Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Badges! Who needs them?

Posted about 1 month ago, edited about 1 month ago More by Vincent R.

Badges! Who needs them? That's what I thought when I first became active in SFI and so I didn't pay much attention to them. However, as time went by, and as I began to truly work hard to achieve success with SFI, I noticed my badge count growing. Suddenly, badges became important to me!! It's funny how that works, eh Mr. C? :) At one point, I even managed to sneak into the ranks of "Grand Master Elite," but then fell back to "Grand Master" where I remain today. However, what I have noticed over the past couple of months is that my rank has continued to drop. Whereas I was once ranked around 25, today I find myself sitting at 109. Now, thanks to a power failure yesterday, I was unable to complete my Zebra games so I lost my "X-Day Streak" badge (I WILL get it back!) which cost me probably about 20 positions. But I began wondering why I have lost so many positions...even though I continue to do the same things each day that once had me ranked between 25-30. And then it hit me...the introduction of our new Zebra games!! As was the intent, more people are playing games because of the wide variety of games that SFI now offers...and that's good. Personally, I play GrandMaster Poker, ZackJack, Gold Streak and Uber-Picks. Sometimes I dabble in the Time Machine and Pick the Price. But here's my concern...are the folks, who concentrate on doing those things to grow their business and thus achieve the SFI Badges, being put into an unfair advantage with those who concentrate on the TC badges and playing games? I don't have time to play a lot of games just to keep my title of "Grand Master" because I have other things I need to concentrate on. At the same time, those who do have the time, and enjoy playing games, shouldn't be penalized either. So here's my question/suggestion...is it time perhaps to create separate rankings...especially since there are so many more badges available on the TC side than on the SFI side? If we maintain the status quo, should SFI badges carry more weight than TC badges? I don't know the answer...I'm just posing the question. If the decision is made to keep the system as it is, I'm okay with that and I'll just watch as my ranking drop. That's the price I will gladly pay for concentrating on what I think is important for my SFI business. Badges! Who needs them? I do!!
Badges! Who needs them?

That's what I thought when I first became active in SFI and so I didn't pay much attention to them.

However, as time went by, and as I began to truly work hard to achieve success with SFI, I noticed my badge count growing. Suddenly, badges became important to me!! It's funny how that works, eh Mr. C? :)

At one point, I even managed to sneak into the ranks of "Grand Master Elite," but then fell back to "Grand Master" where I remain today. However, what I have noticed over the past couple of months is that my rank has continued to drop. Whereas I was once ranked around 25, today I find myself sitting at 109. Now, thanks to a power failure yesterday, I was unable to complete my Zebra games so I lost my "X-Day Streak" badge (I WILL get it back!) which cost me probably about 20 positions.

But I began wondering why I have lost so many positions...even though I continue to do the same things each day that once had me ranked between 25-30. And then it hit me...the introduction of our new Zebra games!! As was the intent, more people are playing games because of the wide variety of games that SFI now offers...and that's good. Personally, I play GrandMaster Poker, ZackJack, Gold Streak and Uber-Picks. Sometimes I dabble in the Time Machine and Pick the Price.

But here's my concern...are the folks, who concentrate on doing those things to grow their business and thus achieve the SFI Badges, being put into an unfair advantage with those who concentrate on the TC badges and playing games? I don't have time to play a lot of games just to keep my title of "Grand Master" because I have other things I need to concentrate on. At the same time, those who do have the time, and enjoy playing games, shouldn't be penalized either.

So here's my question/suggestion...is it time perhaps to create separate rankings...especially since there are so many more badges available on the TC side than on the SFI side? If we maintain the status quo, should SFI badges carry more weight than TC badges? I don't know the answer...I'm just posing the question.

If the decision is made to keep the system as it is, I'm okay with that and I'll just watch as my ranking drop. That's the price I will gladly pay for concentrating on what I think is important for my SFI business.

Badges! Who needs them?

