Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

SFI. Not a job: Your Own Business!

must-read post

Posted 2 months ago, edited 2 months ago More by Raymond L.

I have been an active member and business owner here since Dec, 16,2016. I own my own Business. I decide my own actions while, like any business, being regulated by a code of ethics and rules and regulations. I agreed to this code of ethics when I signed in. I am perfectly happy with the actual conditions; of course, nothing is perfect. But here I am reading all about Forum articles, testimonials, and materials that I read, Affiliates, EA, BTL are commenting on their success and calling this: I am so happy with this JOB? NO! It's a Business Opportunity to create your OWN Business for FREE. And, until we make the transition to the right appellation, you will always have people answering your ads asking: How much is the hourly rate? And, we will not be recognized as a Major Affiliate Company until we, as Business Owners , call it creating our Own Business. Let's call a Business a Business: NOT a JOB!
I have been an active member and business owner here since Dec, 16,2016. I own my own Business. I decide my own actions while, like any business, being regulated by a code of ethics and rules and regulations.
I agreed to this code of ethics when I signed in.

I am perfectly happy with the actual conditions; of course, nothing is perfect.

But here I am reading all about Forum articles, testimonials, and materials that I read, Affiliates, EA, BTL are commenting on their success and calling this: I am so happy with this JOB? NO! It's a Business Opportunity to create your OWN Business for FREE.

And, until we make the transition to the right appellation, you will always have people answering your ads asking: How much is the hourly rate?

And, we will not be recognized as a Major Affiliate Company until we, as Business Owners , call it creating our Own Business.

Let's call a Business a Business: NOT a JOB!
5x SUPPORT
Raymond L.

Canada

E365 Country Champion

Posted 2 months ago

you are right this is a platform to create your own business with all aid available to help your business grow
you are right this is a platform to create your own business with all aid available to help your business grow
Adekoya M.

Nigeria

Posted 2 months ago

Well said, Raymond! Yes, it is a business; our own business. A job means someone (a boss or company) is going to pay you for work you do for them. In our situation, we must pay ourselves by the type, way and amount of work and effort we put into keeping our business operating and growing. If we do not have the attitude of entreprenueral leadership, recognizing that if it is to be it is up to me our business will die on the vine, and wither away. A positive attitude, with positive actions will make a world of difference in our leadership role as the boss of our own business.
Well said, Raymond! Yes, it is a business; our own business. A job means someone (a boss or company) is going to pay you for work you do for them. In our situation, we must pay ourselves by the type, way and amount of work and effort we put into keeping our business operating and growing. If we do not have the attitude of entreprenueral leadership, recognizing that if it is to be it is up to me our business will die on the vine, and wither away.
A positive attitude, with positive actions will make a world of difference in our leadership role as the boss of our own business.
6x SUPPORT
Agnes C.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago More by Raymond L.

Hi Agness C., One angle I forgot to mention is: These people talking about being satisfied with their jobs are not newcomers. They have been here for 6 or 7 years and they still call this a JOB. This has to stop. It's your OWN Business!
Hi Agness C., One angle I forgot to mention is: These people talking about being satisfied with their jobs are not newcomers.
They have been here for 6 or 7 years and they still call this a JOB. This has to stop.

It's your OWN Business!
5x SUPPORT
Raymond L.

