Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Localvantia Pre-Launch! Posts by SFI Corporate

Posted 5 months ago More by Gery

[quote=984391]My question is this, if I have a client who has completed his /her services, how is the the payment going to be made. Is it going to be paid directly to SFI Cooperate before getting to me or paid directly to me and I will have to process the pool sharing fee with Sfi?[/quote] Hi Kenneth, For all Localvantia sales, the customer buys direct with the merchant and pays the merchant directly. Same as with any purchase from any customer. The SFI affiliate or TC member then submits a points claim. We invoice the Localvantia merchant for the cost of the points, and once the merchant pays the invoice the points appear in the buyer's account. Please review the announcement for more details on this process.
Kenneth N. posted:
My question is this, if I have a client who has completed his /her services, how is the the payment going to be made. Is it going to be paid directly to SFI Cooperate before getting to me or paid directly to me and I will have to process the pool sharing fee with Sfi?

Hi Kenneth,

For all Localvantia sales, the customer buys direct with the merchant and pays the merchant directly. Same as with any purchase from any customer.

The SFI affiliate or TC member then submits a points claim. We invoice the Localvantia merchant for the cost of the points, and once the merchant pays the invoice the points appear in the buyer's account.

Please review the announcement for more details on this process.
Gery

United States

[quote=984821]Hello Mr. Gery. Thank you very much for this wonderful and excellent program. Hats off to you Sir! for coming up with such a brilliant concept! I would like to know what will be the criteria to validate the payment receipt which the affiliates uploads? Most of the stores here don't give printed receipt or no receipt at all. Even if when we ask for the receipt they just give us the hand written receipt. :wink: [/quote] In most countries, a receipt when buying something is a given. I guess you will have to ask for a receipt, handwritten or otherwise.
Munish Y. posted:
Hello Mr. Gery.
Thank you very much for this wonderful and excellent program.
Hats off to you Sir! for coming up with such a brilliant concept!

I would like to know what will be the criteria to validate the payment receipt which the affiliates uploads?
Most of the stores here don't give printed receipt or no receipt at all. Even if when we ask for the receipt they just give us the hand written receipt.

In most countries, a receipt when buying something is a given. I guess you will have to ask for a receipt, handwritten or otherwise.
Gery

United States

[quote=984832]I know we are to take photos of business and fill out the pre-registration form for Localvantia. My question is, if this business has several locations across your country, will their franchises all be included or just the location that the photo was taken? If not what would be the incentive for a business to signup in a rual area with only a couple affiliates? Thank you, Brian C.[/quote] Hi Brian, 1. I think it's mostly a moot point at this juncture. Major, multimillion dollar corporations are probably not going to sign up with Localvantia any time soon, it's just too hard to get to the decision-makers. If you are able to get one, however, we'll figure out the fairest way to divide the earnings on a case by case basis. That's the best answer I can give at this time. There will no doubt be other situations like this where we will have to determine the best policy. 2. There is more to Localvantia than just the opportunity to tap into an existing base of members, and more features for the merchants are being developed as well. Plus, it can be "self-perpetuating" thing. That is, sign up a popular local business and the current small base of local affiliates may grow into a much bigger base...and then off it can go, building upon itself...attracting more and more affiliates and merchants!
Brian C. posted:
I know we are to take photos of business and fill out the pre-registration form for Localvantia. My question is, if this business has several locations across your country, will their franchises all be included or just the location that the photo was taken? If not what would be the incentive for a business to signup in a rual area with only a couple affiliates? Thank you, Brian C.

Hi Brian,

1. I think it's mostly a moot point at this juncture. Major, multimillion dollar corporations are probably not going to sign up with Localvantia any time soon, it's just too hard to get to the decision-makers. If you are able to get one, however, we'll figure out the fairest way to divide the earnings on a case by case basis. That's the best answer I can give at this time. There will no doubt be other situations like this where we will have to determine the best policy.

2. There is more to Localvantia than just the opportunity to tap into an existing base of members, and more features for the merchants are being developed as well. Plus, it can be "self-perpetuating" thing. That is, sign up a popular local business and the current small base of local affiliates may grow into a much bigger base...and then off it can go, building upon itself...attracting more and more affiliates and merchants!
Gery

