Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Are You Real?

Posted 12 days ago More by Randy I.

Are You Real? From your library of expert reports (https://www.sfimg.com/Training/ExpertReports) we find some good advice that applies to your Leadership skills as you mentor your team: [i]"First: People want to deal with human beings, not flawless robots. To illustrate: When you hear a speaker who is oh-so-precise with enunciation, so programmed with canned gestures and so fluent without a single blunder, you might react negatively. You sense that you are observing an actor, not a real person." (Bill Lampton, Ph.D.,)[/i] The world will not fall apart if there are a few imperfections in your leadership. People will follow a REAL person over a person who never seems to make a mistake. One of the best places to be "real" is right here in the forum. It's okay if you are not an expert! [img]https://i.imgur.com/I9w9zeD.jpg[/img] I took this picture one morning last summer. This golden sunrise is only possible because of some dark clouds that were in place. We are going to have some dark clouds in our lives. Let's appreciate, and acknowledge that we are not perfect, and then stop demanding that others be perfect, and we might just let our humanity shine through! That's what your team needs to see.
Are You Real?

From your library of expert reports (https://www.sfimg.com/Training/ExpertReports) we find some good advice that applies to your Leadership skills as you mentor your team:

"First: People want to deal with human beings, not flawless robots. To illustrate: When you hear a speaker who is oh-so-precise with enunciation, so programmed with canned gestures and so fluent without a single blunder, you might react negatively. You sense that you are observing an actor, not a real person." (Bill Lampton, Ph.D.,)

The world will not fall apart if there are a few imperfections in your leadership. People will follow a REAL person over a person who never seems to make a mistake. One of the best places to be "real" is right here in the forum. It's okay if you are not an expert!

I took this picture one morning last summer. This golden sunrise is only possible because of some dark clouds that were in place. We are going to have some dark clouds in our lives. Let's appreciate, and acknowledge that we are not perfect, and then stop demanding that others be perfect, and we might just let our humanity shine through! That's what your team needs to see.
9x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Guru Rank: #1

Posted 12 days ago

My friend Randy, First of all good day & hope, all is fine, You gave a good reminder I appreciate it a lot Indeed when we make a real photo of us & when we start communication with our team it will really help us build a good relationship with each other Here I would like to mention that [url=https://www.sfimg.com/LaunchPad/Lesson?id=55]Communication is VITAL![/url] Regards Kaddour
My friend Randy,

First of all good day & hope, all is fine,

You gave a good reminder I appreciate it a lot
Indeed when we make a real photo of us & when we start communication with our team it will really help us build a good relationship with each other
Here I would like to mention that Communication is VITAL!

Regards
Kaddour

10x SUPPORT
BENAHMED K.

Algeria

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 12 days ago

Sir Randy, Great post as always! Thank you so much for the nice post!! Yes, I am not an expert but I am real!! I love this forum and the greatest people here... Gery said in the Rules of Success "I believe it's because I APPLIED MYSELF to the goals I set for myself and I refused to fail. "Persist until you win" has always been my motto and it continues to serve me every single day!" https://www.sfimg.com/ROS/ROSPersist Accordingly, I am trying and shall keep on trying!!!
Sir Randy,
Great post as always!
Thank you so much for the nice post!!
Yes, I am not an expert but I am real!!
I love this forum and the greatest people here...
Gery said in the Rules of Success "I believe it's because I APPLIED MYSELF to the goals I set for myself and I refused to fail. "Persist until you win" has always been my motto and it continues to serve me every single day!" www.sfimg.com/ROS/ROSPersist
Accordingly, I am trying and shall keep on trying!!!
8x SUPPORT
Mizanur R.

Bangladesh

E365 Country Champion

Posted 12 days ago

Great post! Nice.
Great post! Nice.
Owolabi O.

Nigeria

Posted 12 days ago

Hi Randy, This scenic picture posted by you, tells that all is fine with you, glad it is so.:smile: For us here, this part of USA, we will be snowed in for this coming weekend into next week. It will be a great to experience Hope our internet remains accessible.:exclamation: :question: Happy New Year, enjoy the beauty of nature. :snowflake: Clarence:sunglasses:W
Hi Randy,
This scenic picture posted by you, tells that all is fine with you,
glad it is so.

For us here, this part of USA, we will be snowed in for this coming
weekend into next week. It will be a great to experience
Hope our internet remains accessible.

Happy New Year, enjoy the beauty of nature.

Clarence
W
3x SUPPORT
Clarence W.

United States

E365 Runner Up

Posted 12 days ago 1 Reply

Hi Randy, I believe that no man is perfect but the creator of all things only However, a real Leader, is one who always lead by example to enable others follow...positive steps to success inspirations
Hi Randy,
I believe that no man is perfect but the creator of all things only
However, a real Leader, is one who always lead by example
to enable others follow...positive steps to success inspirations
6x SUPPORT
Ofuonyebi '.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion

[quote=1594020]Hi Randy, I believe that no man is perfect but the creator of all things only However, a real Leader, is one who always lead by example to enable others follow...positive steps to success inspirations[/quote] I will agree with your comments, but still have to say that even by leading by example we are subject to not being perfect. Accepting that we are not perfect, we still aim for perfection.
Ofuonyebi '. posted:
Hi Randy,
I believe that no man is perfect but the creator of all things only
However, a real Leader, is one who always lead by example
to enable others follow...positive steps to success inspirations

I will agree with your comments, but still have to say that even by leading by example we are subject to not being perfect. Accepting that we are not perfect, we still aim for perfection.
9x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Posted 12 days ago

Thats true its very important to reveal who we really are when meeting up with new people.If they suspect anything unusual from us then they will not listen to any advise we give them.
Thats true its very important to reveal who we really are when meeting up with new people.If they suspect anything unusual from us then they will not listen to any advise we give them.
3x SUPPORT
Ahmed Shamis S.

