Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Please Correct a small grammatical error

Posted 16 days ago, edited 16 days ago More by Sanjeev S.

Heading over to TIEBREAKERS under the URL: https://www.tripleclicks.com/Astro/Rules it is stated:-1::-1::thumbsdown:: Tiebreaker #2: Oldest winner. If tie is not broken by Tiebreaker #1, the win will be awarded to the bidder who has [u][b]went[/b][/u] the longest without winning the Pick The Bid I daresay:thumbsup: the CORRECT grammar:ok_hand: is: Tiebreaker #2: Oldest winner. If tie is not broken by Tiebreaker #1, the win will be awarded to the bidder who has [u][b]GONE[/b][/u] the longest without winning the Pick The Bid (2) :dizzy_face::neutral_face: AND THEN, would you say 1 REWARDICALS in case you were asked to ? All members are seeing it all the time at the LAUNCHI** time; yet none :smiling_imp:bothers to :expressionless:complain.. $$:innocent: Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
Heading over to TIEBREAKERS under the URL:
www.tripleclicks.com/Astro/Rules
it is stated
:
Tiebreaker #2: Oldest winner. If tie is not broken by Tiebreaker #1, the win
will be awarded to the bidder who has went the longest without winning
the Pick The Bid

I daresay
the CORRECT grammar
is:
Tiebreaker #2: Oldest winner. If tie is not broken by Tiebreaker #1, the win
will be awarded to the bidder who has GONE the longest without winning
the Pick The Bid
(2)

AND THEN, would you say 1 REWARDICALS in case you were asked to ?
All members are seeing it all the time at the LAUNCHI** time; yet none
bothers to
complain..

$$

Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
Sanjeev S.

India

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 16 days ago More by Randy I. 1 Reply

Submit a ticket. Support can easily handle little housekeeping things like this. This is not a forum issue.
Submit a ticket. Support can easily handle little housekeeping things like this. This is not a forum issue.
9x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Guru Rank: #1

Posted 16 days ago

Sanjeev, I see I have a kindred spirit across the world. I too notice typos and incorrect grammar, I have done it all my life. I guess the folks who develop these games are more tech-oriented and less concerned about grammar. Perhaps they will see this post and fix it soon. Thank you for your keen observation! Johnna Ingram from America :sunglasses:
Sanjeev,
I see I have a kindred spirit across the world. I too notice typos and incorrect grammar, I have done it all my life.
I guess the folks who develop these games are more tech-oriented and less concerned about grammar. Perhaps they will see this post and fix it soon.
Thank you for your keen observation!
Johnna Ingram from America
6x SUPPORT
Johnna I.

United States

E365 Champion

Posted 16 days ago 1 Reply

Hello, Sanjeev! I agree the grammar in your example is atrocious! And when playing AA, I also get a bit of a chuckle when I am watching the Launch and a message appear saying "You have just won 1 Rewardicals!" and I would play it back to myself as "You have won JUST one Rewardicals" , etc. to keep myself amused, while wishing a 1000 Rewardicals will appear, instead of Just 1 to make the grammar correct! LOL!:laughing: However, if we spend our time looking for grammatical errors in every posts we read at the Forum, nothing productive will happen. Besides, we're not here to edit, proofread, and point out mistakes in grammar. You know, this Forum is full of posts with grammatical errors, and mine is not an exception! Even Gery himself is not immune! Means, he's also human like the rest of us and prone to make an error or two... Nobody is perfect, eh?:wink2: GP
Hello, Sanjeev!

I agree the grammar in your example is atrocious! And when playing AA, I also get a bit of a chuckle when I am watching the Launch and a message appear saying "You have just won 1 Rewardicals!" and I would play it back to myself as "You have won JUST one Rewardicals" , etc. to keep myself amused, while wishing a 1000 Rewardicals will appear, instead of Just 1 to make the grammar correct! LOL!

However, if we spend our time looking for grammatical errors in every posts we read at the Forum, nothing productive will happen. Besides, we're not here to edit, proofread, and point out mistakes in grammar.

You know, this Forum is full of posts with grammatical errors, and mine is not an exception! Even Gery himself is not immune! Means, he's also human like the rest of us and prone to make an error or two...

Nobody is perfect, eh?

