SFI 20th Anniversary Special: $.89 PSAs! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Mavis is 86 and an amazing SFI Affiliate.

Posted over 2 years ago, edited over 2 years ago More by Maree W.

Today I met the most amazing SFI member in New Zealand. Mavis is 86 and lives in Tauranga. :scream: :house: I live in Christchurch. I have been with SFI since 2013 and welcomed her phone call asking if she could visit me for some training. She blew me away, her age and dedication to learn impressed me. :family: :sunflower: She came prepared with a large book for me to write in how to participate daily with SFI. This proves if you put your mind to learning, you can avoid any obstacles in your way. She told me how she had an Apple Computer and used the talking icon to listen and learn as she is part blind. She also showed me her new looking glass she had just bought. :pencil2: :mag: She is eager to learn. Showing age is no barrier. :ok_woman: :100: I gave her a SFI cap and a T shirt plus a SFI shopping page and envelopes. :ok_hand: :heavy_check_mark: All prizes I have received from the SFI leadership challenges over the years. Mavis is not in my SFI team, but that is what SFI is all about sharing and caring. With my training she will be able to share her new knowledge with her SFI Sponsor and Up line members. Her smile said a thousand words. I felt so happy to teach and show her, what you can achieve with SFI with the right mind set. She spent two hours with me, and to my horror after she left, I realized I forgot to offer her a coffee. Time just flew, and her cousins were waiting outside in the car. :oncoming_automobile: I forgot how daunting SFI can seem for members. New and Old. Mavis has been with SFI for a wee while, and her goal is to advance to Bronze Team Leader. My goal is to help her achieve this. I wrote in Big Letters in her Book. The link to log into SFI via her web browser. She was unaware of fishing emails etc. So I stressed the importance to never entering sites via emails. I also instructed her never to link her main bank account with Sites. To get a second bank card and use this, leaving only around $50 dollars in it so no one can hack her main bank account. She had been missing out of Daily VIP as she was not aware how to enter the unstoppable competitions. How to enter the Daily grand etc. How to Enter the New Badge Competition. I talked her through all this via a phone call the following morning once she was home. I talked her through sending her First Top Mover an E Card. :telephone: :trophy: I also talked her through sending her first Genealogy post to 72 members in her list. I also talked her through how to buy 1 T Credit with her MRP Points to get VP points daily. It was a lovely hour spent, achieving results. I look forward to receiving her next phone call. I am off now to email her the information we talked about today for future reference. :closed_book: She is a lovely new connection I have made. I can see a great friendship developing. Cheers Maree.
Today I met the most amazing SFI member in New Zealand.
Mavis is 86 and lives in Tauranga.

I live in Christchurch.
I have been with SFI since 2013 and welcomed her phone call asking if she could visit me for some training.
She blew me away, her age and dedication to learn impressed me.

She came prepared with a large book for me to write in how to participate daily with SFI.
This proves if you put your mind to learning, you can avoid any obstacles in your way.
She told me how she had an Apple Computer and used the talking icon to listen and learn as she is part blind.
She also showed me her new looking glass she had just bought.

She is eager to learn. Showing age is no barrier.

I gave her a SFI cap and a T shirt plus a SFI shopping page and envelopes.

All prizes I have received from the SFI leadership challenges over the years.
Mavis is not in my SFI team, but that is what SFI is all about sharing and caring.
With my training she will be able to share her new knowledge with her SFI Sponsor and Up line members.

Her smile said a thousand words.
I felt so happy to teach and show her, what you can achieve with SFI with the right mind set.
She spent two hours with me, and to my horror after she left, I realized I forgot to offer her a coffee.
Time just flew, and her cousins were waiting outside in the car.

I forgot how daunting SFI can seem for members. New and Old.
Mavis has been with SFI for a wee while, and her goal is to advance to Bronze Team Leader.
My goal is to help her achieve this.

I wrote in Big Letters in her Book. The link to log into SFI via her web browser.
She was unaware of fishing emails etc.
So I stressed the importance to never entering sites via emails.
I also instructed her never to link her main bank account with Sites.
To get a second bank card and use this, leaving only around $50 dollars in it so no one can hack her main bank account.

She had been missing out of Daily VIP as she was not aware how to enter the unstoppable competitions.
How to enter the Daily grand etc. How to Enter the New Badge Competition.

I talked her through all this via a phone call the following morning once she was home.
I talked her through sending her First Top Mover an E Card.

I also talked her through sending her first Genealogy post to 72 members in her list.
I also talked her through how to buy 1 T Credit with her MRP Points to get VP points daily.
It was a lovely hour spent, achieving results.
I look forward to receiving her next phone call.
I am off now to email her the information we talked about today for future reference.

She is a lovely new connection I have made.
I can see a great friendship developing.
Cheers Maree.
29x SUPPORT
Maree W.

