Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Brain Sprint frustration

Posted 7 days ago More by David L.

Playing Brain Sprint I was getting very frustrated because I knew the answer and when I typed it in I was told it was the wrong answer. I looked at a few more clues and my answer had to be the correct one. But once again I was outfoxed. Finally I decided to look up the word and found indeed my answer was correct each time. The problem wasn't the word but my spelling of it. Well, I guess that this is a good way for all of us to improve our spelling. I have also noticed that sometimes we don't pronounce our words correctly so we spell them about the way we pronounce them, thereby messing up both. Funny thing is that I was so sure my spelling was correct that when I put it in the second time I didn't change a letter. Of course if a word is deemed wrong, it's wrong. By trying to spell it the same way changes nothing. I didn't feel to intelligent after that. Lol.
Playing Brain Sprint I was getting very frustrated because I knew the answer and when I typed it in I was told it was the wrong answer. I looked at a few more clues and my answer had to be the correct one. But once again I was outfoxed. Finally I decided to look up the word and found indeed my answer was correct each time. The problem wasn't the word but my spelling of it.

Well, I guess that this is a good way for all of us to improve our spelling. I have also noticed that sometimes we don't pronounce our words correctly so we spell them about the way we pronounce them, thereby messing up both.

Funny thing is that I was so sure my spelling was correct that when I put it in the second time I didn't change a letter. Of course if a word is deemed wrong, it's wrong. By trying to spell it the same way changes nothing.
I didn't feel to intelligent after that. Lol.
2x SUPPORT
David L.

United States

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 7 days ago More by Gliceria P.

Pardon me, David, but are you referring to Hidden games? There are no foxes on Brain Sprint:relaxed: hehehe!
Pardon me, David, but are you referring to Hidden games? There are no foxes on Brain Sprint
hehehe!
38x SUPPORT
Gliceria P.

Australia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 7 days ago More by Janet S. 1 Reply

I have also found this David.....firstly there are a few spelling errors but importantly there is a difference in spelling between America and Australia. Perhaps the powers that be could make several correct answers dependent on different country spellings. A ticket would need to be put in for this.
I have also found this David.....firstly there are a few spelling errors but importantly there is a difference in spelling between America and Australia. Perhaps the powers that be could make several correct answers dependent on different country spellings. A ticket would need to be put in for this.
7x SUPPORT
Janet S.

Australia

E365 Champion

Posted 7 days ago More by Janet S.

Well caught Gliceria ha ha. Just shows I should read more and take it in.
Well caught Gliceria ha ha. Just shows I should read more and take it in.
7x SUPPORT
Janet S.

Australia

E365 Champion

Posted 7 days ago

Yes your situation would be annoying and you made me feel a little better as I have had the same thing happen to me several times. I was really getting discussed with the game. Thanks for your input now I just have to get smarter.
Yes your situation would be annoying and you made me feel a little better as I have had the same thing happen to me several times. I was really getting discussed with the game. Thanks for your input now I just have to get smarter.
9x SUPPORT
Norman T.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 7 days ago

[quote=1549742]Playing Brain Sprint I was getting very frustrated because I knew the answer and when I typed it in I was told it was the wrong answer. I looked at a few more clues and my answer had to be the correct one. But once again I was outfoxed. Finally I decided to look up the word and found indeed my answer was correct each time. The problem wasn't the word but my spelling of it. Well, I guess that this is a good way for all of us to improve our spelling. I have also noticed that sometimes we don't pronounce our words correctly so we spell them about the way we pronounce them, thereby messing up both. Funny thing is that I was so sure my spelling was correct that when I put it in the second time I didn't change a letter. Of course if a word is deemed wrong, it's wrong. By trying to spell it the same way changes nothing. I didn't feel to intelligent after that. Lol.[/quote] There is always the probability that due to BUG or error, 1% of the questions you answer correctly will be wrong. So do not take this much to your heart, all of us are doing it.
David L. posted:
Playing Brain Sprint I was getting very frustrated because I knew the answer and when I typed it in I was told it was the wrong answer. I looked at a few more clues and my answer had to be the correct one. But once again I was outfoxed. Finally I decided to look up the word and found indeed my answer was correct each time. The problem wasn't the word but my spelling of it.