United States

[quote=984823]Currently those who can't spend money to help them get their ranks etc (Sales/Purchases VP), have to just work harder - at their advertising, making sales etc - it's a "disadvantage" many who can't afford to spend much just accept - but with Localvantia it seems there will be a new group of people who are "disadvantaged" - those who cannot "just pop down to their usual local shop and get VP when they buy their usual things"...[/quote] Of course we can't just magically make everything equal for every affiliate across the globe. And surely you wouldn't want us to stop innovating just because one person may have an advantage over another, would you? If we came out with a new program that YOU were positioned to do big, big things with...would you prefer we not come out with it because someone somewhere else is not quite so well positioned? Remember, a big part of SFI is our [b]shared success[/b]...such as the TripleClicks Executive Pool...where EVERY affiliate prospers if that pool grows. Localvantia is a win/win for ALL affiliates even if some cannot participate as robustly in pre-registering or accessing the Localvantia network.
Teresa S. posted:
Currently those who can't spend money to help them get their ranks etc (Sales/Purchases VP), have to just work harder - at their advertising, making sales etc - it's a "disadvantage" many who can't afford to spend much just accept - but with Localvantia it seems there will be a new group of people who are "disadvantaged" - those who cannot "just pop down to their usual local shop and get VP when they buy their usual things"...

Of course we can't just magically make everything equal for every affiliate across the globe. And surely you wouldn't want us to stop innovating just because one person may have an advantage over another, would you?

If we came out with a new program that YOU were positioned to do big, big things with...would you prefer we not come out with it because someone somewhere else is not quite so well positioned? Remember, a big part of SFI is our shared success...such as the TripleClicks Executive Pool...where EVERY affiliate prospers if that pool grows. Localvantia is a win/win for ALL affiliates even if some cannot participate as robustly in pre-registering or accessing the Localvantia network.
Gery

United States

[quote=984935]Procedural details is needed to learn or earn the benefits![/quote] What more do you need than the details provided in the announcement? Pre-registration is a very simple process (essentially take a photo and enter the merchant's name and address). Then be prepared to follow-up using the system we will provide you with to close the merchant later in the year. I would caution you not to miss out on the opportunity to pre-register the popular merchants in your area just because you don't have every single fine detail. Have we not proven, in nearly 20 years, that we take care of our affiliates and provide great tools?
Manindra Nath B. posted:
Procedural details is needed to learn or earn the benefits!

What more do you need than the details provided in the announcement?

Pre-registration is a very simple process (essentially take a photo and enter the merchant's name and address). Then be prepared to follow-up using the system we will provide you with to close the merchant later in the year.

I would caution you not to miss out on the opportunity to pre-register the popular merchants in your area just because you don't have every single fine detail. Have we not proven, in nearly 20 years, that we take care of our affiliates and provide great tools?
Gery

United States

[quote=984922][quote=984871][quote=984821]Hello Mr. Gery. Thank you very much for this wonderful and excellent program. Hats off to you Sir! for coming up with such a brilliant concept! I would like to know what will be the criteria to validate the payment receipt which the affiliates uploads? Most of the stores here don't give printed receipt or no receipt at all. Even if when we ask for the receipt they just give us the hand written receipt. :wink: [/quote] In most countries, a receipt when buying something is a given. I guess you will have to ask for a receipt, handwritten or otherwise.[/quote] When you say "receipt"...do you mean the receipt with our name on it, or just the " cassa block" as we call it...as it is the usual thing we get when we pay in supermarkets or other stores? [/quote] Receipts with names on them are rare in my experience since the merchant normally doesn't know your name. You'll simply submit the document you're given when you buy something (typically, these will show the date, time, and amount of the sale). That's all that's needed.
Tanja K. posted:
Gery posted:
Munish Y. posted:
Hello Mr. Gery.
Thank you very much for this wonderful and excellent program.
Hats off to you Sir! for coming up with such a brilliant concept!

I would like to know what will be the criteria to validate the payment receipt which the affiliates uploads?
Most of the stores here don't give printed receipt or no receipt at all. Even if when we ask for the receipt they just give us the hand written receipt.

In most countries, a receipt when buying something is a given. I guess you will have to ask for a receipt, handwritten or otherwise.

When you say "receipt"...do you mean the receipt with our name on it,
or just the " cassa block" as we call it...as it is the usual thing we get when we
pay in supermarkets or other stores?

Receipts with names on them are rare in my experience since the merchant normally doesn't know your name. You'll simply submit the document you're given when you buy something (typically, these will show the date, time, and amount of the sale). That's all that's needed.
Gery

United States

[quote=984966]I observed it doesn't concern merchant(s) in African countries. If I am wrong please correct me.[/quote] What would make you think this? The program is for ALL local merchants in ALL countries, of course including all countries on the great continent of Africa!
Israel F. posted:
I observed it doesn't concern merchant(s) in African countries. If I am wrong please correct me.

