SFI 20th Anniversary Special: $.89 PSAs! Details HERE.

Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

Why Sorting Is Critical To Your Team Building Efforts...

must-read post

Posted about 1 year ago, edited 8 months ago More by Leon M.

[b]Focusing On Sorting And NOT Convincing[/b] I've noticed that each time I create a stream post no matter how positive or actionable it is I still receive dislikes. Why is this? Not sure, but in order to make it in this business you've got to have some [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thick_skin]thick skin[/url]. You simply can't take rejection and criticism personally! How does this relate to sorting verses convincing when building your team? Let's begin with defining the terms I'm using as they relate to SFI: 1) Sorting - When you're sorting through prospects or established Affiliates you're looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want to change their lives. How do you know they want to change their lives? The questions they ask which lead to the things they do which then produce results. Work closely with these Affiliates! 2) Convincing - When you're focused on convincing prospects or established Affiliates you're trying to sell them on why they should change their life and that SFI is the solution. You're trying to sell them something they maybe don't even want! Maybe they thought they wanted change? Maybe they hoped SFI was the answer? Sorry, but hope is not a plan! Keep these prospects or Affiliates in your information loop, but do not try and convince them of anything! If you have a sorting mindset you do NOT take rejection personally! Maybe now is not the right time for your prospect or Affiliate? Maybe they're not at the right time in their life? There's a lot of maybes! If you allow yourself to fall into the convincing mindset you WILL take rejection personally! Maybe a family member not only says no to SFI, but they may even try and rob you of your dream. We all know that hurts! The convincing mindset leads us to spend countless hours debating over why Affiliates signup and then do nothing. We may question ourselves or even the business opportunity. We then focus on coming up with a magical method of getting those inactive Affiliates to become active. For the most part this is a waste of time! I've always believed that if you want to accomplish anything then a key strategy is to learn from those that have done it! The most successful people in our industry have been telling us for decades to focus on working with the workers. The workers are the ones that raise their hand and then act! Our job is to sort through prospects and established Affiliates and find those workers. We should not spend a second of our time directly trying to convince the doubters and skeptics. Leon McKee [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/profile?tab=bookmarks&sfiid=10601]Helpful Bookmarks[/url] P.S. This thread was inspired by the numerous emails and comments I received here: [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=87801]Compensation Plan Math Verses Human Nature[/url]
Focusing On Sorting And NOT Convincing

I've noticed that each time I create a stream post no matter how positive or actionable it is I still receive dislikes. Why is this? Not sure, but in order to make it in this business you've got to have some thick skin. You simply can't take rejection and criticism personally! How does this relate to sorting verses convincing when building your team?

Let's begin with defining the terms I'm using as they relate to SFI:

1) Sorting - When you're sorting through prospects or established Affiliates you're looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want to change their lives. How do you know they want to change their lives? The questions they ask which lead to the things they do which then produce results. Work closely with these Affiliates!

2) Convincing - When you're focused on convincing prospects or established Affiliates you're trying to sell them on why they should change their life and that SFI is the solution. You're trying to sell them something they maybe don't even want! Maybe they thought they wanted change? Maybe they hoped SFI was the answer? Sorry, but hope is not a plan! Keep these prospects or Affiliates in your information loop, but do not try and convince them of anything!

If you have a sorting mindset you do NOT take rejection personally! Maybe now is not the right time for your prospect or Affiliate? Maybe they're not at the right time in their life? There's a lot of maybes!

If you allow yourself to fall into the convincing mindset you WILL take rejection personally! Maybe a family member not only says no to SFI, but they may even try and rob you of your dream. We all know that hurts!

The convincing mindset leads us to spend countless hours debating over why Affiliates signup and then do nothing. We may question ourselves or even the business opportunity. We then focus on coming up with a magical method of getting those inactive Affiliates to become active. For the most part this is a waste of time!

I've always believed that if you want to accomplish anything then a key strategy is to learn from those that have done it! The most successful people in our industry have been telling us for decades to focus on working with the workers. The workers are the ones that raise their hand and then act! Our job is to sort through prospects and established Affiliates and find those workers. We should not spend a second of our time directly trying to convince the doubters and skeptics.

