SFI 20th Anniversary Special: $.89 PSAs! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Monthly Champion

Posted 9 days ago More by Randy I.

Playing the games are a big deal for a lot of people and as an attraction to new players something to fuel the competitive juices, or it COULD be. When one looks at the Leaderboard you know instantly that it is NOT competitive. There is NO incentive to compete hard on a monthly basis. I don't begrudge those that have been playing for years for having and easily maintaining their leads. However, from a business perspective, it is not realistic to think a new player can come in and compete on a month to month basis. No new game player will look at the leaderboard and not see the odds stacked heavily against them. As an example, in my 21 days in Poker I rank #3269. I was always in or near the Top 10. Cutting points in half every 30 days simply does not level the field. There is no incentive to buy more credits for higher scores. I propose: MONTHLY LEADERBOARD that resets at zero on the first day of the month. MONTHLY CHAMPIONSHIP BADGE for each game Expected Results: Incentive to compete on a level playing field. This will generate more revenue for SFI as players will be able to compete for the coveted MONTHLY CHAMPION BADGE! Validation Question to game players: [b]Would you likely buy more credits if it meant you had equal opportunity to be a monthly champion in your favorite game(s)? Yes or No[/b] [img]https://smallbiztrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/project-champion-850x476.jpg[/img] You could still keep the All-Time Leaderboard to reward those that have been playing for years.
Playing the games are a big deal for a lot of people and as an attraction to new players something to fuel the competitive juices, or it COULD be.

When one looks at the Leaderboard you know instantly that it is NOT competitive. There is NO incentive to compete hard on a monthly basis.

I don't begrudge those that have been playing for years for having and easily maintaining their leads. However, from a business perspective, it is not realistic to think a new player can come in and compete on a month to month basis. No new game player will look at the leaderboard and not see the odds stacked heavily against them.

As an example, in my 21 days in Poker I rank #3269. I was always in or near the Top 10. Cutting points in half every 30 days simply does not level the field. There is no incentive to buy more credits for higher scores.

I propose:
MONTHLY LEADERBOARD that resets at zero on the first day of the month.
MONTHLY CHAMPIONSHIP BADGE for each game

Expected Results:
Incentive to compete on a level playing field. This will generate more revenue for SFI as players will be able to compete for the coveted MONTHLY CHAMPION BADGE!

Validation Question to game players:
Would you likely buy more credits if it meant you had equal opportunity to be a monthly champion in your favorite game(s)? Yes or No

You could still keep the All-Time Leaderboard to reward those that have been playing for years.
3x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Guru Rank: #2

Posted 9 days ago

Hi Randy! I do agree with you ! And I think that your explanation is just sufficient for the Board to react and improve (already improved) Badge Quest even more ! Than you for this suggestion ! Best regards !
Hi Randy!

I do agree with you ! And I think that your explanation is just sufficient for the Board to react and improve (already improved) Badge Quest even more !

Than you for this suggestion !

Best regards !
314x SUPPORT
Sead Š.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #12

Posted 9 days ago, edited 9 days ago More by Snezana M. 1 Reply

Someone has been trying to lose a badge for years? It's not a solution. In Uber, for example, RT gets placement, the winner is upgraded. A monthly contest can be introduced, but not adding or changing existing characters that someone has acquired for years. Introduce such a competition, not endanger someone who built it for months. There are games that are being reset monthly, right? I agree with the maps that this can be done because there is a huge number of points, but not for other games
Someone has been trying to lose a badge for years? It's not a solution. In Uber, for example, RT gets placement, the winner is upgraded. A monthly contest can be introduced, but not adding or changing existing characters that someone has acquired for years. Introduce such a competition, not endanger someone who built it for months. There are games that are being reset monthly, right?
I agree with the maps that this can be done because there is a huge number of points, but not for other games
35x SUPPORT
Snezana M.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion

Posted 9 days ago

Sir Randy, My answer is YES... Let your proposal be excepted. May you be blessed always!!
Sir Randy,

My answer is YES...
Let your proposal be excepted.

