Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Request re grammatical correction

Posted 13 days ago, edited 13 days ago More by Gliceria P.

Two days ago Sanjeev of India posted a request under Suggestion to fix a grammatical error in the message at Astro Auction during Flight that says: "You've just won one Rewardicals". Which prompted some interesting comments and responses.... Well, Sanjeev, you must be happy now. I have just noticed the error has been rectified ! Have you seen it?😮 See, Gary has a big heart and big ears....he listens!🤔 And SFI loves you! Cheers! GP of Oz😊
Two days ago Sanjeev of India posted a request under Suggestion to fix a grammatical error in the message at Astro Auction during Flight that says: "You've just won one Rewardicals". Which prompted some interesting comments and responses....

Well, Sanjeev, you must be happy now. I have just noticed the error has been rectified ! Have you seen it?😮
See, Gary has a big heart and big ears....he listens!🤔

And SFI loves you!

Cheers!
GP of Oz😊

41x SUPPORT
Gliceria P.

Australia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 13 days ago 2 Replies

Hi Glicera P., You are so right. but I think everyone sending emails should have a grammar help of some sort. I found some of my own called: Grammatical. a free service giving grammar, spelling and punctuation. All free. Even if I'M quite at ease with English, I am still of French origin. And now, I realize I make sevral mistakes. Hope that will help a little. Best regards.
Hi Glicera P., You are so right. but I think everyone sending emails should have a grammar help of some sort.
I found some of my own called: Grammatical. a free service giving grammar, spelling and punctuation.
All free. Even if I'M quite at ease with English, I am still of French origin. And now, I realize I make sevral mistakes.
Hope that will help a little.
Best regards.
9x SUPPORT
Raymond L.

Canada

E365 Country Champion

Posted 13 days ago

[quote=1593231] Well, Sanjeev, you must be happy now. I have just noticed the error has been rectified ! Have you seen it?😮 See, Gary has a big heart and big ears....he listens!🤔 And SFI loves you! Cheers! GP of Oz😊 [/quote] Very true, Gliceria P. SFI is of flesh, bones, and blood. Real people building something great together. Gery's hands-on management style is very commendable. To the good of all Zingers :cocktail: :tropical_drink: :wine_glass: :beers:. Best wishes.
Gliceria P. posted:

Well, Sanjeev, you must be happy now. I have just noticed the error has been rectified ! Have you seen it?😮

And SFI loves you!

Cheers!
GP of Oz😊

Very true, Gliceria P.

SFI is of flesh, bones, and blood.
Real people building something great together.
Gery's hands-on management style is very commendable.

To the good of all Zingers

Best wishes.
10x SUPPORT
Gabriel E.

Nigeria

Posted 13 days ago More by Randy I. 1 Reply

[quote=1593231]Two days ago Sanjeev of India posted a request under Suggestion to fix a grammatical error in the message at Astro Auction during Flight that says: "You've just won one Rewardicals". Which prompted some interesting comments and responses.... Well, Sanjeev, you must be happy now. I have just noticed the error has been rectified ! Have you seen it?😮 See, Gary has a big heart and big ears....he listens!🤔 And SFI loves you! Cheers! GP of Oz😊 [/quote] So does GERY, but no need to make a forum discussion out of it.
Gliceria P. posted:
Two days ago Sanjeev of India posted a request under Suggestion to fix a grammatical error in the message at Astro Auction during Flight that says: "You've just won one Rewardicals". Which prompted some interesting comments and responses....

And SFI loves you!

Cheers!
GP of Oz😊

So does GERY, but no need to make a forum discussion out of it.
9x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Guru Rank: #1

Posted 13 days ago More by Gliceria P. 1 Reply

[quote=1593246][quote=1593231]Two days ago Sanjeev of India posted a request under Suggestion to fix a grammatical error in the message at Astro Auction during Flight that says: "You've just won one Rewardicals". Which prompted some interesting comments and responses.... Well, Sanjeev, you must be happy now. I have just noticed the error has been rectified ! Have you seen it?😮 See, Gary has a big heart and big ears....he listens!🤔 And SFI loves you! Cheers! GP of Oz😊 [/quote] So does GERY, but no need to make a forum discussion out of it.[/quote] Hello, my special friend, Randy, I was just trying to say that that particular problem has been fixed, because the original post has been locked, I think. Not my intention to start a discussion, sorry🤐 Hey, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?🙄 Have a nice day!
Randy I. posted:
Gliceria P. posted:

And SFI loves you!

Cheers!
GP of Oz😊

Hello, my special friend, Randy,
I was just trying to say that that particular problem has been fixed, because the original post has been locked, I think.
Not my intention to start a discussion, sorry🤐
Hey, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?🙄
Have a nice day!
41x SUPPORT
Gliceria P.