Leon McKee

Helpful Bookmarks

P.S. This thread was inspired by the numerous emails and comments I received here: Compensation Plan Math Verses Human Nature
58x SUPPORT
Leon M.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #15

Posted about 1 year ago

Right on target as usual, Leon. I know what you mean about the dislikes. I don't understand it, nor am I concerned by it. Thanks
Right on target as usual, Leon.

I know what you mean about the dislikes.
I don't understand it, nor am I concerned by it.

Thanks
5x SUPPORT
Louis B.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 year ago

Tremendous post. I love to sort and train. Be it a group of hopefuls who have the will and lack tools and training, or advanced users who come here with experience, to first day newbies we all have different needs and all can benefit from some form of training. If we are lumped together we are not given the tools and training specific to our situation, and if the upline is only trying to convince us to want SFI they will sound like a sales pitch. Andy Zeus Anderson
Tremendous post.

I love to sort and train. Be it a group of hopefuls who have the will and lack tools and training, or advanced users who come here with experience, to first day newbies we all have different needs and all can benefit from some form of training. If we are lumped together we are not given the tools and training specific to our situation, and if the upline is only trying to convince us to want SFI they will sound like a sales pitch.

Andy Zeus Anderson
66x SUPPORT
Andrew A.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #7

Posted about 1 year ago 1 Reply

Thanks for the inspired and inspiring post Leon, as for the "dislikes" you received, the ONLY thing I can think of that anyone could find even the tiniest bit objectionable might be the spelling of "versus" as "verses". I believe versus is the spelling we need here. Sorry to be a nitpicker but I think I was a school teacher in a past life (LOL). :innocent: :sunglasses:
Thanks for the inspired and inspiring post Leon,

as for the "dislikes" you received, the ONLY thing I can think of that anyone could

find even the tiniest bit objectionable might be the spelling of "versus" as "verses".

I believe versus is the spelling we need here. Sorry to be a nitpicker but I think I was

a school teacher in a past life (LOL).
8x SUPPORT
Karen E.

Canada

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 year ago

Thank you, Leon, for a very informative post. I no longer try to convince anyone of the benefits of joining SFI or Triple Clicks. I just give them the facts and the benefits of both and let them make up their own minds. As far as my team is concerned, I send them messages about my experiences and any training I think will benefit them and let them decide if they want to make use of it or not. If they are inactive, I continue to send them these messages but continue to prospect for other affiliates. I hope that some day the inactive affiliates will wake up and become active, but if they don't it is their loss not mine. As far as criticism is concerned, I will take constructive criticism and work with it, but negative criticism I just let roll off my back, so to speak. I have learned that if someone rejects what I am telling them, they are not rejecting me, just the information or opportunity I am presenting to them. Again, their loss not mine.
Thank you, Leon, for a very informative post. I no longer try to convince anyone of the benefits of joining SFI or Triple Clicks. I just give them the facts and the benefits of both and let them make up their own minds. As far as my team is concerned, I send them messages about my experiences and any training I think will benefit them and let them decide if they want to make use of it or not. If they are inactive, I continue to send them these messages but continue to prospect for other affiliates. I hope that some day the inactive affiliates will wake up and become active, but if they don't it is their loss not mine. As far as criticism is concerned, I will take constructive criticism and work with it, but negative criticism I just let roll off my back, so to speak. I have learned that if someone rejects what I am telling them, they are not rejecting me, just the information or opportunity I am presenting to them. Again, their loss not mine.

Posted about 1 year ago

Excellent post, Leon.
Excellent post, Leon.
123x SUPPORT
Jessie M.

Canada

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #14

Posted about 1 year ago

Hello Mr.Leon McKee Wery Good Post thank you . As we all work on this Business SFI ,Human Nature should newer judge the workers as we are Nation should bee support and make bether as One Team .Like or Dislike I see on somany post 'As my time with SFI I'm faloing and reading try Forum as a respect for evrone how is making any post so healping as to learn from the Bether To The Best,Thank you for the evry single words I read on her,
Hello Mr.Leon McKee
Wery Good Post thank you .
As we all work on this Business SFI ,Human Nature should newer judge the workers as we are Nation should bee support and make bether as One Team .Like or Dislike I see on somany post 'As my time with SFI I'm faloing and reading try Forum as a respect for evrone how is making any post so healping as to learn from the Bether To The Best,Thank you for the evry single words I read on her,
Albina J.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Silver Fast-Track