May you be blessed always!!
7x SUPPORT
Mizanur R.

Bangladesh

E365 Country Champion

Posted 9 days ago

[quote=1569563]Playing the games are a big deal for a lot of people and as an attraction to new players something to fuel the competitive juices, or it COULD be. When one looks at the Leaderboard you know instantly that it is NOT competitive. There is NO incentive to compete hard on a monthly basis. I don't begrudge those that have been playing for years for having and easily maintaining their leads. However, from a business perspective, it is not realistic to think a new player can come in and compete on a month to month basis. No new game player will look at the leaderboard and not see the odds stacked heavily against them. As an example, in my 21 days in Poker I rank #3269. I was always in or near the Top 10. Cutting points in half every 30 days simply does not level the field. There is no incentive to buy more credits for higher scores. I propose: MONTHLY LEADERBOARD that resets at zero on the first day of the month. MONTHLY CHAMPIONSHIP BADGE for each game Expected Results: Incentive to compete on a level playing field. This will generate more revenue for SFI as players will be able to compete for the coveted MONTHLY CHAMPION BADGE! Validation Question to game players: [b]Would you likely buy more credits if it meant you had equal opportunity to be a monthly champion in your favorite game(s)? Yes or No[/b] [img]https://smallbiztrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/project-champion-850x476.jpg[/img] You could still keep the All-Time Leaderboard to reward those that have been playing for years.[/quote] Hi Randy,you just said it all.I agree 100% with you.This issue has always kept me a bit sceptical about the competitions of the games.Lets wait for the corporate reaction and his vue about this..Thanks
Randy I. posted:
Playing the games are a big deal for a lot of people and as an attraction to new players something to fuel the competitive juices, or it COULD be.

When one looks at the Leaderboard you know instantly that it is NOT competitive. There is NO incentive to compete hard on a monthly basis.

I don't begrudge those that have been playing for years for having and easily maintaining their leads. However, from a business perspective, it is not realistic to think a new player can come in and compete on a month to month basis. No new game player will look at the leaderboard and not see the odds stacked heavily against them.

As an example, in my 21 days in Poker I rank #3269. I was always in or near the Top 10. Cutting points in half every 30 days simply does not level the field. There is no incentive to buy more credits for higher scores.

I propose:

Expected Results:
Incentive to compete on a level playing field. This will generate more revenue for SFI as players will be able to compete for the coveted MONTHLY CHAMPION BADGE!

Would you likely buy more credits if it meant you had equal opportunity to be a monthly champion in your favorite game(s)? Yes or No

You could still keep the All-Time Leaderboard to reward those that have been playing for years.

Hi Randy,you just said it all.I agree 100% with you.This issue has always kept me a bit sceptical about the competitions of the games.Lets wait for the corporate reaction and his vue about this..Thanks

2x SUPPORT
Nouta Ngounou A.

Cameroon

Posted 9 days ago

[quote=1569563]Playing the games are a big deal for a lot of people and as an attraction to new players something to fuel the competitive juices, or it COULD be. When one looks at the Leaderboard you know instantly that it is NOT competitive. There is NO incentive to compete hard on a monthly basis. I don't begrudge those that have been playing for years for having and easily maintaining their leads. However, from a business perspective, it is not realistic to think a new player can come in and compete on a month to month basis. No new game player will look at the leaderboard and not see the odds stacked heavily against them. As an example, in my 21 days in Poker I rank #3269. I was always in or near the Top 10. Cutting points in half every 30 days simply does not level the field. There is no incentive to buy more credits for higher scores. I propose: MONTHLY LEADERBOARD that resets at zero on the first day of the month. MONTHLY CHAMPIONSHIP BADGE for each game Expected Results: Incentive to compete on a level playing field. This will generate more revenue for SFI as players will be able to compete for the coveted MONTHLY CHAMPION BADGE! Validation Question to game players: [b]Would you likely buy more credits if it meant you had equal opportunity to be a monthly champion in your favorite game(s)? Yes or No[/b] [img]https://smallbiztrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/project-champion-850x476.jpg[/img] You could still keep the All-Time Leaderboard to reward those that have been playing for years.[/quote] It should have always been done this way.
Randy I. posted:

I propose:

Expected Results:

It should have always been done this way.
34x SUPPORT
Scott L.

