Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

NEW Caution Flag Icon on Forum Posts

Posted 5 days ago More by Stephen D.

Notice the NEW Caution Flag Icon on the top of every Forum Post. Use it Carefully. If it functions as I suggested, it will instantly place a warning message for other Readers that the Post is thought to contain a Serious mistake or error and will be reviewed by a Moderator. The Caution/Warning can and should soon be either Removed or Supported and left in-place by the Moderator. https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1548873#post-1548873 Best Wishes SFI Team,
Notice the NEW Caution Flag Icon on the top of every Forum Post.

Use it Carefully.

If it functions as I suggested, it will instantly place a warning message for other Readers that the Post is thought to contain a Serious mistake or error and will be reviewed by a Moderator.

The Caution/Warning can and should soon be either Removed or Supported and left in-place by the Moderator.
www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1548873#post-1548873

Best Wishes SFI Team,
14x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #10

Posted 5 days ago More by Gery 1 Reply

Thanks for starting this thread, Stephen...and thank you and others on the earlier thread that allowed us to come up with a fairly quick solution just by appending an existing feature. I hope everyone will keep it in mind and use it (judiciously of course) when obvious errors or other inaccurate information has been posted. And to be clear, this is not about shaming anyone (we all make mistakes); we just want to provide the most accurate information and best experience possible at our awesome forum! Thanks again!
Thanks for starting this thread, Stephen...and thank you and others on the earlier thread that allowed us to come up with a fairly quick solution just by appending an existing feature.

I hope everyone will keep it in mind and use it (judiciously of course) when obvious errors or other inaccurate information has been posted. And to be clear, this is not about shaming anyone (we all make mistakes); we just want to provide the most accurate information and best experience possible at our awesome forum!

Thanks again!
Gery

United States

Posted 5 days ago

Yes, I couldn't agree more. I call it a "check". This means, it will help everyone to make research and get more knowledge before respondong to any forum post to avoid inaccurate or mis-information.
Yes, I couldn't agree more.
I call it a "check".
This means, it will help everyone to make research and get more knowledge before respondong to any forum post to avoid inaccurate or mis-information.
13x SUPPORT
Olufunmilola O.

Nigeria

E365 Runner Up
Guru Rank: #15

Posted 5 days ago

Hi Stephen, Thanks for the heads up. I will make sure my information is accurate and true. This is a good thing.
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the heads up. I will make sure my information is accurate
and true. This is a good thing.
18x SUPPORT
Hartense S.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 5 days ago

Hello Stephen, I was issued with one of these warnings and at the time felt it was issued very unfairly; I did send a ticket to support raising my concerns. However, the warning sign was only in place around 48 hours. Maybe we should be looking at a three strike system before a public warning is placed on your posts. Also, maybe it has to be verified that an infringement has been made by a second party. Just an opinion James M
Hello Stephen, I was issued with one of these warnings and at the time felt it was issued very unfairly; I did send a ticket to support raising my concerns. However, the warning sign was only in place around 48 hours. Maybe we should be looking at a three strike system before a public warning is placed on your posts.
Also, maybe it has to be verified that an infringement has been made by a second party.

Just an opinion

James M

4x SUPPORT
James M.

Cambodia

Posted 5 days ago More by Vladimir B. 2 Replies

Yes nice is that there is that option, and that's fine, I just hope that there will be abuse and will continue to be punished anyway ...
Yes nice is that there is that option, and that's fine, I just hope that there will be abuse and will continue to be punished anyway ...
2x SUPPORT
Vladimir B.

Serbia

Posted 5 days ago, edited 5 days ago More by Stephen D.

[quote=1551213]Yes nice is that there is that option, and that's fine, I just hope that there will ([u][b]NOT[/b][/u]) be abuse and will continue to be punished anyway ...[/quote] Respectfully Vladimir; I interjected a perceived-correction into the quotation from your Post. I was tempted to illustrate the use of the Caution option on your Post, but THAT would have been abuse. :warning: Even though the Moderator would eventually remove the indication and [u]make note[/u] of [b]my[/b] abuse of you and the tool, YOU would have been alerted to a small error -- with [u]LESS permanence[/u] than THIS Post. I hope my choice results in a Net Benefit to EVERYONE in our community. Best Wishes,
Vladimir B. posted:
Yes nice is that there is that option, and that's fine, I just hope that there will (NOT) be abuse and will continue to be punished anyway ...