GP

41x SUPPORT
Gliceria P.

Australia

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted 16 days ago More by Sanjeev S. 1 Reply

[quote=1591425]Submit a ticket. Support can easily handle little housekeeping things like this. This is not a forum issue.[/quote] :wave::wave: THANK icon is there for a reason. I used it just now. BUT now i can neither AGREE with you or CONGRATULATE you for your profound observation. Silly me ! WHY did i not see it with your :eyes: ? I always thought SUGGESTIONS is what this "section" was for:tired_face: $$:innocent: Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
Randy I. posted:

THANK icon is there for a reason.
I used it just now.
BUT now i can neither AGREE with you or CONGRATULATE you
for your profound observation.

Silly me ! WHY did i not see it with your
?
I always thought SUGGESTIONS is what this "section" was for

$$

Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
Sanjeev S.

India

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 16 days ago More by Randy I. 1 Reply

[quote=1591429][quote=1591425]Submit a ticket. Support can easily handle little housekeeping things like this. This is not a forum issue.[/quote] :wave::wave: THANK icon is there for a reason. I used it just now. BUT now i can neither AGREE with you or CONGRATULATE you for your profound observation. Silly me ! WHY did i not see it with your :eyes: ? I always thought SUGGESTIONS is what this "section" was for:tired_face: $$:innocent: Sanjeev Suri from INDIA[/quote] Outstanding sarcasm! You really think the Suggestion Box is for school teachers to make corrections. Now I understand your wisdom. We can fill every thread with corrections. [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/aa/7d/55/aa7d551011ba76881da49634fe6b07d9.jpg[/img] Much continued success.
Sanjeev S. posted:
Randy I. posted:

THANK icon is there for a reason.
I used it just now.

?

$$

Sanjeev Suri from INDIA

Outstanding sarcasm! You really think the Suggestion Box is for school teachers to make corrections. Now I understand your wisdom. We can fill every thread with corrections.

Much continued success.
9x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Guru Rank: #1

Posted 16 days ago, edited 16 days ago More by Sanjeev S.

[quote=1591428]Hello, Sanjeev! I agree the grammar in your example is atrocious! And when playing AA, I also get a bit of a chuckle when I am watching the Launch and a message appear saying "You have just won 1 Rewardicals!" and I would play it back to myself as "You have won JUST one Rewardicals" , etc. to keep myself amused, while wishing a 1000 Rewardicals will appear, instead of Just 1 to make the grammar correct! LOL!:laughing: [u]However, if we spend our time looking for grammatical errors in every post[b]s[/b]:wink2: we read at the Forum, nothing productive will happen. Besides, we're not here to edit, proofread or point out mistakes in grammar.[/u] You know, this Forum is full of posts with grammatical errors, and mine is not an exception! Even Gery himself is not immune! Means, he's also human like the rest of us and prone to make an error or two... Nobody is perfect, eh?:wink2: GP [/quote] Dear Gliceria, :wave::wave: [u]I agree with you[/u] fully because you never ever "try to put down" others and present your opinion in such an amiable way.:ok_hand::smile: I merely "put in the Suggestion Box" a SUGGESTION that i deemed PROPER. As for correcting :smiling_imp::grinning:, or editing, i would never again touch another member's post with a bargepole unless it was a friend - YOU, for example. Sometime last year, a member took umbrage to my lighthearted :smiling_imp: IMPISH poke { can't help it }; i apologized but my apology was not even posted. It got rejected with a reason = "Purpose of your post was not clear" I was , honestly, surprised but i really have seen [b]stranger things[/b] happen. Not only in this forum but in real life ae well. I could post [b]a few[/b] under *Just For Fun or **Miscellaneous but deem it a little too cumbersome given the fact that HUMOR is not appreciated universally. :scream::sob::cry: $$:innocent: Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
Gliceria P. posted:
Hello, Sanjeev!

I agree the grammar in your example is atrocious! And when playing AA, I also get a bit of a chuckle when I am watching the Launch and a message appear saying "You have just won 1 Rewardicals!" and I would play it back to myself as "You have won JUST one Rewardicals" , etc. to keep myself amused, while wishing a 1000 Rewardicals will appear, instead of Just 1 to make the grammar correct! LOL!

