Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Getting Started vs. Intermediate

Posted 9 days ago, edited 9 days ago

[b]GETTING-STARTED Actions vs. INTERMEDIATE Actions[/b] No, not the actions themselves. My suggestion has to do with their names and how they are presented to new affiliates. For quite some time now I have been noticing certain patterns in the activity of new affiliates. Very often the [i]Intermediate Actions[/i] are done before anything else. Also [i]Launchpad[/i] is not given the attention it deserves as it is ignored while other items are viewed first. And then I also notice that [i]a2a[/i] is most often ignored by even more seasoned affiliates! Okay! One at a time. [b]1.[/b] [b][i]Intermediate Actions[/i][/b]. I am under the firm conviction that many for whom English is a second language make the honest mistake of thinking this says "[i]Immediate[/i] Actions." Perhaps hiding these actions until others have been accomplished (ie. [i]Launchpad[/i] and [i]Getting Started[/i]) would be feasible. [b]2.[/b] [b][i]Launchpad[/i][/b] Maybe a rename like "[i]Read Me First[/i]" or "[i]First Things First[/i]" would be in order so that people go directly there without being distracted. [b]3.[/b] [b][i]Getting Started Actions[/i][/b] "[i]Read These Next[/i]" or "[i]The Next Steps[/i]" which make their appearance after [i]Launchpad[/i] is completed (or nearly so). [b]4. [i]a2a[/i][/b] I really like [i]a2a[/i] as a significant feature of communication and education between affiliates who may not be members of the same Team. We can all learn from each other but it seems that many are almost fearful of joining this very cool community. Even after extolling the virtues of [i]a2a[/i] and admonishing a new affiliate to take advantage of it they completely ignore my suggestion while other suggestions are followed! Maybe a new name for this as well? I know that this is a lot but I have been thinking about this for quite some time and hopefully others will have some other ideas as well. What say you, folks? :alien:
GETTING-STARTED Actions vs. INTERMEDIATE Actions

No, not the actions themselves. My suggestion has to do with their names and how they are presented to new affiliates.

For quite some time now I have been noticing certain patterns in the activity of new affiliates. Very often the Intermediate Actions are done before anything else. Also Launchpad is not given the attention it deserves as it is ignored while other items are viewed first. And then I also notice that a2a is most often ignored by even more seasoned affiliates!

Okay! One at a time.

1. Intermediate Actions.
I am under the firm conviction that many for whom English is a second language make the honest mistake of thinking this says "Immediate Actions." Perhaps hiding these actions until others have been accomplished (ie. Launchpad and Getting Started) would be feasible.

2. Launchpad
Maybe a rename like "Read Me First" or "First Things First" would be in order so that people go directly there without being distracted.

3. Getting Started Actions
"Read These Next" or "The Next Steps" which make their appearance after Launchpad is completed (or nearly so).

4. a2a
I really like a2a as a significant feature of communication and education between affiliates who may not be members of the same Team. We can all learn from each other but it seems that many are almost fearful of joining this very cool community. Even after extolling the virtues of a2a and admonishing a new affiliate to take advantage of it they completely ignore my suggestion while other suggestions are followed! Maybe a new name for this as well?

I know that this is a lot but I have been thinking about this for quite some time and hopefully others will have some other ideas as well. What say you, folks?

Thomas W

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Hi Thomas, I like the ideas. Maybe they will get some attention by support or whom ever is in charge of the suggestions.
Hi Thomas,

I like the ideas. Maybe they will get some attention by support or whom ever is in charge of the suggestions.

10x SUPPORT
Sherwood L

United States

Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

I noticed the same thing. I think the Launchpad Lessons need first attention and then all else falls into place...at least it did for me. Without the lessons they seem to be lost and give up quickly. I never thought of the language barrier with "intermediate" and "immediate", but it makes sense to me! Great post. Thank you for bringing something to light that I thought was just my way of looking at the VP Ledgers.
I noticed the same thing. I think the Launchpad Lessons need first attention and then all else falls into place...at least it did for me. Without the lessons they seem to be lost and give up quickly. I never thought of the language barrier with "intermediate" and "immediate", but it makes sense to me! Great post. Thank you for bringing something to light that I thought was just my way of looking at the VP Ledgers.
23x SUPPORT
Marilyn I

United States

Silver Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Hi Thomas, I believe you have pointed out some really GREAT points!! I hope they get noticed and taken into effect soon, thank you!! :) Quiana M.
Hi Thomas,
I believe you have pointed out some really GREAT points!! I hope they get noticed and taken into effect soon, thank you!! :)
Quiana M.
Quiana M

United States

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

SFI have made a very clear path direct to Launchpad, so if they only follow, that direction SFI is give them from first login, they cannot take wrong about Launchpad is the first things to do. If they cannot find out do that, nothing will bring them on right path. So I cannot see any reason to change these names. If people want jump over, they are do it with new names too. Best regards Svend
SFI have made a very clear path direct to Launchpad, so if they only follow, that direction SFI is give them from first login, they cannot take wrong about Launchpad is the first things to do.

