can Dream big, but then we need to wake up and get to work on building our dreams into a reality. Thanks my friend
Hi Johnny and Christine,

I keep coming back to read your thread, it is very motivating. Just now as I was reading, this is what came to my mind:

Through out my 67 years of life, I have been told about dreaming big. I have also been reminded that dreams are for those who are sleep. There are a lot of things in life that over whelm us and cause us to slumber.

When we are young, our parents may be the ones to wake us and tell us to get up so we don't be late for school and tell us how school is necessary for our successful future. Later, it may be a spouse or a friend that reminds us to get to work on building our future - either on a job or a business venture.

Your thread is one of those friendly reminders for me, that we can Dream big, but then we need to wake up and get to work on building our dreams into a reality.

Thanks my friend
31x SUPPORT
Sherwood L.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

Liked by Aleksandar J.

| Edit settings