I do!!
Vincent R.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago

Great post, I have been GM since 10 months and rather than you my badge points are increasing because I was aware of the new games being introduced and I rose to the challenge. I have 8 of the 9 badges available for AA and I need to start playing the HIDDEN, you see you need to even out by grabbing some points from new games as they are introduced and I believe this is a good thing that we experience our products too. Cheers and get your points UP! :bowtie:
Great post, I have been GM since 10 months and rather than you my badge points are increasing because I was aware of the new games being introduced and I rose to the challenge.

I have 8 of the 9 badges available for AA and I need to start playing the HIDDEN, you see you need to even out by grabbing some points from new games as they are introduced and I believe this is a good thing that we experience our products too.

Cheers and get your points UP!
24x SUPPORT
David Abiola O A.

United Kingdom

E365 Champion
Guru Rank: #11

Posted about 1 month ago

I like GAMES, excellent entertainment and sometimes escape from reality. The new game HIDDEN helped my recent BADGE QUEST promotion. Jan Green Network Majic Queen
I like GAMES, excellent entertainment and sometimes escape from reality.

The new game HIDDEN helped my recent BADGE QUEST promotion.

Jan Green
Network Majic Queen
7x SUPPORT
Jan G.

United States

Posted about 1 month ago More by Tanja K.

Sigh... I understand so well what you mean, Vincent! I guess it's up to US to make the right chioce... From my example: maintaining my ELITE level requires some "playing time" to get enough badges to remain among the 20 people at the top of the Leaderboard... Getting 5000 tokens every month is something that helps me a lot... So, I do what I need to remain there...and that includes PLAYING games and collecting badges... But, I try to do just the necessary as I prefer to dedicate my time to OTHER activities...not only PLAYING. We need to make our plans ... based on our positions, possibilities and GOALS!
Sigh...
I understand so well what you mean, Vincent!

I guess it's up to US to make the right chioce...

From my example: maintaining my ELITE level requires some "playing time"
to get enough badges to remain among the 20 people at the top of the
Leaderboard...
Getting 5000 tokens every month is something that helps me a lot...

So, I do what I need to remain there...and that includes PLAYING games
and collecting badges...
But, I try to do just the necessary as I prefer to dedicate my time to OTHER
activities...not only PLAYING.

We need to make our plans ... based on our positions, possibilities and GOALS!
163x SUPPORT
Tanja K.

Montenegro

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #1

Posts: 8,305 | Followers: 1,126 | Joined SFI: May 25, 2015

Posted about 1 month ago 2 Replies

Excellent post, Vincent. We're actually discussing ways to accomplish your objective now. Stay tuned.
Excellent post, Vincent. We're actually discussing ways to accomplish your objective now. Stay tuned.
Gery

United States

Posted about 1 month ago More by Vincent R.

[quote=1532960]Excellent post, Vincent. We're actually discussing ways to accomplish your objective now. Stay tuned.[/quote] Thank you Gery. As usual, you are right on top of everything and I truly appreciate your consideration as well as all of your efforts to make SFI the best program possible! SFI works!! :)
Gery posted:

Thank you Gery.

As usual, you are right on top of everything and I truly appreciate your consideration as well as all of your efforts to make SFI the best program possible!

SFI works!! :)
Vincent R.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago More by Barry C. 2 Replies