New Zealand

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #17

Posted over 2 years ago

Hello there Maree and all SFI personnel, Yes, it was well worth the time, energy and money to travel the 2 hours by plane to see and gather information from Maree. I thank you again Maree, so now I just have to keep on with he good work you showed me. I also have a great co-sponsor by name of Betty in Australia , but being in another country makes it a little harder to visit. I also made it a social visit and meeting cousins I had not seen for 70 odd years plus I visit old places of my past residents. I love SFI as everyone is so helpful just like family. like Family and with having their photo on their page makes it more -so. I was so impressed with that, I suggested that the Royal New Zealand Foundation for the Blind have a photo on their letter heads so we may get to know the staff of the R N Z F B. as they write their letters to us. Thanks SFI for being there... Mavis

Hello there Maree and all SFI personnel,
Yes, it was well worth the time, energy and money to travel the 2 hours by plane to see and gather information from Maree. I thank you again Maree, so now I just have to keep on with he good work you showed me.

I also have a great co-sponsor by name of Betty in Australia , but being in another country makes it a little harder to visit.

I also made it a social visit and meeting cousins I had not seen for 70 odd years plus I visit old places of my past residents.

I love SFI as everyone is so helpful just like family.
like Family and with having their photo on their page makes it more -so.

I was so impressed with that, I suggested that the Royal New Zealand Foundation for the Blind have a photo on their letter heads so we may get to know the staff of the R N Z F B. as they write their letters to us.

Thanks SFI for being there...
Mavis
Mavis T.

New Zealand

E365 Country Champion

Posted over 2 years ago

[b]Awesome !!![/b] and So Inspiring !!! Thank You :) and may God Bless you both !!! as you enjoy your journey.
Awesome !!! and So Inspiring !!!
Thank You :)
and may God Bless you both !!!
as you enjoy your journey.
10x SUPPORT
Becky F.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted over 2 years ago

Maree and Mavis, both of you are shining examples of treating others with respect and like family. I shall bookmark this forum thread to share with others affiliates willing to work within SFI to prove there are successful members within our ranks. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story. Richard
Maree and Mavis,

both of you are shining examples of treating others with respect and like family.

I shall bookmark this forum thread to share with others affiliates willing to work within SFI to prove there are successful members within our ranks.

Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story.

Richard
SUPPORT
Richard M.

United States

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted over 2 years ago More by Maree W.

I enjoy our daily phone calls. :telephone_receiver: Today I taught Mavis how to clear her cookies when she said her computer was slow. :computer: Telling her to go to the far right where the browser is. Look for three graph lines. It will say Open Menu. Then click History. Then Click Clear History. Then Click OK> Now you will have to enter urls in the browser window as they are not saved. TIP! Noticed when logging into SFI you now need to enter Id number not email address.
I enjoy our daily phone calls.

Today I taught Mavis how to clear her cookies when she said her computer was slow.

Telling her to go to the far right where the browser is. Look for three graph lines.
It will say Open Menu. Then click History. Then Click Clear History. Then Click OK>
Now you will have to enter urls in the browser window as they are not saved.
TIP! Noticed when logging into SFI you now need to enter Id number not email address.
29x SUPPORT
Maree W.

New Zealand

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted over 2 years ago

Hi Maree Awesome post, Glad you had a chance to meet SFI member in person.
Hi Maree

Awesome post, Glad you had a chance to meet SFI member in person.
2x SUPPORT
Steven S.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted over 2 years ago

Hi Maree Great post, very inspiring especially to us newcomers. Cheers Kevin
Hi Maree

Great post, very inspiring especially to us newcomers.

Cheers
Kevin

Posted over 2 years ago

Hi Maree, Amazing and highly touching post !Your wonderful handling of a respectful 86 year affiliate coming from a distant place to meet you to learn more about SFI is thrilling !It shows your high degree of commitment to SFI.I will certainly share this with my affiliates in the coming days to inspire them. Thanks.
Hi Maree,

Amazing and highly touching post !Your wonderful handling of a respectful
86 year affiliate coming from a distant place to meet you to learn more about SFI
is thrilling !It shows your high degree of commitment to SFI.I will certainly share this
with my affiliates in the coming days to inspire them. Thanks.
SUPPORT
Somasundaram T.

India

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Liked by Joseph D. Carol J.

Posted over 2 years ago

Hi Maree It's great to hear how much you have assisted and are assisting Mavis. With you being in the same country as her makes it so much easier for her.
Hi Maree

It's great to hear how much you have assisted and are assisting Mavis. With you being in the same country as her makes it so much easier for her.

Posted over 2 years ago More by Maree W.

I am enjoying reading all the replies. I just uploaded a photo of Mavis. I have added it to my Face Book Page.:thumbsup:
I am enjoying reading all the replies.
I just uploaded a photo of Mavis.
I have added it to my Face Book Page.
29x SUPPORT
Maree W.

New Zealand

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Liked by Carol J.

Posted over 2 years ago

@ Maree. I have sent you a friend request so I can make contact with Mavis. I visit Tauranga periodically because my sister lives near there. @ Mavis. I look forward to meeting you. Local contact is valuable in this business.
@ Maree.
I have sent you a friend request so I can make contact with Mavis.
I visit Tauranga periodically because my sister lives near there.

@ Mavis.
I look forward to meeting you.
Local contact is valuable in this business.

Posted over 2 years ago

Nice sponsoring and working,i am glad someone with that age took the step in this business,because this business needs time and who know that better then our old affiliates. Best wishes to both of you ladies!
Nice sponsoring and working,i am glad someone with that age took the step in this business,because this business needs time and who know that better then our old affiliates.
Best wishes to both of you ladies!

| Edit settings