Maldives

Posted 12 days ago 1 Reply

Once again, a great point of view. I am of the belief: Without our mistakes we would not be where we are today. After all, as mentioned we all make mistakes. Those who progress are the ones who take their mistakes and learn from them. Some of the best inventions throughout history came about because of a "mistake." Watch an infant/child and we observe just how much we learn from making "mistakes." My daughter loves to draw, but thinks she is awful at it. I have many of her drawings she has completed throughout the years hung in my room. Looking at them I see how she has progressed from drawings where one wonders what the object is to drawings where one can clearly tell what she was drawing. It is the same with all humans, regardless of where they are in their life span. Thank you for sharing this wise view.
Once again, a great point of view.

I am of the belief: Without our mistakes we would not be where we are today. After all, as mentioned we all make mistakes. Those who progress are the ones who take their mistakes and learn from them. Some of the best inventions throughout history came about because of a "mistake." Watch an infant/child and we observe just how much we learn from making "mistakes."

My daughter loves to draw, but thinks she is awful at it. I have many of her drawings she has completed throughout the years hung in my room. Looking at them I see how she has progressed from drawings where one wonders what the object is to drawings where one can clearly tell what she was drawing. It is the same with all humans, regardless of where they are in their life span.

Thank you for sharing this wise view.
SUPPORT
Anna D.

United States

E365 Country Champion
Silver Fast-Track

[quote=1594049]Once again, a great point of view. I am of the belief: Without our mistakes we would not be where we are today. After all, as mentioned we all make mistakes. Those who progress are the ones who take their mistakes and learn from them. Some of the best inventions throughout history came about because of a "mistake." Watch an infant/child and we observe just how much we learn from making "mistakes." My daughter loves to draw, but thinks she is awful at it. I have many of her drawings she has completed throughout the years hung in my room. Looking at them I see how she has progressed from drawings where one wonders what the object is to drawings where one can clearly tell what she was drawing. It is the same with all humans, regardless of where they are in their life span. Thank you for sharing this wise view.[/quote] Thank YOU, Anna! Beautiful analogy.
Anna D. posted:
Once again, a great point of view.

I am of the belief: Without our mistakes we would not be where we are today. After all, as mentioned we all make mistakes. Those who progress are the ones who take their mistakes and learn from them. Some of the best inventions throughout history came about because of a "mistake." Watch an infant/child and we observe just how much we learn from making "mistakes."

My daughter loves to draw, but thinks she is awful at it. I have many of her drawings she has completed throughout the years hung in my room. Looking at them I see how she has progressed from drawings where one wonders what the object is to drawings where one can clearly tell what she was drawing. It is the same with all humans, regardless of where they are in their life span.

Thank you for sharing this wise view.

Thank YOU, Anna! Beautiful analogy.
9x SUPPORT
Randy I.

United States

Posted 12 days ago

Thanks for your post. There is a proverb:- Leaders are born by birth. You have cut and shape them. After that, you polish them before represent.... The thing is, there is a scarcity of good teachers, who can spent time to understand one before shape us. SFI is very good platform to work and earn but more than 90% is inactive due to proper guidance. The senior members should involve more to boost and motivate by sharing their's views and ideas. But unfortunately, very rare posts of Diamond and Platinum leaders are published. It is always helpful, if the senior members participate more.
Thanks for your post.

There is a proverb:-
Leaders are born by birth.
You have cut and shape them.
After that, you polish them before represent....

The thing is, there is a scarcity of good teachers, who can spent time to understand one before shape us.
SFI is very good platform to work and earn but more than 90% is inactive due to proper guidance.
The senior members should involve more to boost and motivate by sharing their's views and ideas.
But unfortunately, very rare posts of Diamond and Platinum leaders are published.
It is always helpful, if the senior members participate more.
5x SUPPORT
SUDIP P.

India

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted 12 days ago

Wise words .... I'm far from perfect but aiming to do my best .. always in process of improvement :-) It is not about being perfect, it's about our attitude "towards" that is making us better. There isn't a perfect person - but we are all learning and advancing while learning. The more we comminicate within Team - the more we improve. Nice image - a picture is worth more than a thousand words, indeed - light and shadow, makes the balance. Thank you :sunny:
Wise words ....
I'm far from perfect but aiming to do my best .. always in process of improvement :-)
It is not about being perfect, it's about our attitude "towards" that is making us better.
There isn't a perfect person - but we are all learning and advancing while learning. The more we comminicate within Team - the more we improve.
Nice image - a picture is worth more than a thousand words, indeed - light and shadow, makes the balance.
Thank you
7x SUPPORT
Tara G.

Croatia

Guru Rank: #7

| Edit settings