Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

If I were to sell my own products on TripleClicks

Posted 8 months ago More by Phill R.

I need to understand more about the calculations regarding the sale of products in relation to the buyer. I have a product that I want to sell just within the UK due to shipping costs. As I understand it a % goes to SFI as a sales fee and I get the balance (?) It is this sales fee that I am interested in. what % ends up as VP & MRP for the buyer? The other problem is currency. I need to sell at 48 GBP in order to make a profit and pay for shipping, but TC is denominated in USD. Any suggestions regarding currency fluctuations greatly appreciated.
I need to understand more about the calculations regarding the sale of products in relation to the buyer.

I have a product that I want to sell just within the UK due to shipping costs. As I understand it a % goes to SFI as a sales fee and I get the balance (?)

It is this sales fee that I am interested in. what % ends up as VP & MRP for the buyer?

The other problem is currency. I need to sell at 48 GBP in order to make a profit and pay for shipping, but TC is denominated in USD. Any suggestions regarding currency fluctuations greatly appreciated.
Phill R.

United Kingdom

Posted 8 months ago

Hello Phil, If you are not an ECA yet and still wants to sell an item, read first the information here: https://www.tripleclicks.com/myaccount/itemLister.php Read also here, the fees which you pay by selling your product on TripleClicks: https://www.tripleclicks.com/Support/Solution.php?catid=26469&id=24729
Hello Phil,

If you are not an ECA yet and still wants to sell an item, read first the information here:
www.tripleclicks.com/myaccount/itemLister.php

Read also here, the fees which you pay by selling your product on TripleClicks:
www.tripleclicks.com/Support/Solution.php?catid=26469&id=24729
291x SUPPORT
Johan V.

Turkey

E365 Country Champion

Thanks for the links, but I'm more interested in becoming an ECA and the costs, currency differences and how the benefits to the buyer are calculated and unfortunately the links you posted do not answer any of these concerns that I will need to address before I commit funds to this venture. Hopefully an existing UK seller could help me here who has already been there, done that, got the T shirt.
Thanks for the links, but I'm more interested in becoming an ECA and the costs, currency differences and how the benefits to the buyer are calculated and unfortunately the links you posted do not answer any of these concerns that I will need to address before I commit funds to this venture.

Hopefully an existing UK seller could help me here who has already been there, done that, got the T shirt.
Phill R.

United Kingdom

Posted 8 months ago

Selling your item for $70.00 USD with 15% going to Tripleclicks will give you your margin.
Selling your item for $70.00 USD with 15% going to Tripleclicks will give you your margin.
SUPPORT
Andrew C.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

Posted 8 months ago

Hi Phill, You can change the price of your product anytime as per currency fluatuations(if you include shipping charge into the price ). There is also an option for you to fill in your shipping cost per country. The MRP and VP are determined by Triple Clicks. Hope this helps.
Hi Phill,
You can change the price of your product anytime as per currency fluatuations(if you include shipping charge into the price ). There is also an option for you to fill in your shipping cost per country. The MRP and VP are determined by Triple Clicks. Hope this helps.
2x SUPPORT
Bitt Yun C.

Malaysia

E365 Champion

Liked by Gillian S. Don M.

Posted 8 months ago More by Gillian S.

Hi Phill, A minimum retail price of $2.99 is required for all products, we can choose to work in our own currency and it reverts to US dollars automatically when it goes live which makes life easier, we don't have to work currency differences out ourselves. We enter our retail price which is lower than our selling price and this will appear as a discount. Once we've entered that a pop up box calculator appears which shows our profit after subtracting the percentage of the retail price for TripleClicks when we make a sale, with this we can work out our own profit margin by testing before it goes up. The default percentage that TripleClicks retains is just 15% but we can choose a higher percentage this gives affiliates higher commission and it's shown higher in searches.
Hi Phill,

A minimum retail price of $2.99 is required for all products, we can choose to work in our own currency and it reverts to US dollars automatically when it goes live which makes life easier, we don't have to work currency differences out ourselves.

We enter our retail price which is lower than our selling price and this will appear as a discount. Once we've entered that a pop up box calculator appears which shows our profit after subtracting the percentage of the retail price for TripleClicks when we make a sale, with this we can work out our own profit margin by testing before it goes up. The default percentage that TripleClicks retains is just 15% but we can choose a higher percentage this gives affiliates higher commission and it's shown higher in searches.
9x SUPPORT
Gillian S.

