Earn FREE VP, FREE Bitcoin and more from local stores. SFI's new program, Localvantia, is live! LEARN MORE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Post on steam tab visible to our uplines!

Posted 21 days ago 1 Reply

Hi Zhumagul, That's a great idea. Although there might be a shotcoming of it, that is the more PSAs you have, the more posts you'll see which can be so overwhelming. But it will make a difference if it is categorized in the stream tab, like category for upline stream posts and another for downline stream posts.
Hi Zhumagul,
That's a great idea.
Although there might be a shotcoming of it, that is the more PSAs you have, the more posts you'll see which can be so overwhelming. But it will make a difference if it is categorized in the stream tab, like category for upline stream posts and another for downline stream posts.
2x SUPPORT
Isaac A.

Nigeria

Hi Zhumagul, We can only see Stream from our upline and Gery's corporate posts, but not from our downline. I look at it like this: When you grow your team big (and I mean BIG :smiley: ) just imagine how many posts there could be. I think that it would be very dificult to read them all. But most important, in such a mass of streams, you could miss the ones from your upline that could be very valuable for yourself. Best regards
Hi Zhumagul,
We can only see Stream from our upline and Gery's corporate posts, but not from our downline.
I look at it like this:
When you grow your team big (and I mean BIG
) just imagine how many posts there could be. I think that it would be very dificult to read them all.
But most important, in such a mass of streams, you could miss the ones from your upline that could be very valuable for yourself.
Best regards
16x SUPPORT
Goran M.

Slovenia

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 21 days ago

No, I want just my down-line to be able to read my posts. If I see something I want to show to my up-line, I copy it and send it by e-mail. Some of my up-line is less experienced than I am.
No, I want just my down-line to be able to read my posts.
If I see something I want to show to my up-line, I copy it and send it by e-mail.
Some of my up-line is less experienced than I am.
17x SUPPORT
mary b.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 21 days ago More by Zhumagul A.

[quote=1205155]Hi Zhumagul, We can only see Stream from our upline and Gery's corporate posts, but not from our downline. I look at it like this: When you grow your team big (and I mean BIG :smiley: ) just imagine how many posts there could be. I think that it would be very dificult to read them all. But most important, in such a mass of streams, you could miss the ones from your upline that could be very valuable for yourself. Best regards[/quote] Hi Goran M. I like the idea of categorizing so this way we would have a choice of which post to see for example: Recent Post from PSAs, Recent Post from CSAs, Recent Posts from My Uplines Something like the genealogy filter that we use for our downlines. :blush: Thank you for your reply! Zhumagul A.
Goran M. posted:
Hi Zhumagul,
We can only see Stream from our upline and Gery's corporate posts, but not from our downline.
I look at it like this:
When you grow your team big (and I mean BIG
) just imagine how many posts there could be. I think that it would be very dificult to read them all.
But most important, in such a mass of streams, you could miss the ones from your upline that could be very valuable for yourself.
Best regards

Hi Goran M.
I like the idea of categorizing so this way we would have a choice of which post to see for example:
Recent Post from PSAs, Recent Post from CSAs, Recent Posts from My Uplines
Something like the genealogy filter that we use for our downlines.

Thank you for your reply!
Zhumagul A.
6x SUPPORT
Zhumagul A.

United States

Liked by Janet S. Stephen D.

Posted 21 days ago More by Zhumagul A.

[quote=1205143]Hi Zhumagul, That's a great idea. Although there might be a shotcoming of it, that is the more PSAs you have, the more posts you'll see which can be so overwhelming. But it will make a difference if it is categorized in the stream tab, like category for upline stream posts and another for downline stream posts.[/quote] Hi Isaac A. Thank you so much for your reply. Categorizing is a really great idea. Thanks for adding that up.
Isaac A. posted:
Hi Zhumagul,
That's a great idea.
Although there might be a shotcoming of it, that is the more PSAs you have, the more posts you'll see which can be so overwhelming. But it will make a difference if it is categorized in the stream tab, like category for upline stream posts and another for downline stream posts.

Hi Isaac A.
Thank you so much for your reply. Categorizing is a really great idea. Thanks for adding that up.
6x SUPPORT
Zhumagul A.

United States

Liked by Stephen D.

Posted 21 days ago

Great idea, today I can see the uplines, why not see the dowlines. Let's wait for administrative position. Edson
Great idea, today I can see the uplines, why not see the dowlines. Let's wait for administrative position.
Edson
2x SUPPORT
EDSON P.

Brazil

Posted 21 days ago

[quote=1204929]I have over 200,000 people in my downline. If even 1% are active, that means 2000 posts that would start appearing. How in the world would I ever read them all? I would call this, too much information! :smile: I would think we would need a way to shut this off if it was ever implemented.[/quote] To solve this issue I would suggest that it only show your first 3 generation of PSAs for 2 reasons. 1. It would drastically reduce how cluttered your stream would be. 2. After 3 levels, your team should be building itself and restreaming your posts for you. Option 2 is to allow us to filter our stream depth.
Scott L. posted:
I have over 200,000 people in my downline. If even 1% are active, that means 2000 posts that would start appearing. How in the world would I ever read them all? I would call this, too much information!
I would think we would need a way to shut this off if it was ever implemented.

To solve this issue I would suggest that it only show your first 3 generation of PSAs for 2 reasons.

1. It would drastically reduce how cluttered your stream would be.
2. After 3 levels, your team should be building itself and restreaming your posts for you.