Canada

Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #6

Posted 9 days ago

Hi Randy: I hope admin will seriously consider your suggestion. I have been here for 15 months and I see no reason to waste time, effort, and money on something that is so far out of reach. If there was a monthly badge, I would relish the chance to compete in it. Dog gone, you still have some good ideas left in you. Al Martens
Hi Randy:

I hope admin will seriously consider your suggestion. I have been here for 15 months and I see no reason to waste time, effort, and money on something that is so far out of reach. If there was a monthly badge, I would relish the chance to compete in it.
Dog gone, you still have some good ideas left in you.

Al Martens
4x SUPPORT
Al M.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 9 days ago More by Randy I. 1 Reply

[quote=1569588]Someone has been trying to lose a badge for years? It's not a solution. In Uber, for example, RT gets placement, the winner is upgraded. A monthly contest can be introduced, but not adding or changing existing characters that someone has acquired for years. Introduce such a competition, not endanger someone who built it for months. There are games that are being reset monthly, right? I agree with the maps that this can be done because there is a huge number of points, but not for other games[/quote] Perhaps you don't understand the purpose of the games. The idea is to generate more revenue. If you read my suggestion you will read that keeping the All-Time Leaderboard is fine. I'm not trying to take anyone's accomplishment away. I am more interested in competition! Revenue generation for SFI! A competitive environment! Incentive to involve more players and especially new players.
Snezana M. posted:
Someone has been trying to lose a badge for years? It's not a solution. In Uber, for example, RT gets placement, the winner is upgraded. A monthly contest can be introduced, but not adding or changing existing characters that someone has acquired for years. Introduce such a competition, not endanger someone who built it for months. There are games that are being reset monthly, right?
I agree with the maps that this can be done because there is a huge number of points, but not for other games

Perhaps you don't understand the purpose of the games. The idea is to generate more revenue. If you read my suggestion you will read that keeping the All-Time Leaderboard is fine. I'm not trying to take anyone's accomplishment away.

I am more interested in competition! Revenue generation for SFI! A competitive environment! Incentive to involve more players and especially new players.
3x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Guru Rank: #2

Posted 9 days ago, edited 9 days ago More by Snezana M.

[quote=1569600][quote=1569588]Someone has been trying to lose a badge for years? It's not a solution. In Uber, for example, RT gets placement, the winner is upgraded. A monthly contest can be introduced, but not adding or changing existing characters that someone has acquired for years. Introduce such a competition, not endanger someone who built it for months. There are games that are being reset monthly, right? I agree with the maps that this can be done because there is a huge number of points, but not for other games[/quote] Perhaps you don't understand the purpose of the games. The idea is to generate more revenue. If you read my suggestion you will read that keeping the All-Time Leaderboard is fine. I'm not trying to take anyone's accomplishment away. I am more interested in competition! Revenue generation for SFI! A competitive environment! Incentive to involve more players and especially new players.[/quote] https://www.tripleclicks.com/BadgeQuest Would you reset and all the effort of the player would have to start from the beginning? I'm about to increase my income ... should listen to the opinion of those who are successful in tripl ... I support your idea ... you should try not to, maybe you can think of others [b]The best thing for SFIs to do is think it's the best, they are the creators of ideas and the most compelling to see if the suggestion is OK[/b][i][/i]
Randy I. posted:
Snezana M. posted:

Perhaps you don't understand the purpose of the games. The idea is to generate more revenue. If you read my suggestion you will read that keeping the All-Time Leaderboard is fine. I'm not trying to take anyone's accomplishment away.

