Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Make Money With SFI – Part 4

must-read post

Posted over 2 years ago More by Scott L.

So have you spent any time thinking about what you might want to write a blog about? Blogging can be fun. Blogging can be interesting. Blogging can be a real nuisance. Blogging is boring. I don’t have time to blog. What do I put on my blog now? Why blog, no one really cares anyway! The point is, we can all find more reasons to not do something than to do so something. Especially if we consider it more work than pleasure. Most of us would rather do nothing, than something that just isn’t all that much fun. Me included. Now you have to find a reason as to why you should even consider writing a blog. What I have found is if it isn’t in front of you, highly interactive, it just becomes harder to even get started. Sitting around thinking about a blog will not get you anywhere, probably. You actually should do something. Remember Showing Up For Work in part 1? Well, it’s time to show up for your blog too! Practice makes perfect. How much practice depends on you. So, go to blogger.com and start by setting up a blog. Learn how to make posts; learn how to select a template for your blog. Learn how to put pictures or banners or videos on your blog. Blog about anything you like! Even about the politics of your country if you want. It doesn’t matter, just start doing. Have fun and enjoy. Don’t worry about getting readers yet, just learn how to blog first. But, maybe you could share your blog with your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media friends, and get their opinion! And don’t worry about using blogger. Lots of people here will prefer Wordpress, like Andrew A, Teresa S, and Leon M to name a few. They prefer it because they use it, and they are experts in it. But, if you haven’t blogged before, why not practice with blogger! It’s free, and it’s easy. I think you can have up to 100 different blogs, so go for it! Then, if and when you want to move to Wordpress, you will have a much better understanding about blogging. But if you are a Wordpress blogger, what are you waiting for? More to come real soon. Previous lessons [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=42339]Make Money With SFI – Part 1[/url] [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=42399]Make Money With SFI – Part 2[/url] [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=42500]Make Money With SFI – Part 3[/url]
So have you spent any time thinking about what you might want to write a blog about?

Blogging can be fun. Blogging can be interesting. Blogging can be a real nuisance. Blogging is boring. I don’t have time to blog. What do I put on my blog now? Why blog, no one really cares anyway!

The point is, we can all find more reasons to not do something than to do so something. Especially if we consider it more work than pleasure. Most of us would rather do nothing, than something that just isn’t all that much fun. Me included.

Now you have to find a reason as to why you should even consider writing a blog. What I have found is if it isn’t in front of you, highly interactive, it just becomes harder to even get started. Sitting around thinking about a blog will not get you anywhere, probably. You actually should do something. Remember Showing Up For Work in part 1?

Well, it’s time to show up for your blog too!

Practice makes perfect. How much practice depends on you. So, go to blogger.com and start by setting up a blog. Learn how to make posts; learn how to select a template for your blog. Learn how to put pictures or banners or videos on your blog. Blog about anything you like! Even about the politics of your country if you want. It doesn’t matter, just start doing. Have fun and enjoy. Don’t worry about getting readers yet, just learn how to blog first. But, maybe you could share your blog with your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media friends, and get their opinion!

And don’t worry about using blogger. Lots of people here will prefer Wordpress, like Andrew A, Teresa S, and Leon M to name a few. They prefer it because they use it, and they are experts in it. But, if you haven’t blogged before, why not practice with blogger! It’s free, and it’s easy. I think you can have up to 100 different blogs, so go for it! Then, if and when you want to move to Wordpress, you will have a much better understanding about blogging. But if you are a Wordpress blogger, what are you waiting for?

More to come real soon.

Previous lessons
Make Money With SFI – Part 1
Make Money With SFI – Part 2
Make Money With SFI – Part 3
35x SUPPORT
Scott L.

Canada

Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #10

Posted over 2 years ago

Scott- Thank you for another wonderful installment. This is all priceless information. I'm so proud to be able to come to the SFI forum and get so much valuable information. So the take I get from this lesson is that you need to start blogging. Doesn't matter what you choose to blog about, but just start. In today's world there are so many people reading different blogs about everything. I'm sure that it isn't easy to start a blog, but once you get going. It's hard to stop :) Thanks again Scott :) -Thomas M.
Scott-

Thank you for another wonderful installment.

This is all priceless information.

I'm so proud to be able to come to the SFI forum and get so much valuable information.

So the take I get from this lesson is that you need to start blogging. Doesn't matter what you choose to blog about, but just start.

In today's world there are so many people reading different blogs about everything. I'm sure that it isn't easy to start a blog, but once you get going. It's hard to stop :)

Thanks again Scott :)

-Thomas M.
25x SUPPORT
Thomas M.

United States

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted over 2 years ago

Thanks for the post Scott I agree it is way better to fool around and practice at blogger. But watch your titles. In USA there are certain words,titles and subjects that get your blog on the "Do not post list". I did one called guns,drugs and overcrowded jails. This was my 20th blog with blogger. Banned everywhere. Could not post it only in x- rated places ( I guess). The beauty of having more than one blog or website is you can make your own back-links. At the bottom of each say "here is a list of blogs you may enjoy." I always put our biz banners on the side of each one too. Advertise blogs in places business links are not allowed.
Thanks for the post Scott

I agree it is way better to fool around and practice at blogger.
But watch your titles.
In USA there are certain words,titles and subjects that get your blog on the "Do
not post list".

I did one called guns,drugs and overcrowded jails.
This was my 20th blog with blogger.
Banned everywhere. Could not post it only in x- rated places ( I guess).

