Grab up to 13,000 free, business-boosting CSAs when you advance your rank this month! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

The Email Plan

Posted 2 months ago

I know this might be unheard of. I have been receiving a rather large percentage of new signups who enter their email incorrectly. Why doesn't SFI screen all emails at our gateway sites we advertise with. It can be done as I have received requests to put in a correct email at other websites when an error has occurred. SFI could also learn from other website signup processes if they requested the new joiners validate an email link, so as to verify this email account functions and is theirs. SFI could realize people are paying good money for their builder bundles and act as soon as possible. This has been needed for a very long time.
I know this might be unheard of. I have been receiving a rather large percentage of new signups who enter their email incorrectly. Why doesn't SFI screen all emails at our gateway sites we advertise with. It can be done as I have received requests to put in a correct email at other websites when an error has occurred. SFI could also learn from other website signup processes if they requested the new joiners validate an email link, so as to verify this email account functions and is theirs. SFI could realize people are paying good money for their builder bundles and act as soon as possible. This has been needed for a very long time.
Keith C.

Canada

Posted 2 months ago

Hello Keith, I understand your concern. It is really discouraging having spent money and time to generate new signups and it turn out to be bad or invalid email address. However, I guess the fault is not totally on SFI. If anyone register with invalid email account, it can not be verified at the instant until after it turns out to be so. I guess is just what we have to deal it. I have some PSAs with invalid email accounts as well. We just have to move on and take it as part of the miscellaneous expenses as a business man or woman. All the best .
Hello Keith,

I understand your concern. It is really discouraging having spent money and time to generate new signups and it turn out to be bad or invalid email address.

However, I guess the fault is not totally on SFI. If anyone register with invalid email account, it can not be verified at the instant until after it turns out to be so.

I guess is just what we have to deal it. I have some PSAs with invalid email accounts as well.

We just have to move on and take it as part of the miscellaneous expenses as a business man or woman.

All the best .
9x SUPPORT
Olufunmilola O.

Nigeria

Posted 2 months ago

Hello sir Keith. there are always faults and flaws it's life.
Hello sir Keith.
there are always faults and flaws it's life.
Mohammed H.

Morocco

Posted 2 months ago 1 Reply

Hi Keith, When an Affiliate joins, SFI ask them to whitewash their email address. Some do and some don't. We don't know until we try to send them an email. So they have tool to do this but a lot of them don't want a lot of email so they don't give the correct one. All we can do is send them a Text mail. If they are signing in it's easy to get them to go in and correct the email but they are not active there is nothing you can do. but move on to the next one. Keep sending your newsletter in hopes they sign in again.
Hi Keith,

When an Affiliate joins, SFI ask them to whitewash their email address. Some
do and some don't. We don't know until we try to send them an email. So they
have tool to do this but a lot of them don't want a lot of email so they don't give
the correct one.

All we can do is send them a Text mail. If they are signing in it's easy to get them
to go in and correct the email but they are not active there is nothing you can do.
but move on to the next one. Keep sending your newsletter in hopes they sign
in again.
17x SUPPORT
Hartense S.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago

Hi Keith,:smile: Doing well I hope! SFI asks all new applicants to verify their e-mail address. At Points of action, is 'Getting Started' they are invited to: whitelisting mail@sfimg.com When this act is completd, it will no longer be visible. This is my observation. Take care Keith and have a nice day. Clarence:sunglasses:W
Hi Keith,

Doing well I hope!
SFI asks all new applicants to verify their e-mail address.
At Points of action, is 'Getting Started' they are invited to:
whitelisting mail@sfimg.com
When this act is completd, it will no longer be visible.
This is my observation.
Take care Keith and have a nice day.
Clarence
W
3x SUPPORT
Clarence W.

United States

E365 Runner Up

Posted 2 months ago 1 Reply

I have a question about giving an in correct email address. I dont understand why anyone would do this? I mean . . . Dont you have to put in a correct email to get ANY corospondance from anyone at SFI? And why would someone even go in and sign up if they didnt plan to corospond with anyone? Thats what the bussiness is all about! Talking with other members, building and talking with your group, etc. You need a correct email to do all that . . . Dont you? Thank you!!
I have a question about giving an in correct email address.
I dont understand why anyone would do this? I mean . . . Dont you have to put in a correct email to get ANY corospondance from anyone at SFI?
And why would someone even go in and sign up if they didnt plan to corospond with anyone? Thats what the bussiness is all about! Talking with other members, building and talking with your group, etc. You need a correct email to do all that . . . Dont you?
Thank you!!
PAUL AND DANNAH F.

United States

Posted 2 months ago

[quote=1462272]Hi Keith, When an Affiliate joins, SFI ask them to whitewash their email address. Some do and some don't. We don't know until we try to send them an email. So they have tool to do this but a lot of them don't want a lot of email so they don't give the correct one. .[/quote] Hi, Hortense! I didn't know you can [b]whitewash[/b] email address! LOL! Sorry, can't contain myself...but you just made me chuckle again!:laughing: Have a lovely day!
Hartense S. posted:
Hi Keith,

When an Affiliate joins, SFI ask them to whitewash their email address. Some
do and some don't. We don't know until we try to send them an email. So they
have tool to do this but a lot of them don't want a lot of email so they don't give
the correct one.

Hi, Hortense!
I didn't know you can whitewash email address! LOL!
Sorry, can't contain myself...but you just made me chuckle again!

