Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

$6 Lead Turns Into Millions of Dollars in Sales - Part 4

must-read post

Posted 7 months ago, edited 6 months ago More by Leon M.

[b]$6 Lead Turns Into Millions of Dollars in Sales - Part 4[/b] This is part 4 of how a $6 lead turned into millions of dollars in sales. The following is a backstory that has significant meaning to me on a personal and business level. If you did not have a chance to read part 1 then click here: [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1364779#post-1364779]Part 1[/url] If you did not have a chance to read part 2 then click here: [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1365740#post-1365740]Part 2[/url] If you did not have a chance to read part 3 then click here: [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1366724#post-1366724]Part 3[/url] The phone rang just like any other day, but this call was different! My dear friend and business associate Richard “Rich” Strayer had passed away. The date was July 23, 2008. I was devastated! Rich was one of those people that everyone loved and with good reason. Rich was not only personable, but he truly cared about people. Rich was a big man, but his heart was enormous. I still communicate with people who remember Rich and, in their mind, he was one of their best friends. Rich had a LOT of best friends. That day I received the call I was flooded with emotion and thought back to when Rich came into my life. 5 years before the $6 lead that turned into millions of dollars in sales I was working a different business opportunity (mid 80’s). I was placing local and national ads, sending out information packets, meeting with prospects and making a lot of phone calls. One day I processed a lead with an address that was from the same state as me. I sent out the packet of information and followed up a few days later with a phone call. Wow! What a phone call that turned out to be… The very first time Rich and I talked it was as if we had always known each other. Rich just had one of those personalities. During our conversation I learned that Rich had a lot of local experience in Networking, but no experience in using advertising to build his business. We talked at length about what I and my team where doing and how our system worked. Rich was very interested and decided to join our opportunity. I still remember the very first time I had the pleasure of meeting Rich in person. We had agreed to meet at a business function and had briefly exchanged details so we could find each other. I guess Rich saw me first because out of nowhere this very large man walked up and gave a me a BIG hug. I was shocked and Rich could tell. What happened over the next few years changed my life. Rich taught me to connect with other humans in a way that I had never experienced. Because of Rich Strayer I was able to hug my own Father in a way that I did not think was possible. This changed my life! Rich taught me many valuable lessons, but the biggest one was to hug. Yes, hug! There’s a saying that our minds are like parachutes in that they don’t work unless they’re open. Rich most certainly had an open mind and we set out to build his business as a team. I wrote the ads, did the testing and ran the system while Rich spent all his time following up on and converting his leads. This relationship continued for years and Rich worked his way to a full-time income. Rich was a hard worker! One day, years later, Rich asked me to work with him so he could take control and run his own lead generation system to include co-ops. This is what you want! You want team members who take control of their own future. Rich was a leader and yes I helped him, but Rich made his own success! A number of years went by and one day Rich called me and wanted to meet for coffee. Rich had moved on from the businesses we had been in together and was now looking for another opportunity. I had recently been talking with Gery Carson about some of his plans and suggested that Rich should contact Gery. Rich did indeed contact Gery and along with several of his leaders they laid the foundation for the SFI business you are involved with today. Several years later I came aboard and was privileged to work with Rich again. Several of my current PSAs had a close relationship with Rich and I know they also feel very strongly about that connection. We all miss him dearly! You see, you never know what this business will bring into your life! Most of us think about the financial rewards. Maybe we consider the time and location freedom, but mostly we think about the financial rewards. [i]I’m here to tell you it’s the people that matter the most![/i] My friend the late Rich Strayer: [img]https://i.imgur.com/A8o3pZJ.jpg[/img] Leon McKee [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=118185]Part 1[/url] [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=118269]Part 2[/url] [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=118364]Part 3[/url] Additional reading... [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=31225#post-31225]How To Retire With SFI Sooner Than Later...[/url] [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=421#post-421]The day we all fear or how to survive a layoff/downsizing...[/url] [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=790957#post-790957]The Week Networking Changed My Life![/url] [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=527635#post-527635]Why You Should Focus on Team Building...[/url] [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=917466#post-917466]Why Sorting Is Critical To Your Team Building Efforts...[/url]
$6 Lead Turns Into Millions of Dollars in Sales - Part 4

This is part 4 of how a $6 lead turned into millions of dollars in sales. The following is a backstory that has significant meaning to me on a personal and business level.