United Kingdom

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Hi Gillian, Your post is exactly what I needed. My only other interest is the VP & MRP. I know that this calculation is determined by SFI, but is the same for all products. In your post you state you can increase the amount taken by TC in order to give affiliates higher commission. By doing this will it increase VP & MRP as well? I am trying to determine what the best price/commission to offer in order to offer the seller AND the buyer a really good deal and still make it worth my time/financial commitment to go forward.
Hi Gillian,

Your post is exactly what I needed. My only other interest is the VP & MRP. I know that this calculation is determined by SFI, but is the same for all products. In your post you state you can increase the amount taken by TC in order to give affiliates higher commission. By doing this will it increase VP & MRP as well? I am trying to determine what the best price/commission to offer in order to offer the seller AND the buyer a really good deal and still make it worth my time/financial commitment to go forward.
Phill R.

United Kingdom

Posted 8 months ago More by Gillian S.

Hi Phill, Yes the higher your percentage the higher the VP & MRP for the buyer, that you decide over and above the 15% retained by TripleClicks. You can try out different scenarios with the pop up calculator until you're happy with the results before posting.
Hi Phill,

Yes the higher your percentage the higher the VP & MRP for the buyer, that you decide over and above the 15% retained by TripleClicks. You can try out different scenarios with the pop up calculator until you're happy with the results before posting.
9x SUPPORT
Gillian S.

United Kingdom

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Thanks again
Thanks again
Phill R.

United Kingdom

Posted 8 months ago, edited 8 months ago More by pete n.

Hi Phill, From what I see you are not an ECA yet so first of all you need to become an ECA first before selling your products on tripleclicks. On the other hand,if the items are not new,you can just go to the sell page on TripeClicks and list them individually as used items. But if the items are new, you would need to buy a licence. If you already have a website where you are promoting the product, you can apply for an ECA store with the information on your online store and then once approved, you can now post and manage your store on TripleClicks the way it suits. On issue of currency, the ECA store has an option for currencies. In my case, I am in Ireland and I list my products in Euros. The option for UK pounds is there too. Before listing any product, you will also have the option of shipping, and the countries that you choose will be the only place the products will appear so you will not need to worry about who sees or buys the products. Before listing your product, there is a tool in the ECA page that allows you to adjust the prices and % profits as it suits you so you know straight away your profit margin before you list the product. Once the product is approved, locate the product in your ECA store, open the SFI tool on the product and you will see a full breakdown of all % shares, CV, VP and all of that information for the product. If you are looking to commit to the ECA store in TripleClicks, I would say go ahead, it is well worth it. Once you have your store, all the tools you need to list and adjust your profits will be in you TConnect website so you do not need to worry. Hope this helps. Goodluck.
Hi Phill,
From what I see you are not an ECA yet so first of all you need to become an ECA first before selling your products on tripleclicks.

On the other hand,if the items are not new,you can just go to the sell page on TripeClicks and list them individually as used items. But if the items are new, you would need to buy a licence.

If you already have a website where you are promoting the product, you can apply for an ECA store with the information on your online store and then once approved, you can now post and manage your store on TripleClicks the way it suits.

On issue of currency, the ECA store has an option for currencies. In my case, I am in Ireland and I list my products in Euros. The option for UK pounds is there too.

Before listing any product, you will also have the option of shipping, and the countries that you choose will be the only place the products will appear so you will not need to worry about who sees or buys the products.

Before listing your product, there is a tool in the ECA page that allows you to adjust the prices and % profits as it suits you so you know straight away your profit margin before you list the product.

Once the product is approved, locate the product in your ECA store, open the SFI tool on the product and you will see a full breakdown of all % shares, CV, VP and all of that information for the product.

If you are looking to commit to the ECA store in TripleClicks, I would say go ahead, it is well worth it.

Once you have your store, all the tools you need to list and adjust your profits will be in you TConnect website so you do not need to worry.

Hope this helps. Goodluck.
pete n.

Ireland

Thanks for info. Can you give store location so I can take a look or is that against the 'rules'?
Thanks for info. Can you give store location so I can take a look or is that against the 'rules'?
Phill R.

United Kingdom

Posted 8 months ago More by pete n.

Yes it is against the RULES.But just go ahead and get your ECA store and you will have all the tools to help you.
Yes it is against the RULES.But just go ahead and get your ECA store and you will have all the tools to help you.
pete n.

Ireland

| Edit settings