Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

"Have to do" vs "Want to do"

Posted 9 days ago

We as humans have been given the intelligence to train our minds on how we view the work we need to accomplish and also in what manner we will perform that work. This is known as our “mind set” in how we approach the work we are to do within our home business and our everyday lives. The mind set in which you work your SFI and TripleClicks business will determine your overall success. Now let’s deal with the title of this thread – the “Have to do” and the Want to do” – both of these titles are a mindset that show up on the forum many times a week. Team leaders telling new affiliates they “[b]have to do[/b]” so and so to succeed. New people asking, [b]“Do I “have to do[/b]” this to get so and so? New affiliates and Team Leaders alike asking, “What do I [b]“have to do”[/b] to get so and so. Remember when you were a child and were told to do something (a have to do) the first thing that may have come to your mind was “not wanting to do it” (most children)! and as children often do, will try to find an excuse not to do it or avoid doing it altogether and suffer the consequences. This creates a negative mindset towards the words “having to do” something will follow us the rest of our lives. On the other hand, when as a child, we were asked to do something that we “want to do,” We would jump for joy and couldn’t wait to get started. We would get so excited that we would tell all our friends that we get to do something we “Wanted to do.” We’d behave and do everything possible that we could, so we would be able to do what we “wanted to do.” This creates a positive mindset towards the words “Want to do” that will follow us the rest of our lives. Now how do you look at your SFI business? Do you work your daily activities as a “have to project” Like, “I have to turn the red tabs green.” that makes your business building more of a drudgery. Simply change it to “I want to” turn those red tabs green, this is a positive mindset that will help you succeed. If you find yourself making statements like “I have to do” so and so – change them to “I want to do” so and so. [b] I want to[/b] advertise as much as I can to gain new affiliates and sales. [b]I want to[/b] gather all the VP I possible can each month to gain higher rank and pay. [b] I want to[/b] learn all I can to help as many people as I can become successful as I am. Apply the[b] “I want to do” mindset to all the aspects of your SFI business[/b] and you will experience a faster growth in your business activities and greater income levels will be reached sooner. And your building activities will become addictive because you will want to do what it takes to be successful. To Your Success
We as humans have been given the intelligence to train our minds on how we view the work we need to accomplish and also in what manner we will perform that work.

This is known as our “mind set” in how we approach the work we are to do within our home business and our everyday lives. The mind set in which you work your SFI and TripleClicks business will determine your overall success.

Now let’s deal with the title of this thread – the “Have to do” and the Want to do” – both of these titles are a mindset that show up on the forum many times a week.

Team leaders telling new affiliates they “have to do” so and so to succeed.
New people asking, “Do I “have to do” this to get so and so?
New affiliates and Team Leaders alike asking, “What do I “have to do” to get so and so.

Remember when you were a child and were told to do something (a have to do) the first thing that may have come to your mind was “not wanting to do it” (most children)! and as children often do, will try to find an excuse not to do it or avoid doing it altogether and suffer the consequences. This creates a negative mindset towards the words “having to do” something will follow us the rest of our lives.

On the other hand, when as a child, we were asked to do something that we “want to do,” We would jump for joy and couldn’t wait to get started. We would get so excited that we would tell all our friends that we get to do something we “Wanted to do.” We’d behave and do everything possible that we could, so we would be able to do what we “wanted to do.” This creates a positive mindset towards the words “Want to do” that will follow us the rest of our lives.

Now how do you look at your SFI business? Do you work your daily activities as a “have to project” Like, “I have to turn the red tabs green.” that makes your business building more of a drudgery. Simply change it to “I want to” turn those red tabs green, this is a positive mindset that will help you succeed.

If you find yourself making statements like “I have to do” so and so – change them to “I want to do” so and so.

I want to advertise as much as I can to gain new affiliates and sales.
I want to gather all the VP I possible can each month to gain higher rank and pay.
I want to learn all I can to help as many people as I can become successful as I am.

Apply the “I want to do” mindset to all the aspects of your SFI business and you will experience a faster growth in your business activities and greater income levels will be reached sooner. And your building activities will become addictive because you will want to do what it takes to be successful.

To Your Success
51x SUPPORT
Wayne C

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Hi Wayne, Words of wisdom indeed. Thank you for the great post. It's always harder to get folks to do things if you do not "ask" them properly. Explaining why they should makes it much easier for them to gain that "Want to" attitude. Have a blessed weekend, Donald K.
Hi Wayne,

Words of wisdom indeed. Thank you for the great post.

It's always harder to get folks to do things if you do not "ask" them properly. Explaining why they should makes it much easier for them to gain that "Want to" attitude.

Have a blessed weekend,
Donald K.
4x SUPPORT
Donald K

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

I also interchange "I get to" instead of I have to. I get to change. I get to advertise. I get to learn and to help my people. I get to gather all the VP to advance and grow. I find when I say "I have to" I get to change my language and I learn something new about myself that I had not seen before. I love to see like minded people. Marvell H
I also interchange "I get to" instead of I have to.

