Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Forum likes

Posted 7 days ago, edited 7 days ago More by Stephen D.

CAUTION (Quotation contains error) :x: [quote=1548604]Like button will appear only in those threads where we are replying to other people's questions or giving answers to the questions that have been raised by other people. :x: [/quote] Respectfully Preeti; Witness this Leading Post: https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1548575#post-1548575 A "Like" (:thumbsup:) button "appears" [u]and is functional[/u] for everyone EXCEPT the Post-Maker (Merly P.). I sometimes Flag (:triangular_flag_on_post:) Posts containing DANGEROUS Errors. Other times I "quote" and interject an emoji such as :x: Best Wishes, :sweat_smile:
CAUTION (Quotation contains error)

Preeti K. posted:
Like button will appear only in those threads where we are replying to other people's questions or giving answers to the questions that have been raised by other people.

Respectfully Preeti;

Witness this Leading Post:
www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1548575#post-1548575

A "Like" (
) button "appears" and is functional for everyone EXCEPT the Post-Maker (Merly P.).

I sometimes Flag (
) Posts containing DANGEROUS Errors.

Other times I "quote" and interject an emoji such as

Best Wishes,

13x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #12

Posted 7 days ago

[quote=1548590]Dear Merly, Please click [b][url=https://news.sfimg.com/2018/02/08/two-new-forum-features-debuting-today/]here[/url][/b] and read SFI Newsletter [b]"Two new Forum features debuting today"[/b] dated February 8, 2018. Scroll down to: [b]New Feature #2, Paragraph 4[/b]. There's also a thread for discussion posted by President Sir Gery of this SFI News announcement: [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1329639#post-1329639][b]"Two new Forum features debut."[/b][/url] Best Wishes... [/quote] Thank you Aung, now I am a bitt smarter about this, I was wondering too why some affiliates have or do not have like icon :laughing:
Aung B. posted:
Dear Merly,

Please click here and read SFI Newsletter "Two new Forum features debuting today" dated February 8, 2018.
Scroll down to: New Feature #2, Paragraph 4.

There's also a thread for discussion posted by President Sir Gery of this SFI News announcement: "Two new Forum features debut."

Best Wishes...

Thank you Aung, now I am a bitt smarter about this, I was wondering too why some affiliates have or do not have like icon
4x SUPPORT
Sonja U.

Croatia

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 7 days ago More by Tanja K. 1 Reply

[quote=1548602]Thank you very much fellow affiliates for answering my question. It means I won't be getting likes for this post. Oh no! :smile:[/quote] Merly, if you click on the QUOTE button to answer that post, YOUR post may be short, but, the words from the quoted post count, too... so, you would PROBABLY get the like button.
Merly P. posted:
Thank you very much fellow affiliates for answering my question. It means I won't be getting likes for this post. Oh no!

Merly,
if you click on the QUOTE button to answer that post,
YOUR post may be short, but, the words from the quoted post count, too...
so, you would PROBABLY get the like button.
163x SUPPORT
Tanja K.

Montenegro

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #1

Posts: 8,305 | Followers: 1,126 | Joined SFI: May 25, 2015

Posted 7 days ago More by Merly P. 1 Reply

[quote=1548626][quote=1548602]Thank you very much fellow affiliates for answering my question. It means I won't be getting likes for this post. Oh no! :smile:[/quote] Merly, if you click on the QUOTE button to answer that post, YOUR post may be short, but, the words from the quoted post count, too... so, you would PROBABLY get the like button. [/quote] Good evening Tanja. It was just a joke but thanks I was reminded to use the quote button.
Tanja K. posted:
Merly P. posted:
Thank you very much fellow affiliates for answering my question. It means I won't be getting likes for this post. Oh no!

Merly,

Good evening Tanja. It was just a joke but thanks I was reminded to use the quote button.
Merly P.

Philippines

E365 Country Champion

Posted 7 days ago More by Tanja K.

[quote=1548633][quote=1548626][quote=1548602]Thank you very much fellow affiliates for answering my question. It means I won't be getting likes for this post. Oh no! :smile:[/quote] Merly, if you click on the QUOTE button to answer that post, YOUR post may be short, but, the words from the quoted post count, too... so, you would PROBABLY get the like button. [/quote] Good evening Tanja. It was just a joke but thanks I was reminded to use the quote button.[/quote] I know you were joking , Marly! LOL You see why I would like to have the LOL button, too? [img]https://i.imgur.com/UKeaiLt.jpg[/img]
Merly P. posted:
Tanja K. posted:
Merly P. posted:

Merly,

Good evening Tanja. It was just a joke but thanks I was reminded to use the quote button.

I know you were joking , Marly! LOL

You see why I would like to have the LOL button, too?

163x SUPPORT
Tanja K.