If you did not have a chance to read part 1 then click here: Part 1

If you did not have a chance to read part 2 then click here: Part 2

If you did not have a chance to read part 3 then click here: Part 3

The phone rang just like any other day, but this call was different! My dear friend and business associate Richard “Rich” Strayer had passed away. The date was July 23, 2008. I was devastated!

Rich was one of those people that everyone loved and with good reason. Rich was not only personable, but he truly cared about people. Rich was a big man, but his heart was enormous. I still communicate with people who remember Rich and, in their mind, he was one of their best friends. Rich had a LOT of best friends. That day I received the call I was flooded with emotion and thought back to when Rich came into my life.

5 years before the $6 lead that turned into millions of dollars in sales I was working a different business opportunity (mid 80’s). I was placing local and national ads, sending out information packets, meeting with prospects and making a lot of phone calls. One day I processed a lead with an address that was from the same state as me. I sent out the packet of information and followed up a few days later with a phone call. Wow! What a phone call that turned out to be…

The very first time Rich and I talked it was as if we had always known each other. Rich just had one of those personalities. During our conversation I learned that Rich had a lot of local experience in Networking, but no experience in using advertising to build his business. We talked at length about what I and my team where doing and how our system worked. Rich was very interested and decided to join our opportunity.

I still remember the very first time I had the pleasure of meeting Rich in person. We had agreed to meet at a business function and had briefly exchanged details so we could find each other. I guess Rich saw me first because out of nowhere this very large man walked up and gave a me a BIG hug. I was shocked and Rich could tell. What happened over the next few years changed my life. Rich taught me to connect with other humans in a way that I had never experienced. Because of Rich Strayer I was able to hug my own Father in a way that I did not think was possible. This changed my life! Rich taught me many valuable lessons, but the biggest one was to hug. Yes, hug!

There’s a saying that our minds are like parachutes in that they don’t work unless they’re open. Rich most certainly had an open mind and we set out to build his business as a team. I wrote the ads, did the testing and ran the system while Rich spent all his time following up on and converting his leads. This relationship continued for years and Rich worked his way to a full-time income. Rich was a hard worker!

One day, years later, Rich asked me to work with him so he could take control and run his own lead generation system to include co-ops. This is what you want! You want team members who take control of their own future. Rich was a leader and yes I helped him, but Rich made his own success!

A number of years went by and one day Rich called me and wanted to meet for coffee. Rich had moved on from the businesses we had been in together and was now looking for another opportunity. I had recently been talking with Gery Carson about some of his plans and suggested that Rich should contact Gery. Rich did indeed contact Gery and along with several of his leaders they laid the foundation for the SFI business you are involved with today. Several years later I came aboard and was privileged to work with Rich again. Several of my current PSAs had a close relationship with Rich and I know they also feel very strongly about that connection. We all miss him dearly!

You see, you never know what this business will bring into your life! Most of us think about the financial rewards. Maybe we consider the time and location freedom, but mostly we think about the financial rewards. I’m here to tell you it’s the people that matter the most!

My friend the late Rich Strayer:

Leon McKee

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Additional reading...

How To Retire With SFI Sooner Than Later...

The day we all fear or how to survive a layoff/downsizing...

The Week Networking Changed My Life!

Why You Should Focus on Team Building...

Why Sorting Is Critical To Your Team Building Efforts...
56x SUPPORT
Leon M.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #8

Posted 7 months ago

Hi Leon! I'm really impressed ! I think I am going to read all four parts again... There are really some tales that can open one's eyes and show a different perspective and point of view towards business and entire human life ... I am very glad to be a part of this great Family and to exchange ideas and experience with so many wonderful people from all over the world ! Thanks again! Best regards !
Hi Leon!

I'm really impressed ! I think I am going to read all four parts again... There are really some tales that can open one's eyes and show a different perspective and point of view towards business and entire human life ...

I am very glad to be a part of this great Family and to exchange ideas and experience with so many wonderful people from all over the world !

Thanks again!