Have a lovely day!

37x SUPPORT
Gliceria P.

Australia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago

[quote=1462366]I have a question about giving an in correct email address. I dont understand why anyone would do this? I mean . . . Dont you have to put in a correct email to get ANY corospondance from anyone at SFI? And why would someone even go in and sign up if they didnt plan to corospond with anyone? Thats what the bussiness is all about! Talking with other members, building and talking with your group, etc. You need a correct email to do all that . . . Dont you? Thank you!! [/quote] Some people sign up through pay per click or something similar where they may get a couple of cents for signing up. They are just out to get that little bit of money and have no intention of remaining on any site.
PAUL AND DANNAH F. posted:
I have a question about giving an in correct email address.
I dont understand why anyone would do this? I mean . . . Dont you have to put in a correct email to get ANY corospondance from anyone at SFI?
And why would someone even go in and sign up if they didnt plan to corospond with anyone? Thats what the bussiness is all about! Talking with other members, building and talking with your group, etc. You need a correct email to do all that . . . Dont you?
Thank you!!

Some people sign up through pay per click or something similar where they may get a couple of cents for signing up. They are just out to get that little bit of money and have no intention of remaining on any site.
116x SUPPORT
Jessie M.

Canada

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 2 months ago, edited 2 months ago

[quote=1462245]I know this might be unheard of. I have been receiving a rather large percentage of new signups who enter their email incorrectly. Why doesn't SFI screen all emails at our gateway sites we advertise with. It can be done as I have received requests to put in a correct email at other websites when an error has occurred. SFI could also learn from other website signup processes if they requested the new joiners validate an email link, so as to verify this email account functions and is theirs. SFI could realize people are paying good money for their builder bundles and act as soon as possible. This has been needed for a very long time.[/quote] Hi Keith, I think you're overlooking some very important parts of this. [i]The following is from our Knowledge Base:[/i] [b]Why doesn't SFI require new affiliates to confirm their email address to make sure it is legit?[/b] SFI used the double opt-in process for our first 12 years. But it's fallen out of favor on the Internet. And it doesn't really deter anyone who is motivated to generate bogus signups as there's no difficulty in getting a free email address and then confirming it. It's just one extra click. Also, a substantial number of legit signups are lost with the double opt-in system because many can't find the confirmation email because their ISP diverts our email to the person's spam folder or doesn't deliver it all! Yes, there are many ISPs that won't deliver our emails (but they'll deliver YOUR welcome messages--another reason why it's so critical you send out a welcome). Plus, not requiring double opt-in allows new affiliates to start IMMEDIATELY upon signing up with SFI. No delay. This is BIG. Bottom line: A double opt-in system has more negatives then positives and some of the proof of that is SFI's substantial growth in SALES and REVENUE since moving away from double opt-in. P.S. We still provide a number amount of VersaPoints for confirming...which is listed right up front on the To-Do List and in an early LaunchPad lesson. There's LOTS of incentive to provide a legit email...and we even have a stern warning on the registration page that a bad email address will mean NO COMMISSIONS CAN BE PAID TO THEM...but there's only so much we can do, people will do what the want ultimately for their own reasons. We think we've got the right approach to get the maximum results. P.P.S. We don't allow addresses to be entered that don't contain all required parts of a legit email address. You can't register with, say, joe@mail. The registration form will only accept property formatted email addresses. Beyond that, see the issues above about the problems with a forced double opt-in.
Keith C. posted:

Hi Keith,

I think you're overlooking some very important parts of this.

The following is from our Knowledge Base:

Why doesn't SFI require new affiliates to confirm their email address to make sure it is legit?

SFI used the double opt-in process for our first 12 years. But it's fallen out of favor on the Internet. And it doesn't really deter anyone who is motivated to generate bogus signups as there's no difficulty in getting a free email address and then confirming it. It's just one extra click.

Also, a substantial number of legit signups are lost with the double opt-in system because many can't find the confirmation email because their ISP diverts our email to the person's spam folder or doesn't deliver it all! Yes, there are many ISPs that won't deliver our emails (but they'll deliver YOUR welcome messages--another reason why it's so critical you send out a welcome).

Plus, not requiring double opt-in allows new affiliates to start IMMEDIATELY upon signing up with SFI. No delay. This is BIG.

Bottom line: A double opt-in system has more negatives then positives and some of the proof of that is SFI's substantial growth in SALES and REVENUE since moving away from double opt-in.

P.S. We still provide a number amount of VersaPoints for confirming...which is listed right up front on the To-Do List and in an early LaunchPad lesson. There's LOTS of incentive to provide a legit email...and we even have a stern warning on the registration page that a bad email address will mean NO COMMISSIONS CAN BE PAID TO THEM...but there's only so much we can do, people will do what the want ultimately for their own reasons. We think we've got the right approach to get the maximum results.

P.P.S. We don't allow addresses to be entered that don't contain all required parts of a legit email address. You can't register with, say, joe@mail. The registration form will only accept property formatted email addresses. Beyond that, see the issues above about the problems with a forced double opt-in.
Gery

United States

Posted 2 months ago

The E-mail plan will no doubt fetch out a landslide success in SFICorporate.
The E-mail plan will no doubt fetch out a landslide success in SFICorporate.
SUPPORT
ADEKUNLE O.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion

| Edit settings