Australia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 13 days ago

Nice one, being able to make a correction is the best thing. Your grammatical speaking and correction will improve.
Nice one, being able to make a correction is the best thing.
Your grammatical speaking and correction will improve.
SUPPORT
Ali I.

Nigeria

Posted 13 days ago More by Randy I. 1 Reply

[quote=1593258][quote=1593246][quote=1593231]Two days ago Sanjeev of India posted a request under Suggestion to fix a grammatical error in the message at Astro Auction during Flight that says: "You've just won one Rewardicals". Which prompted some interesting comments and responses.... Well, Sanjeev, you must be happy now. I have just noticed the error has been rectified ! Have you seen it?😮 See, Gary has a big heart and big ears....he listens!🤔 And SFI loves you! Cheers! GP of Oz😊 [/quote] So does GERY, but no need to make a forum discussion out of it.[/quote] Hello, my special friend, Randy, I was just trying to say that that particular problem has been fixed, because the original post has been locked, I think. Not my intention to start a discussion, sorry🤐 Hey, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?🙄 Have a nice day![/quote] Just thought maybe you did. A new thread just to say something insignificant was fixed? Spelling Gery's name wrong in a thread about Grammar? Hmmm. Have a great day down under!
Gliceria P. posted:
Randy I. posted:
Gliceria P. posted:

And SFI loves you!

Cheers!
GP of Oz😊

I was just trying to say that that particular problem has been fixed, because the original post has been locked, I think.
Have a nice day!

Just thought maybe you did. A new thread just to say something insignificant was fixed? Spelling Gery's name wrong in a thread about Grammar? Hmmm.

Have a great day down under!
9x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Posted 13 days ago More by Zlatan K. 1 Reply

To improve the writing skills I use [u][b]Grammarly[/b][/u]. It's a writing app that automatically detects potential grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, and style mistakes in writing. It also provides you with helpful suggestions for quick writing, making your writing clear and precise. It flags potential issues in the text and suggests context-specific corrections for grammar, spelling, wordiness, style, punctuation, and even [u]plagiarism[/u]. I highly recommend installing and using this free writing tool to make messages, documents, and posts clear, mistake-free, and effective.
To improve the writing skills I use Grammarly.

It's a writing app that automatically detects potential grammar, spelling, punctuation,
word choice, and style mistakes in writing. It also provides you with helpful
suggestions for quick writing, making your writing clear and precise.
It flags potential issues in the text and suggests context-specific corrections
for grammar, spelling, wordiness, style, punctuation, and even plagiarism.

I highly recommend installing and using this free writing tool to make messages,
documents, and posts clear, mistake-free, and effective.

113x SUPPORT
Zlatan K.

Serbia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #18

Posted 13 days ago More by Suzana R. 1 Reply

Dear ! Owe no offense . And each understand . We all strive to be accurate text and correct . Unfortunately , mistakes hey're stealing , simply impossible . I used a variety of applications for translation now returned to guglu interpreter . Sometimes I'm really embarrassed when I read , in the translation . But that is how it is , until you learn English . No worries , we understand it . It is essential that we positive . Good luck to everyone in English language training.
Dear !

Owe no offense .
And each understand .
We all strive to be accurate text and correct .
Unfortunately , mistakes hey're stealing ,
simply impossible .

I used a variety of applications for translation
now returned to guglu interpreter .
Sometimes I'm really embarrassed when I read ,
in the translation .
But that is how it is , until you learn English .
No worries , we understand it .
It is essential that we positive .

Good luck to everyone in English language training.
2x SUPPORT
Suzana R.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion

Posted 13 days ago More by Gliceria P. 1 Reply

[quote=1593265][quote=1593258][quote=1593246][quote=1593231]Two days ago Sanjeev of India posted a request under Suggestion to fix a grammatical error in the message at Astro Auction during Flight that says: "You've just won one Rewardicals". Which prompted some interesting comments and responses.... Well, Sanjeev, you must be happy now. I have just noticed the error has been rectified ! Have you seen it?😮 See, Gary has a big heart and big ears....he listens!🤔 And SFI loves you! Cheers! GP of Oz😊 [/quote] So does GERY, but no need to make a forum discussion out of it.[/quote] Hello, my special friend, Randy, I was just trying to say that that particular problem has been fixed, because the original post has been locked, I think. Not my intention to start a discussion, sorry🤐 Hey, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?🙄 Have a nice day![/quote] Just thought maybe you did. A new thread just to say something insignificant was fixed? Spelling Gery's name wrong in a thread about Grammar? Hmmm. Have a great day down under![/quote] Oh, so that was your beef? LOL!😁 I was typing on my tablet with one finger lying down because It's midnight here down under but couldn't get off Forum...very addictive. Did not realise I misspelt the Great Man's name. But I got yours correct, didn't I? Heaven forbid if I misspell your name, Randy🙄 Good night!
Randy I. posted:
Gliceria P. posted:
Randy I. posted:
Gliceria P. posted:

And SFI loves you!