I get to change.
I get to advertise.
I get to learn and to help my people.
I get to gather all the VP to advance and grow.

I find when I say "I have to" I get to change my language and I learn something new about myself that I had not seen before. I love to see like minded people.

Marvell H
SUPPORT
Marvell H

United States

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Great advice Wayne :blush: I have only one but ..... I hope our affiliates want succeed here - so they will want to do daily tasks and other things we suggest them for their progress here. There are some things our children have to do for their better, even if they do not wish :-) If one loves to read, but does not want to read a LaunchPad, how can I explain that is "Must Read" content? Of course, the choice is always on everyone of us .... I am dreaming about an Affiliate who says - I want to succeed, show me the way! If he asks me - do I have to? .... I always say - It's upon you! We're dealing with 18+ people, and I hope that at least some of them will do not only what they want to, but what it takes to make it here. I'm pleased to see your words here, this is an excllent reminder, how to get Win-Win situation. So, I will try - no more have to - I will make the wish list for them :blush: Thank you :-)
Great advice Wayne

I have only one but ..... I hope our affiliates want succeed here - so they will want to do daily tasks and other things we suggest them for their progress here.
There are some things our children have to do for their better, even if they do not wish :-) If one loves to read, but does not want to read a LaunchPad, how can I explain that is "Must Read" content? Of course, the choice is always on everyone of us .... I am dreaming about an Affiliate who says - I want to succeed, show me the way!
If he asks me - do I have to? .... I always say - It's upon you! We're dealing with 18+ people, and I hope that at least some of them will do not only what they want to, but what it takes to make it here.

I'm pleased to see your words here, this is an excllent reminder, how to get Win-Win situation. So, I will try - no more have to - I will make the wish list for them
Thank you :-)
17x SUPPORT
Tatjana G

Croatia

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Great post Wayne. There are, of course, some things we "have to do" as part of our everyday work. [b]"Wanting to" requires belief/faith.[/b] I have struggled with this myself in the past, as I'm sure many others have. If we find it difficult to believe that our actions will result in success, it's hard to "want to" do certain things. That's why it's so important to keep reading and learning and getting motivated from from the positive input of others; especially here at the forum where others share their knowledge and successes. Like you. Thanks for the reminder about having the right mindset!
Great post Wayne. There are, of course, some things we "have to do" as part of our everyday work. "Wanting to" requires belief/faith. I have struggled with this myself in the past, as I'm sure many others have. If we find it difficult to believe that our actions will result in success, it's hard to "want to" do certain things. That's why it's so important to keep reading and learning and getting motivated from from the positive input of others; especially here at the forum where others share their knowledge and successes. Like you. Thanks for the reminder about having the right mindset!
SUPPORT
Keith D

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Hello Wayne, Sometimes when I am so exhausted from work, I do assume the [b]have to do[/b] mindset. I really wish I didn't have to sign in but I do because I want my SFI business to keep moving. The truth is that [b]we will do what we need to do to get what we want.[/b] Thanks for this article.
Hello Wayne,

Sometimes when I am so exhausted from work, I do assume the have to do mindset. I really wish I didn't have to sign in but I do because I want my SFI business to keep moving. The truth is that we will do what we need to do to get what we want. Thanks for this article.
8x SUPPORT
Keneisha W

Jamaica

Posted 9 days ago

Hello Marvell H, [b]"I get to change. I get to advertise. I get to learn and to help my people. I get to gather all the VP to advance and grow."[/b] Excellent view - That kind of talking will always make it easier to complete task that are mundane or daunting to complete. To Your Success
Hello Marvell H,

"I get to change.
I get to advertise.
I get to learn and to help my people.
I get to gather all the VP to advance and grow."

Excellent view - That kind of talking will always make it easier to complete task that are mundane or daunting to complete.

To Your Success
51x SUPPORT
Wayne C

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Hello Tatjana G. ":-) If one loves to read, but does not want to read a LaunchPad, how can I explain that is "Must Read" content? Of course, the choice is always on everyone of us .... I am dreaming about an Affiliate who says - I want to succeed, show me the way! If he asks me - do I have to? .... I always say - It's upon you! We're dealing with 18+ people, and I hope that at least some of them will do not only what they want to, but what it takes to make it here."[b][/b] I know we are dealing with most people who are 18+ years old - Even as adults there are many things that we "have to do" but we also have the power to change how we react to the things we "have to do" by turning them into something rewarding so our mind will see them as a desire to do. When a down-line teammate ask me if they "have to do" something I always tell them "NO" in SFI you are allowed to do what ever you desire in building your business - I then tell them "if you choose to do so and so this is the kind of result you could expect. In other words I try to turn the "have to" into a "want to" by sharing the positive results of the work they are asking about. To Your Success
Hello Tatjana G.

":-) If one loves to read, but does not want to read a LaunchPad, how can I explain that is "Must Read" content? Of course, the choice is always on everyone of us .... I am dreaming about an Affiliate who says - I want to succeed, show me the way!
If he asks me - do I have to? .... I always say - It's upon you! We're dealing with 18+ people, and I hope that at least some of them will do not only what they want to, but what it takes to make it here."