If they cannot find out do that, nothing will bring them on right path.

So I cannot see any reason to change these names.

If people want jump over, they are do it with new names too.

Best regards
Svend
31x SUPPORT
Svend Erik L

China

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Really great advice she got there I like it
Really great advice she got there I like it
Gabriel D

United States

Liked by Nelson B Thomas W

Posted 9 days ago

Thomas, good awareness and good idea change words for better understanding.
Thomas, good awareness and good idea change words for better understanding.
10x SUPPORT
Nelson B

United States

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Hello Thomas Great ideas in a Great Post. But I slightly differ from you. Let's not always tell SFI to do this & that because they do everything after putting a lot of thinking in it. Let's now think what can we do. My suggestion is to direct our downline to Launch Pad. Tell them to complete the Getting Started actions etc. As a Sponsor, Let's perform our duties well before dictating or suggesting something to SFI. SFI is busy doing so many good improvements. Just my thoughts !! [img]https://i.imgur.com/O6Ppmpr.jpg[/img]
Hello Thomas
Great ideas in a Great Post.
But I slightly differ from you.
Let's not always tell SFI to do this & that because
they do everything after putting a lot of thinking in it.
Let's now think what can we do. My suggestion is to direct
our downline to Launch Pad.
Tell them to complete the Getting Started actions etc.
As a Sponsor, Let's perform our duties well before dictating
or suggesting something to SFI. SFI is busy doing so many good
improvements.
Just my thoughts !!
57x SUPPORT
Manohar M

India

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Dear Thomas W , I prefer the current schedule. Best Regards !
Dear Thomas W ,
I prefer the current schedule.

Best Regards !
99x SUPPORT
Zoran V

Serbia

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Hello Thomas, I definitely believe you have made some very valid points in your post. I agree with you and have thought about those same issues for new affiliates. I especially think that strong consideration should be given to points *2 and 3. I can't decide if most people just don't want to spend the time and effort to educate themselves or if there is another issue they aren't willing to address. The training is so beneficial and it only takes a little time each day. Again, very good post Thomas. :)
Hello Thomas,

I definitely believe you have made some very valid points in your post.
I agree with you and have thought about those same issues for new affiliates.
I especially think that strong consideration should be given to points *2 and 3.
I can't decide if most people just don't want to spend the time and effort to educate themselves
or if there is another issue they aren't willing to address. The training is so beneficial and it only
takes a little time each day.

Again, very good post Thomas. :)
Mark S

Switzerland

Posted 9 days ago, edited 9 days ago

I fully support the words of my sponsor. He works a lot with the team. This gave him the opportunity to see the problems of the newcomers. Language was the first problem for me. The translation often made confusion. Great letters scared. Then understanding gradually came. Invitations to make friends I took only on the advice of the sponsor. [b]At first I looked for easy actions.[/b] I constantly asked him questions. He patiently sought answers. Many questions he could not understand right away because of the translation. The translation was often meaningless and ridiculous. I think now my message will also be incomprehensible to some. Sorry for this translation from Russian ([i]You wrote very clearly so that the translation is clearly understandable - moderator[/i])
I fully support the words of my sponsor.
He works a lot with the team.
This gave him the opportunity to see the problems of the newcomers.
Language was the first problem for me.
The translation often made confusion.
Great letters scared.
Then understanding gradually came.
Invitations to make friends I took only on the advice of the sponsor.

At first I looked for easy actions.
I constantly asked him questions.
He patiently sought answers.
Many questions he could not understand right away because of the translation.
The translation was often meaningless and ridiculous.
I think now my message will also be incomprehensible to some.
Sorry for this translation from Russian

(You wrote very clearly so that the translation is clearly understandable - moderator)

galina u

Moldova, Republic Of

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 8 days ago

Hi Thomas Nice points I share the same thought , I hope changes will be made especially with launchpad so new affiliate will not find hard to start. Nice one!
Hi Thomas
Nice points I share the same thought , I hope changes will be made especially with launchpad so new affiliate will not find hard to start.

Nice one!
Denny T

Nigeria

Liked by Thomas W Don M

| Edit settings