Montenegro

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #1

Posts: 8,305 | Followers: 1,126 | Joined SFI: May 25, 2015

Posted 7 days ago

I understand how you feel regarding Forum likes. We have no control over what post does or doesn't receive a like.
I understand how you feel regarding Forum likes. We have no control over what post does or doesn't receive a like.
5x SUPPORT
Stephen B.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 7 days ago 1 Reply

[quote=1548607]Posts SHOULD have a [u]CAUTION (contains error)[/u] Button, IMO[/quote] Hi Stephen, We'd love to do that...but then what do we get when someone who doesn't know what they're talking about (i.e. are wrong themselves) mark someone's correct post as "wrong?" That's problematic. What happens when people get angry at someone and start marking all their posts as wrong to spite them? We've been doing this long enough to know that these things would happen, and probably way more than you'd think. So...while I like the idea, there would have to be a number of parts to it specially programmed to get the benefit and mitigate the "false positives."
Stephen D. posted:
Posts SHOULD have a CAUTION (contains error) Button,

IMO

Hi Stephen,

We'd love to do that...but then what do we get when someone who doesn't know what they're talking about (i.e. are wrong themselves) mark someone's correct post as "wrong?" That's problematic. What happens when people get angry at someone and start marking all their posts as wrong to spite them? We've been doing this long enough to know that these things would happen, and probably way more than you'd think. So...while I like the idea, there would have to be a number of parts to it specially programmed to get the benefit and mitigate the "false positives."
Gery

United States

Posted 7 days ago More by Stephen D. 1 Reply

[quote=1548739][quote=1548607]Posts SHOULD have a [u]CAUTION (contains error)[/u] Button, IMO[/quote] Hi Stephen, We'd love to do that...but then what do we get when someone who doesn't know what they're talking about (i.e. are wrong themselves) mark someone's correct post as "wrong?" That's problematic. What happens when people get angry at someone and start marking all their posts as wrong to spite them? We've been doing this long enough to know that these things would happen, and probably way more than you'd think. So...while I like the idea, there would have to be a number of parts to it specially programmed to get the benefit and mitigate the "false positives."[/quote] Thank you Gery; I respectfully suggest to try making a [b]Caution[/b] button [i][u]post[/u][/i] a temporary [b]Alert[/b] and a [b]Flag[/b] for a Moderator Interaction, plus a [b]Record[/b] of both Participants` recent interactions. Respectfully on your Team, Stephen
Gery posted:
Stephen D. posted:

IMO

Hi Stephen,

We'd love to do that...but then what do we get when someone who doesn't know what they're talking about (i.e. are wrong themselves) mark someone's correct post as "wrong?" That's problematic. What happens when people get angry at someone and start marking all their posts as wrong to spite them? We've been doing this long enough to know that these things would happen, and probably way more than you'd think. So...while I like the idea, there would have to be a number of parts to it specially programmed to get the benefit and mitigate the "false positives."

Thank you Gery;

I respectfully suggest to try making a Caution button post a temporary Alert and a Flag for a Moderator Interaction, plus a Record of both Participants` recent interactions.

Respectfully on your Team,
Stephen
13x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 6 days ago 1 Reply

[quote=1548873][quote=1548739][quote=1548607]Posts SHOULD have a [u]CAUTION (contains error)[/u] Button, IMO[/quote] Hi Stephen, We'd love to do that...but then what do we get when someone who doesn't know what they're talking about (i.e. are wrong themselves) mark someone's correct post as "wrong?" That's problematic. What happens when people get angry at someone and start marking all their posts as wrong to spite them? We've been doing this long enough to know that these things would happen, and probably way more than you'd think. So...while I like the idea, there would have to be a number of parts to it specially programmed to get the benefit and mitigate the "false positives."[/quote] Thank you Gery; I respectfully suggest to try making a [b]Caution[/b] button [i][u]post[/u][/i] a temporary [b]Alert[/b] and a [b]Flag[/b] for a Moderator Interaction, plus a [b]Record[/b] of both Participants` recent interactions. Respectfully on your Team, Stephen [/quote] We already have a report button that alerts the moderators. You can click on it and explain why you did it.
Stephen D. posted:
Gery posted:
Stephen D. posted:

IMO

Hi Stephen,

Thank you Gery;

I respectfully suggest to try making a Caution button post a temporary Alert and a Flag for a Moderator Interaction, plus a Record of both Participants` recent interactions.

Stephen

We already have a report button that alerts the moderators. You can click on it and explain why you did it.
31x SUPPORT
Earl W.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

Posted 6 days ago More by Stephen D.

[quote=1549403][quote=1548873][quote=1548739][quote=1548607]Posts SHOULD have a [u]CAUTION (contains error)[/u] Button, IMO[/quote] Hi Stephen, We'd love to do that...but then what do we get when someone who doesn't know what they're talking about (i.e. are wrong themselves) mark someone's correct post as "wrong?" That's problematic. What happens when people get angry at someone and start marking all their posts as wrong to spite them? We've been doing this long enough to know that these things would happen, and probably way more than you'd think. So...while I like the idea, there would have to be a number of parts to it specially programmed to get the benefit and mitigate the "false positives."[/quote] Thank you Gery; I respectfully suggest to try making a [b]Caution[/b] button [i][u]post[/u][/i] a temporary [b]Alert[/b] and a [b]Flag[/b] for a Moderator Interaction, plus a [b]Record[/b] of both Participants` recent interactions. Respectfully on your Team, Stephen [/quote] We already have a report button that alerts the moderators. You can click on it and explain why you did it.[/quote] I do FLAG Violations of Forum Rules. Resolution by Moderators can take several HOURS. I would like an Instant CAUTION that will Warn Readers that the Post may mislead and warrants careful handling. Gery is considering: https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1548739#post-1548739 Best Wishes,
Earl W. posted:
Stephen D. posted:
Gery posted:
Stephen D. posted:

IMO

Hi Stephen,

Thank you Gery;

Stephen

We already have a report button that alerts the moderators. You can click on it and explain why you did it.

I do FLAG Violations of Forum Rules. Resolution by Moderators can take several HOURS.

I would like an Instant CAUTION that will Warn Readers that the Post may mislead and warrants careful handling.
Gery is considering: www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?post_id=1548739#post-1548739

Best Wishes,
13x SUPPORT
Stephen D.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

| Edit settings