Canada

E365 Country Champion

Posted 2 months ago More by Bruce H. 1 Reply

Raymond L - Your post states the importance of realizing that the Marketing Business Opportunity. MBO, is not a JOB - which translates into = Just Over Broke. Also the Free Opportunity is the best way possible to start your very own MBO. All the Training, your direction and guidance, are No Charge. (Way back in my Marketing career, around 1952, I still remember that I had just finished my presentation and in my summation of same, I told my prospect that I knew the one Free aspect, he said hold it, let me give you a tip. I said, I welcome it. Son, he said, never use the word Free again. I said, why? He said, nothing in this world is free. Instead, sonny, use 2 words from now on. The two words are "No Charge." I said, Thanks for the advice. So let me repeat, Your Great Opportunity in your very own Marketing Business Opportunity (MBO), is No Charge. He also told me he did'nt think all the degrees received in higher education never did impress him, but good his good old "hard work" did. (now, on the lighter side.)- I asked him what do you have against degrees. He said sonny, good question, let me enlighten you, BS= stands for Bull _ _ _ _, the MS= stands for More of the Same, & PHD= stands for - Piled Higher & Deeper. ha-he-ha-he. (Bet Glicy P. uses this one.) (Why do I always single her out?) - (Because she always strikes back, I guess.)hahe. Bless you and yours. Bruce Harper
Raymond L - Your post states the importance of realizing that the Marketing Business Opportunity. MBO, is not a
JOB - which translates into = Just Over Broke. Also the Free Opportunity is the best way possible to start your very
own MBO. All the Training, your direction and guidance, are No Charge. (Way back in my Marketing career, around
1952, I still remember that I had just finished my presentation and in my summation of same, I told my prospect that
I knew the one Free aspect, he said hold it, let me give you a tip. I said, I welcome it. Son, he said, never use the word Free
again. I said, why? He said, nothing in this world is free. Instead, sonny, use 2 words from now on. The two words are "No
Charge." I said, Thanks for the advice. So let me repeat, Your Great Opportunity in your very own Marketing Business
Opportunity (MBO), is No Charge. He also told me he did'nt think all the degrees received in higher education never did
impress him, but good his good old "hard work" did. (now, on the lighter side.)- I asked him what do you have against
degrees. He said sonny, good question, let me enlighten you, BS= stands for Bull _ _ _ _, the MS= stands for More of the
Same, & PHD= stands for - Piled Higher & Deeper. ha-he-ha-he. (Bet Glicy P. uses this one.) (Why do I always single her
out?) - (Because she always strikes back, I guess.)hahe. Bless you and yours.

Bruce Harper
15x SUPPORT
Bruce H.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago

Great point Raymond! I have had new PSAs ask me: How much will I pay them? and "What is their job?" Sadly when I explain this is their own business and how commissions are earned, they leave. Those people are seeking a job and probably a good thing they do leave. We need the ones that know this is their own business and are able to portray that to others as well. As to why there are some old timers referring to it as a job, not sure why that is. I believe that they know they have a business and are possibly just referring to their "job" of running their business. In the forum maybe not such a big deal. When advertising, promoting, or just sharing with others in general, it's important not to mislead people by referring to it as a JOB. It is a business!
Great point Raymond! I have had new PSAs ask me: How much will I pay them? and "What is their job?" Sadly when I explain this is their own business and how commissions are earned, they leave. Those people are seeking a job and probably a good thing they do leave. We need the ones that know this is their own business and are able to portray that to others as well.
As to why there are some old timers referring to it as a job, not sure why that is. I believe that they know they have a business and are possibly just referring to their "job" of running their business. In the forum maybe not such a big deal. When advertising, promoting, or just sharing with others in general, it's important not to mislead people by referring to it as a JOB. It is a business!
John D.

United States

E365 Country Champion

Posted 2 months ago

I agree with you Raymond that this is not a job. It's a opportunity to invest and encourage your team members to elevate. So many people join the SFIMG system and expect to get money quickly. You won't get anything quickly here. Like anything else meaningful, it takes time.
I agree with you Raymond that this is not a job. It's a opportunity to invest and encourage your team members to elevate. So many people join the SFIMG system and expect to get money quickly. You won't get anything quickly here. Like anything else meaningful, it takes time.
5x SUPPORT
Stephen B.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 2 months ago

Hi Raymond L, Indeed a BUSINESS is a BUSINESS: NOT a JOB. Let me say, SFI is my own home office and business. No working hours but [b]"SUCCESS"[/b] depends upon my own commitment. "While I make commitment, I build hope on my business, when I keep it, I build trust on myself". Let go for it...
Hi Raymond L,

Indeed a BUSINESS is a BUSINESS: NOT a JOB.

Let me say, SFI is my own home office and business. No working hours but "SUCCESS" depends upon my own commitment.

"While I make commitment, I build hope on my business, when I keep it, I build trust on myself".

Let go for it...
SUPPORT
Timan M.