Well, I guess that this is a good way for all of us to improve our spelling. I have also noticed that sometimes we don't pronounce our words correctly so we spell them about the way we pronounce them, thereby messing up both.

Funny thing is that I was so sure my spelling was correct that when I put it in the second time I didn't change a letter. Of course if a word is deemed wrong, it's wrong. By trying to spell it the same way changes nothing.
I didn't feel to intelligent after that. Lol.

There is always the probability that due to BUG or error, 1% of the questions you answer correctly will be wrong. So do not take this much to your heart, all of us are doing it.
33x SUPPORT
Snezana M.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion

Posted 7 days ago

Hi David ! You meant the Hidden, not Brain Sprint, didn't you? Speaking about Hidden, the main point is to guess the correct word , with all characters - letters in correct order. And, you're right - it may help us to improve our English so I really do like the Game ! Best regards !
Hi David !

You meant the Hidden, not Brain Sprint, didn't you?

Speaking about Hidden, the main point is to guess the correct word , with all characters - letters in correct order. And, you're right - it may help us to improve our English so I really do like the Game !

Best regards !
307x SUPPORT
Sead Š.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #4

Posted 7 days ago 1 Reply

Hello, You are correct in the way you feel it But I am frustrated for different reason. When I see one letter given to fill for 14 letter word then I should be correct if I can give word which is meaningful having the letter in the same position. I should be correct . Am I thinking some thing wrong ?? Muhammad Luqman
Hello,
You are correct in the way you feel it But
I am frustrated for different reason. When I see
one letter given to fill for 14 letter word then I should
be correct if I can give word which is meaningful having the letter
in the same position. I should be correct .
Am I thinking some thing wrong ??
Muhammad Luqman

4x SUPPORT
Muhammad L.

Bangladesh

E365 Champion

Posted 7 days ago

Hi David! LOL 😁😁😁 It's not easy to play Hidden if your english isn't perfect but you have google and lot of dictionarys where you can see the correct spelling of the word 😁😁 good luck next time 😁😁😁 and enjoy playing. Regards, Sonja
Hi David! LOL 😁😁😁
It's not easy to play Hidden if your english isn't perfect but you have google and lot of dictionarys where you can see the correct spelling of the word 😁😁 good luck next time 😁😁😁 and enjoy playing.
Regards, Sonja
4x SUPPORT
Sonja U.

Croatia

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 7 days ago

I have also the same problem. I am still unsuccessful in Hidden Game. I am annoyed but not Frustrated. I have been trying and trying.So far I have completed 8 words. taking the help of all clues. I have to be successful in these new two games to reach the the next rank of Badge quest Contest in which I am nearing .
I have also the same problem. I am still unsuccessful in Hidden Game. I am annoyed but not Frustrated.
I have been trying and trying.So far I have completed 8 words. taking the help of all clues.
I have to be successful in these new two games to reach the the next rank of Badge quest Contest in which I am nearing .
4x SUPPORT
SUJOY C.

India

E365 Champion

Posted 7 days ago More by Gliceria P. 2 Replies

What happened to the icons under my name? No more likes for me?:cry: Just curious...if I'm on the outside, then so be it.
What happened to the icons under my name? No more likes for me?

Just curious...if I'm on the outside, then so be it.
38x SUPPORT
Gliceria P.

Australia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 7 days ago More by Gliceria P.

Ooppps, it's back again...sorry about the fuss. But why only 1 icon, what happened to the rest:question::flushed:
Ooppps, it's back again...sorry about the fuss. But why only 1 icon, what happened to the rest
38x SUPPORT
Gliceria P.

Australia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

| Edit settings