Posted about 1 year ago More by Leon M. 1 Reply

[quote=917519]Thanks for the inspired and inspiring post Leon, as for the "dislikes" you received, the ONLY thing I can think of that anyone could find even the tiniest bit objectionable might be the spelling of "versus" as "verses". I believe versus is the spelling we need here. Sorry to be a nitpicker but I think I was a school teacher in a past life (LOL). :innocent: :sunglasses: [/quote] One things for sure and that's my lack of grammar skills :laughing: I can't tell you how many times I've written something only to find obvious mistakes at a latter point. These days I try and blame it on auto-correct and spell-check, but most everyone that knows me is wise to my story. Argh! Leon McKee
Karen E. posted:
Thanks for the inspired and inspiring post Leon,

as for the "dislikes" you received, the ONLY thing I can think of that anyone could

find even the tiniest bit objectionable might be the spelling of "versus" as "verses".

I believe versus is the spelling we need here. Sorry to be a nitpicker but I think I was

a school teacher in a past life (LOL).

One things for sure and that's my lack of grammar skills

I can't tell you how many times I've written something only to find obvious mistakes at a latter point. These days I try and blame it on auto-correct and spell-check, but most everyone that knows me is wise to my story. Argh!

Leon McKee
58x SUPPORT
Leon M.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track
Guru Rank: #15

Posted about 1 year ago

[quote=917466][b]Focusing On Sorting And NOT Convincing[/b] I've noticed that each time I create a stream post no matter how positive or actionable it is I still receive dislikes. Why is this? Not sure, but in order to make it in this business you've got to have some [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thick_skin]thick skin[/url]. You simply can't take rejection and criticism personally! How does this relate to sorting verses convincing when building your team? Let's begin with defining the terms I'm using as they relate to SFI: [/quote] Excellent post Leon, I will say this.... We all need to take [b]OUR BUSINESS SERIOUS[/b], not everyone will agree with us. This is life. Rejection is the [b]BIGGEST[/b] cause of failure in any business. I can not tell you how many times I felt like quiting because of rejection. But I have learnt to move on, to persevere... This is why I am now in my 19th year with SFI. I have over this 19 years built a very successful, strong team of affiliates.. Now I just smile at those who offer their rejection towards my business. There will always be those "na sayers".. Just smile and move on. There are plenty of serious, motivated people out there who can use all your positive vibes.. Just never give in.. Thanks Leon, I will share this with my...LOL our team. Roy and Lizzie
Leon M. posted:

I've noticed that each time I create a stream post no matter how positive or actionable it is I still receive dislikes. Why is this? Not sure, but in order to make it in this business you've got to have some thick skin. You simply can't take rejection and criticism personally! How does this relate to sorting verses convincing when building your team?

Excellent post Leon,
I will say this....

We all need to take OUR BUSINESS SERIOUS, not everyone will agree with us. This is life. Rejection is the BIGGEST cause of failure in any business. I can not tell you how many times I felt like quiting because of rejection. But I have learnt to move on, to persevere... This is why I am now in my 19th year with SFI. I have over this 19 years built a very successful, strong team of affiliates.. Now I just smile at those who offer their rejection towards my business.

There will always be those "na sayers".. Just smile and move on. There are plenty of serious, motivated people out there who can use all your positive vibes..

Just never give in..

Thanks Leon,
I will share this with my...LOL our team.

Roy and Lizzie
6x SUPPORT
Liezel T.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 year ago

You are right about not spending too much time trying to convince the skeptics and doubters. I will put this in mind when with my PSAs and prospects. Great tips. Love it.
You are right about not spending too much time trying to convince the skeptics and doubters. I will put this in mind when with my PSAs and prospects. Great tips. Love it.
2x SUPPORT
Beatrice A.

