Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Back to the Basics - Starting Over

must-read post

Posted about 1 month ago More by Scott L.

One of the things for me about SFI now that I have been here over 7 years, is that most of the site that I focus on is relatively simple to me. For example, I don't focus much on games or auctions; I just do the basics every day to earn the VP, and move on. The SFI site is huge, but I keep to what works for me and what I know best. The problem becomes an issue for new PSA's. They don't necessarily think like I do, and so their expectations are entirely different from mine. Even if I have success, and show them the path that I have taken, generally means very little. In fact, as time goes on, I get further and further removed from what a new affiliate has to process from the first day they sign up. So today, it is back to the basics and starting over. I have read Launchpad Chapter One, and really tried to absorb it from the perspective of a brand new affiliate. And, I plan to incorporate some of the things in those chapters and lessons in my communication with my new PSA's - and probably in some of my social media posts as to what SFI has to offer a new person. I think it will be a most humbling and educational experience!
One of the things for me about SFI now that I have been here over 7 years, is that most of the site that I focus on is relatively simple to me. For example, I don't focus much on games or auctions; I just do the basics every day to earn the VP, and move on. The SFI site is huge, but I keep to what works for me and what I know best.

The problem becomes an issue for new PSA's. They don't necessarily think like I do, and so their expectations are entirely different from mine. Even if I have success, and show them the path that I have taken, generally means very little. In fact, as time goes on, I get further and further removed from what a new affiliate has to process from the first day they sign up.

So today, it is back to the basics and starting over. I have read Launchpad Chapter One, and really tried to absorb it from the perspective of a brand new affiliate. And, I plan to incorporate some of the things in those chapters and lessons in my communication with my new PSA's - and probably in some of my social media posts as to what SFI has to offer a new person.

I think it will be a most humbling and educational experience!
15x SUPPORT
Scott L.

Canada

Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago

Its always wise to go back to basics. I do it myself and every day I go back to a chapter I read before...not only I get some fresh eyes, It also provides me some good ideas to use on my next newsletter or stream tip so new psa´s can keep engaged :)
Its always wise to go back to basics.

I do it myself and every day I go back to a chapter I read before...not only I get some fresh eyes, It also provides me some good ideas to use on my next newsletter or stream tip so new psa´s can keep engaged :)
7x SUPPORT
Bruno D.

Norway

Posted about 1 month ago

[quote=1103317]One of the things for me about SFI now that I have been here over 7 years, is that most of the site that I focus on is relatively simple to me. For example, I don't focus much on games or auctions; I just do the basics every day to earn the VP, and move on. The SFI site is huge, but I keep to what works for me and what I know best. The problem becomes an issue for new PSA's. They don't necessarily think like I do, and so their expectations are entirely different from mine. Even if I have success, and show them the path that I have taken, generally means very little. In fact, as time goes on, I get further and further removed from what a new affiliate has to process from the first day they sign up. So today, it is back to the basics and starting over. I have read Launchpad Chapter One, and really tried to absorb it from the perspective of a brand new affiliate. And, I plan to incorporate some of the things in those chapters and lessons in my communication with my new PSA's - and probably in some of my social media posts as to what SFI has to offer a new person. I think it will be a most humbling and educational experience![/quote] Good for you Scott! I have learned a lot from forums and shared forums concerns in my https://www.sfimg.com/Resources/[b]LeadershipManager[/b] [b]for future PSAs I look forward to personally train face-to-face[/b] ... Jan :palm_tree:
Scott L. posted:
One of the things for me about SFI now that I have been here over 7 years, is that most of the site that I focus on is relatively simple to me. For example, I don't focus much on games or auctions; I just do the basics every day to earn the VP, and move on. The SFI site is huge, but I keep to what works for me and what I know best.

The problem becomes an issue for new PSA's. They don't necessarily think like I do, and so their expectations are entirely different from mine. Even if I have success, and show them the path that I have taken, generally means very little. In fact, as time goes on, I get further and further removed from what a new affiliate has to process from the first day they sign up.

So today, it is back to the basics and starting over. I have read Launchpad Chapter One, and really tried to absorb it from the perspective of a brand new affiliate. And, I plan to incorporate some of the things in those chapters and lessons in my communication with my new PSA's - and probably in some of my social media posts as to what SFI has to offer a new person.

I think it will be a most humbling and educational experience!

Good for you Scott!

I have learned a lot from forums and shared forums concerns in my www.sfimg.com/Resources/LeadershipManager for future PSAs I look forward to personally train face-to-face ...

