Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

How to convince new PSAs

Posted about 1 month ago More by George B.

I read :- people like to follow the leader, keep on looking till you find your diamond, some will some wont or work with the workers... what I want to know is, how do we try and "convince" any newbie that they have to either be a great marketer or build a team with depth, invest for a couple of years before receiving any compensation as there are real benefits IRO the new comp plan, but mustnt expect any returns on their investment of time, money or both till they have built a team with depth! I really dont know how to get this across and would appreciate any suggestions.
I read :- people like to follow the leader, keep on looking till you find your diamond, some will some wont or work with the workers... what I want to know is, how do we try and "convince" any newbie that they have to either be a great marketer or build a team with depth, invest for a couple of years before receiving any compensation as there are real benefits IRO the new comp plan, but mustnt expect any returns on their investment of time, money or both till they have built a team with depth! I really dont know how to get this across and would appreciate any suggestions.
2x SUPPORT
George B.

South Africa

Posted about 1 month ago

Teaching delayed gratification is the most difficult to do, but that is where it starts. Convincing someone to do something is also very difficult and I would say you need to ATTRACT them to do it. This is done by showing an example of what and why you are doing it. Get a carrot at the end of that string. To know what variety of carrot means knowing what your team member needs and the only way to find out is ask. Do that in your welcome email. You might be surprised by the responses. For some people an extra $100 a month is going to make a big difference. For others it will be a thousand dollars more. It may not even be about the money. Either way the motivation is the same. After you know the motivating factor show them how they can achieve it and encourage them to make it a focus or goal. I hope that helps.
Teaching delayed gratification is the most difficult to do, but that is where it starts.

Convincing someone to do something is also very difficult and I would say you need to ATTRACT them to do it. This is done by showing an example of what and why you are doing it. Get a carrot at the end of that string.

To know what variety of carrot means knowing what your team member needs and the only way to find out is ask. Do that in your welcome email. You might be surprised by the responses.

For some people an extra $100 a month is going to make a big difference. For others it will be a thousand dollars more. It may not even be about the money. Either way the motivation is the same.

After you know the motivating factor show them how they can achieve it and encourage them to make it a focus or goal.

I hope that helps.
13x SUPPORT
Michael B.

United Kingdom

Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago 1 Reply

Hi George, You cannot 'convince' anyone to work. Keep in mind that your new PSAs are just prospects until they start working. Tailor your communications appropriately. Point out the great benefits of this program (and there are so many). Also, you don't have to be a great marketer. SFI provides all the training and tools from beginner to advanced. Help your new PSAs start where they are ; the rest will come with reading and learning over time. Finally, they can start earning quickly with sales from TripleClicks services and products, games and auctions by signing up PRMs. Then they can focus on the longer-term goal of building a team. Cheers! Sophia
Hi George,

You cannot 'convince' anyone to work. Keep in mind that your new PSAs are just prospects until they start working. Tailor your communications appropriately. Point out the great benefits of this program (and there are so many).

Also, you don't have to be a great marketer. SFI provides all the training and tools from beginner to advanced. Help your new PSAs start where they are ; the rest will come with reading and learning over time.

Finally, they can start earning quickly with sales from TripleClicks services and products, games and auctions by signing up PRMs. Then they can focus on the longer-term goal of building a team.

Cheers!
Sophia
SUPPORT
Sophia G.

United States

E365 Country Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago

Hi George, we cannot convince anyone to do anything, that has to be their choice. All we can do is point them in the right direction. Give them the tools needed and they will either get started or they won't. Don't give up!
Hi George, we cannot convince anyone to do anything, that has to be their choice.
All we can do is point them in the right direction.
Give them the tools needed and they will either get started or they won't.
Don't give up!
Sara F.

United States

[quote=1528332]How about sending them to www.sfimg.com/path ? [/quote] Thank you Jay... let them take a look and make up their own minds without having to let them know that if they dont comply ... they wont earn ... well at least till they find someone who will duplicate. Much appreciated.
How about sending them to www.sfimg.com/path ?

Thank you Jay... let them take a look and make up their own minds without having to let them know that if they dont comply ... they wont earn ... well at least till they find someone who will duplicate.
Much appreciated.
2x SUPPORT
George B.

South Africa

[quote=1528334]Hi George, You cannot 'convince' anyone to work. Keep in mind that your new PSAs are just prospects until they start working. Tailor your communications appropriately. Point out the great benefits of this program (and there are so many). Also, you don't have to be a great marketer. SFI provides all the training and tools from beginner to advanced. Help your new PSAs start where they are ; the rest will come with reading and learning over time. Finally, they can start earning quickly with sales from TripleClicks services and products, games and auctions by signing up PRMs. Then they can focus on the longer-term goal of building a team. Cheers! Sophia[/quote] Thank you Sophia, I seem to be missing something here, please tell me exactly what the benefits are for "newbies" Im a newbie have a AD for 1500PV have 43 PRM's without any activity, almost 500 affiliates, havent managed to sell a single item using all the gateways available (with appropriate banners and been "shut down" more often than not as FB sees my postings as SPAM) and have made ZERO in the last 6 months! You say I should tailor my communication appropriately, so should I let them know what Im experiencing or should I be fabricating (hearsay is not fact) what the benefits may be some day (if they are lucky) TIA
Sophia G. posted:
Hi George,

You cannot 'convince' anyone to work. Keep in mind that your new PSAs are just prospects until they start working. Tailor your communications appropriately. Point out the great benefits of this program (and there are so many).

Also, you don't have to be a great marketer. SFI provides all the training and tools from beginner to advanced. Help your new PSAs start where they are ; the rest will come with reading and learning over time.