What would make you think this? The program is for ALL local merchants in ALL countries, of course including all countries on the great continent of Africa!
Gery

United States

[quote=984991][quote=984970][quote=984966]I observed it doesn't concern merchant(s) in African countries. If I am wrong please correct me.[/quote] What would make you think this? The program is for ALL local merchants in ALL countries, of course including all countries on the great continent of Africa![/quote] It is because I can't see African countries listed under the drop down 'State/Province' [/quote] If we're not able to identify the states/provinces of a country, we can't list them on the pull-down. So you'd just list the country and not a state/province. I suspect there are lots of countries that we don't have the states/provinces for. If you can point us to an accurate source of the states/provinces of every African country, we may be able to add them. Thank you.
Israel F. posted:
Gery posted:
Israel F. posted:
I observed it doesn't concern merchant(s) in African countries. If I am wrong please correct me.

What would make you think this? The program is for ALL local merchants in ALL countries, of course including all countries on the great continent of Africa!

It is because I can't see African countries listed under the drop down 'State/Province'

If we're not able to identify the states/provinces of a country, we can't list them on the pull-down. So you'd just list the country and not a state/province. I suspect there are lots of countries that we don't have the states/provinces for.

If you can point us to an accurate source of the states/provinces of every African country, we may be able to add them. Thank you.
Gery

United States

[quote=985036]Gery- I realize that Localvantia has just been announced and that we are in the pre-stages. That being said, I have a few questions that I hope you will answer. (1) What will happen if I try to pre-register a business that has already been pre-registered? (2) Are there any types of businesses that we are NOT allowed to pre-register? (3) How long will businesses have to decide if they want to become a member of Localvantia? [/quote] 1. The database where you'll enter your pre-registrations contains every merchant registered to date. If you attempt to enter a business already in the system, it's going to let you know you cannot continue. Note that we'll likely provide a way soon for you to pre-check the database (wouldn't want you to drive across town, take a photo, etc., only to find the merchant is already in the system). 2. Well, there may indeed be some types of business we'd prefer not to associate with. Once we identify such businesses, we'll definitely publish a list. I suspect, however, it will be quite small since most "bad" businesses are not going to have a place on main street, so to speak. 3. We'll likely leave this very open-ended to allow time for multiple follow-ups. That said, if the referrer has a really poor track record (lots of pre-registrations with few or no conversions), the account might very well be transferred to a proven closer in the area after a shorter period. Don't get me wrong, we'll give everyone a fair opportunity to close the merchants they've signed up, but we won't be as patient with those who aren't getting the job done if there are others in the same area who are. UPDATE: I just realized, on your third question, you were actually asking the question from the merchant's perspective. For the merchant, I'd say we'll keep the door open indefinitely. Why not, right?
Thomas M. posted:
Gery-

I realize that Localvantia has just been announced and that we are in the pre-stages.

That being said, I have a few questions that I hope you will answer.

(1) What will happen if I try to pre-register a business that has already been pre-registered?

(2) Are there any types of businesses that we are NOT allowed to pre-register?

(3) How long will businesses have to decide if they want to become a member of Localvantia?

1. The database where you'll enter your pre-registrations contains every merchant registered to date. If you attempt to enter a business already in the system, it's going to let you know you cannot continue. Note that we'll likely provide a way soon for you to pre-check the database (wouldn't want you to drive across town, take a photo, etc., only to find the merchant is already in the system).

2. Well, there may indeed be some types of business we'd prefer not to associate with. Once we identify such businesses, we'll definitely publish a list. I suspect, however, it will be quite small since most "bad" businesses are not going to have a place on main street, so to speak.

3. We'll likely leave this very open-ended to allow time for multiple follow-ups. That said, if the referrer has a really poor track record (lots of pre-registrations with few or no conversions), the account might very well be transferred to a proven closer in the area after a shorter period. Don't get me wrong, we'll give everyone a fair opportunity to close the merchants they've signed up, but we won't be as patient with those who aren't getting the job done if there are others in the same area who are.

UPDATE: I just realized, on your third question, you were actually asking the question from the merchant's perspective. For the merchant, I'd say we'll keep the door open indefinitely. Why not, right?
Gery