Nigeria

E365 Country Champion

Posted about 1 year ago

[quote=917466][b]Focusing On Sorting And NOT Convincing[/b] I've noticed that each time I create a stream post no matter how positive or actionable it is I still receive dislikes. Why is this? Not sure, but in order to make it in this business you've got to have some [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thick_skin]thick skin[/url]. You simply can't take rejection and criticism personally! How does this relate to sorting verses convincing when building your team? Let's begin with defining the terms I'm using as they relate to SFI: 1) Sorting - When you're sorting through prospects or established Affiliates you're looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want to change their lives. How do you know they want to change their lives? The questions they ask which lead to the things they do which then produce results. Work closely with these Affiliates! 2) Convincing - When you're focused on convincing prospects or established Affiliates you're trying to sell them on why they should change their life and that SFI is the solution. You're trying to sell them something they maybe don't even want! Maybe they thought they wanted change? Maybe they hoped SFI was the answer? Sorry, but hope is not a plan! Keep these prospects or Affiliates in your information loop, but do not try and convince them of anything! If you have a sorting mindset you do NOT take rejection personally! Maybe now is not the right time for your prospect or Affiliate? Maybe they're not at the right time in their life? There's a lot of maybes! If you allow yourself to fall into the convincing mindset you WILL take rejection personally! Maybe a family member not only says no to SFI, but they may even try and rob you of your dream. We all know that hurts! The convincing mindset leads us to spend countless hours debating over why Affiliates signup and then do nothing. We may question ourselves or even the business opportunity. We then focus on coming up with a magical method of getting those inactive Affiliates to become active. For the most part this is a waste of time! I've always believed that if you want to accomplish anything then a key strategy is to learn from those that have done it! The most successful people in our industry have been telling us for decades to focus on working with the workers. The workers are the ones that raise their hand and then act! Our job is to sort through prospects and established Affiliates and find those workers. We should not spend a second of our time directly trying to convince the doubters and skeptics. Leon McKee P.S. This thread was inspired by the numerous emails and comments I received here: [url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/thread?id=87801]Compensation Plan Math Verses Human Nature[/url] P.P.S. [b][url=https://www.sfimg.com/forum/profile?tab=bookmarks&sfiid=10601]My Forum Bookmarks[/url][/b][/quote] Nice one Mckee, this have always been my stand on recruitments and others businesses that sorting is a more powerful way to build teammates than trying to convince those who truly are not cut in for what one is doing. i hope this will certainly help out as a lead to growing in life generally.
Leon M. posted:

1) Sorting - When you're sorting through prospects or established Affiliates you're looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want to change their lives. How do you know they want to change their lives? The questions they ask which lead to the things they do which then produce results. Work closely with these Affiliates!

2) Convincing - When you're focused on convincing prospects or established Affiliates you're trying to sell them on why they should change their life and that SFI is the solution. You're trying to sell them something they maybe don't even want! Maybe they thought they wanted change? Maybe they hoped SFI was the answer? Sorry, but hope is not a plan! Keep these prospects or Affiliates in your information loop, but do not try and convince them of anything!

If you have a sorting mindset you do NOT take rejection personally! Maybe now is not the right time for your prospect or Affiliate? Maybe they're not at the right time in their life? There's a lot of maybes!

If you allow yourself to fall into the convincing mindset you WILL take rejection personally! Maybe a family member not only says no to SFI, but they may even try and rob you of your dream. We all know that hurts!

The convincing mindset leads us to spend countless hours debating over why Affiliates signup and then do nothing. We may question ourselves or even the business opportunity. We then focus on coming up with a magical method of getting those inactive Affiliates to become active. For the most part this is a waste of time!

I've always believed that if you want to accomplish anything then a key strategy is to learn from those that have done it! The most successful people in our industry have been telling us for decades to focus on working with the workers. The workers are the ones that raise their hand and then act! Our job is to sort through prospects and established Affiliates and find those workers. We should not spend a second of our time directly trying to convince the doubters and skeptics.

Leon McKee

P.S. This thread was inspired by the numerous emails and comments I received here: Compensation Plan Math Verses Human Nature

P.P.S. My Forum Bookmarks

Nice one Mckee, this have always been my stand on recruitments and others businesses that sorting is a more powerful way to build teammates than trying to convince those who truly are not cut in for what one is doing. i hope this will certainly help out as a lead to growing in life generally.

Posted about 1 year ago, edited about 1 year ago

Leon, Excellent Post! Definitely in line with SFI Rules of Success #4. I will share your post with my team members. Thank you for sharing!
Leon,

Excellent Post! Definitely in line with SFI Rules of Success #4. I will share your post with my team members.

Thank you for sharing!
38x SUPPORT
Francis R.

Palau

| Edit settings