Cheers!
GP of Oz😊

Have a nice day!

Just thought maybe you did. A new thread just to say something insignificant was fixed? Spelling Gery's name wrong in a thread about Grammar? Hmmm.

Oh, so that was your beef? LOL!😁 I was typing on my tablet with one finger lying down because It's midnight here down under but couldn't get off Forum...very addictive. Did not realise I misspelt the Great Man's name. But I got yours correct, didn't I? Heaven forbid if I misspell your name, Randy🙄
Good night!
41x SUPPORT
Gliceria P.

Australia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 13 days ago More by Randy I. 2 Replies

[quote=1593285]To improve the writing skills I use [u][b]Grammarly[/b][/u]. It's a writing app that automatically detects potential grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, and style mistakes in writing. It also provides you with helpful suggestions for quick writing, making your writing clear and precise. It flags potential issues in the text and suggests context-specific corrections for grammar, spelling, wordiness, style, punctuation, and even [u]plagiarism[/u]. I highly recommend installing and using this free writing tool to make messages, documents, and posts clear, mistake-free, and effective. [/quote] Most of us are not school teachers or experts at English, especially me. Not to miss the point of all this is that the forum is built for DISCUSSION. If a thread does not lend itself to discussion, it probably needs to go somewhere else. Is it a major deal? No, unless everyone wants to start making threads about grammar, spelling, or any number of small things we notice. The thread in question was closed and reopening it just sparks the same disputes. I hold no ill will towards the author of the original post, or the author of this post. I have strong feelings about micro-managing every sentence in this platform by forum.
Zlatan K. posted:
To improve the writing skills I use Grammarly.

It's a writing app that automatically detects potential grammar, spelling, punctuation,
word choice, and style mistakes in writing. It also provides you with helpful
suggestions for quick writing, making your writing clear and precise.
It flags potential issues in the text and suggests context-specific corrections
for grammar, spelling, wordiness, style, punctuation, and even plagiarism.

I highly recommend installing and using this free writing tool to make messages,
documents, and posts clear, mistake-free, and effective.

Most of us are not school teachers or experts at English, especially me. Not to miss the point of all this is that the forum is built for DISCUSSION. If a thread does not lend itself to discussion, it probably needs to go somewhere else.

Is it a major deal? No, unless everyone wants to start making threads about grammar, spelling, or any number of small things we notice.

The thread in question was closed and reopening it just sparks the same disputes. I hold no ill will towards the author of the original post, or the author of this post. I have strong feelings about micro-managing every sentence in this platform by forum.
9x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Posted 13 days ago More by Randy I. 2 Replies

[quote=1593303][quote=1593265][quote=1593258][quote=1593246][quote=1593231]Two days ago Sanjeev of India posted a request under Suggestion to fix a grammatical error in the message at Astro Auction during Flight that says: "You've just won one Rewardicals". Which prompted some interesting comments and responses.... Well, Sanjeev, you must be happy now. I have just noticed the error has been rectified ! Have you seen it?😮 See, Gary has a big heart and big ears....he listens!🤔 And SFI loves you! Cheers! GP of Oz😊 [/quote] So does GERY, but no need to make a forum discussion out of it.[/quote] Hello, my special friend, Randy, I was just trying to say that that particular problem has been fixed, because the original post has been locked, I think. Not my intention to start a discussion, sorry🤐 Hey, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?🙄 Have a nice day![/quote] Just thought maybe you did. A new thread just to say something insignificant was fixed? Spelling Gery's name wrong in a thread about Grammar? Hmmm. Have a great day down under![/quote] Oh, so that was your beef? LOL!😁 I was typing on my tablet with one finger lying down because It's midnight here down under but couldn't get off Forum...very addictive. Did not realise I misspelt the Great Man's name. But I got yours correct, didn't I? Heaven forbid if I misspell your name, Randy🙄 Good night![/quote] Feel free to misspell my name anytime, just don't start a thread asking someone to correct it. [img]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/J4kAAOSwUV9WpO3L/s-l300.jpg[/img] :smile:
Gliceria P. posted:
Randy I. posted:
Gliceria P. posted:
Randy I. posted:
Gliceria P. posted:

And SFI loves you!

Cheers!
GP of Oz😊

Have a nice day!

Oh, so that was your beef? LOL!😁 I was typing on my tablet with one finger lying down because It's midnight here down under but couldn't get off Forum...very addictive. Did not realise I misspelt the Great Man's name. But I got yours correct, didn't I? Heaven forbid if I misspell your name, Randy🙄
Good night!

Feel free to misspell my name anytime, just don't start a thread asking someone to correct it.

9x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

| Edit settings