I am more interested in competition! Revenue generation for SFI! A competitive environment! Incentive to involve more players and especially new players.

www.tripleclicks.com/BadgeQuest Would you reset and all the effort of the player would have to start from the beginning? I'm about to increase my income ... should listen to the opinion of those who are successful in tripl ...
I support your idea ... you should try not to, maybe you can think of others
The best thing for SFIs to do is think it's the best, they are the creators of ideas and the most compelling to see if the suggestion is OK
35x SUPPORT
Snezana M.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion

Posted 9 days ago More by Snezana M.

When I think why not to suggest you. It would be interesting to see if the revenue would be bigger in order to make it all ... why not ... if they are the majority of this idea, and if the SFI team approves it, it's great. Sounds interesting when you think about it.
When I think why not to suggest you. It would be interesting to see if the revenue would be bigger in order to make it all ... why not ... if they are the majority of this idea, and if the SFI team approves it, it's great. Sounds interesting when you think about it.
35x SUPPORT
Snezana M.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion

Posted 9 days ago More by Tanja K. 2 Replies

I would agree that SFI/TC could create some kind of a MONTHLY contest... like we have for Poker and Zackjack...Daily and Weekly Challenge.... But, those badges are without points... And I don't think that is what you want... quote: "You could still keep the All-Time Leaderboard to reward those that have been playing for years." Would like to understand how the "old players" could be rewarded for YEARS of using TCredits to play UBER, for example? Or PTP...or some other games... Leaderboard is just a LIST.... it might be just a " NOTHING" other than bragging... and, to be honest, I have spent years to GAIN my badges...so, please, forgive me if I am a little bit sensitive about them. Do you mean that the old players can still have the badges they have earned with BQ points attached to them?
I would agree that SFI/TC could create some kind of a MONTHLY contest...
like we have for Poker and Zackjack...Daily and Weekly Challenge....
But, those badges are without points...

And I don't think that is what you want...

quote:
"You could still keep the All-Time Leaderboard to reward those that have been
playing for years."

Would like to understand how the "old players" could be rewarded for
YEARS of using TCredits to play UBER, for example? Or PTP...or some
other games...

Leaderboard is just a LIST.... it might be just a " NOTHING" other than bragging...
and, to be honest, I have spent years to GAIN my badges...so, please, forgive me
if I am a little bit sensitive about them.
Do you mean that the old players can still have the badges they have earned
with BQ points attached to them?
174x SUPPORT
Tanja K.

Montenegro

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #1

Posts: 8,616 | Followers: 1,121 | Joined SFI: May 25, 2015

Posted 9 days ago More by Snezana M.

[quote=1569623]I would agree that SFI/TC could create some kind of a MONTHLY contest... like we have for Poker and Zackjack...Daily and Weekly Challenge.... But, those badges are without points... And I don't think that is what you want... quote: "You could still keep the All-Time Leaderboard to reward those that have been playing for years." Would like to understand how the "old players" could be rewarded for YEARS of using TCredits to play UBER, for example? Or PTP...or some other games... Leaderboard is just a LIST.... it might be just a " NOTHING" other than bragging... and, to be honest, I have spent years to GAIN my badges...so, please, forgive me if I am a little bit sensitive about them. Do you mean that the old players can still have the badges they have earned with BQ points attached to them? [/quote] Phenomenal Thinking Tanja, I think your words are the right ones and that you have greatly perceived every aspect
Tanja K. posted:
I would agree that SFI/TC could create some kind of a MONTHLY contest...
like we have for Poker and Zackjack...Daily and Weekly Challenge....
But, those badges are without points...

And I don't think that is what you want...

quote:
"You could still keep the All-Time Leaderboard to reward those that have been
playing for years."

Would like to understand how the "old players" could be rewarded for
YEARS of using TCredits to play UBER, for example? Or PTP...or some
other games...

Leaderboard is just a LIST.... it might be just a " NOTHING" other than bragging...
and, to be honest, I have spent years to GAIN my badges...so, please, forgive me
if I am a little bit sensitive about them.
Do you mean that the old players can still have the badges they have earned
with BQ points attached to them?

Phenomenal Thinking Tanja,
I think your words are the right ones and that you have greatly perceived every aspect
35x SUPPORT
Snezana M.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion

| Edit settings