Finally, they can start earning quickly with sales from TripleClicks services and products, games and auctions by signing up PRMs. Then they can focus on the longer-term goal of building a team.

Cheers!
Sophia

Thank you Sophia, I seem to be missing something here, please tell me exactly what the benefits are for "newbies" Im a newbie have a AD for 1500PV have 43 PRM's without any activity, almost 500 affiliates, havent managed to sell a single item using all the gateways available (with appropriate banners and been "shut down" more often than not as FB sees my postings as SPAM) and have made ZERO in the last 6 months!
You say I should tailor my communication appropriately, so should I let them know what Im experiencing or should I be fabricating (hearsay is not fact) what the benefits may be some day (if they are lucky)
TIA
2x SUPPORT
George B.

South Africa

George B - After turning red to green tabs to visit Forum every day and take note of rank & tenure of posters & repliers.Click on their photos and see what they have achieved, The proof is in the pudding, Bless you and yours. Bye for now. Bruce Harper
George B - After turning red to green tabs to visit Forum every day and take note of rank & tenure of posters & repliers.Click on their photos and see what they have achieved, The proof is in the pudding,
Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

15x SUPPORT
Bruce H.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Hi George, Convincing someone to do something is also very difficult and I would say you need to attract them to do it. This is done by showing an example of what and why you are doing it. Thats it 😊
Hi George,

Convincing someone to do something is also very difficult and I would say you need to attract them to do it.
This is done by showing an example of what and why you are doing it. Thats it 😊
Support Y.

Greece

[quote=1528343]George B - After turning red to green tabs to visit Forum every day and take note of rank & tenure of posters & repliers.Click on their photos and see what they have achieved, The proof is in the pudding, Bless you and yours. Bye for now. Bruce Harper [/quote] Hi Bruce, Im not sure if you have responded to the correct post (May have copied and posted to the wrong thread) as this bears absolutely no relevance to my question. And you too, be blessed.
Bruce H. posted:
George B - After turning red to green tabs to visit Forum every day and take note of rank & tenure of posters & repliers.Click on their photos and see what they have achieved, The proof is in the pudding,
Bless you and yours. Bye for now.

Bruce Harper

Hi Bruce, Im not sure if you have responded to the correct post (May have copied and posted to the wrong thread) as this bears absolutely no relevance to my question.
And you too, be blessed.
2x SUPPORT
George B.

South Africa

[quote=1528345]Hi George, Convincing someone to do something is also very difficult and I would say you need to attract them to do it. This is done by showing an example of what and why you are doing it. Thats it 😊[/quote] Okay, I see you have been with SFI all of 6 days now, so please tell me. What are you doing? Why are you doing it? Do you hope to be compensated for what you are doing? And by when do you expect to be receiving compensation? Armed with answers to the above I may just be able to pass this on to any new recruits. TIA
Support Y. posted:
Hi George,

Convincing someone to do something is also very difficult and I would say you need to attract them to do it.
This is done by showing an example of what and why you are doing it. Thats it 😊

Okay, I see you have been with SFI all of 6 days now, so please tell me.
What are you doing? Why are you doing it? Do you hope to be compensated for what you are doing? And by when do you expect to be receiving compensation?
Armed with answers to the above I may just be able to pass this on to any new recruits.
TIA
2x SUPPORT
George B.

South Africa

I really don't think the blame belongs with SFI. If you had a brick and mortar store it is entirely up to you to get customers. How you do it is your responsibility and you usually don't have any help. For those of us who are not producing the results we think we should get, we have to look at what isn't working for us. One of our top people in the organization wrote that she initially spent a total of 18 hours a day growing a team and advertising. She is where she is because of the effort she has put into her business. You don't have to tell your prospects all your negatives, tell them that they will get out of the business what they put into it. We have proof by the above example that this program works. The fact is everything is here to ensure our success, we just have to use it.
I really don't think the blame belongs with SFI. If you had a brick and mortar store it is entirely up to you to get customers. How you do it is your responsibility and you usually don't have any help.

For those of us who are not producing the results we think we should get, we have to look at what isn't working for us. One of our top people in the organization wrote that she initially spent a total of 18 hours a day growing a team and advertising. She is where she is because of the effort she has put into her business.

You don't have to tell your prospects all your negatives, tell them that they will get out of the business what they put into it. We have proof by the above example that this program works. The fact is everything is here to ensure our success, we just have to use it.

120x SUPPORT
Jessie M.

Canada

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #13

Posted about 1 month ago More by Ed P. 1 Reply

Hello George, Have you considered taking the opportunity out to the masses in your own hometown? When you get people to come out and see the free online business training you are offering by doing a weekly lecture where anyone can attend and people can bring their friends. You create a physical presence of the people in your downline and people can share the victories of the past week with each other, you can finalize each get together with a draw for gift certificates, psa's, csa's or just cool stuff you got from SFI. I've never done this because the whole home party thing has been worn out here in Canada by all the cosmetic and cleaning product MLM's years ago. I have noticed some mention with success from the eastern European countries where they tend to be more home-style sociable than over here where we don't even hold children's parties at home anymore. Ed P
Hello George,

Have you considered taking the opportunity out to the masses in your own hometown? When you get people to come out and see the free online business training you are offering by doing a weekly lecture where anyone can attend and people can bring their friends. You create a physical presence of the people in your downline and people can share the victories of the past week with each other, you can finalize each get together with a draw for gift certificates, psa's, csa's or just cool stuff you got from SFI. I've never done this because the whole home party thing has been worn out here in Canada by all the cosmetic and cleaning product MLM's years ago. I have noticed some mention with success from the eastern European countries where they tend to be more home-style sociable than over here where we don't even hold children's parties at home anymore.

Ed P
2x SUPPORT
Ed P.

Canada

| Edit settings