Respectfully Vladimir;

I interjected a perceived-correction into the quotation from your Post.

I was tempted to illustrate the use of the Caution option on your Post, but THAT would have been abuse.

Even though the Moderator would eventually remove the indication and make note of my abuse of you and the tool, YOU would have been alerted to a small error -- with LESS permanence than THIS Post.

I hope my choice results in a Net Benefit to EVERYONE in our community.

Best Wishes,
14x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 5 days ago More by Vladimir B. 1 Reply

Sincerely, Stephen, I do not see why you were tempted to report a post that is malicious and that does not respect someone, I praised that there is this icon, and say that I hope will not be the same misused, but if that should be sanctioned and that same abuse, are there bad I said please let me explain ... Have a nice day ...
Sincerely, Stephen,
I do not see why you were tempted to report a post that is malicious and that does not respect someone, I praised that there is this icon, and say that I hope will not be the same misused, but if that should be sanctioned and that same abuse, are there bad I said please let me explain ...
Have a nice day ...
2x SUPPORT
Vladimir B.

Serbia

Posted 5 days ago More by Stephen D.

I am [u]Concerned[/u] that there is a problem with Translation and [u]Hope[/u] for Our understanding and agreement. I believe that the word "not" was somehow omitted from your Post(s): [quote=1551260]Sincerely, Stephen, [u]I do not see why you were tempted[/u] to report a post that is (NOT) malicious and that does not respect someone, I praised that there is this icon, and say that I hope will not be the same misused, but if that should be sanctioned and that same abuse, are there bad I said please let me explain ... Have a nice day ...[/quote] I tried to explain why I was "tempted" to post a note on your Post, "a post that is NOT malicious": [i]"I was tempted to illustrate the use of the Caution option on your Post, but (sensed) THAT would have been abuse."[/i] 1) Important -- I remain: [u]Aiming[/u] for predominant understanding. :dart: 2) [u]Hoping[/u] for [b]total[/b] understanding and agreement. :pray: Unfortunately, the Curse of the [u]Tower of Babel[/u] prevails. Best Wishes,
I am Concerned that there is a problem with Translation and Hope for Our understanding and agreement. I believe that the word "not" was somehow omitted from your Post(s):

Vladimir B. posted:
Sincerely, Stephen,
I do not see why you were tempted to report a post that is (NOT) malicious and that does not respect someone, I praised that there is this icon, and say that I hope will not be the same misused, but if that should be sanctioned and that same abuse, are there bad I said please let me explain ...
Have a nice day ...

I tried to explain why I was "tempted" to post a note on your Post, "a post that is NOT malicious":
"I was tempted to illustrate the use of the Caution option on your Post, but (sensed) THAT would have been abuse."

1) Important -- I remain:
Aiming for predominant understanding.

2) Hoping for total understanding and agreement.

Unfortunately, the Curse of the Tower of Babel prevails.

Best Wishes,
14x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 5 days ago More by Sanjeev S. 2 Replies

[quote=1550852]Thanks for starting this thread, Stephen...and thank you and others on the earlier thread that allowed us to come up with a fairly quick solution just by appending an existing feature. I hope everyone will keep it in mind and use it (judiciously of course) when obvious errors or other inaccurate information has been posted. And to be clear, this is not about shaming anyone (we all make mistakes); we just want to provide the most accurate information and best experience possible at our awesome forum! Thanks again![/quote] Dear Gery, :wave: WHY can i not "Thank You" or "Congratulate" you for this NEW option once i *AGREE* that this is a WELCOME FEATURE ? Just a thought ! $$:innocent: Sanjeev Suri from INDIA ^^ Naughty as ever BUT hardly any Emoticons that i love to use ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~because you do not like them.
Gery posted:
Thanks for starting this thread, Stephen...and thank you and others on the earlier thread that allowed us to come up with a fairly quick solution just by appending an existing feature.