Option 2 is to allow us to filter our stream depth.
3x SUPPORT
Chris J.

United States

Posted 21 days ago

[quote=1204929]I have over 200,000 people in my downline. If even 1% are active, that means 2000 posts that would start appearing. How in the world would I ever read them all? I would call this, too much information! :smile: I would think we would need a way to shut this off if it was ever implemented.[/quote] Thank you Scott for putting some sample numbers so we can visualize the scale of the problem. I however think it would be very helpful if we could Select to Monitor at least our Fledgling-PSAs. :eyes: Respectfully, Stephen
Scott L. posted:
I have over 200,000 people in my downline. If even 1% are active, that means 2000 posts that would start appearing. How in the world would I ever read them all? I would call this, too much information!
I would think we would need a way to shut this off if it was ever implemented.

Thank you Scott for putting some sample numbers so we can visualize the scale of the problem.

I however think it would be very helpful if we could Select to Monitor at least our Fledgling-PSAs.

Respectfully,
Stephen
4x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Liked by SHELLEY L.

Very seldom is it wise to complicate the purpose of a tool. The Stream tab (not steam) is designed to help your Team, not your Sponsors, or up-line. This design is built on the duplication model, which moves downward (not both downward and upward). The suggestion would create such clutter that it would be rendered useless, in my opinion. You have ways to contact your up-line without them receiving an overload in the Stream Tab. [img]https://i.imgur.com/GTt0E5K.png[/img]
Very seldom is it wise to complicate the purpose of a tool. The Stream tab (not steam) is designed to help your Team, not your Sponsors, or up-line. This design is built on the duplication model, which moves downward (not both downward and upward).

The suggestion would create such clutter that it would be rendered useless, in my opinion. You have ways to contact your up-line without them receiving an overload in the Stream Tab.

219x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 21 days ago

Nice and much success!
Nice and much success!
Sinisa S.

Serbia

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Liked by SHELLEY L.

Posted 21 days ago More by Parameswaran K.

[quote=1205344]Very seldom is it wise to complicate the purpose of a tool. The Stream tab (not steam) is designed to help your Team, not your Sponsors, or up-line. This design is built on the duplication model, which moves downward (not both downward and upward). The suggestion would create such clutter that it would be rendered useless, in my opinion. You have ways to contact your up-line without them receiving an overload in the Stream Tab. [img]https://i.imgur.com/GTt0E5K.png[/img][/quote] Hi Randy, I cannot but agree with you so I would like to share the definition: "Glossary definition: Stream tab 11/07/2017 A tab on your Affiliate Center homepage from which you can instantly [b]send brief messages to your entire downline (including CSAs), as well as receive messages from your sponsor, upline Team Leaders, and SFI Corporate." [/b] Clutter it would be! Cheers
Randy I. posted:
Very seldom is it wise to complicate the purpose of a tool. The Stream tab (not steam) is designed to help your Team, not your Sponsors, or up-line. This design is built on the duplication model, which moves downward (not both downward and upward).

The suggestion would create such clutter that it would be rendered useless, in my opinion. You have ways to contact your up-line without them receiving an overload in the Stream Tab.

Hi Randy,

I cannot but agree with you so I would like to share the definition:

"Glossary definition: Stream tab
11/07/2017
A tab on your Affiliate Center homepage from which you can instantly send brief messages to your entire downline (including CSAs), as well as receive messages from your sponsor, upline Team Leaders, and SFI Corporate."

Clutter it would be!

Cheers
8x SUPPORT
Parameswaran K.

Malaysia

E365 Runner Up

Posted 21 days ago, edited 21 days ago

My opinion is the this one would not be much practical. If they all start to restream - you will find a lot of repetition on the Stream tab, and second - people often post congrats to their members on the Stream tab too. So you will find yourself as a Sponsor, reading a lot of congrats. There might be clutter too. The aim of the Stream is being a tool to Sponsor to reach his/her whole downline with short tips, informations and some congrats. Don't forget that you can click the chat bubble on the Stream and contact your Upline from there after reading his posting. Some of the members would not maybe like that their Uplines are reading their posts on Stream. I personally had a member who was thinking that my liking him on the Forum was a sort of a control. I know this is an extreme, but the way as the Stream is now, our members feel much more autonomy and liberty to express themself with their downline. If they want any feedback from us, as Uplines, they are free to contact us - but let them the freedom to manage their contacts with their downlines, without being interefered and monitored. This is my humble opinion :blush: Regards.
My opinion is the this one would not be much practical. If they all start to restream - you will find a lot of repetition on the Stream tab, and second - people often post congrats to their members on the Stream tab too. So you will find yourself as a Sponsor, reading a lot of congrats. There might be clutter too.
The aim of the Stream is being a tool to Sponsor to reach his/her whole downline with short tips, informations and some congrats. Don't forget that you can click the chat bubble on the Stream and contact your Upline from there after reading his posting.
Some of the members would not maybe like that their Uplines are reading their posts on Stream. I personally had a member who was thinking that my liking him on the Forum was a sort of a control. I know this is an extreme, but the way as the Stream is now, our members feel much more autonomy and liberty to express themself with their downline.

If they want any feedback from us, as Uplines, they are free to contact us - but let them the freedom to manage their contacts with their downlines, without being interefered and monitored.
This is my humble opinion
Regards.
37x SUPPORT
Tatjana G.

Croatia

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

| Edit settings