Jan

Jan G.

United States

Posted about 1 month ago

[b] "I don't focus much on games or auctions"[/b] [img]https://i.imgflip.com/rjpnc.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1424628977i/13785344._SX540_.jpg[/img]
"I don't focus much on games or auctions"

209x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago

Very good advice, like always! Thank you Mr. Scott for sharing your thoughts with us. All best!
Very good advice, like always!

Thank you Mr. Scott for sharing your thoughts with us.
All best!
25x SUPPORT
Renata G.

Croatia

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago More by Scott L.

Oh yes I did! [img]https://i.imgur.com/CXIaOqv.jpg[/img]
Oh yes I did!
15x SUPPORT
Scott L.

Canada

Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago

everything in life goes back to the basics...:wink::thumbsup:
everything in life goes back to the basics...
Munish Y.

India

E365 Country Champion

Posted about 1 month ago

[quote=1103357]Oh yes I did! [img]https://i.imgur.com/CXIaOqv.jpg[/img][/quote] I'm not a gamer either. My only purpose in visiting the auctions is the bid'n build program. I don't bid to win anything because I couldn't pay for it if I wanted to. It's a tool to build my business. So neither tab gets much screen time for me. As for back to basics, never a bad move there. I'm currently using my weekly team mail to go through the Rules of Success. We covered rule 6 this week. I update my leadership page blog with each rule discussion as well.
Scott L. posted:
Oh yes I did!

I'm not a gamer either. My only purpose in visiting the auctions is the bid'n build program. I don't bid to win anything because I couldn't pay for it if I wanted to. It's a tool to build my business. So neither tab gets much screen time for me. As for back to basics, never a bad move there. I'm currently using my weekly team mail to go through the Rules of Success. We covered rule 6 this week. I update my leadership page blog with each rule discussion as well.
4x SUPPORT
Marilynn D.

Canada

Posted about 1 month ago

I enjoyed reading this thread Scott, very much :smiley: After being here 7 years and decided to experience how it looks like to the newbie, being in his shoes ... it shows you're great Leader, humble and great. For me this is one of the best contents I have read on this Forum, since I am here. Showing how the Leader should be ... never forget how it was dificcult at the start, and having always patience to meet the needs of the new member. Kudos for your decision and gesture :thumbsup: I appreciate especially that part about the Focus - so as a Leader you'll be able not only to understand what they meet at their start, but to show them better where to put attention. Thank you for this wonderful thread :blush:
I enjoyed reading this thread Scott, very much

After being here 7 years and decided to experience how it looks like to the newbie, being in his shoes ... it shows you're great Leader, humble and great. For me this is one of the best contents I have read on this Forum, since I am here.
Showing how the Leader should be ... never forget how it was dificcult at the start, and having always patience to meet the needs of the new member. Kudos for your decision and gesture

I appreciate especially that part about the Focus - so as a Leader you'll be able not only to understand what they meet at their start, but to show them better where to put attention.
Thank you for this wonderful thread
35x SUPPORT
Tatjana G.

Croatia

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago

I love it when you wrote "it's back to basics and starting over" Basics of course is the foundation and should never be ignored. Even though I have set backs, and visit the basics, I still play games at great lengths. Gaming is what I enjoyed most with SFI. Mine is a day with basics and 6days with games a week. Keep up the positive attitude, it's well encouraging to me. Thanks
I love it when you wrote "it's back to basics and starting over" Basics of course is the foundation and should never be ignored. Even though I have set backs, and visit the basics, I still play games at great lengths. Gaming is what I enjoyed most with SFI. Mine is a day with basics and 6days with games a week.

Keep up the positive attitude, it's well encouraging to me. Thanks
19x SUPPORT
Lawal S.

Nigeria

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago

Anyone that ails to align with the foundation, will always wondering at the roof of the house...foundation is the basics and helps toget grips of the nitty-gritty.
Anyone that ails to align with the foundation, will always wondering at
the roof of the house...foundation is the basics and helps toget grips of the nitty-gritty.
SUPPORT
Ofuonyebi '.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion

Posted about 1 month ago

Hi Scott, Great decision there. Once in a while it is important to get back to basics because it helps us explain to our new affiliates better. All the best as you "re-start" Gloria.
Hi Scott,
Great decision there. Once in a while it is important to get back to basics because it helps us explain to our new affiliates better.
All the best as you "re-start"

Gloria.
gloria M.

Zambia

| Edit settings