I hope everyone will keep it in mind and use it (judiciously of course) when obvious errors or other inaccurate information has been posted. And to be clear, this is not about shaming anyone (we all make mistakes); we just want to provide the most accurate information and best experience possible at our awesome forum!

Thanks again!

Dear Gery,

WHY can i not "Thank You" or "Congratulate" you for this NEW option
once i *AGREE* that this is a WELCOME FEATURE ?

Just a thought !

$$

Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
^^
Naughty as ever BUT hardly any Emoticons that i love to use
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~because you do not like them.
Sanjeev S.

India

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 5 days ago More by Stephen D. 1 Reply

[quote=1551370][quote=1550852]Thanks for starting this thread, Stephen...and thank you and others on the earlier thread that allowed us to come up with a fairly quick solution just by appending an existing feature. I hope everyone will keep it in mind and use it (judiciously of course) when obvious errors or other inaccurate information has been posted. And to be clear, this is not about shaming anyone (we all make mistakes); we just want to provide the most accurate information and best experience possible at our awesome forum! Thanks again![/quote] Dear Gery, :wave: WHY can i not "Thank You" or "Congratulate" you for this NEW option once i *AGREE* that this is a WELCOME FEATURE ? Just a thought ! $$:innocent: Sanjeev Suri from INDIA ^^ Naughty as ever BUT hardly any Emoticons that i love to use ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~because you do not like them.[/quote] My thought Sanjeev; KISS: Keep It Simple Sanjeev /Stephen :wink2:
Sanjeev S. posted:
Gery posted:

Thanks again!

Dear Gery,

Just a thought !

$$

Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
^^

My thought Sanjeev;

KISS:
Keep It Simple Sanjeev

/Stephen

14x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 5 days ago, edited 5 days ago More by Sanjeev S.

[quote=1551375][quote=1551370][quote=1550852]Thanks for starting this thread, Stephen...and thank you and others on the earlier thread that allowed us to come up with a fairly quick solution just by appending an existing feature. I hope everyone will keep it in mind and use it (judiciously of course) when obvious errors or other inaccurate information has been posted. And to be clear, this is not about shaming anyone (we all make mistakes); we just want to provide the most accurate information and best experience possible at our awesome forum! Thanks again![/quote] Dear Gery, :wave: WHY can i not "Thank You" or "Congratulate" you for this NEW option once i *AGREE* that this is a WELCOME FEATURE ? Just a thought ! $$:innocent: Sanjeev Suri from INDIA ^^ Naughty as ever BUT hardly any Emoticons that i love to use ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~because you do not like them.[/quote] My thought Sanjeev; KISS: Keep It Simple Sanjeev /Stephen :wink2: [/quote] :wave: I AGREE ( and you can see that on the icon ). But :expressionless:WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT:anguished: if someone decides to AGREE *&* THANK at the same time ? Beats my pea-size brain... even tonight :exclamation: :point_left: :smiling_imp: I know you are still not ready for breakfast but i am already :clock830: thinking of moving from my P.C. desk to my dining table. AND, :sob: / :speak_no_evil: /:point_right: Did you not just call me STUPID :question::question: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::smiling_imp::smirk::grin: Let me REPORT this straightaway... What do you say :question::question::question::question::question: :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: $$ :innocent: Sanjeev Suri from INDIA Naughty since birth :wink2: & maintaining STATUS-QUO:smiling_imp: OR - at least trying to... Rest of the :earth_africa::earth_americas::earth_asia: permitting !
Stephen D. posted:
Sanjeev S. posted:
Gery posted:

Thanks again!

Dear Gery,

Just a thought !

$$

Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
^^

My thought Sanjeev;

KISS:
Keep It Simple Sanjeev

/Stephen

I AGREE ( and you can see that on the icon ).
But
WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT
if someone decides to
AGREE *&* THANK at the same time ?

Beats my pea-size brain... even tonight

I know you are still not ready for breakfast but i am already

thinking of moving from my P.C. desk to my dining table.
AND,
/
/
Did you not just call me STUPID

Let me REPORT this straightaway... What do you say

$$

Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
Naughty since birth
& maintaining STATUS-QUO

OR - at least trying to... Rest of the
permitting !
Sanjeev S.