The beauty of having more than one blog or website is you can make your own back-links.
At the bottom of each say "here is a list of blogs you may enjoy."

I always put our biz banners on the side of each one too. Advertise blogs in places
business links are not allowed.

Posted over 2 years ago

I love blogging and the best part it is free. I blog about SFI all the time at word press. Then I share articles free to my SFI Group at Facebook. and Google plus. Awesume I say.
I love blogging and the best part it is free.
I blog about SFI all the time at word press.
Then I share articles free to my SFI Group at Facebook. and Google plus.
Awesume I say.
30x SUPPORT
Maree W.

New Zealand

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted over 2 years ago More by Maurice O. 2 Replies

Well a real challenge there to me; What are you waiting for? Thanks again Scott! I guess it's time to put it to practice and blog about flying and aircrafts.
Well a real challenge there to me; What are you waiting for?
Thanks again Scott! I guess it's time to put it to practice and blog about flying and aircrafts.
8x SUPPORT
Maurice O.

Kenya

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted over 2 years ago

Thank you very much for the 4th Part. I am a Blogger using Blogger.com for the past 10+ years and it's the simple one with easy to custamization. Moreover, it's find by search engines easily. As you stated above, practice make one perfect. [img]https://i.imgur.com/zS4KSVF.gif[/img]
Thank you very much for the 4th Part. I am a Blogger using Blogger.com for the past 10+ years and it's the simple one with easy to custamization. Moreover, it's find by search engines easily. As you stated above, practice make one perfect.

38x SUPPORT
Gopakumar R.

India

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted over 2 years ago

what a great post, Scott! thanks for sharing valuable ideas.
what a great post, Scott! thanks for sharing valuable ideas.
2x SUPPORT
Hotman S.

Indonesia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted over 2 years ago

[quote=478628]Well a real challenge there to me; What are you waiting for? Thanks again Scott! I guess it's time to put it to practice and blog about flying and aircrafts.[/quote] Hi Maurice, I was thinking along the same lines. I just couldn't think of a subject I could post something on a day to day basis. But having worked for 50 years in military aviation, I guess I must have enough knowledge to do it. :grinning: A2A me if you want to chat about it.
Maurice O. posted:
Thanks again Scott! I guess it's time to put it to practice and blog about flying and aircrafts.

Hi Maurice,
I was thinking along the same lines. I just couldn't think of a subject I could post something on a day to day basis.
But having worked for 50 years in military aviation, I guess I must have enough knowledge to do it.

A2A me if you want to chat about it.

Posted over 2 years ago 1 Reply

Thank you for Part 3, Scott. I have started my blog, the last entry was March ? Oct.? last year... I got hit by 'stumbling blog' when trying to put a banner but instead it showed the link... dumb me! don't know what to do so left it and forgot about it.....will have to start all over again. Thanks for this valuable lesson.
Thank you for Part 3, Scott. I have started my blog, the last entry was March ? Oct.? last year... I got hit by 'stumbling blog' when trying to put a banner but instead it showed the link... dumb me! don't know what to do so left it and forgot about it.....will have to start all over again. Thanks for this valuable lesson.
41x SUPPORT
Gliceria P.

Australia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted over 2 years ago More by Scott L. 2 Replies

[quote=478647][quote=478628]Well a real challenge there to me; What are you waiting for? Thanks again Scott! I guess it's time to put it to practice and blog about flying and aircrafts.[/quote] Hi Maurice, I was thinking along the same lines. I just couldn't think of a subject I could post something on a day to day basis. But having worked for 50 years in military aviation, I guess I must have enough knowledge to do it. :grinning: A2A me if you want to chat about it.[/quote] You don't necessarily have to post every day, if there is just not enough conversation you can come up with. Start with once a week and go from there. Don't forget you could Google a topic and see what other people are talking about. You could too, because you would probably have a different circle of friends/acquaintances.
John S. posted:
Maurice O. posted:

Hi Maurice,
I was thinking along the same lines. I just couldn't think of a subject I could post something on a day to day basis.
But having worked for 50 years in military aviation, I guess I must have enough knowledge to do it.

A2A me if you want to chat about it.

You don't necessarily have to post every day, if there is just not enough conversation you can come up with. Start with once a week and go from there. Don't forget you could Google a topic and see what other people are talking about. You could too, because you would probably have a different circle of friends/acquaintances.
35x SUPPORT
Scott L.

Canada

Gold Fast-Track

Posted over 2 years ago More by Scott L.

[quote=478649]Thank you for Part 3, Scott. I have started my blog, the last entry was March ? Oct.? last year... I got hit by 'stumbling blog' when trying to put a banner but instead it showed the link... dumb me! don't know what to do so left it and forgot about it.....will have to start all over again. Thanks for this valuable lesson.[/quote] Sometimes posting a banner on blogger requires you put in the html code on the html page, which is a different tab on the new post template. I don't know about Wordpress though.
Gliceria P. posted:

Sometimes posting a banner on blogger requires you put in the html code on the html page, which is a different tab on the new post template. I don't know about Wordpress though.
35x SUPPORT
Scott L.

Canada

Gold Fast-Track

Posted over 2 years ago

Hi Scott, I wanted to say thank you again for your awesome articles. I use to be a regular blogger long ago and got away from it. Thanks for shedding light again to this part of business that is very important to do.
Hi Scott,

I wanted to say thank you again for your awesome articles. I use to be a regular blogger long ago and got away from it. Thanks for shedding light again to this part of business that is very important to do.
4x SUPPORT
Susie M.

United States

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

| Edit settings