Best regards !
300x SUPPORT
Sead Š.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #6

Posted 7 months ago, edited 7 months ago

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story. You are right. Rich was wonderful - he introduced SFI to me many years ago (I think the year was before 2000) and sponsored me before I went inactive for personal reasons. We lost a great leader.
Thanks for sharing this beautiful story. You are right. Rich was wonderful - he introduced SFI to me many years ago (I think the year was before 2000) and sponsored me before I went inactive for personal reasons. We lost a great leader.
11x SUPPORT
Jay E.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 7 months ago

Hi Leon, This particular part has brought up my emotions and tears to my eyes. It Really is about people, We can learn so much from those who touch hearts and it seems your friend truly had a Gift for that. Thanks so much for sharing. regards
Hi Leon,
This particular part has brought up my emotions and tears to my eyes.

It Really is about people, We can learn so much from those who touch hearts and it seems your friend truly had a Gift for that.

Thanks so much for sharing.

regards
12x SUPPORT
Christine D.

Gibraltar

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #7

Posted 7 months ago 1 Reply

Rich Strayer was indeed a wonderful man. It was my honor to have gotten to know him and to have received a few hugs from him too! :-) It delights me to think that even after all this time since Rich's passing, he is still making a positive impact in people lives! Thanks, Rich!
Rich Strayer was indeed a wonderful man. It was my honor to have gotten to know him and to have received a few hugs from him too! :-)

It delights me to think that even after all this time since Rich's passing, he is still making a positive impact in people lives! Thanks, Rich!
Gery

United States

Posted 7 months ago

Thanks for sharing! Very inspiring!
Thanks for sharing! Very inspiring!
Karlene W.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 7 months ago

Thank you Leon for such a heartwarming and inspirational 4 part series. I am proud to be a member of your downline and I agree completely that relaionships WILL BE your greatest reward in this business. Money comes and goes, friendships can last more than a lifetime! Chris J
Thank you Leon for such a heartwarming and inspirational 4 part series.
I am proud to be a member of your downline and I agree completely that relaionships WILL BE your greatest reward in this business. Money comes and goes, friendships can last more than a lifetime!

Chris J
11x SUPPORT
Chris J.

United States

E365 Runner Up

Posted 7 months ago

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! I almost shed tears. Good people don't stay long. Yes, I agree with you 100% that, [b]you never know what this business will bring into your life[/b] SFI has connected me to some great minds and am grateful for that. Thanks for sharing this Leon sir. I have learnt an important lesson again. To our success.
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

I almost shed tears. Good people don't stay long.

Yes, I agree with you 100% that, you never know what this business will bring into your life

SFI has connected me to some great minds and am grateful for that.

Thanks for sharing this Leon sir.

I have learnt an important lesson again.

To our success.
10x SUPPORT
Olufunmilola O.

Nigeria

E365 Runner Up

Posted 7 months ago

Hi Leon, I have been with you trough this entire story. Thanks for sharing with all of us. It seemed like Rich was indeed a real good friend. Don't you ever forget about this friend for he seems lovable. More success to you Leon and have a good year.
Hi Leon,

I have been with you trough this entire story. Thanks for sharing with
all of us. It seemed like Rich was indeed a real good friend. Don't
you ever forget about this friend for he seems lovable.

More success to you Leon and have a good year.
17x SUPPORT
Hartense S.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 7 months ago

Thank you Leone, I read the whole story two times and positive and honest people are behaving like that, it's a rich man in the heart and souls. There are some other things that I did not understand very well about the translation, so I will read the whole story several times more likely Praise once again, And let your friend rest in peace and live in your heart
Thank you Leone,
I read the whole story two times and positive and honest people are behaving like that, it's a rich man in the heart and souls. There are some other things that I did not understand very well about the translation, so I will read the whole story several times more likely
Praise once again, And let your friend rest in peace and live in your heart
Kristina P.

Serbia

Posted 7 months ago

Great emotional story! Yes, we can learn a lot from other people if we open our hearts and let them in. Some people are just like that, heart warming people who inspire us and change our lifes for good. Thank you for sharing this story with us.
Great emotional story!
Yes, we can learn a lot from other people if we open our hearts and let them in. Some people are just like that, heart warming people who inspire us and change our lifes for good. Thank you for sharing this story with us.
33x SUPPORT
Marija B.

Serbia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 7 months ago

Thank you Leon for sharing with us this emotional story and reminding us of Rich . You are right, before everything else we are all human beings and personal relations do matter in building a business.
Thank you Leon for sharing with us this emotional story and reminding us of Rich . You are right, before everything else we are all human beings and personal relations do matter in building a business.
7x SUPPORT
John S.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

| Edit settings