I know we are dealing with most people who are 18+ years old - Even as adults there are many things that we "have to do" but we also have the power to change how we react to the things we "have to do" by turning them into something rewarding so our mind will see them as a desire to do.

When a down-line teammate ask me if they "have to do" something I always tell them "NO" in SFI you are allowed to do what ever you desire in building your business - I then tell them "if you choose to do so and so this is the kind of result you could expect. In other words I try to turn the "have to" into a "want to" by sharing the positive results of the work they are asking about.

To Your Success
51x SUPPORT
Wayne C

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Thanks Wayne, Like the message here, when you like the work. You do with your SFI business. There more production! More chance of success with your SFI business.:rocket:
Thanks Wayne, Like the message here, when you like the work. You do with your SFI business. There more production!
More chance of success with your SFI business.
12x SUPPORT
Nelson B

United States

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Liked by Wayne C Sara F

Posted 9 days ago

Hello Keith D, I really do agree with you - there are many days that go by that I feel that "I have to" do this or that to further my business or daily activities. What I am trying to share comes from a mindset of doing my best to convert everything into a "want to do" mode of thinking - When I do that, I find those "hard" days where "have to do's " are easier to accomplish. The more "want to do" attitude I keep the easier it is for me to push through when things aren't so pleasant. To Your Success
Hello Keith D,

I really do agree with you - there are many days that go by that I feel that "I have to" do this or that to further my business or daily activities.

What I am trying to share comes from a mindset of doing my best to convert everything into a "want to do" mode of thinking - When I do that, I find those "hard" days where "have to do's " are easier to accomplish. The more "want to do" attitude I keep the easier it is for me to push through when things aren't so pleasant.

To Your Success
51x SUPPORT
Wayne C

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Be definite. Be specific. Know what you want. And do it. I will... I can... I am... Hi, Wayne! Wise words proven through the ages. Our mind-set holds us trapped. Our minds-trappings needs releasing. The way we think our mind is superior is our human folly. What worked before does not necessarily work as well today. The ageless youth of today are born fearless. How do we inspire them with a definite of purpose. What motive do we provide them to embrace a desire to succeed. Provide a desire, a purpose, in their own minds-eye, to embrace it and to use it. Be definite. Be specific. We instinctively know. We intuitively know what we want and when we want it. I am sure, this is the logic when we complete our profile in our Affiliates Management page - our snapshot. Thanks for the opportunity to extend on your words of wisdom. Be as wise as we can be. Stay safe. Be blessed. And so it is.
Be definite. Be specific.
Know what you want. And do it.
I will... I can... I am...

Hi, Wayne!
Wise words proven through the ages.

Our mind-set holds us trapped.
Our minds-trappings needs releasing.
The way we think our mind is superior is our human folly.

What worked before does not necessarily work as well today.

The ageless youth of today are born fearless.
How do we inspire them with a definite of purpose.
What motive do we provide them to embrace a desire to succeed.

Provide a desire, a purpose, in their own minds-eye, to embrace it and to use it.
Be definite. Be specific. We instinctively know. We intuitively know what we want and when we want it.
I am sure, this is the logic when we complete our profile in our Affiliates Management page - our snapshot.

Thanks for the opportunity to extend on your words of wisdom.

Be as wise as we can be.
Stay safe. Be blessed.
And so it is.

Patrick F

New Zealand

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 9 days ago

Hello Keneisha W, [b]Sometimes when I am so exhausted from work, I do assume the have to do mindset. I really wish I didn't have to sign in but I do because I want my SFI business to keep moving. The truth is that we will do what we need to do to get what we want. Thanks[/b] It is true that we will do what we need to do to get what we want - I agree with that fully - I also know what it is like to log in and work the business when I am ready to fall on my face because of exhaustion or (lately) almost unbearable pain to sit at a computer. But because of the years of training my thought pattern into "wanting" to do what it takes for success then I find it easier to work through those times when I would rather skip a day or two. I see my SFI and TripleClicks business as a "fun" thing to do - therefore no matter how successful I get at it I will always enjoy the trip on getting there, despite the hard work and dedication it takes. To Your Success
Hello Keneisha W,

Sometimes when I am so exhausted from work, I do assume the have to do mindset. I really wish I didn't have to sign in but I do because I want my SFI business to keep moving. The truth is that we will do what we need to do to get what we want. Thanks

It is true that we will do what we need to do to get what we want - I agree with that fully - I also know what it is like to log in and work the business when I am ready to fall on my face because of exhaustion or (lately) almost unbearable pain to sit at a computer.

But because of the years of training my thought pattern into "wanting" to do what it takes for success then I find it easier to work through those times when I would rather skip a day or two.

I see my SFI and TripleClicks business as a "fun" thing to do - therefore no matter how successful I get at it I will always enjoy the trip on getting there, despite the hard work and dedication it takes.

To Your Success
51x SUPPORT
Wayne C

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Liked by Sara F Gilbert M

| Edit settings