However, if we spend our time looking for grammatical errors in every
we read at the Forum, nothing productive will happen.
Besides, we're not here to edit, proofread or point out mistakes in grammar.

You know, this Forum is full of posts with grammatical errors, and mine is not an exception! Even Gery himself is not immune! Means, he's also human like the rest of us and prone to make an error or two...

Nobody is perfect, eh?

GP

Dear Gliceria,

I agree with you fully because you never ever "try to put down" others
and present your opinion in such an amiable way.

I merely "put in the Suggestion Box" a SUGGESTION that i deemed PROPER.

As for correcting
, or editing, i would never again touch another member's
post with a bargepole unless it was a friend - YOU, for example.
Sometime last year, a member took umbrage to my lighthearted
IMPISH
poke { can't help it }; i apologized but my apology was not even posted.
It got rejected with a reason = "Purpose of your post was not clear"

I was , honestly, surprised but i really have seen stranger things happen.
Not only in this forum but in real life ae well.

I could post a few under *Just For Fun or **Miscellaneous but deem it a little
too cumbersome given the fact that HUMOR is not appreciated universally.

$$

Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
Sanjeev S.

India

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 16 days ago More by Sanjeev S.

[quote=1591425] :wave::wave: BUT now i can neither AGREE with you or CONGRATULATE you for your [b][u]profound observation. [/b][/u] Silly me ! WHY did i not see it with your :eyes: ? I always thought SUGGESTIONS is what this "section" was for:tired_face: $$:innocent: Sanjeev Suri from INDIA ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Outstanding sarcasm! You really think the Suggestion Box is for school teachers to make corrections.:point_left::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::astonished: Now I understand your wisdom :joy_cat:. :boom: :broken_heart: :see_no_evil: We can fill every thread with corrections :speak_no_evil: :expressionless: Much continued success.[/quote] Dear Randy, :wave:[u]:wave:[/u], My SUGGESTED CORRECTION is not about any thread but AA's I apologize that it has upset you so... $$:innocent: Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
Randy I. posted:

?

$$

Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Outstanding sarcasm! You really think the Suggestion Box is for
school teachers to make corrections.

Now I understand your wisdom

We can fill every thread with corrections

Much continued success.

Dear Randy,

My SUGGESTED CORRECTION is not about any thread but AA's
I apologize that it has upset you so...

$$

Sanjeev Suri from INDIA
Sanjeev S.

India

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 16 days ago

Sanjeev, you have mentioned only one example. If you notice questions of Gold Streak, Brain Sprint, KOT etc, you will see most of the sentences are grammatically WRONG. Grammatically wrong sentences definitely confuse readers & sometimes very difficult to understand. Moreover, grammatically wrong sentences destroy the BEAUTY of a language. And finally I would say this topic is NOT undesirable for discussion on Forum page. Bijan Kanti Pandit
Sanjeev, you have mentioned only one example. If you notice questions of Gold Streak, Brain Sprint, KOT etc, you will see most of the sentences are grammatically WRONG. Grammatically wrong sentences definitely confuse readers & sometimes very difficult to understand. Moreover, grammatically wrong sentences destroy the BEAUTY of a language. And finally I would say this topic is NOT undesirable for discussion on Forum page.
Bijan Kanti Pandit
Bijan Kanti P.

Bangladesh

Posted 15 days ago

Randy is correct in that the best way to call for a correction is here: [url=https://www.sfimg.com/Input/SubmitBugReport]Submit a Bug Report[/url], but the suggestion topic is also read by corporate so this is also a useful place. Finding the bug report form is not as easy as it might be. In the black navigation bar, hover over MISC, slide down to Input/Feedback, then click on Submit a Bug Report. All bug reports and suggestions are taken seriously by SFI and prioritized according to the overall benefit to SFI and us, the affiliates.
Randy is correct in that the best way to call for a correction is here:
Submit a Bug Report,
but the suggestion topic is also read by corporate so this is also a useful place.

Finding the bug report form is not as easy as it might be. In the black navigation bar, hover over MISC, slide down to Input/Feedback, then click on Submit a Bug Report.

All bug reports and suggestions are taken seriously by SFI and prioritized according to the overall benefit to SFI and us, the affiliates.
9x SUPPORT
Bruce D.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

| Edit settings