Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Viral marketing

Posted 5 months ago More by Temel P.

Viral marketing describes any strategy that encourages people to pass on a marketing message to others, demonstrating an important potential for exponential growth in the message’s exposure and influence. Viral marketing has become one of the most effective and cost-efficient ways to create a “buzz” about firms’ products and services. Like viruses, viral marketing strategies take advantage of rapid multiplication to explode the message from thousands, to millions. On the Internet, it is any marketing technique that induces web sites or users to pass on a marketing message to other sites or users. Word-of-mouth techniques are vital to marketing on the Internet. Consumers tend to the primary source of credibility. On the Web, viral marketing has been called also “word-of-mouse” or “word-of-modem”. Viral marketing on the Internet is the simple technological extension of word-of-mouth marketing. On the Internet, an effective viral marketing strategy includes six elements: gives away products or services, provides for effortless transfer to others, scales easily from small to very large, exploits common motivations and behaviors, utilizes existing communication networks and takes advantage of others’ resources. Successful viral marketing campaigns are comprised of engaging message that involves imagination, fun, easy use and visibility, credibility, encouragement and customization.
Viral marketing describes any strategy that encourages people to pass on a marketing message to others, demonstrating an important potential for exponential growth in the message’s exposure and influence. Viral marketing has become one of the most effective and cost-efficient ways to create a “buzz” about firms’ products and services. Like viruses, viral marketing strategies take advantage of rapid multiplication to explode the message from thousands, to millions. On the Internet, it is any marketing technique that induces web sites or users to pass on a marketing message to other sites or users. Word-of-mouth techniques are vital to marketing on the Internet. Consumers tend to the primary source of credibility. On the Web, viral marketing has been called also “word-of-mouse” or “word-of-modem”. Viral marketing on the Internet is the simple technological extension of word-of-mouth marketing. On the Internet, an effective viral marketing strategy includes six elements: gives away products or services, provides for effortless transfer to others, scales easily from small to very large, exploits common motivations and behaviors, utilizes existing communication networks and takes advantage of others’ resources. Successful viral marketing campaigns are comprised of engaging message that involves imagination, fun, easy use and visibility, credibility, encouragement and customization.
Temel P.

Turkey

E365 Champion

Posted 5 months ago 1 Reply

Very helpful! 👍😎🙏 Thank you for sharing this information. See you at the top! Annie & Todd
Very helpful! 👍😎🙏 Thank you for sharing this information.

See you at the top!

Annie & Todd
2x SUPPORT
Todd G.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

I haven't heard about Viral marketing before until you mention it now, So I went to search for it on google after reading your post and I find out Viral marketing describes any strategy that encourages individuals to pass on a marketing message to others, creating the potential for exponential growth in the message’s exposure and influence. Like viruses, such strategies take advantage of rapid multiplication to explode the message to thousands, to millions of people's.\ I think it worth learning because it can help someone to grow in the internet marketing and thanks,Temel ! For sharing this information with us.
I haven't heard about Viral marketing before until you mention it now, So I went to search for it on google after reading your post and I find out Viral marketing describes any strategy that encourages individuals to pass on a marketing message to others, creating the potential for exponential growth in the message’s exposure and influence. Like viruses, such strategies take advantage of rapid multiplication to explode the message to thousands, to millions of people's.\

I think it worth learning because it can help someone to grow in the internet marketing and thanks,Temel ! For sharing this information with us.
72x SUPPORT
Michael A.

Nigeria

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #7

[quote=1434969]Very helpful! 👍😎🙏 Thank you for sharing this information. See you at the top! Annie & Todd[/quote] Thank Dear Anni for your compliment, all the best :-)
Todd G. posted:
Very helpful! 👍😎🙏 Thank you for sharing this information.

See you at the top!

Annie & Todd

Thank Dear Anni for your compliment, all the best :-)
Temel P.

Turkey

E365 Champion

Liked by Marija B. Vanda Z.

[quote=1434973]I haven't heard about Viral marketing before until you mention it now, So I went to search for it on google after reading your post and I find out Viral marketing describes any strategy that encourages individuals to pass on a marketing message to others, creating the potential for exponential growth in the message’s exposure and influence. Like viruses, such strategies take advantage of rapid multiplication to explode the message to thousands, to millions of people's.\ I think it worth learning because it can help someone to grow in the internet marketing and thanks,Temel ! For sharing this information with us. [/quote] Thank Dear Michael for your support, all the best :-)
Michael A. posted:
I haven't heard about Viral marketing before until you mention it now, So I went to search for it on google after reading your post and I find out Viral marketing describes any strategy that encourages individuals to pass on a marketing message to others, creating the potential for exponential growth in the message’s exposure and influence. Like viruses, such strategies take advantage of rapid multiplication to explode the message to thousands, to millions of people's.\

I think it worth learning because it can help someone to grow in the internet marketing and thanks,Temel ! For sharing this information with us.

Thank Dear Michael for your support, all the best :-)
Temel P.

Turkey

E365 Champion

Dear Temel, Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, social networking platforms like Facebook are developing the algorythms that prevent the post to become a viral. Before, you could offer a prize for a person who share your post and it could go viral. Nowdays it is difficult to make a viral post. Why? They are forcing us to make paid advertising campains. That is how they earn and survive. But, anyone could try to make a viral post. Who knows, maybe it works. Have a great day!
Dear Temel,
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, social networking platforms like Facebook are developing the algorythms that prevent the post to become a viral. Before, you could offer a prize for a person who share your post and it could go viral. Nowdays it is difficult to make a viral post. Why? They are forcing us to make paid advertising campains. That is how they earn and survive.
But, anyone could try to make a viral post. Who knows, maybe it works.
Have a great day!
34x SUPPORT
Marija B.