United States

[quote=985070][quote=985054]Hello, I find this initiative really interesting, I am (as I have seen) the first Italian writer in this trend, I read almost all the answers, but I hope you want to answer some doubts that surely will take me and so many other people. 1 you said that you just have to take a photo at the company, but in Italy you need a contact before, the law (if I'm not mistaken) would take this as a violation. So I recommend a pre-contact with the shopkeeper, to avoid any complaint or complaint. In this pre-contact, companies will want to know the basic things, including costs, we talked about 0.02c for $ 1, but will there be any entry fees or will it be all free to access it? 2 advertising material is to make this initiative known and to follow up, will be available in several languages ​​including Italian? Google does not meet the best requirements for a perfect translation. 3 I did not understand, correct if I'm wrong, but will the contact be made by the company or will it be done by the person who reported the reseller? In the event that the company will duplicate the message so that those who have to follow up can go to the business to ask if they have seen "everything started and they are part of it"? 4 can invoice payments be considered as an advertising cost? In Italy, are 100% deductible costs, while others would have a smaller percentage, and will they receive a monthly bill for costs or from time to time? This is because a bar can make hundreds of coffee a day and if it has to register $ 1 at a time it becomes crazy. (It's just an example) In Italy, I think I can have a great deal of development, as the ECA program has not taken much for cost, high competition and few Italians active, and this program can also be a turning point to reactivate SFI's sleepers. [b]I'm sorry if there are errors but I use google translate, and unfortunately it is not perfect. [/b] thank you Mirko Zulian[/quote] I would just like to recommend here something.... If SFI is going to prepare some flyers in different languages...PLEASE, use us, affiliates, to help you translate them into our native languages... DO NOT rely on Google Translator! [/quote] Absolutely not! When we translate banners, flyers, etc. into other languages, we always use the services of a professional translator.
Tanja K. posted:
Mirko Z. posted:
Hello,
I find this initiative really interesting, I am (as I have seen) the first Italian writer in this trend, I read almost all the answers, but I hope you want to answer some doubts that surely will take me and so many other people.

1 you said that you just have to take a photo at the company, but in Italy you need a contact before, the law (if I'm not mistaken) would take this as a violation.
So I recommend a pre-contact with the shopkeeper, to avoid any complaint or complaint.
In this pre-contact, companies will want to know the basic things, including costs, we talked about 0.02c for $ 1, but will there be any entry fees or will it be all free to access it?

2 advertising material is to make this initiative known and to follow up, will be available in several languages ​​including Italian? Google does not meet the best requirements for a perfect translation.

3 I did not understand, correct if I'm wrong, but will the contact be made by the company or will it be done by the person who reported the reseller? In the event that the company will duplicate the message so that those who have to follow up can go to the business to ask if they have seen "everything started and they are part of it"?

4 can invoice payments be considered as an advertising cost? In Italy, are 100% deductible costs, while others would have a smaller percentage, and will they receive a monthly bill for costs or from time to time?
This is because a bar can make hundreds of coffee a day and if it has to register $ 1 at a time it becomes crazy. (It's just an example)

In Italy, I think I can have a great deal of development, as the ECA program has not taken much for cost, high competition and few Italians active, and this program can also be a turning point to reactivate SFI's sleepers.

I'm sorry if there are errors but I use google translate, and unfortunately it is not perfect.

thank you
Mirko Zulian

I would just like to recommend here something....
If SFI is going to prepare some flyers in different languages...PLEASE, use
us, affiliates, to help you translate them into our native languages...
DO NOT rely on Google Translator!

Absolutely not! When we translate banners, flyers, etc. into other languages, we always use the services of a professional translator.
Gery

United States

[quote=985159]This is a welcome development with a lot of juicy opportunity, bravo to SFI. My suggestion is, if SFI can help in the area of shipping in Nigeria it will be easier, because to ship to Nigeria is quite expensive to deal with. Thank you Sir Gery [/quote] Sir, the whole point of Localvantia is that it eliminates shipping issues from the equation.
Sunday J. posted:
This is a welcome development with a lot of juicy opportunity, bravo to SFI.

My suggestion is, if SFI can help in the area of shipping in Nigeria it will be easier,
because to ship to Nigeria is quite expensive to deal with.

Thank you Sir Gery

Sir, the whole point of Localvantia is that it eliminates shipping issues from the equation.
Gery

United States

[quote=985213]This could and will likely be a very profitable program. Yes, indeed. I also want to level set and be realistic. If we need to manage these merchants to keep the accounts, then this could also become a lot work where the benefit, VP, may not out run the cost. I am not trying to be the grinch but for level of involvement expected, is the reward of VP enough incentive for some enough motivation to stay a top of their accounts. Only time will tell. :eyes: -Stefan[/quote] Hi Stephen, Getting them signed up, a one time event, is the extent of it for most accounts, maybe 99% or more. So a one-time close, which can be done in a number of ways, and you can be locked in for significant residual income for years to come. So, yes, it's a true opportunity.
Stefan A. posted:
This could and will likely be a very profitable program. Yes, indeed. I also want to level set and be realistic. If we need to manage these merchants to keep the accounts, then this could also become a lot work where the benefit, VP, may not out run the cost.

I am not trying to be the grinch but for level of involvement expected, is the reward of VP enough incentive for some enough motivation to stay a top of their accounts.

Only time will tell.

-Stefan

Hi Stephen,

Getting them signed up, a one time event, is the extent of it for most accounts, maybe 99% or more. So a one-time close, which can be done in a number of ways, and you can be locked in for significant residual income for years to come. So, yes, it's a true opportunity.
Gery

United States

| Edit settings