Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Bid History

Posted 7 days ago

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to utilize the "bid history" in Pick The Price? How can you use "bid history" to determine what price is a good price to go with to score a win?
Can anyone tell me what is the best way to utilize the "bid history" in Pick The Price? How can you use "bid history" to determine what price is a good price to go with to score a win?
2x SUPPORT
Fay J

United States

Posted 7 days ago

The best practice is to compare same item by same hours on same days of week and same days of month to get an average selling price for that hour of that day. This statistic will be the most accurate but beyond that it's still a best guess with no guarantee of a win. Andy Zeus Anderson
The best practice is to compare same item by same hours on same days of week and same days of month to get an average selling price for that hour of that day. This statistic will be the most accurate but beyond that it's still a best guess with no guarantee of a win.

Andy Zeus Anderson
15x SUPPORT
Andrew A

United States

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 7 days ago

[quote=863156]The best practice is to compare same item by same hours on same days of week and same days of month to get an average selling price for that hour of that day. This statistic will be the most accurate but beyond that it's still a best guess with no guarantee of a win. Andy Zeus Anderson[/quote] Thank you Andy for your feed back. Your answer put it in a better perspective for me. I was kind of all over the place because I did not really understand how to utilize it. However you are also right when you stated that "it's still a best guess with no guarantee of a win."
Andrew A posted:
The best practice is to compare same item by same hours on same days of week and same days of month to get an average selling price for that hour of that day. This statistic will be the most accurate but beyond that it's still a best guess with no guarantee of a win.

Andy Zeus Anderson

Thank you Andy for your feed back. Your answer put it in a better perspective for me. I was kind of all over the place because I did not really understand how to utilize it. However you are also right when you stated that "it's still a best guess with no guarantee of a win."
2x SUPPORT
Fay J

United States

Posted 7 days ago

Hi Fay ! Yes, the purpose of price history is to help you win the Pick the price contest. And you can use it in order to select the same type of auction as the one you intend to guess the price (junior, double, standard) , then calculate the average price in that class, and for advanced study compare the auctions held in the same time of the day and that's how you will find your price to enter ! Good Luck !
Hi Fay !

Yes, the purpose of price history is to help you win the Pick the price contest. And you can use it in order to select the same type of auction as the one you intend to guess the price (junior, double, standard) , then calculate the average price in that class, and for advanced study compare the auctions held in the same time of the day and that's how you will find your price to enter !

Good Luck !
24x SUPPORT
Sead Š

Bosnia And Herzegovina

Liked by Andrew A

Posted 7 days ago

[quote=863529]Hi Fay ! Yes, the purpose of price history is to help you win the Pick the price contest. And you can use it in order to select the same type of auction as the one you intend to guess the price (junior, double, standard) , then calculate the average price in that class, and for advanced study compare the auctions held in the same time of the day and that's how you will find your price to enter ! Good Luck ! [/quote] Thanks Sead, your advice is much appreciated.
Sead Š posted:
Hi Fay !

Yes, the purpose of price history is to help you win the Pick the price contest. And you can use it in order to select the same type of auction as the one you intend to guess the price (junior, double, standard) , then calculate the average price in that class, and for advanced study compare the auctions held in the same time of the day and that's how you will find your price to enter !

Good Luck !

Thanks Sead, your advice is much appreciated.
2x SUPPORT
Fay J

United States

Liked by Sead Š

| Edit settings