Serbia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Temel I wanna hold your hand! Not really but the Beatles of 1964 is a good example of an early analog viral campaign. By the time they had played on Ed Sullivan, Beatlemania was a household word that drew 72 million viewers to the show from 23 million households in North America. Not a bad way to kick off the "British Invasion" of the mid-sixties and the subsequent mega millions of dollars earned in the music industry. My point is the marketplace on the Internet is a bit jaded to the concept of viral campaigns and to truly pull one off in this day and age there has to be a global sense of urgency behind the advertisement being that one might miss out on a life-altering necessity should you not react and share the opportunity with your friends and loved ones immediately if not sooner. So pull up a leprechaun pot of gold to sit on while the unicorn steaks get ready and have a drink from the fountain of youth while we discuss unleashing our viral SFI ads on the world wide web.
Temel
I wanna hold your hand! Not really but the Beatles of 1964 is a good example of an early analog viral campaign. By the time they had played on Ed Sullivan, Beatlemania was a household word that drew 72 million viewers to the show from 23 million households in North America. Not a bad way to kick off the "British Invasion" of the mid-sixties and the subsequent mega millions of dollars earned in the music industry.

My point is the marketplace on the Internet is a bit jaded to the concept of viral campaigns and to truly pull one off in this day and age there has to be a global sense of urgency behind the advertisement being that one might miss out on a life-altering necessity should you not react and share the opportunity with your friends and loved ones immediately if not sooner. So pull up a leprechaun pot of gold to sit on while the unicorn steaks get ready and have a drink from the fountain of youth while we discuss unleashing our viral SFI ads on the world wide web.
2x SUPPORT
Ed P.

Canada

Hello Temel, thank you for your presentation of viral marketing. This is the first time lve heard of this revolutionary movement in marketing. Hopefully viral marketing makes things simplier.
Hello Temel, thank you for your presentation of viral marketing. This is the first time lve heard of this revolutionary movement in marketing. Hopefully viral marketing makes things simplier.
5x SUPPORT
Stephen B.

United States

E365 Champion

Liked by Marija B.

[quote=1434993]Dear Temel, Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, social networking platforms like Facebook are developing the algorythms that prevent the post to become a viral. Before, you could offer a prize for a person who share your post and it could go viral. Nowdays it is difficult to make a viral post. Why? They are forcing us to make paid advertising campains. That is how they earn and survive. But, anyone could try to make a viral post. Who knows, maybe it works. Have a great day! [/quote] Dear Marija thanks for your support, all the best :-)
Marija B. posted:
Dear Temel,
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, social networking platforms like Facebook are developing the algorythms that prevent the post to become a viral. Before, you could offer a prize for a person who share your post and it could go viral. Nowdays it is difficult to make a viral post. Why? They are forcing us to make paid advertising campains. That is how they earn and survive.
But, anyone could try to make a viral post. Who knows, maybe it works.
Have a great day!

Dear Marija thanks for your support, all the best :-)
Temel P.

Turkey

E365 Champion

Liked by Marija B.

[quote=1435003]Temel I wanna hold your hand! Not really but the Beatles of 1964 is a good example of an early analog viral campaign. By the time they had played on Ed Sullivan, Beatlemania was a household word that drew 72 million viewers to the show from 23 million households in North America. Not a bad way to kick off the "British Invasion" of the mid-sixties and the subsequent mega millions of dollars earned in the music industry. My point is the marketplace on the Internet is a bit jaded to the concept of viral campaigns and to truly pull one off in this day and age there has to be a global sense of urgency behind the advertisement being that one might miss out on a life-altering necessity should you not react and share the opportunity with your friends and loved ones immediately if not sooner. So pull up a leprechaun pot of gold to sit on while the unicorn steaks get ready and have a drink from the fountain of youth while we discuss unleashing our viral SFI ads on the world wide web.[/quote] Dear Ed thanks for your support, all the best :-)
Ed P. posted:
Temel
I wanna hold your hand! Not really but the Beatles of 1964 is a good example of an early analog viral campaign. By the time they had played on Ed Sullivan, Beatlemania was a household word that drew 72 million viewers to the show from 23 million households in North America. Not a bad way to kick off the "British Invasion" of the mid-sixties and the subsequent mega millions of dollars earned in the music industry.

My point is the marketplace on the Internet is a bit jaded to the concept of viral campaigns and to truly pull one off in this day and age there has to be a global sense of urgency behind the advertisement being that one might miss out on a life-altering necessity should you not react and share the opportunity with your friends and loved ones immediately if not sooner. So pull up a leprechaun pot of gold to sit on while the unicorn steaks get ready and have a drink from the fountain of youth while we discuss unleashing our viral SFI ads on the world wide web.

Dear Ed thanks for your support, all the best :-)
Temel P.

Turkey

E365 Champion

Liked by Marija B. Ed P.

[quote=1435070]Hello Temel, thank you for your presentation of viral marketing. This is the first time lve heard of this revolutionary movement in marketing. Hopefully viral marketing makes things simplier. [/quote] Dear Stephen thanks for your support, all the best :-)
Stephen B. posted:

Dear Stephen thanks for your support, all the best :-)
Temel P.

Turkey

E365 Champion

Liked by Marija B.

Posted 5 months ago More by Emem M. 1 Reply

Viral Marketing is fun.
Viral Marketing is fun.
SUPPORT
Emem M.

Philippines

| Edit settings