This is a Interesting way how you use the terminology "Grand Master" I have spent over 35 years in the Martial Arts many years in the Korean System and went freestyle at the age of 43 Age of accession. A Grand master means to free one's mind of limitations and become more subtle in movements in a Internal sense. A good example I took my son and wife to the fitness center and showed him some basic blocking in boxing techniques but along with this came a little more detail like striking to the radial nerve on a block and following through with a punch. I realized than my moves have come more advanced than just basic or advanced. You ask how does this relate to SFI. and business. The badges are not the measure of success that must come within oneself not through external recognition and formal acceptance but within. Perhaps you should look within yourself and learn the way of alternate paths when a barrier is placed in front of you perhaps you could have kept your streak intact by going to a Public wi-fi or maybe switching to a different network on a smart phone on a more subtle note perhaps creating a Certificate and forcing the network to accept tls with installation on all systems As for myself, I am not a great believer in chance luck or random success. You can flag this like you always do but I hope you get something out of this whoever "Mr c." is
This is a Interesting way how you use the terminology "Grand Master" I have spent over 35 years in the Martial Arts many years in the Korean System and went freestyle at the age of 43 Age of accession. A Grand master means to free one's mind of limitations and become more subtle in movements in a Internal sense. A good example I took my son and wife to the fitness center and showed him some basic blocking in boxing techniques but along with this came a little more detail like striking to the radial nerve on a block and following through with a punch. I realized than my moves have come more advanced than just basic or advanced. You ask how does this relate to SFI. and business.

The badges are not the measure of success that must come within oneself not through external recognition and formal acceptance but within. Perhaps you should look within yourself and learn the way of alternate paths when a barrier is placed in front of you perhaps you could have kept your streak intact by going to a Public wi-fi or maybe switching to a different network on a smart phone on a more subtle note perhaps creating a Certificate and forcing the network to accept tls with installation on all systems

As for myself, I am not a great believer in chance luck or random success. You can flag this like you always do but I hope you get something out of this whoever "Mr c." is
Barry C.

United States

Posted about 1 month ago 1 Reply

I love games but I do not understand them very well. For 11 months I have hardly got 35 badges in SFI. I'm 37, 38 years old and I'm back 32 or 33 .. The game also plays and fun at the same time .. I'm here I'm going to come this very month to these famous 40. I would be really happy .. I do not know Hidden yet, but I'm persistent and I'm trying to learn more ...
I love games but I do not understand them very well. For 11 months I have hardly got 35 badges in SFI. I'm 37, 38 years old and I'm back 32 or 33 .. The game also plays and fun at the same time .. I'm here I'm going to come this very month to these famous 40. I would be really happy .. I do not know Hidden yet, but I'm persistent and I'm trying to learn more ...
SUPPORT
ljiljana f.

Serbia

Posted about 1 month ago

I am doing my best to stay in top 200, but it is consuming a LOT of my time to play all those games daily and get the great results. I love my Rewardisals, but I would like to have more time to do some other great things here at my SFI office instead! So, I agree with you Vincent!
I am doing my best to stay in top 200,
but it is consuming a LOT of my time to play all those games daily and get the great results.
I love my Rewardisals, but I would like to have more time to do some other great things here at my SFI office instead!
So, I agree with you Vincent!
4x SUPPORT
Marija K.

Bosnia And Herzegovina

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 month ago

Thank you ...Gery....i cannot but always commend your efforts because you will never leave any situation to be dicey You will never allow a vaccum to be created that can give any of us negative feelings...you are a problem solver always Gery...the great listener and manager....i eagerly await the changes too
Thank you ...Gery....i cannot but always commend your efforts
because you will never leave any situation to be dicey
You will never allow a vaccum to be created that can give any
of us negative feelings...you are a problem solver always
Gery...the great listener and manager....i eagerly await the changes too
5x SUPPORT
Ofuonyebi '.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion

Posted about 1 month ago

I guess depending on your rank, badges could be important. When I first started l didn't understand the importance of badges. Then one day l looked at my badges and l had 16 badges, it was enough to had the "Rising Star status". I became encouraged. That's the wonderful thing about this system, it's always looking for ways to help you elevate.
I guess depending on your rank, badges could be important. When I first started l didn't understand the importance of badges. Then one day l looked at my badges and l had 16 badges, it was enough to had the "Rising Star status". I became encouraged. That's the wonderful thing about this system, it's always looking for ways to help you elevate.
5x SUPPORT
Stephen B.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted about 1 month ago

Very interesting and useful for the beginers as I am.Thank you very much,for this post!
Very interesting and useful for the beginers as I am.Thank you very much,for this post!
Andja S.

Serbia

| Edit settings