Kiribati

E365 Country Champion

Posted 2 months ago

Hi, Even though we know better this being a business I agree with you that we have to mind our language. It is so important to convey SFI as a business opportunity and not a job. Everybody talking about a job allows the inference of this being a 9 to 5 job with hourly rates AND somebody who tells you what you need to do. As a business owner you have to have a different attitude this being responsible for every step you take - or not take. The great setup you find in SFI is that you have free courses, a free business system (mailings, notifications etc.), and hundreds of mentors (forum), not to mention your sponsor, your upline and the co-sponsors. It is your business but you are not alone. SFI provides the best business setup I have seen on the Internet - and a long history of being successful. Not a nice idea that will disappear eventually. This is a proven system that has been here for many years and will be here for the years to come. This is out business opportunity and not a job. Let's name it for what it is. To our success. Kirsten
Hi,

Even though we know better this being a business I agree with you that we have to mind our language. It is so important to convey SFI as a business opportunity and not a job. Everybody talking about a job allows the inference of this being a 9 to 5 job with hourly rates AND somebody who tells you what you need to do. As a business owner you have to have a different attitude this being responsible for every step you take - or not take.

The great setup you find in SFI is that you have free courses, a free business system (mailings, notifications etc.), and hundreds of mentors (forum), not to mention your sponsor, your upline and the co-sponsors. It is your business but you are not alone. SFI provides the best business setup I have seen on the Internet - and a long history of being successful. Not a nice idea that will disappear eventually. This is a proven system that has been here for many years and will be here for the years to come.

This is out business opportunity and not a job. Let's name it for what it is.

To our success.

Kirsten
2x SUPPORT
Kirsten R.

Germany

E365 Champion

Posted 2 months ago

I call it a On-Line-franchise . They change rules and run SFI. We can get fired for disobeying them. This is necessary as the U.S.A. has certain rules that our company must follow or be shut down. In life we all answer to someone. If you work on line or off line, you must work to expect to get paid. Even those that own their own company go to work and see to it things run smoothly.
I call it a On-Line-franchise .
They change rules and run SFI.
We can get fired for disobeying them.
This is necessary as the U.S.A. has certain rules that our company must follow or be shut down.

In life we all answer to someone.
If you work on line or off line, you must work to expect to get paid.
Even those that own their own company go to work and see to it things run smoothly.
37x SUPPORT
mary b.

United States

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #20

Posted 2 months ago

Many who do not see SFI as their own business are those who complain all the time for lack of sponsors help or after login in, they bold out feeling unfulfilled and after a year or two when they now see their committed friend earning a true money for job done, they now realize their folly So, see SFI as your business ...then other incentive and suport for success will follow....and you will smile at last..
Many who do not see SFI as their own business are those
who complain all the time for lack of sponsors help
or after login in, they bold out feeling unfulfilled
and after a year or two when they now see their committed
friend earning a true money for job done, they now realize their folly
So, see SFI as your business ...then other incentive and suport
for success will follow....and you will smile at last..
5x SUPPORT
Ofuonyebi '.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion

Posted 2 months ago 1 Reply

It seems very unfortunate that the majority of affiliates in SFI are job seekers expecting to earn without working. These are people who get use to daily and monthly expected income from their occupation/employment. I take this business as part time and earn side income while building it up. It's worth my effort as I'm able to reinvest my income into the business and that has helped me to save cost. Most people are comfortable being employed and depending on one source of income. Some others are adventurous, looking for the extra income to fulfill their needs. Today we have unlimited sources of income. Pick any one that we are interested and willing to put our spare time into productivity.
It seems very unfortunate that the majority of affiliates in SFI are job seekers expecting to earn without working. These are people who get use to daily and monthly expected income from their occupation/employment. I take this business as part time and earn side income while building it up. It's worth my effort as I'm able to reinvest my income into the business and that has helped me to save cost. Most people are comfortable being employed and depending on one source of income.
Some others are adventurous, looking for the extra income to fulfill their needs. Today we have unlimited sources of income. Pick any one that we are interested and willing to put our spare time into productivity.
8x SUPPORT
James N.

Malaysia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

| Edit settings