Welcome to the Forum

Join in-depth discussions of SFI news, products, programs, and more with your fellow SFI affiliates. Brainstorm and share tips and ideas. Start new threads. Get your questions answered 24/7, become a Forum Guru, and more!

I feel so proud

Posted about 1 year ago

I looked at my genealogy and almost spit out my coffee. :open_mouth: I exclaimed "I'm a great-great-great-great-great-grandmother!" and my husband stopped what he was doing and raised his eyebrows at me. :flushed: I had to take the time to show him that I have generation 7 folks now and that I was using an abstract description that keeps track of the relationship better in my brain. I made this graphic to show him: [img]https://i.imgur.com/AKAJWIX.png[/img] Am I the only one who thinks of it this way?
I looked at my genealogy and almost spit out my coffee.
I exclaimed "I'm a great-great-great-great-great-grandmother!" and my husband stopped what he was doing and raised his eyebrows at me.
I had to take the time to show him that I have generation 7 folks now and that I was using an abstract description that keeps track of the relationship better in my brain. I made this graphic to show him:

Am I the only one who thinks of it this way?
6x SUPPORT
Birdie H.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 year ago

Birdie H Wow, very interesting if I have too, I hope someday I have also like that in your line.
Birdie H

Wow, very interesting if I have too, I hope someday I have also like that in your line.
SUPPORT
MANUELITO H.

Philippines

E365 Champion

Posted about 1 year ago

Hi, Birdie, I never thought of it like that, but it is a great analogy! Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!!! I will see you at the finish line!!
Hi, Birdie, I never thought of it like that, but it is a great analogy! Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!!!
I will see you at the finish line!!
15x SUPPORT
Sara F.

United States

E365 Champion
Silver Fast-Track

Posted about 1 year ago

But you don't look that old! Congratulations! :bowtie:
But you don't look that old!
Congratulations!
John G.

United States

E365 Champion
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 year ago

Great Team Building. Congratulations!!!
Great Team Building. Congratulations!!!
25x SUPPORT
Henry U.

Nigeria

E365 Champion

Posted about 1 year ago

Very interesting way to look at it. Congratulations. May you have an every expanding family! :-)
Very interesting way to look at it. Congratulations. May you have an every expanding family! :-)
2x SUPPORT
Jeffrey Z.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations!
Thanks for sharing. Congratulations!
16x SUPPORT
Gladys K.

United States

Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 year ago

Birdie, Congratulations for being a 5 times great grandmother, and still look so so young:smile: I hope you will pass on the genes to your generation (team):smile: I am sure you did put in a lot of time, effort, and perseverance to accomplish this success, and share it in a way that even the newbies can understand:smile: Even though I am sure I am older than you in every way, I may be up for adoption:pensive::grinning:
Birdie,
Congratulations for being a 5 times great grandmother, and still look so so young
I hope you will pass on the genes to your generation (team)
I am sure you did put in a lot of time, effort, and perseverance to accomplish this success, and share it in a way that even the newbies can understand
Even though I am sure I am older than you in every way, I may be up for adoption
SUPPORT
Gweneth L.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track

Posted about 1 year ago

I was just thinking today of sponsor, grandsponsor, ... Is this a hundredth monkey thing? Will this be new SFI terminology? :smile:
I was just thinking today of sponsor, grandsponsor, ... Is this a hundredth monkey thing? Will this be new SFI terminology?
8x SUPPORT
John M.

United States

Silver Fast-Track

Posted about 1 year ago

Hi Birdee, It is great to see the depth of Grand Relationship you have created. It is afterall building the legacy and passing it on to the next generation. We, in India have heard of these things from our great grand parents about how our ancestors protected the old culture and old scriptures by educating the next generation. The process continues for more than several thousand years. Thanks for reminding me the golden old traditions and All the very best for your future. Harshvardhan
Hi Birdee,

It is great to see the depth of Grand Relationship you have created. It is afterall building the legacy and passing it on to the next generation. We, in India have heard of these things from our great grand parents about how our ancestors protected the old culture and old scriptures by educating the next generation. The process continues for more than several thousand years.

Thanks for reminding me the golden old traditions and All the very best for your future.

Harshvardhan
Harshvardhan P.

India

E365 Runner Up

Posted about 1 year ago

Too cute. Love it
Too cute. Love it
15x SUPPORT
Bruce B.

United States

E365 Runner Up
Gold Fast-Track